• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
No rain for ages in real life and in my game.

Wake up to see it's raining outside for the first time in ages. Open my game and it's also raining.

SPOOOOOOOKY!

Ah damn, so it'll be a while before I get the Emporium. Oh well, more excuse to play more often I guess!

When Brewster says he doesn't need any help right now, what's a good time to come back, or is it random?
You can't work at the cafe after 11PM, or when there is an event going on in town.

Also, about the coffee beans, the best way to make use of them is to put them up for sale at Re-Tail for 4x their sale value, minus one bell. (Ex. The best beans sell for 2,000 regular, so put them up for 7,999.) Villagers will ALWAYS buy them at this price, and the beans won't clutter up their house or get pawned off on you. (They don't get stored in their inventory.)

Ooh I've put a few things up on Retail that have gotten sold so I will try with the coffee beans. Also, got Gracie AND Phineas today! :D Tomorrow will be a Pete day for sure...

Chopper

Ooh I've put a few things up on Retail that have gotten sold so I will try with the coffee beans. Also, got Gracie AND Phineas today! :D Tomorrow will be a Pete day for sure...
Today's another Pete day for me. Had him yesterday too, although I did also see Phineas, Katie and Pascal.

Koren

Also, about the coffee beans, the best way to make use of them is to put them up for sale at Re-Tail for 4x their sale value, minus one bell. (Ex. The best beans sell for 2,000 regular, so put them up for 7,999.) Villagers will ALWAYS buy them at this price
This pricing scheme works for all items at Re-Tail, btw, for those who don't know.

That's because Re-Tail default price is 25% of full price (The price for new best coffee bees would be 8000 if you could buy them). So as long as you're under 4x the price suggested by the Re-Tail, you're actually under the price for a new similar product, and animals see those as "interesting price", and they'll never complain about the item being expensive.

If you go over 4x, they'll begin to complain, but they'll sometimes still buy it. I have an hypothesis I still have to check, the probability for them to buy a product for which they have a "!!!" *MAY* be something like

P = 100 * (2 - price / normal_price)

or, equivalent,

P = 25 * (8 - price / ReTail_price)

If it's over 100 -> garanteed and no complains. Under 100 -> % of success.

But take it with a grain of salt, I'm usually using the (4x-1) pricing now so that they never refuse, so I still have to check whether it's really working like that.

That being said, they seems to never buy anything above 10000, even under bell bloom (which change the base price of items)

Oxx

It's a shame that turnips/island stuff has ruined the bell economy.

'Dad' sent me 10k in the post, and it's like 'Whatever Dad, the Post Office gave me 10x that in interest last week'.

MicH

THANK YOU CYRUS!

My. Three last golden ores gave me the last piece I needed - the damn elusive golden woman. Yessss!

I have a lot of spares up for grabs (free) to those who want them. I'll post later

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'd probably just want to catalogue them. Don't see myself using them myself to the point I could even bring over the three bits I have to throw into the giveaway pile.

Yes, I am aware I'm basically giving away a lot of chances to profit.

Chopper

THANK YOU CYRUS!

My. Three last golden ores gave me the last piece I needed - the damn elusive golden woman. Yessss!

I have a lot of spares up for grabs (free) to those who want them. I'll post later
Awesome. I could do with a few bits. I keep getting walls. :/

Philia

THANK YOU CYRUS!

Nice! Like BGBW, I just want to catalog them and so does my husband. We can now pawn off ores lol. :D

But yeah, my first gold furniture was the golden man and I wasn't overly impressed with it and decided against making the set because of it. Its just soooo GAUDY.

Koren

Aw man, I said I wanted to do it myself but... tempting :p
I fully undestand... I hesitated myself before exchanging fossils. I decided I would already get Nintendo items, Gulliver items, flowers, bugs, fishes, etc. on my own, so I could as well share art, fossils and item sets.

It's as you wish. I'll keep them, so you don't have to decide now. I wouldn't want you to regret it later.

I have to go to work in a little bit, if you're around later on tonight I might take you up on that.
When you want, and as I said, it can be in a week or two, even more, if you prefer... PM me if you don't see me in the forum or online (I've added you, just in case)...

Koren

But yeah, my first gold furniture was the golden man and I wasn't overly impressed with it and decided against making the set because of it. Its just soooo GAUDY.
This... And I'd rather keep the golden ores to customize the cabana set. I don't remember who posted some pictures of it, but it seemed quite nice, on screenshots at least.

MicH

Awesome. I could do with a few bits. I keep getting walls. :/
I got three floors and two walls :/ EXTRA

I'll put them out for catalog purposes later today. I couldn't have done this without Philia and her husbsnd's generous donations :D Thanks you two :D

Nope, but I don't know if I will be able to play online the 11th (I have to go visit some relatives), I will let you know if I can :)

Okay, thank you. :) It's kind of a long shot since I'd have to keep my wifi off for about 5 days to avoid a random but I'd appreciate you keeping me in mind.

Philia

I got three floors and two walls :/ EXTRA

I'll put them out for catalog purposes later today. I couldn't have done this without Philia and her husbsnd's generous donations :D Thanks you two :D

:D :D :D No problem, those gold ores weren't going to be used. He'd probably just sell them. I'm interested in customizing the cabana set though. But like my husband, I can't be assed to farm medals for the set lol.

One day when I'm bored and want to do some touring... I'll pick up the cabana set. :3

Anyway, two of my pink roses spawned a red rose, is it a red* one?

It is indeed second gen (its parent) but it won't help you get a blue because there's no orange or purple in its genetic make up.

No Mira in my town through visit contamination. :(

Keeping up hope for an uchi character before I get a random move in.

Damn. :\

Keeping up hope for an uchi character before I get a random move in.

I'll be TTing later today. If you don't want Hazel, I can try to find another uchi through cycling or the campsite. I couldn't offer Mira but some of the nicer ones like Deirdre and Fuschia haven't been through there yet.

Linius

It's a shame that turnips/island stuff has ruined the bell economy.

'Dad' sent me 10k in the post, and it's like 'Whatever Dad, the Post Office gave me 10x that in interest last week'.

No way man, what really ruined the economy is duping. But the island or turnip trading is something you'll need. Have you ever seen the prices of Gracies stuff? If you want to comfortably build PWPs, expand your house and buy stuff (also trading) you will need a lot of bells. And if it would take ages they make some dough people would get tired of it pretty soon.

MicH

That was weird. Phoebe sent me a pink rose today. Totally out of the blue. She wrote about how she took care of it and that it finally bloomed and she wanted me to have it. Awwww Phoebe

Frost_Ace

Okay, thank you. :) It's kind of a long shot since I'd have to keep my wifi off for about 5 days to avoid a random but I'd appreciate you keeping me in mind.
no problem :)

It is indeed second gen (its parent) but it won't help you get a blue because there's no orange or purple in its genetic make up.
aww it suck having just one purple rose and zero orange roses. :(

Anyway, can I drop off Katie to someone?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
GEEEEE Whitney is wearing the Isabelle shirt Galactic Fork designed. She's so stylish!

Wooo! They listened to the order I left on your board!

And I got one of my villagers moving out if you still have O'Hare.

And does anybody want skye?
GWKLf7U.png

She's a Normal blue wolf.

She's going any minute now.

MicH

Wooo! They listened to the order I left on your board!

And I got one of my villagers moving out if you still have O'Hare.

And does anybody want skye?
GWKLf7U.png

She's a Normal blue wolf.

She's going any minute now.
Yeah, only Whitney though. Marshal is still wearing that ugly default orange design that is NO LONGER THERE.

I still have O'Hare. When should I try and get him ready?

I think bluepolicebox wanted Skye. Not sure if she got her already or changed her mind though

Koren

Aw, you need my gardening service! :) Wish I can help you right now though, I'm still alt resetting Gala's house.
Speaking of gardening consulting... when you try to produce blue roses, can you do anything else than planting red* roses in a crisscrossed pattern and watering them (and only them) daily? Beside crossing fingers, I mean...

Does the soil (sand/earth) make a difference? I'm thinking about relocating at least one of my red* patch inside the town... If a new red rose appear in the middle of the patch, I don't mind trashing it in case it's a normal red put there by a villager, given how many red* I have now.

I hope that when you get the first blue rose, it helps you getting others...

Galactic Fork

Yeah, only Whitney though. Marshal is still wearing that ugly default orange design that is NO LONGER THERE.

I still have O'Hare. When should I try and get him ready?

I think bluepolicebox wanted Skye. Not sure if she got her already or changed her mind though

Well, since bluepolicebox doesn't need her, anytime that's good for you is fine for me. And anybody who wants her will have until you're ready with O'Hare to get her.

Keep in mind people, even BEARS are afraid of her!
EXSvQ0c.jpg

OYPi8wS.jpg

8Rnxm4a.jpg

See?

Koren

I caught a Salmon but no King Salmon. Is there a trick?
I don't think so, but remember to wear your daily lucky item (Katrina or Lovely phone to know which one). I probably helps a lot.

Strangely, I caught four king salmons before even seeing a normal one ^_^

MicH

Well, since bluepolicebox doesn't need her, anytime that's good for you is fine for me. And anybody who wants her will have until you're ready with O'Hare to get her.

Keep in mind people, even BEARS are afraid of her!
EXSvQ0c.jpg

OYPi8wS.jpg

8Rnxm4a.jpg

See?
Lmao. That's hilarious

Gonna try and get my PWP suggestion for today right now and try to get O'Hare out. I'll let you know when I'm ready

Galactic Fork

The first half dozen times, yes... After that...

I keeps getting this line, although the villager suggest that it might have been a "teddy" bear.

I've never seen the bear wrestling one before. I have had Paula asking about keeping bears as pets, and if they bite.

Galactic Fork

Paula is so ugly. She reminds me of those 80s women who goes out to the gym and fail miserably.

Her house is RIGHT next to mine. And she has never once asked to move out... I hate her so much.

I dislike all the bear design. Except maybe Groucho, but he gets a pass because Cranky types that look like crotchety old men are all sorts of awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom