• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pumpkin Pie was a Best Buy DLC. There's a slim chance it gets to Europe eventually but as of yet we know nothing. Our Shaved Ice Lamp was a Game Mania DLC btw, it came by mail for US players. We only got the Suitcase trough the mail on that same day US players got their lamp. US players got the suitcase trough Best Buy DLC.

You pay 10K once. And what SSID trick did you try?
Renaming my wireless network to Nintendo Zone, I think. Saw it on Nintendo Life a while back. Nothing happened.

Renaming my wireless network to Nintendo Zone, I think. Saw it on Nintendo Life a while back. Nothing happened.

Your SSID should be "attwifi" and you might need to turn your wireless security off.

I keep my security on and I can download the items fine, but people always suggest you turn it off.

EDIT

I might be wrong; I live in the UK so I only remember my SSID.

Linius

Well since you have a US 3DS you should rename your SSID to "Bestbuy". Just like that, it's caps sensitive. And of course make sure you change the connection setting in your 3DS too. And no password on the connection.

If you do that now or tomorrow you can still get an Afternoon Tea-Set. After that you'll get the Slushie Machine for two weeks.

Okay, I'm rearranging the beach, and it looks like a lot more things can be put on it. :) Will see what I can put more on it. All of the unorderables are on it (also the golden set already, but still missing two pieces).

Cyrus is working on another golden piece and I'm missing one golden ore to make another piece of gold furniture. Hope the piece he's working on is a golden man or a golden woman (only pieces I'm missing to complete the set). Then when i get another golden ore, maybe I get the other missing piece and the golden set is complete.

So can anyone spare just one golden ore? :)

Oh, and there is still a meteor shower going on in my town, if no one notices the previous post... :)

Koomaster

If anyone is looking for fall decorating ideas...

tumblr_msq3syvwaF1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

The fall leaf tee on polka furniture colored 'cola brown' looks to be in season.

Decided to move on from Peewee's house (he hates all the furniture I send him :( ) and started with Deirdre's house today. Sent her this bed to see how it would look with the wall paper and flooring. I am liking the look so now I am customizing four more pieces for her with Cyrus so I can mail them off tonight. :)

Linius

tumblr_msq3syvwaF1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

The fall leaf tee on polka furniture colored 'cola brown' looks to be in season.

Decided to move on from Peewee's house (he hates all the furniture I send him :( ) and started with Deirdre's house today. Sent her this bed to see how it would look with the wall paper and flooring. I am liking the look so now I am customizing four more pieces for her with Cyrus so I can mail them off tonight. :)

I like that wallpaper. I bet it's a Saharah one?

Elija2

If I have the Beautiful Town ordinance, do I still need to water my flowers every day if I want the grass underneath them to grow?

I like when you have your town open for a while and you watch the clouds roll in over the hours. I'll be shocked if it doesn't rain next.

Koomaster

Yep. Its a bitch to get. I have the autumn flooring and its lovely!
Sahara must not like me. The last few times she has visited she has given me junky wallpaper/carpet. Not even anything remotely nice. Like a dirt clod wall and common floor is the last makeover she gave me. :/

It's like she comes to my town is all; 'Oh, this guy, ugh, let's see what I have gathering dust in the bottom of my bag.'

v___v,

Linius

I like when you have your town open for a while and you watch the clouds roll in over the hours. I'll be shocked if it doesn't rain next.

I've seen my town transitioning from sunny weather to a freaking thunderstorm in like 30 minutes before the summer season started. It's was quite a scary thing to witness :p

Philia

Alright, I guess I like consistency more than aesthetics.

I have 21 pink hydrangeas if anyone want them instead of their white azaleas.

If I have the Beautiful Town ordinance, do I still need to water my flowers every day if I want the grass underneath them to grow?

Nope. Grass will restore itself within time anyway. Plant flowers there to prevent the notation of being walked on I suppose.

Sahara must not like me. The last few times she has visited she has given me junky wallpaper/carpet. Not even anything remotely nice. Like a dirt clod wall and common floor is the last makeover she gave me. :/

It's like she comes to my town is all; 'Oh, this guy, ugh, let's see what I have gathering dust in the bottom of my bag.'

v___v,

Dawwww. That's what reset button and alts are for. So you have more chances of getting a good set.

Koomaster

I love when you can just tell it's going to rain sometime today. It's like; oh yeah, I know those clouds, rain is coming.

I feel this game has the best weather system and patterns out of the entire series so far. I know that sounds weird to say, but it honestly feels more realistic.

I think it was wild world maybe that had the totally erratic weather. Like totally sunny and then as soon as the hour hit boom rain in your face. GC probably did the same, but you couldn't see the sky in that game so it wasn't as jarring.

Philia

Yall know that you will always have sunny days every time you create a new save file right? :3 If you do this everyday after deleting their houses, you'll always have sunny days. :D

Linius

Yall know that you will always have sunny days every time you create a new save file right? :3 If you do this everyday after deleting their houses, you'll always have sunny days. :D

Haha, that's amazing. I'll remember when I get tired of rain every day :p

MicH

I love rain in Animal Crossing. Especially thunderstorms. I do love rain in real life too, so that's probably why (as long as I'm not out in it lol)

Linius

I love rain in Animal Crossing. Especially thunderstorms. I do love rain in real life too, so that's probably why (as long as I'm not out in it lol)

Well if you live in The Netherlands (or the UK for that matter) you're not so fond of rain anymore.

Koomaster

Also I think when neighbors run up and ask you how you are feeling; if you say you are very sad - whenever you select the type of weather you enjoy the most, I have found that sets the weather for at least the next week.

Maybe coincidence but both times I told Nana I was feeling down, I selected different weather and the weather changed to what I selected and stayed that way for the next week.

Also if you say you don't like a villager when they ask during that, that villager will tell you soon after they want to move. I forget the exact language but Nana asked me how I felt about Bonbon, I think the answers were Friendly, Nice, Cheerful, Pushy. I selected Pushy since Bonbon was bothering me a lot that day about selling her things I had on me. Right after I talked with Nana, Bonbon ran up saying she wanted to leave town.

There is also a favorite music answer in there but I have no idea how that affects things. Maybe what is for sale at Nooklings? Haven't really noticed.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/946f4ef6ec195b511b37dde5e2ae45a6/tumblr_msq3syvwaF1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Pretty nice. Bought this tshirt as well today. Been buying shirts with nice patterns on them now after not buying much at the beginning.

Jak140

If you guys didn't know, you can reset with saharah wallpapers and grab one with every alt too. It's a pain to have to find her over and over again though. I always do it until I can grab at least one exclusive with each alt.

Edit: oh and still looking for the dark polka skirt to finish my modern theme outfit to prepare for Gracie if anyone would be kind enough to let me catalog it.

Philia

I'll reiterate this. I'm willing to trade my 21 pink hydrangeas for your white azaleas if you got any!

I figured I'm gonna to have a consistent bush in my town and it'll be white azaleas. Not sure about pinks though. They look more red than pink and I'm not quite a fan of red.

Okay, Cyrus is done and I got another golden chair. :( So still missing an ore to make another piece of furniture and still missing the golden man and woman... :(

But at least I get a mini model of the pachysaurus. :) Still need the spino skull and torso to complete that model...

Anyone has a spare rice cake?

Elija2

Also I think when neighbors run up and ask you how you are feeling; if you say you are very sad - whenever you select the type of weather you enjoy the most, I have found that sets the weather for at least the next week.

Maybe coincidence but both times I told Nana I was feeling down, I selected different weather and the weather changed to what I selected and stayed that way for the next week.

Also if you say you don't like a villager when they ask during that, that villager will tell you soon after they want to move. I forget the exact language but Nana asked me how I felt about Bonbon, I think the answers were Friendly, Nice, Cheerful, Pushy. I selected Pushy since Bonbon was bothering me a lot that day about selling her things I had on me. Right after I talked with Nana, Bonbon ran up saying she wanted to leave town.

There is also a favorite music answer in there but I have no idea how that affects things. Maybe what is for sale at Nooklings? Haven't really noticed.

Wow, maybe the conversations in this game have more depth than any of us could have imagined.

Philia

I've sort of said "Fuck it" and had all sorts of bushes everywhere. Only get 2 a day, can't be picky if I want a decent hedgeline before 2015.

LOL. You don't island tour enough. They sell hibiscus bush starts there all year round and you can get a huge head start on bushes with those because you can keep buying them repeatedly with your medals. Granted after some time, you get sick of looking at these flowered bushes lol.

Wow, maybe the conversations in this game have more depth than any of us could have imagined.

Oh good, I thought it was just me because I've never seen that kind of convo in my town. Perhaps its the difference in translation.

Jak140

I never seem to get these unique conversations and I talk to my villagers all the time. It seems like my villagers of the same type just repeat the same conversations over and over again ad nauseum.

LOL. You don't island tour enough. They sell hibiscus bush starts there all year round and you can get a huge head start on bushes with those because you can keep buying them repeatedly with your medals. Granted after some time, you get sick of looking at these flowered bushes lol..

I really don't, the minigames bore the snot out of me when I'm on my own. Played a few with Chopper t'other morning and it was fun though.

MicH

Yeah, the hibiscus are annoying me too now, lol. Only 9 more days and then the sweet olive bushes start to get flowers though. Not that I have any of those. So annoyed that hydrangea only have flowers in less than a month. Wtf is this

Philia

Yeah, the hibiscus are annoying me too now, lol. Only 9 more days and then the sweet olive bushes start to get flowers though. Not that I have any of those. So annoyed that hydrangea only have flowers in less than a month. Wtf is this

Yeah, shame. The hydrangeas are beautiful imho. I'd go for those if I wasn't going for pink/white which the white azaleas are perfect for.

Also, after alt reseting so damn much, I realized the third bridge is becoming very likely in my town. :) I'll have to demolish my third alt's (nooo, not my bush man! :( ) house to get this bridge up. I'm just glad I have stupid amount of money to restore his house back up just fine.

Koomaster

The convo I am talking about happens when you walk around and a neighbor gets the surprised excitement to come and talk to you. Then they ask

How are you feeling these days?

There will be a sliding scale of Good all the way down to blah.

If you slide it to Blah, they will be like; 'Oh no! I have been reading a magazine that says quizzes are a good way to find out what you need to feel better, do you want to try it?'

Yes/No

If you select yes they will ask you three different questions...

1. Your favorite weather (and they list all the choices from sunny/cloudy/rainy)
2. Your favorite style of music (4 different choices like Blues, Pop, Metal)
3. They will ask you a question about how you feel about a certain neighbor. The choices will all be positive except for one and it's something like 'He tells bad jokes' or 'I don't like her hair' or 'They are pushy'.

Then the neighbor will be like; 'Oh judging by your answers the thing that you need to make you happy is X' and they will mention the name of a food or a book or something like that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wish I knew about the max number of bushes in a row much earlier. So many bushes wasted HAHA -_-;

I'm working on a few holly rows at the moment but I probably should consider some other flowers as well to cover more ground quickly.

Philia

The convo I am talking about happens when you walk around and a neighbor gets the surprised excitement to come and talk to you. Then they ask

Uh I swear Koo, that's just you, that's something I've never seen before.

If you slide it to Blah, they will be like; 'Oh no! I have been reading a magazine that says quizzes are a good way to find out what you need to feel better, do you want to try it?'

Yes/No

If you select yes they will ask you three different questions...

1. Your favorite weather (and they list all the choices from sunny/cloudy/rainy)
2. Your favorite style of music (4 different choices like Blues, Pop, Metal)
3. They will ask you a question about how you feel about a certain neighbor. The choices will all be positive except for one and it's something like 'He tells bad jokes' or 'I don't like her hair' or 'They are pushy'.

Then the neighbor will be like; 'Oh judging by your answers the thing that you need to make you happy is X' and they will mention the name of a food or a book or something like that.

Wow, never had that. Had smaller convos like "What do you think of X Villager".

Herbert Moon

Neo Member
Gracie is in my town for the first time today, and I've pieced together a "sporty" outfit for her, but I still need an accessory. Apparently I have no sporty accessories in my catalog, so I'm looking to buy any 1 of the following from you guys:

Bandage, goggles, hockey mask, snorkel mask, sporty shades, or a superhero mask.
It doesn't matter which of those you have, just name your price!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gracie is in my town for the first time today, and I've pieced together a "sporty" outfit for her, but I still need an accessory. Apparently I have no sporty accessories in my catalog, so I'm looking to buy any 1 of the following from you guys:

Bandage, goggles, hockey mask, snorkel mask, sporty shades, or a superhero mask.
It doesn't matter which of those you have, just name your price!
You don't need a full outft to pass. I got through one with two items.

Just make sure not to wear an accessory from a theme that will fail you:
http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/gracie-fashion-check/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom