• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Oh man, that Nintendogs DLC is supercool. Love to have those.

Honestly, how cool would it be if you could have pet like in Habbo Hotel. Just a dog or cat walking around your house. I'd love that.
Omg Habbo Hotel. THE MEMORIES

I used to LOVE Habbo Hotel. MANN

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You forgot the old "I caught a shark!" period.

congratsontheshark.jpg

Koomaster

Any furniture sets that you'd like to see another item added to it?
Kinda irks me that sets don't all have the same furniture. Like the polka series has a polka tv, but there is no cabin tv or alpine television.

Aside from that, I would like to see extra pieces to the smaller furniture sets. Like the fruit set should have more pieces. Or just split all the fruit into their own series. I would love an apple themed kitchen or something.

Edit: Oh man, what have I started with the neighbors asking how you are feeling thing? Haha. Now everyone's neighbors will begin to ask. :p

Elija2

Oh man, that Nintendogs DLC is supercool. Love to have those.

Honestly, how cool would it be if you could have pet like in Habbo Hotel. Just a dog or cat walking around your house. I'd love that.

I already have a couple of cats wandering around my town.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Aside from that, I would like to see extra pieces to the smaller furniture sets. Like the fruit set should have more pieces. Or just split all the fruit into their own series. I would love an apple themed kitchen or something.
Yeah, bit sad the patchwork set consists of only five items.

Philia

You just as well customize your alpine furnishings with the apple designs. :) But yeah, I agree on the fruit theme needs more kitchen wares.

That's so nice! :) Yeah, I'd be willing to stop by. I'll PM you my FC. It'd be cool to see your village. As for the gardening service, do tell.

On the plus side, I finally got the tree big enough to get my town history!

I've pmed you my FC. :) I'll invite you to my town first and let you see my work. :) Just be prepared to be overwhelmed lol.

------------------

As an aside, my husband's town is overflowing with orange flowers. I'm not a fan of these flowers and they really don't have a place in my town.

If anyone need any for legit black cosmos/lilies or purple tulips spawns, let me know. I have a few blue pansies as well.

I'm kind of disappointed with how villagers act when they're packed up. I wanted to spend a bit of time with Kevin before he left but he just says the same two lines over and over again. It'd be nice if he had a bit more to say--maybe even show me a letter or two. I wanted to reminisce. :(

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm kind of disappointed with how villagers act when they're packed up. I wanted to spend a bit of time with Kevin before he left but he just says the same two lines over and over again. It'd be nice if he had a bit more to say--maybe even show me a letter or two. I wanted to reminisce. :(

Yeah, I agree :(

I've pmed you my FC. :) I'll invite you to my town first and let you see my work. :) Just be prepared to be overwhelmed lol.
I've added you. Let me know when your gates are open and you're ready.

Compared to the towns I see here, mine is basically a barren wasteland. I feel like people are painting Vermeers and Rembrandts and I'm finger painting in the corner and eating the paste.

Philia

Compared to the towns I see here, mine is basically a barren wasteland. I feel like people are painting Vermeers and Rembrandts and I'm dinner painting and eating the paste.

LOL, don't worry, I won't judge... too harshly. ;)

My gates open! :)

Linius

Compared to the towns I see here, mine is basically a barren wasteland. I feel like people are painting Vermeers and Rembrandts and I'm finger painting in the corner and eating the paste.

Very nice you call two great Dutch painters. We're good at something :D

Plot twist, you're Dutch

LOL, don't worry, I won't judge... too harshly. ;)

My gates open! :)

Don't believe her lies :p

Niraj

Mine is literally a wasteland so don't feel bad. A heap of broken images where the sun beats.

Philia

ab.aeterno and I just caught Flurry spying inside Marshal's house through his doorway for a good solid 2 minutes. It was hilarious and I could only wonder if she wanted to hook up with him. xD

Niraj

ab.aeterno and I just caught Flurry spying inside Marshal's house through his doorway for a good solid 2 minutes. It was hilarious and I could only wonder if she wanted to hook up with him. xD

Besmirching pure Flurry's snow white reputation...how dare you :mad:

Philia

Besmirching pure Flurry's snow white reputation...how dare you :mad:

Lmao! If there any SMUG villager and any white male villager with her size I'd like Flurry to hook up with, its Marshal. xD Imagine all the cutest white squirrel/hamster half breeds running around. I'd be squeeing all over.

suzu

New thread topic: ACNL shipping wars. :p

---

In other news, I reset once and got Cheri at the campsite! Scratch 1 dream villager off the list.

Also Queenie moved out. Woo-hoo~

Niraj

Lmao! If there any SMUG villager and any white male villager with her size I'd like Flurry to hook up with, its Marshal. xD Imagine all the cutest white squirrel/hamster half breeds running around. I'd be squeeing all over.

Why he gotta be white though

New thread topic: ACNL shipping wars. :p

Get out lol

congrats on your double gain :)

suzu

Get out lol

congrats on your double gain :)

Muffy x Niraj

Beats me, she's the one who's checking him out lmao.

Suzu, you got another copy?

Nah, just made an alt character.

I was surprised it only took one reset to get an awesome villager! I usually get pigs and birds as campers...

All that talk in the thread about spending hours resetting for house placement scares me. lol. The only other villager I've invited to move in was Static, and he got it right on the first try.

Edit: Oh wait, there was Hamlet too... but I didn't know about the trick then.

Philia

All that talk in the thread about spending hours resetting for house placement scares me. lol. The only other villager I've invited to move in was Static, and he got it right on the first try.

LOL, don't you worry about that. I'm very very very strict about my placement. :) I'm all for tediousness and hard hours into my game. :3 I mean... really... Let me show you my new map of my current villager placement. :)

The two houses that's to the left of the town hall (dark red building in the center south) were the ones that I definitely spent hours on. I certainly hope to get two more houses to the left of them too.

Passed my third Gracie Fashion Check, traded some art, and got the final lazy PWP request today. :)

Also, both Octavian and Wolfgang told me recently that they are the "Shadow Mayor". Now I can't stop thinking about them as leaders of rival underground syndicates.

suzu

LOL, don't you worry about that. I'm very very very strict about my placement. :) I'm all for tediousness and hard hours into my game. :3 I mean... really... Let me show you my new map of my current villager placement. :)

The two houses that's to the left of the town hall (dark red building in the center south) were the ones that I definitely spent hours on. I certainly hope to get two more houses to the left of them too.

Maaaan, your town's layout and villager placements are awesome. :D

Also, both Octavian and Wolfgang told me recently that they are the "Shadow Mayor". Now I can't stop thinking about them as leaders of rival underground syndicates.

I can totally see that, haha.

Philia

Maaaan, your town's layout and villager placements are awesome. :D

Thank you! :D Just so that you understand those hours were pretty insane because I'm legit insane. xD

Hrm, are there any PWPs that are signs you can add text to? Like labeling an area of your island?

Yeah, the standee you can customize into anything... and I've seen signs customized too. Its been a while since I've seen a sign that was custom.

OH yeah! Koomaster's. He got his signs customized. :3 He'll tell you.

LadyRiven

Gracie has only shown up in my town once so far. ;u; I really want my Emporium! But I have to wait for 3 more fashion checks... so it'll take forever.

How to you convince camping folks to move into your town? I played a bunch of games with this cat character because I really want a cat in my town, but in the end when I asked her to move to my town she was just like "thanks but no thanks!" ... that was the first time in quite awhile that a camper has shown up in my town, too. ><

Philia

How to you convince camping folks to move into your town? I played a bunch of games with this cat character because I really want a cat in my town, but in the end when I asked her to move to my town she was just like "thanks but no thanks!" ... that was the first time in quite awhile that a camper has shown up in my town, too. ><

Were you full? You can invite a camper to stay in your town when you have less than 10 villagers.

Keep trying and empty your pockets of all bells/items to speed up the process. It can take awhile.

ramyeon

Gracie has only shown up in my town once so far. ;u; I really want my Emporium! But I have to wait for 3 more fashion checks... so it'll take forever.

They almost always refuse the first few times for me, I've only had a camper agree on the first try once. Just keep talking to them, you don't have to play the games.

Koomaster

OH yeah! Koomaster's. He got his signs customized. :3 He'll tell you.
Yeah the custom design sign, it is available from the beginning so you don't have to wait for a villager to request it.

The good thing about the sign (and the standee) is that you can display a design and then store the design with the Abel Sisters. You don't need to carry the design around like you have to with designs you use for making paths or custom furniture.

Here are my current signs; pardon the lighting, it's night in my town currently. Just wanted to take some quick pics for you guys...

Sign designating Dansbury's Camp Ground area...
tumblr_msqh8bbJyV1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Sign in front of The Roost...
tumblr_msqh79Hm3P1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Town's welcome sign...
tumblr_msqh67migB1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

*decides to farm PWPs tonight*
*exits Re-Tail*
*PING!*

Awesome! That was fast....

Flower. Bed.

Damn you, Celia.

*unsheathes golden axe*

There's a reason several of my villager catchphrases are "eat mor chikin."

Philia

Here are my current signs; pardon the lighting, it's night in my town currently. Just wanted to take some quick pics for you guys...

If I haven't said so before, they're great! :D BTW, you can only have up to three signs?

Lord Helmet, dawwww, Celia was one of the normals I'd liked if I had more space.

I love Celia. I just had to make light of it. :)

I don't farm PWPs too often, but Celia has given me some of my best. She's one of my favorites along with Twiggy, Ruby and Samson. I don't think I could ever let any of them go, despite my desire for some new folks. I miss Roscoe from City Folk. I hope I get him in New Leaf one day.

LadyRiven

They almost always refuse the first few times for me, I've only had a camper agree on the first try once. Just keep talking to them, you don't have to play the games.

Oh, that's good to know, because I was getting tired of buying things from them I didn't want, haha! Thank you. :)

Ok Animal Crossing GAF, I need help. I bought this game on launch date, played a solid 30 hours in about 4 days, have no play since. I really want to play this game again, and obviously I will start a new game, but do any of you have exciting ways to make the game more fun for me? I am huge on the Animal Crossing games, but I think I suffered from burnout, so, suggestions? Any suggestions will help, thanks in advance!

Ok Animal Crossing GAF, I need help. I bought this game on launch date, played a solid 30 hours in about 4 days, have no play since. I really want to play this game again, and obviously I will start a new game, but do any of you have exciting ways to make the game more fun for me? I am huge on the Animal Crossing games, but I think I suffered from burnout, so, suggestions? Any suggestions will help, thanks in advance!

Well, what are your in-game goals? If you don't set goals for yourself you'll just flop around with no clue where to go.

Frogstep

Almost had a heart attack earlier today when my 3ds ran out of battery while the game was saving.
Thankfully no data was corrupted. Last time I try to save when I see that blinking red light.

Niraj

Almost had a heart attack earlier today when my 3ds ran out of battery while the game was saving.
Thankfully no data was corrupted. Last time I try to save when I see that blinking red light.

Daaaaaaaamn man. Glad you didn't get fucked over.

Well, what are your in-game goals? If you don't set goals for yourself you'll just flop around with no clue where to go.

That's the thing, I really don't know what I want to do goal wise. I'd love to eventually have people from here over in my town often and we just mess around in my town, but in game I honestly have no clue.

That's the thing, I really don't know what I want to do goal wise. I'd love to eventually have people from here over in my town often and we just mess around in my town, but in game I honestly have no clue.

Real person socializing, got it.

1. Unlock island. Do enough of the low level tours to be able to do all the elite level.
2. Unlock all shops. Visitors like to shop.
3. Join Club Tortimer. Island hop until you find one with toy hammers. Buy 4 and keep them in storage. Unleash hell upon visitors.
4. Recommend not trying to be an uber gardener. Visitors get careless. If you must have some flower beds, surround them almost completely with bushes so it's hard to run through accidentally.
5. Come up with some party games. Idea: scavenger hunt. Items can be wrapped or buried. First to collect goal wins a prize.
6. Build interactive public works, things people enjoy at real parties.
7. Get streetpass toys and candy.

Whether you care about which villagers you have or what your house looks like is entirely up to you.

Real person socializing, got it.

1. Unlock island. Do enough of the low level tours to be able to do all the elite level.
2. Unlock all shops. Visitors like to shop.
3. Join Club Tortimer. Island hop until you find one with toy hammers. Buy 4 and keep them in storage. Unleash hell upon visitors.
4. Recommend not trying to be an uber gardener. Visitors get careless. If you must have some flower beds, surround them almost completely with bushes so it's hard to run through accidentally.
5. Come up with some party games. Idea: scavenger hunt. Items can be wrapped or buried. First to collect goal wins a prize.
6. Build interactive public works, things people enjoy at real parties.
7. Get streetpass toys and candy.

Whether you care about which villagers you have or what your house looks like is entirely up to you.

Thanks a ton, I will start this up tomorrow while watching CFB, because Football and Animal Crossing go hand and hand, right :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom