• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

Lolly, who has been in my village from the start, has a giant fossil in her house. I don't know how she got it. Never put them for sale at Re-Tail, didn't send her one. I can only imagine I was passing out on my alt and she asked for one in my pockets. It needs to go. Also I need to not play when I'm passing out.

Memories of my sending gifts to woo Rosie at Zigg's town reminds me that she still is displaying the Blue Falcon at her house in my husband's town lol.

I guess gifting a friend's villager a huge ass fossil is an excellent form of a troll that is being discovered right now.

Hey guys, just a reminder that I have a bonus in Perfect Apples today. Apples are my native fruit though so the bonus will be less than it would be in a town with a different native fruit (by 1/2, iirc).

If you're interested, please send me a PM with your FC. I'll be on in about 2 hours or so, around 7 PM EST.

Hey guys, just a reminder that I have a bonus in Perfect Apples today. Apples are my native fruit though so the bonus will be less than it would be in a town with a different native fruit (by 1/2, iirc).

If you're interested, please send me a PM with your FC. I'll be on in about 2 hours or so, around 7 PM EST.

Ahh why do people always post about Perfect Apples when my orchard is naked :(

Koren

If I'm not mistaken, Perfect apples with premium in an apple town is 1200. Perfect apples WITHOUT premium in a non-apple town is 3000 (it becomes 6000 with a premium).

I'm not sure you'll get a lot of taker, unfortunately.

Koomaster

Anyone who has done a lot of refurbishing with Cyrus; have you noticed that he seems to take less time to refurbish items than the 30 minutes he says?

On days like today and yesterday when I am making a lot of items I've noticed that he's gotten work done a couple minutes faster. Like I will get into a routine where I will drop furniture off on the hour and at :30 after the hour just so I know when I should be picking things up. But sometimes I will go into ReTail at like 25minutes after the hour to sell something and my item will be ready 5 minutes early.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

Anyone who has done a lot of refurbishing with Cyrus; have you noticed that he seems to take less time to refurbish items than the 30 minutes he says?

On days like today and yesterday when I am making a lot of items I've noticed that he's gotten work done a couple minutes faster. Like I will get into a routine where I will drop furniture off on the hour and at :30 after the hour just so I know when I should be picking things up. But sometimes I will go into ReTail at like 25minutes after the hour to sell something and my item will be ready 5 minutes early.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

He does say "around" 30 minutes. Might be a translation thing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've decided, I will NOT donate any fish or bugs or damn fossils to my villagers and clutter up their houses anymore. Not even for their silly requests. NOPE. NOPE NOPE. I'm sick of looking at those containers. SERIOUSLY. 2X2 aquariums and FOSSIL. NOPE, I"M NOT HAVING IT.

That fossil bit was at Pashmina's... which came with her house. :\ Who the fuck would give a fossil to a villager. Man. That's one HUGE ugly spot in her house.
I gave Daisy a Triceratops model and got her picture in return. She already has some fossils in her default home *just the 1x1 podiums mind)

But yeah, bit annoyed I gave Bonbon an angel fish that is now smack in the middle of her room. Especially as it replaced the patchwork table I gave her to make up for the fact she gave me hers.

Koomaster

He does say "around" 30 minutes. Might be a translation thing.
Hmm, that may be it. I really never took his time as an estimate before but you are probably right.

My only theory on this was for every piece he refurbishes he shaves 1 second off his total time. I have the gold badge which means I have refurbished over 300 items with him. So 300 seconds = 5 minutes which is about how much faster he's been getting my items ready.

But yeah, it makes more sense that his 30 minutes is just an estimate. ^____^;;

Philia

Phillia: I've got that lefty desk and vision tester for whenever you want to stop by my town. Lemme know when you're ready.

K, I'm coming over. :)

Koomaster, have you fully furnished everyone's houses to your liking or its still wip in some? I'd like to visit your town for some ideas.

Koomaster

K, I'm coming over. :)

Koomaster, have you fully furnished everyone's houses to your liking or its still wip in some? I'd like to visit your town for some ideas.
No not really unfortunately, still working on PeeWees but for some reason he's not taking any furniture I've been giving him. Been sending him stuff the past week and he's only displayed 2 pieces so far. Annoying dude!

I've actually ended up starting a 2nd character for my town so decorated her front room so far. I am also opening up a fancy restaurant in the museum. So many tables and chairs need to be refurbished.

Philia

I've actually ended up starting a 2nd character for my town so decorated her front room so far. I am also opening up a fancy restaurant in the museum. So many tables and chairs need to be refurbished.

Ahhhhh. Cafe/bar/sweet shoppe inside the museum sounds fucking brilliant. I should do this. Its a damn shame that you can't see this from a dream though.

Koomaster

Ahhhhh. Cafe/bar/sweet shoppe inside the museum sounds fucking brilliant. I should do this. Its a damn shame that you can't see this from a dream though.
Here is what I have so far...

tumblr_msmhqkgchV1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Still need to refurb another table and two more chairs tonight. I have a grand piano coming in tomorrow which will go beside the gyroids. Also plants in the bottom corners. I may also put a sign up by the record player but I am debating that. Maybe a coat rack instead. Just have to move things around and see how it looks to me. Also might alter the design of the table cloths a bit as well. I just get very particular about things and it ends up taking me forever to design stuff in the game. :p

My Astrid informs me that she's leaving.

I seem to recall someone here wanting her.

She is a snooty white kangaroo painted with stars.

Phil, Hazel, Peewee, and Drift will all be coming out of my TT town at some point if you want any of them. If you remind me in a couple days, I might have some others I can offer.

Keep me in mind for Hazel?

Finally have a full room of Rococo furniture. Working on Sleek and Minimalist, and then maybe Modern Wood. The former thankfully are popular in my HHA Showcase but the later, and some of the others I want, not so much. Might have to ask a kind GAFer to help me catalog them.

Edit: Oh man, I seem to recall liking Hazel a lot from my GameCube days. I should make a list of dream villagers and start assembling then at some point.

If I'm not mistaken, Perfect apples with premium in an apple town is 1200. Perfect apples WITHOUT premium in a non-apple town is 3000 (it becomes 6000 with a premium).

I'm not sure you'll get a lot of taker, unfortunately.
Whoops, had no idea the difference was so big. Sorry all!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'm letting Fauna loose on the 7th if anyone is interested. If she hadn't built her house directly on top of mine, destroying several lovely hybrids I would keep her, but no dice.

Koomaster

Here's the Cyrus thing I was talking about...

tumblr_msml2bQSYh1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

First Pic: 7:25pm Cyrus not working.

tumblr_msml3afTRX1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Second Pic: 7:26pm Hey, take this chair and do something with it please!

tumblr_msml4c8l171swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Last Pic: 7:52pm Whoa, it's a refurbed chair in only 26 minutes. Good job Cyrus!

Elija2

Taking the #dirtpath plunge. Elija's town looked so good the other day.

Agreed. Elija's town is one of the nicest I've seen here. #teamdirt

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

I went to some random dream towns the other day and it's so weird seeing a town with no paths (both pattern and natural). I'm so used to traveling on strict paths that it's kinda liberating to be able to run around wherever I want.

ramyeon

Is there a limit to places a villager can move? I'm resetting to get Zucker's house placed well and he keeps wanting to go into the same places again and again :/

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That'd be awesome for both. One for lucky and one for Ankha. The huge baby bear in Ankhas house isn't cutting it. And I still haven't gotten to see your Ankha shrine. :p

I got these in, so let me know at some point tonight if you want to grab them.

Is there a limit to places a villager can move? I'm resetting to get Zucker's house placed well and he keeps wanting to go into the same places again and again :/

No, not as long as there isn't something in the way like a PWP. They do tend to prefer certain areas over others though: higher percentage spots, I guess.

Ah I see! I'm on the main title screen now and it's following Rosie but I can see his lot in a good spot! If I continue my game will it still be in this spot? I noticed when you start a new game what was shown on the title screen can change (I've seen campers on the title screen before, started a new game and there was none for example).

I honestly don't know. I'm guessing no since the initial save as your mayor doesn't take place until after that with Isabelle. If you've seen it change in the past, I would keep resetting.

ramyeon

No, not as long as there isn't something in the way like a PWP. They do tend to prefer certain areas over others though: higher percentage spots, I guess.
Ah I see! I'm on the main title screen now and it's following Rosie but I can see his lot in a good spot! If I continue my game will it still be in this spot? I noticed when you start a new game what was shown on the title screen can change (I've seen campers on the title screen before, started a new game and there was none for example).

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few things that I need. I'm willing to pay (hopefully not a ridiculous price) or trade.

My museum is only missing one fossil. The damn right wing of the pterodactyl. (I've gotten the left wing like 6 times.)

My Modern set is missing the Wallpaper and the Cabinet.

My Green set is missing Bed, Bench, Cabinet, Desk, Lamp, Wall Clock and Floor.

Any of those would be greatly appreciated!

I have a full Robo set and majority of Rococo set if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom