• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Thanks a ton, I will start this up tomorrow while watching CFB, because Football and Animal Crossing go hand and hand, right :p

A friend of mine had people come in and post haikus on his bulletin board, and he rewarded the winner with something. You could do something like that, funniest post, raunchiest post, whatever :p

I'd also try to befriend people using the club tortimer island. It's always nice to meet people from other countries, or just people to get ideas for your own town.

Niraj

yeah, I still need one. Added you

Ok added you back. Would you like to come to my town, or would you rather have me drop it off? I'm fine either way.

Yeah, the worst part is that if my save data was corrupted I would not have hesitated to restart all over again. This game just has that hold on some of us.

God I would have to stop myself from spiking my 3DS lol.

Jak140

do villagers not use the greetings you give them with visitors? vesta refused to use "mareep meep" when my boyfriend talked to her.
I'm pretty sure they do use the custom catchphrases you give them with visitors, as I've had people comment on mine before. I did have a Antonio pretend not to be home when I had a visitor though, as in, my friend could go into his house and talk to him, but to me it looked like his lights were out and no one was home. And I though we were bros too.

Thanks a ton, I will start this up tomorrow while watching CFB, because Football and Animal Crossing go hand and hand, right :p

Breaking Bad/Its Always Sunny and Animal Crossing have proved good combinations, so sure. You could even make a team outfit for your player...

GOOD LORD my mailbox is shaking while the notification sound plays twice every second... What's going on?!

StayDead

Omg Habbo Hotel. THE MEMORIES

I used to LOVE Habbo Hotel. MANN

I recently tried to go back to see if all my stuff was there and I couldn't get on my account anymore. When I emailed them they claimed they couldn't talk to me about my own freakin' account so I've lost everything. T_T

Well since you have a US 3DS you should rename your SSID to "Bestbuy". Just like that, it's caps sensitive. And of course make sure you change the connection setting in your 3DS too. And no password on the connection.

If you do that now or tomorrow you can still get an Afternoon Tea-Set. After that you'll get the Slushie Machine for two weeks.
Sorry, my mistake. I did call it Bestbuy last time, but I used a password which is why it probably didn't work.

Today, I set it up called Bestbuy and didn't have a password. As soon as my 3DS connected, I got an alert saying a Nintendo Zone is available, and the folder I have the app stored in started flashing.

I opened up the app and got the following error code: 003-1105

...and the following message:
Unable to communicate with access point.

This software should be used in an area with Nintendo Zone service.

If you are unable to connect to Nintendo Zone, there may be a problem with the wireless environment. Please move closer to the access point and try again.

I can't move any closer to the access point, as I'm right next to it. I suspect that it knows I'm in the UK and therefore isn't letting Nintendo Zone services work here? Have any UK users with a North American 3DS managed to use the Nintendo Zone service successfully? If so, how?

Thanks.

EDIT:

I took another poster's advice and renamed my wireless network to _The Cloud, which seems to be the name for the European Nintendo Zone SSID. This time, I was able to connect to Nintendo Zone without any problems, I could see the options for videos, demos and Pokemon TV.

When I clicked on the Monster Hunter demo, I could see it has a PEGI 12 rating, which is the European rating system. I tried ot downkload it to see what would happen, but got error code 013-8900, details of which are here:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wf...p?error_code=013-8900&system=3DS&locale=en_US

I don't have any of those issues. I think it just doesn't want me to download a PAL demo to a US console. I tried Pokemon TV and episode 1 started streaming without any problems.

Aaaanyway, I'm not fussed about downloading these demos, am just grateful I was able to connect to Nintendo Zone. Is there anything further I need to do to get an Animal Crossing gift, or will it be posted to me? I strongly suspect it won't work because PAL Nintendo Zone will probably not be able to communicate with NTSC Animal Crossing.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry, my mistake. I did call it Bestbuy last time, but I used a password which is why it probably didn't work.

Today, I set it up called Bestbuy and didn't have a password. As soon as my 3DS connected, I got an alert saying a Nintendo Zone is available, and the folder I have the app stored in started flashing.

I can't move any closer to the access point, as I'm right next to it. I suspect that it knows I'm in the UK and therefore isn't letting Nintendo Zone services work here? Have any UK users with a North American 3DS managed to use the Nintendo Zone service successfully? If so, how?

Thanks.

As it's not an actual Nintendo Zone, do not bother with the Nintendo Zone application. Just hop into Animal Crossing and try to download a gift, and it should grab the current item in the post office.

Breaking Bad/Its Always Sunny and Animal Crossing have proved good combinations, so sure. You could even make a team outfit for your player...

GOOD LORD my mailbox is shaking while the notification sound plays twice every second... What's going on?!
I'm a fan of the Frasier/Animal Crossing combo.

Jak140

If you're doing the network ssid spoof trick, make sure that there is only one wifi signal that your 3ds can connect to, and that it is the one you renamed Bestbuy. You can leave the password on, it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that your 3ds is only connecting to a single network with the ssid "Bestbuy". For example, if you are using your cellphone to tether, make sure you disable your regular wifi connection until you are done.

Linius

Thanks.

EDIT:

I took another poster's advice and renamed my wireless network to _The Cloud, which seems to be the name for the European Nintendo Zone SSID. This time, I was able to connect to Nintendo Zone without any problems, I could see the options for videos, demos and Pokemon TV.

When I clicked on the Monster Hunter demo, I could see it has a PEGI 12 rating, which is the European rating system. I tried ot downkload it to see what would happen, but got error code 013-8900, details of which are here:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wf...p?error_code=013-8900&system=3DS&locale=en_US

I don't have any of those issues. I think it just doesn't want me to download a PAL demo to a US console. I tried Pokemon TV and episode 1 started streaming without any problems.

Aaaanyway, I'm not fussed about downloading these demos, am just grateful I was able to connect to Nintendo Zone. Is there anything further I need to do to get an Animal Crossing gift, or will it be posted to me? I strongly suspect it won't work because PAL Nintendo Zone will probably not be able to communicate with NTSC Animal Crossing.

Thanks for your help!

As it's not an actual Nintendo Zone, do not bother with the Nintendo Zone application. Just hop into Animal Crossing and try to download a gift, and it should grab the current item in the post office.

Yeah, what RPG Wizard says. The app doesn't do anything for you.

And what SSID trick you should use is solely based on the origin of your console. So if you own a Japanese 3DS you could participate with their DLC stuff from anywhere in the world. Pooka who frequented this community during the first two OT's is American and has an American 3DS but was based in Italy. She did manage to get the Bestbuy items trough the SSID trick though.

Nintendo Zone thing never worked with me. Can't for the life of me figure out how to change my SSID with the silly new router, anybody Virgin Media (UK) got it working?

Philia, I'm searching for your database, but I don't find it in the posts. Do you mind adding it to your first post of this topic? :)

Trying to see what I'm missing for now...

Philia

Been meaning to ask for that : P

It's going to be useful for aiming for 80% completion.

(Plus knowing me, I'll probably eventually aim for 100%...)

If you're good friends with Kami and had cataloged his sets, you should concentrate on dresses because that's the section I'm severely lacking despite of all else.

Means it's full. A whole 10 items waiting for you.

If you're good friends with Kami and had cataloged his sets, you should concentrate on dresses because that's the section I'm severely lacking despite of all else.

I have been to some of his cataloging sessions, but I've tried not to catalog too much. If it's out-of-season or unorderable (except DLC/regional), I generally didn't catalog.

I do try and buy clothes when I can; dresses I'll buy for my sister or my alt character : P

Just a question, is it write protected? Just want to add something in the catalogued column to see how percentage I have, and I can't write anything in it. :)

Or do I have to save as?

Edit: Nvm, got it figured out. :)

Means it's full. A whole 10 items waiting for you.

Do you still need a golden chair? And do you have a golden woman or man? :)

Roto13

Nooklings store closed for its last ever renovation (and the last time anything will be renovated or built on Main Street). Feels good.

Niraj

Finally got Gracie again today! Theme was sporty and there were enough things in the shops to let me pass, got a sweets closet from it. Now I'm wondering whether this was random, or whether it was because two days ago I ordered two moons and a king to have an over 70k purchase...I guess I'll try ordering those same things again and see if she pops up again soon or not.

Ok guys, restarted the game, I love my town's layout, now tell me what you think of my villagers

Aurora
Jitters
Tangy
Punchy (YESSS)
Limberg

Experiences with these villagers, I'm really excited to get to playing again, thanks guys!

Niraj

Ok guys, restarted the game, I love my town's layout, now tell me what you think of my villagers

Aurora
Jitters
Tangy
Punchy (YESSS)
Limberg

Experiences with these villagers, I'm really excited to get to playing again, thanks guys!

Aurora seems nice. Punchy is obviously cool. Limberg's kind of creepy lol. Tangy weirds me out too, but I'm sure you'll have fun with them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom