• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

Uh I swear Koo, that's just you, that's something I've never seen before.
Really? I feel different/strange now. Gonna have to go talk to my psychiatrist Nana and figure out what food I need to eat to get over this. :p

But yeah since I have started playing this game I have had this convo at least 3 or 4 times. Maybe they only ask around the beginning of the month as I just had this convo recently? I don't know.

I am playing the English/US version btw, so I dunno why nobody else has gotten this yet. Maybe if you select 'Happy' that's the end of the convo and they don't ask any questions?

Edit: Oh okay, Mich and Kami have had this too then. I feel better and not so different now. Will cancel my appointment with Nana. And yeah she is a 'normal' type so maybe that convo is restricted to them.

Still need one Gracie visit. :( But at least the checks were easy. Hope the last one will be an easy one too...

And no one has spare gold ores they wanna get rid of? :)

Seigyoku

Uh I swear Koo, that's just you, that's something I've never seen before.

I get those all the time. Lolly is the one who asks. And I do always answer sunny, because IRL I hate rain (kills my joints, ruins my hair...)

Hmm, next time she asks I may have to switch things up.

Philia

Really? I feel different/strange now. Gonna have to go talk to my psychiatrist Nana and figure out what food I need to eat to get over this. :p

No no, Kami and Mich pointed it out for me. I don't talk to my normals enough lol. I've just only begun to amass a lot of normals in my town. :)

I get those all the time. Lolly is the one who asks.

Hmm, next time she asks I may have to switch things up.

Yeah, Lolly's a normal too. I'd like her in my town too. :)

WHAT ARE PWPS

tumblr_mq169re8O21rnym4ho1_400.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Really? I just talked to her with a sporty shirt, shoes, and pants, and she told me the only rule was that I needed shoes and an accessory.
When I say I passed with two items I mean only two of the items I was wearing were part of the theme, the rest were from other themes. You still need to wear something for each slot apart from socks. So for sporty avoid anything official.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
PWP (Pers' Wastaiset Produktiot) is a Finnish demogroup founded in 1994. Having originally concentrated on humorous games and storyline-based text mode demos on the low-end PC's, PWP is now one of the leading demogroups on the Commodore VIC-20.
The VIC-20 demos by PWP have been well received by the demomaking community due to their technological excellence and the unusual and entertaining style reminiscent of the older PC-based works. Many of the demos have won competitions at well-respected demo parties such as the Assembly and the Alternative Party, often while competing against productions written for far more powerful platforms such as the PC and the Amiga. The single-load demo Robotic Warrior has also been the first 8-bit demo ever nominated in the Scene.org Awards (Best 4K Intro, 2004).

Abbreviations can be thrown out into a bottle in the sea for all I care.
Anybody remember proto-StreetPass?
It'd be cool if as a reward for 1000 Streetpasses (or whatever) you got a message in a bottle.

Herbert Moon

Neo Member
When I say I passed with two items I mean only two of the items I was wearing were part of the theme, the rest were from other themes. You still need to wear something for each slot apart from socks. So for sporty avoid anything official.

Ah, I understand. Thanks for clearing that up.

Linius

Yes! Once upon a time, in ACNL chat, we all watched this together. It was glorious, memorable and sweet. :3

y29anZF.gif

Yes and yes.

Before the game was released a lot of us watched the movie together and it was glorious

Will watch it. Gonna drop a small review in movie gaf by the time, see what they have to say about people watching Animal Crossing the movie :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I imagine all the different hairstyles/accesories/hats ruin the possibility :p
I suppose they could make it la mix of the mannequin and the photobooth. So you select the outfit you want to statue to wear (but you get to keep the clothes) however you have to pay to change it and they can make it quite a hefty price to change. Since it would be gold, silver or rock they could probably not bother with the textures of your outfit so they'd only need to know if it's a shirt, tshirt or tank etc. And like many things in New Leaf, the changes only take effect the next day.

Elija2

The convo I am talking about happens when you walk around and a neighbor gets the surprised excitement to come and talk to you. Then they ask

How are you feeling these days?

There will be a sliding scale of Good all the way down to blah.

If you slide it to Blah, they will be like; 'Oh no! I have been reading a magazine that says quizzes are a good way to find out what you need to feel better, do you want to try it?'

Yes/No

If you select yes they will ask you three different questions...

1. Your favorite weather (and they list all the choices from sunny/cloudy/rainy)
2. Your favorite style of music (4 different choices like Blues, Pop, Metal)
3. They will ask you a question about how you feel about a certain neighbor. The choices will all be positive except for one and it's something like 'He tells bad jokes' or 'I don't like her hair' or 'They are pushy'.

Then the neighbor will be like; 'Oh judging by your answers the thing that you need to make you happy is X' and they will mention the name of a food or a book or something like that.

I've had Tia (my normal villager) ask me how I'm feeling before, but I always tell her I'm feeling good so I never got that quiz. I have gotten different quizzes from her before, but I don't know if they've affected anything.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

But yeah since I have started playing this game I have had this convo at least 3 or 4 times. Maybe they only ask around the beginning of the month as I just had this convo recently? I don't know.

I am playing the English/US version btw, so I dunno why nobody else has gotten this yet. Maybe if you select 'Happy' that's the end of the convo and they don't ask any questions?

Edit: Oh okay, Mich and Kami have had this too then. I feel better and not so different now. Will cancel my appointment with Nana. And yeah she is a 'normal' type so maybe that convo is restricted to them.

I get that one a lot too with Flurry and Rhonda. I've never really noticed whether it actually affects anything, though I haven't really paid attention. I'm going to go with coincidence though ^_^ they ask me the questions though regardless of where my slider is, though I haven't selected "bad"

Koomaster

I suppose they could make it la mix of the mannequin and the photobooth. So you select the outfit you want to statue to wear (but you get to keep the clothes) however you have to pay to change it and they can make it quite a hefty price to change. Since it would be gold, silver or rock they could probably not bother with the textures of your outfit so they'd only need to know if it's a shirt, tshirt or tank etc. And like many things in New Leaf, the changes only take effect the next day.
Could you imagine them making a statue out of a photobooth picture? This needs to be in the next game. Mayoral swag statues all over the town!

Also I just imagine they would make it like any PWP. You pay for it and if you want it changed/moved you can pay to tear it down and pay to build it again if you want a different photobooth picture used.

Man thinking on it, this is a missed opportunity. Of course the town needs a statue of their mayor!

Koomaster

I get that one a lot too with Flurry and Rhonda. I've never really noticed whether it actually affects anything, though I haven't really paid attention. I'm going to go with coincidence though ^_^ they ask me the questions though regardless of where my slider is, though I haven't selected "bad"
Perhaps coincidence. I just remember the first time I got it was during the rainy season and I was like 'Sunshine, I love sunshine!!!' and it was sunny for about a week before it went back to raining. This last one tho I told her I like rain and it has been raining every day since then.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wonder if they could patch in downloadable PWPs. Nothing complicated like the statue idea, just a basic model.

Actually I wonder what they are able to patch in with the update option. Now the game is out everywhere maybe they could work on new content.

I wonder if they could patch in downloadable PWPs. Nothing complicated like the statue idea, just a basic model.

Actually I wonder what they are able to patch in with the update option. Now the game is out everywhere maybe they could work on new content.

I see no reason why not. The only problem is visiting people's towns who had patches you did not, though "Oh dear, that town is a newer version than yours, you need to update the game!" from Porter would be fine.

Linius

Yeah, I brought that up as well recently. I really hope they keep this game alive by adding more stuff as we go. Instead of just some furniture DLCs.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Perhaps coincidence. I just remember the first time I got it was during the rainy season and I was like 'Sunshine, I love sunshine!!!' and it was sunny for about a week before it went back to raining. This last one tho I told her I like rain and it has been raining every day since then.

Hmm weird. I always pick cloudy but haven't noticed anything...it rained today though, and I'm sure I got that quiz yesterday (since I get it just about everyday -_-)

Whelp, that's gone terribly. Finally got my first black rose the other day. Went to water it today, had accidentally switched to shovel. I no longer have a black rose. :<

Feeling gutted. Now to wait even longer for another one, never mind a blue one.

Philia

Whelp, that's gone terribly. Finally got my first black rose the other day. Went to water it today, had accidentally switched to shovel. I no longer have a black rose. :<

Feeling gutted. Now to wait even longer for another one, never mind a blue one.

Aw. If you don't mind getting them, I can give you my two blacks and two blues. Otherwise you sound like you need my gardening service. :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Also looking at the list of City Folk DLC it's interesting to see that later of they added items to some sets.

Any furniture sets that you'd like to see another item added to it?

I think a bed-bench would be a cool item for the alpine series. It could have a cushion like the chair rather than a draped material like the soda and have two states. State one is a bench to sit on and when interacted with the lid can open up and you can lie in it like a bed.

cEOSPg5m.jpg

Philia

Also looking at the list of City Folk DLC it's interesting to see that later of they added items to some sets.

Any furniture sets that you'd like to see another item added to it?

I think a bed-bench would be a cool item for the alpine series. It could have a cushion like the chair rather than a draped material like the soda and have two states. State one is a bench to sit on and when interacted with the lid can open up and you can lie in it like a bed.

cEOSPg5m.jpg

Now that's... the coolest old school piece of wooden furniture I've seen. I'm all for retro smart wood furniture. Something about ingenuity during the time period and making it doubly useful. I'd love this polished and add my own custom fabric to it in real life. :3

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Now that's... the coolest old school piece of wooden furniture I've seen. I'm all for retro smart wood furniture. Something about ingenuity during the time period and making it doubly useful. I'd love this polished and add my own custom fabric to it in real life. :3
Basically I wondered why the set had both a bed and a kitchen cart. What kind of room were they visualising with those kind of items. ThenI learnt that in the Japanese version the set is actually called Scandinavian series. I remembered that old houses in Sweden used to basically be one long room so everyone slept in the "kitchen". Bed-benches are quite a common Sweden antique and I once had to sleep in one when I visited a relative many years ago.

Linius

The evolution of Animal Crossing: New Leaf Excitement

"Oh my god, a villager moved into my town!"
"Oh my god, a villager gave me their pic!"
"Oh my god, a villager asked me how I'm feeling!"

"Oh my god, I caught a scorpion/tarantula!"

/thread

Linius

Oh man, that Nintendogs DLC is supercool. Love to have those.

Honestly, how cool would it be if you could have pet like in Habbo Hotel. Just a dog or cat walking around your house. I'd love that.

Aw. If you don't mind getting them, I can give you my two blacks and two blues. Otherwise you sound like you need my gardening service. :)
That's so nice! :) Yeah, I'd be willing to stop by. I'll PM you my FC. It'd be cool to see your village. As for the gardening service, do tell.

On the plus side, I finally got the tree big enough to get my town history!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom