• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

My Katt has had a giant shark tank in her house for months. It's pretty funny when she comments about how it reminds her of an evil villain's lair. But yeah, it's ugly and takes up so much room. I gotta do it if I want their picture though.

Well the upshot is that 8/10 of these are definite permanents. So I got months before I can finally get their picture via petition or perfect fruit. :)

Elija2

Well the upshot is that 8/10 of these are definite permanents. So I got months before I can finally get their picture via petition or perfect fruit. :)

Yeah, but I like getting villager pics as quickly as possible so I can stop bombarding them with letters and presents every day.

I bet I can get Rosie's pic before you.

In that case, you are very welcome to mine in return for those three!

Really? I would like that. :) Not sure if I'll play today, cause I gonna watch a movie with the misses. I'll keep those three apart for you. And that other nice for Rocwell. If I get to game today, I'll let you know.

braves01

Banned
I've decided, I will NOT donate any fish or bugs or damn fossils to my villagers and clutter up their houses anymore. Not even for their silly requests. NOPE. NOPE NOPE. I'm sick of looking at those containers. SERIOUSLY. 2X2 aquariums and FOSSIL. NOPE, I"M NOT HAVING IT.

That fossil bit was at Pashmina's... which came with her house. :\ Who the fuck would give a fossil to a villager. Man. That's one HUGE ugly spot in her house.

I love it when I visit a villager's house and see the huge diplo torso I gave them months ago still sitting in the middle of the living room. Whenever they ask me what I think of their house, I always tell them it looks great, even if it looks like shit, because my house should be the best house in town. I want no competition.

Philia

Yeah, but I like getting villager pics as quickly as possible so I can stop bombarding them with letters and presents every day.

I bet I can get Rosie's pic before you.

They attach their pictures to their letters prior to their moving? I only thought they do that only when they're moving out.

Elija2

They attach their pictures to their letters prior to their moving? I only thought they do that only when they're moving out.

No, but it boosts your friendship with them which makes getting their pic for completing their requests more likely.

They'll sometimes send you their pic in the mail if you let them visit your house though.

Philia

No, but it boosts your friendship with them which makes getting their pic for completing their requests more likely.

They'll sometimes send you their pic in the mail if you let them visit your house though.

Shame, I can't really do letters right now. I'm on BT and I can only order mail orders twice a day oppose to 3 when the shop opens before delivery at 9 am. I'm ordering a lot of stuff for hubby to catalog. So it'll be a while before I can start dedicating letters. Right now, I'm using retail and refurbishing furniture for them to buy on the spot with my pushing. Trying to make their houses suitable again. Del's thankfully still intact with his robo stuff. :3 I've donated a Ultra Scope because it fits lol.

Linius

Ahaha, that happened to me yesterday.

I sadly sold the scorpion I caught the night before too...

I still have two tarantulas in my living room just in case...

Also did some succesfull diving. Just went in and caught everything I saw and it resulted in four new catches (flatworm. oyster, clam and turban shell) and I got myself the regular salmon. Now his bigger buddy...

Look deep inside your heart. You know Booker to be the only true answer.

Booker is hilarious. Glad I picked him even though I had no idea I was choosing a cop and not just a design.

When I went into Flora's house and all she had was her two flamingos and 3 fossils and 2 bugs, I felt so bad. Now I compulsively send my villagers furniture until they all have a bed, a stereo, and maybe some plants or a flat-screen. Ankha has been tough. She keeps rejecting my gifts.

Oh, and when I got Lucky, all his house had in it was a bunch of asteroids. Literally. Nice.

Chopper

Really? I would like that. :) Not sure if I'll play today, cause I gonna watch a movie with the misses. I'll keep those three apart for you. And that other nice for Rocwell. If I get to game today, I'll let you know.
No worries. I won't get the Moving til tomorrow morning anyway. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Jak140

I'm always glad when there's new things to catch, frustrated when I still haven't caught them all a few days later, and then somewhat dissapointed that there's nothing new left to catch once I have.

Philia

When I went into Flora's house and all she had was her two flamingos and 3 fossils and 2 bugs, I felt so bad. Now I compulsively send my villagers furniture until they all have a bed, a stereo, and maybe some plants or a flat-screen. Ankha has been tough. She keeps rejecting my gifts.

Poor Flora lol.

I've been using this site to let me know what they like. Its intended as picking out the best birthday gift for them but it works as everyday gifts anyway.

Ankha doesn't like any particular furniture set besides old and historical. You'd best try vintage stuff or golden set or the non custom regal set. The idea is that she likes historical and yellow. Perhaps this list will help you a ton.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/filtered-items/?style=Old&color=yellow&disliked=Rock

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Weird, there's supposed to be a meteor shower this evening but I'm not seeing any :/ (it's 20:35 here).

Did you try entering a building/going to main street and then going back? I forget whose town I was in, but none were showing up and we did that and it helped.

Poor Flora lol.

I've been using this site to let me know what they like. Its intended as picking out the best birthday gift for them but it works as everyday gifts anyway.

Ankha doesn't like any particular furniture set besides old and historical. You'd best try vintage stuff or golden set or the non custom regal set. The idea is that she likes historical and yellow. Perhaps this list will help you a ton.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/filtered-items/?style=Old&color=yellow&disliked=Rock

Awesome P I'll try it and see how it goes. Still only one pic on my mantle :(

Edit: Where do I get a pyramid or a mummy's casket?

Ugh, had to spend a half-hour last night save quitting to get one of my villagers who was moving to ping me so I could stop them from doing so.

I really wish there was a way to stop that once you get the villagers you want.

Also, why won't any of them suggest the damn Police Station already? >.>

I still have two tarantulas in my living room just in case.

Lesson learnt.

Although I don't think villagers ask for out-of-season creatures like the tarantula, unless you're saving them for a generic bug request?

Also, does anybody have any interesting villagers moving out soon? I'm giving away Tipper to somebody, but I'd like to choose her replacement, rather than risk getting one from StreetPass or online.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Awesome P I'll try it and see how it goes. Still only one pic on my mantle :(

Edit: Where do I get a pyramid or a mummy's casket?

The former will just randomly be for sale, and the latter is a Gulliver item. I can order either/both for you if you want.

Koren

Is letters really an efficient boost for getting pics? My main issue is the lack of requests :(

Right now, I'm using retail and refurbishing furniture for them to buy on the spot with my pushing. Trying to make their houses suitable again.
Good luck, I find it awfully difficult sometimes. You manage to put an item in their house, and they get rid of another...

I don't know if it's true, but I think they try to keep objects of the same size (1x1, 1x2, 2x2, etc.), always at the same place, probably to keep houses "decent" (doesn't work so well). So if you want to get rid of something in their house, the best way is to send them something that has exactly the same size, or it'll replace something else with it. My chadder had something awful of 2x2 size, It was awfully difficult to find something decent to swap.

Its intended as picking out the best birthday gift for them but it works as everyday gifts anyway.
I find it a bit surprising that their tastes differ from the items in their original house. At first, I based my gifts on their original interior, but it's not really good.

By the way, this morning, I saw the (obvious) difference between lit interior and dark interior, and I wonder how I managed to miss this. Thanks again for pointing it to me...

Weird, there's supposed to be a meteor shower this evening but I'm not seeing any :/ (it's 20:35 here).
Just wait a bit, something it takes 5-10 minutes to begin.

MicH

6 regular salmons later I still haven't an the King salmon

EDIT LOL! Literally as I posted this one spawned. Yessss

The former will just randomly be for sale, and the latter is a Gulliver item. I can order either/both for you if you want.

That'd be awesome for both. One for lucky and one for Ankha. The huge baby bear in Ankhas house isn't cutting it. And I still haven't gotten to see your Ankha shrine. :p

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Zucker is moving in from the camping spot!

(After all these months, still no Police Station suggestion).

Frogstep

I feel like my town is starting to become overrun with flowers, certainly looks that way.

How do you guys organize your flowers?

My Kevin is leaving on the 6th. I adore him but he's probably not what most people consider "interesting."
Thanks for offering!

Hey, he looks cool. Not sure if I want two jocks in my town though ^^;;;

I feel like my town is starting to become overrun with flowers, certainly looks that way.

How do some of you organize your flowers?

I arrange them in a grid like this:

XOXOX
OXOXO

Where X is a flower and O is a space.

That halves your flower density and if you arrange your flowers properly, you can have hybrid-producing beds.

Phil, Hazel, Peewee, and Drift will all be coming out of my TT town at some point if you want any of them. If you remind me in a couple days, I might have some others I can offer.

Let's see... I have two smugs and two normals already and I have a gorilla who's a jock.

Man, I must sound so picky X D

Thanks, will probably do so!

Chopper

How do you guys organize your flowers?
I use them to decorate PWPs, layout paths and I have flowerbeds throughout the town and outside neighbours' houses. They're everywhere, but organised pretty concisely. Slowly weeding out those non-hybrids as I go. Take a look: 7400-2258-8806.

Frogstep

I arrange them in a grid like this:

XOXOX
OXOXO

Where X is a flower and O is a space.

That halves your flower density and if you arrange your flowers properly, you can have hybrid-producing beds.

Oh ok, that's kind of how I arranged some of the flowers that produce rare hybrids.

I use them to decorate PWPs, layout paths and I have flowerbeds throughout the town and outside neighbours' houses. They're everywhere, but organised pretty concisely. Slowly weeding out those non-hybrids as I go. Take a look: 7400-2258-8806.

Yeah I also like to put small flowerbeds outside of my villager's houses and to cover up some of the ugly dirt patches. I'll take a look and see how you have yours organized. :)

Seigyoku

Pic dump from the past week or so:

tumblr_msgnvijLrq1sw5rnlo10_400.jpg

See ya, friendo :(

I need to upload some Boomer pics. Found a lost book this morning, turned out to be issue #8 of his favorite comic book. <3

That fossil bit was at Pashmina's... which came with her house. :\ Who the fuck would give a fossil to a villager. Man. That's one HUGE ugly spot in her house.

Lolly, who has been in my village from the start, has a giant fossil in her house. I don't know how she got it. Never put them for sale at Re-Tail, didn't send her one. I can only imagine I was passing out on my alt and she asked for one in my pockets. It needs to go. Also I need to not play when I'm passing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom