• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminds me, I did that in Club Tortimer once without properly checking if anybody was around.

I was tired and didn't see anybody in the waiting room so I figured I was the only person (plus it was around midnight).

I hope I was alone... I feel kinda bad. Although I wasn't around long, so not much progress would be lost (but everybody would be kicked).

I've done that before too, if that makes you feel better :p

It happens with alarming regularity.

I usually give the last person that leaves my town a boot. Fuck going to the station and all that.

I don't feel right kicking someone out without asking first. It seems a bit like opening my front door and physically booting a guest through it. Even if the train station dialogue is annoying.

Linius

It happens with alarming regularity.

I don't feel right kicking someone out without asking first. It seems a bit like opening my front door and physically booting a guest through it. Even if the train station dialogue is annoying.

It's not like I kick people out without asking :p

And when I visit people I usually tell them it's okay to give me a boot. It's just so much easier to end a quick visit that way.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm being rather anti social in Club Tortimer. Popping in, seeing no ship in a bottle on the sounter and then just going home.

Koren

Thank you guys for visiting! :D I hope you guys (Wee, Galactic Fork, Koren, Wheelhoss1, and SolidEyeSystem) enjoyed my town! :D My gates will remain open to boost my hosting count. :) I'm past 300 now but its no where close to my visiting count lol (500+).
I'll come again later when I'm less busy...

Your town is more lovely than ever. I can see why you like simple river layouts and avoid trees, it gives a sense of open space that is not common in AC towns. Houses placement helps, too.

I love the flower rainbow on the upper side of the town. That's what I'd like to do around my fountain near the entrance of my town since the beginning of the game, but I'm still missing a couple of hybrids...

And I'm eager to see the bushes in full bloom.

As for the villagers, I knew that Molly and Rosie were lovely, and I'd like to have them in my town, but I met some of them for the first time ingame... And Marshal was especially a nice surprise, it's a lovely smug.

Great work all-around...

And I jealous of your grass. Really ^_^

Linius

I'm being rather anti social in Club Tortimer. Popping in, seeing no ship in a bottle on the sounter and then just going home.

Yeah, that's how I rolled too. I don't feel the need to befriend strangers on an island. I have enough strangers on the internet as it is already :p

I always just forget to close my gates. I'll close my 3DS and come back later only to find out. I'm lucky I haven't gotten my stuff fucked up, but then again, my town is garb anyway.
I hope I don't sound weird, but I'd love to pull a harmless prank on an AFK town.

Like maybe plant a hybrid in a suspicious place or bury some weird item somewhere.

Unloaded most of my ore but kept the sapphires, gold, silver, and a couple rubies -- second guessed myself about how good they might look if tastefully done.

Anyone have a suggestion for an ore-friendly set? Thinking maybe modern, or something similarly simple.

Mikhal

Unloaded most of my ore but kept the sapphires, gold, silver, and a couple rubies -- second guessed myself about how good they might look if tastefully done.

Anyone have a suggestion for an ore-friendly set? Thinking maybe modern, or something similarly simple.

The cabana set isn't too bad looking with ores. I have a few pieces decked out with gold ore.

Linius

The cabana set isn't too bad looking with ores. I have a few pieces decked out with gold ore.

Yeah, mine is gold too. Loving it.

lQu.jpg

Okay, guys, I still need these furniture to catalogue:

automatic washer
big Festive tree
blue corner
cacao tree NFS
cactus
camp stove
clay furnace
clothesline pole
copy machine
country guitar
dentist’s chair
dollhouse
festive tree
festive wreath NFS
garbage pail
grass standee
holiday candle
jasmine bonsai
juicy-apple tv
karaoke system
mama polar bear
mini lamp
museum model NFS
neutral corner
orange cone
pantheon post
paulownia closet
potbelly stove
sconce
smoker
snowglobe
snowman NFS
stewpot
theremin
trunk measure
vintage radio
violin

So if you have any, would gladly catalogue it. :)

Mikhal

Nope. My FC is 1607-1491-4749. What's yours? I also have a washing machine. Is that different from an automatic one? It's a frontloader.

Philia

Okay, Kami. I can order nearly all of those. I'll be TTing back and forth so I could get them in the mail easily. :) Its the least I can do for you.

I'll get you the following:

automatic washer
blue corner
cactus
clay furnace
clothesline pole
copy machine
country guitar
dentist’s chair
dollhouse
garbage pail

grass standee
jasmine bonsai
karaoke system
mama polar bear
mini lamp
neutral corner
orange cone
pantheon post
paulownia closet
potbelly stove

sconce
theremin
trunk measure
vintage radio

Okay, Kami. I can order nearly all of those. I'll be TTing back and forth so I could get them in the mail easily. :) Its the least I can do for you.

I'll get you the following:

automatic washer
blue corner
cactus
clay furnace
clothesline pole
copy machine
country guitar
dentist’s chair
dollhouse
garbage pail

grass standee
jasmine bonsai
karaoke system
mama polar bear
mini lamp
neutral corner
orange cone
pantheon post
paulownia closet
potbelly stove

sconce
theremin
trunk measure
vintage radio

Thanks philia, that would be so cool. :)

I gonna ask category at category for complething my catalogue, so this is the first I gonna ask. Don't want to make a huge post. :)

Gate opened
Coming. :)
Edit: I can't see it, could you close and open again? :)

I got a questions for some of you here, in a completely non biased opinion, do you think this game could win some Game of the Year awards? I mean I know they're not that big of deal, but this game is legit awesome. I honestly believe this game will end up on some Top 5-10 list, and considering GTA V and Watch Dogs is still to come, plus TLoU and others are already out, I think that is a huge compliment to a game like Animal Crossing: New Leaf :D.

Oh, and in other news, I only wanted to play for about an hour today, put two and a half hours into it without even thinking, this is great.

Are we going to coordinate something for the Autumn Harvest Moon? Each region gets a different item. I'm pretty sure we're good on NA and EUR, but KOR and JP I don't know.

I got a questions for some of you here, in a completely non biased opinion, do you think this game could win some Game of the Year awards? I mean I know they're not that big of deal, but this game is legit awesome. I honestly believe this game will end up on some Top 5-10 list, and considering GTA V and Watch Dogs is still to come, plus TLoU and others are already out, I think that is a huge compliment to a game like Animal Crossing: New Leaf :D.

Oh, and in other news, I only wanted to play for about an hour today, put two and a half hours into it without even thinking, this is great.

It's got a better chance of not being snubbed than Kid Icarus Uprising was (Seriously still pissed how robbed that game was), but it will be a GTA V whitewash, with some daring fellows picking TLOU just to be a little different...

Linius

This game is going to end up in my top 10 for sure. But at least The Last of Us is gonna take a higher spot. And if Pokémon and GTA V are going to be as good as I hope those too. But I can't think of other releases for this year that could possibly surpass AC for me.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

It's certainly up there for me, but in terms of games media? I doubt it. It's either this or Fire Emblem Awakening for me so far, in terms of handheld games. There are other contenders on the way though, like Pokemon and A Link Between Worlds.

It's got a better chance of not being snubbed than Kid Icarus Uprising was (Seriously still pissed how robbed that game was), but it will be a GTA V whitewash, with some daring fellows picking TLOU just to be a little different...

Def agree with you. That was easily the best game I played last year.

This game is going to end up in my top 10 for sure. But at least The Last of Us is gonna take a higher spot. And if Pokémon and GTA V are going to be as good as I hope those too. But I can't think of other releases for this year that could possibly surpass AC for me.

If I keep sticking with this, this will be in my Top 10 no problem, but if games like Pokemon, GTA V and Watch Dogs live up to expectations, it won't be in the top 5 more than likely, but Top 10 is still amazing.

Koren

I got a questions for some of you here, in a completely non biased opinion, do you think this game could win some Game of the Year awards? I mean I know they're not that big of deal, but this game is legit awesome.
I find the GAF community awesome, and if there was an award for best game community, we could talk. ^_^

But as for the game itself, there's still several flaws, and I can't stay it really plays so differently from the previous iteration. So I don't think it will get a GoTY award anywhere.

Def agree with you. That was easily the best game I played last year.

The community here has died off a little, which is kinda sad. Hopefully the emergence of Smash will revitalize it, since KI multiplayer is sort of 3D Smash Bros anyway. The game itself pretty much does everything people claim Nintendo don't do; a cohesive, if farcical story, very unforgiving, hands-off gameplay, and excellent online multiplayer. I only wish it had Download Play so I could show my 3DS owning brothers the glory!

In terms of New Leaf being the GOTY, well... as others have said, we'll have to see how Pokemon does. I love New Leaf and I've easily spent the most time on it than I have any other game in a while, but time put in does not = the best game ever, even though it's the best 3DS title easily. 2013 has been a beast of a year for the 3DS, and for gaming in general. Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Mario & Luigi, Pokemon X & Y, Zelda a Link Between Worlds.... It's actually crazy. 2014 has a hard time living up to it, though Smash will be insane.

tumblr_mstfdmspUL1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Not cool.

sonicsezthatsnogood1.gif

Linius

The community here has died off a little, which is kinda sad. Hopefully the emergence of Smash will revitalize it, since KI multiplayer is sort of 3D Smash Bros anyway. The game itself pretty much does everything people claim Nintendo don't do; a cohesive, if farcical story, very unforgiving, hands-off gameplay, and excellent online multiplayer. I only wish it had Download Play so I could show my 3DS owning brothers the glory!

In terms of New Leaf being the GOTY, well... as others have said, we'll have to see how Pokemon does. I love New Leaf and I've easily spent the most time on it than I have any other game in a while, but time put in does not = the best game ever, even though it's the best 3DS title easily. 2013 has been a beast of a year for the 3DS, and for gaming in general. Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Mario & Luigi, Pokemon X & Y, Zelda a Link Between Worlds.... It's actually crazy. 2014 has a hard time living up to it, though Smash will be insane.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q3/Misselaineous10/AoStH%20Stuff/sonicsezthatsnogood1.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

2014 has the benefits of being the first full year with a new gen of consoles. I'm sure plenty good games will come out of that.

2014 has the benefits of being the first full year with a new gen of consoles. I'm sure plenty good games will come out of that.

I meant solely the 3DS really, I have no idea what 2014 will entail for everything else. Hopefully Fallout 4. That's my jumping off point for next gen, whenever it comes. It would be difficult to release as many top quality titles on the 3DS next year, but I mean the first portable SSB is pretty big.

Linius

I meant solely the 3DS really, I have no idea what 2014 will entail for everything else. Hopefully Fallout 4. That's my jumping off point for next gen, whenever it comes. It would be difficult to release as many top quality titles on the 3DS next year, but I mean the first portable SSB is pretty big.

I see. Yeah, that's probably right. A year with Pokémon, Mario & Luigi, Zelda, Luigi's Mansion and AC is hard to top :p

But Smash Bros. should be a good start.

I see. Yeah, that's probably right. A year with Pokémon, Mario & Luigi, Zelda, Luigi's Mansion and AC is hard to top :p

But Smash Bros. should be a good start.

I cannot wait. I only hope it has non-gimped Download Play. Download Play is the greatest thing, but so many games gimp it to hell with limited options in order to influence a second copy purchase. Luigi's Mansion 2 is the best example; just lets you do everything on a Download copy that you could do on a full copy.

You know... like a console game would.

suzu

FUCKKK. I forgot to reset today and I was at 9 villagers...

A random villager (Midge) plopped right in front of my house.

*tosses game out the window* Dx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom