• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

Hello people, been playing this game for 9 days, first time playing the series, it seems interesting. I don't know if I'm doing well at all for 9 days but whatever lol.

It seems like a lite sim game with charm added into it and makes it more game-y. It also seems like something you have to play over a long period of time since unlocks seem to be time based along with having some sort of task being required to be completed.

As to why I even bothered to post the above is to confirm whether that is a basic idea of what the game is like.

And I read that this is a community friendly game, so I thought it would be time to post in the OT. I don't know what questions to ask or if there is anything I need to know, but if there is anything I should know, it would be nice if it were posted. :)

Thanks in advance.

Well it seems like the OP has a lot, I should read that.

That looks really nice BGBW.

Frogstep

LOL. Be sure to uh... tell someone who's picking up your Chow to visit someone with 10 villagers first to clear their "infection" before visiting you. I suggest you to do the same when you come over to pick up Del. I want you to visit someone with 10 villagers first.

This is NOT confirmed but its an attempt somewhere at least.

I had no idea this was a thing till now. I'll visit a full town first before picking up Del, just to be safe. When's he leaving again, the 11th?

Philia

I had no idea this was a thing till now. I'll visit a full town first before picking up Del, just to be safe. When's he leaving again, the 11th?

He's boxed up on the 11th to be sure. So you can visit him then. I can TT him sooner if you like to make sure you get a villager placed in your town immediately tomorrow.

Elija2

I had less than 10 villages in my town for quite some time. I even visited other towns and invited people into mine without a second thought. Never got infected and I haven't heard of anyone being infected with my Rasher. Maybe I got lucky.

Philia

I had less than 10 villages in my town for quite some time. I even visited other towns and invited people into mine without a second thought. Never got infected and I haven't heard of anyone being infected with my Rasher. Maybe I got lucky.

Here's a bellion dollar question, do you have more than two villagers that came from other towns? I have a theory but I don't want to run with it yet.

Frogstep

He's boxed up on the 11th to be sure. So you can visit him then. I can TT him sooner if you like to make sure you get a villager placed in your town immediately tomorrow.

If you're comfortable enough and ok with TTing him, tomorrow would be great! :)

Del? Not doing all frogs?

I'll eventually have Camofrog for my cranky, so having some variety for now is pretty nice. Also what Philia said, I think Ribbot and Del would just click!

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
If you're comfortable enough and ok with TTing him, tomorrow would be great! :)

I'll eventually have Camofrog for my cranky, so having some variety for now is pretty nice. Also what Philia said, I think Ribbot and Del would just click!

What's your dream list? Gigi has shown up in my campsite like 20 times, each time, I wonder if you need her.

GAMERG0D

So I haven't played this game in a few days and it turns out that Margie moved away and sent me her picture.

tumblr_m9loykrbIe1r00g3do1_r1_500.gif

MicH

If I ever go for a long period of not playing hence risking someone moving out, I'll ALWAYS make a new character first to check on the town ;/ Sorry about Margie, GAMERGOD. I haven't seen you since the launch of this game!

Frogstep

What's your dream list? Gigi has shown up in my campsite like 20 times, each time, I wonder if you need her.

Gigi is someone I've considered having before. I definitely gotta see what she's like in game and what her house looks like.
The other issue is that I already have Ankha as my snooty resident, so I'm not sure if she's worth dumping for just yet.

My dream list of frogs at the moment is still in the works, as there are 4 in the list that are jocks.
Once I get all the PWP's that won't be a problem and we can all live happily ever after!

But here's what I'll have eventually:
Henry (have), Lily, Ribbot (have), Camofrog, Puddles, Jeremiah, Cousteau (have), Drift, Frobert and Gigi (maybe). I won't have an Uchi but that's only because Diva is just... ugh.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Hello people, been playing this game for 9 days, first time playing the series, it seems interesting. I don't know if I'm doing well at all for 9 days but whatever lol.

It seems like a lite sim game with charm added into it and makes it more game-y. It also seems like something you have to play over a long period of time since unlocks seem to be time based along with having some sort of task being required to be completed.

As to why I even bothered to post the above is to confirm whether that is a basic idea of what the game is like.

And I read that this is a community friendly game, so I thought it would be time to post in the OT. I don't know what questions to ask or if there is anything I need to know, but if there is anything I should know, it would be nice if it were posted. :)

Thanks in advance.

Well it seems like the OP has a lot, I should read that.

That looks really nice BGBW.

In terms of goals, you basically just set your own. There's universal stuff, like paying off your house, expanding your house, so forth, but aside from that, you can basically do anything you want. If you're into that kind of thing, there are different badges you can get (basically achievements) that correspond to a lot of different things. Like to fish a lot? You can get badges that relate to your fishing encyclopedia and number of fish caught. Like collecting stuff? There's badges for catalog percentage. Or you don't have to worry about any of that stuff, and it's kind of beautiful in that sense.

The game is much, much better when you're interacting with other people though, whether visiting other towns, inviting people into your own town, or playing tours (minigames) with people on the island (which you can do with friends, or unlockable with randoms). The incentive in visiting other people's towns are to get ideas for your own town and house(s). The cataloging system is nice, since a lot of items are reorderable from one of the store upgrades, which only requires you to pick up an item once in order for it to be logged. In that way, you can find items that you'd like to use to decorate your own stuff and order them.

My early advice would be to go for the shop upgrades, paying off your house, and getting to the island. The island is very crucial for obtaining decent amounts of money early on (I think there's information about that in the OP). Really, the OP has a lot of useful information, so definitely look through it all.

You're also definitely right about the community. Any time you need help, whether it's getting signatures for a villager petition, or wanting to catalog a specific item or furniture set, there will ALWAYS be somebody here that is willing to help. It's easily the best part of the game. We're 3DS friends already, so any time you want to come over and grab some foreign fruit or whatever, feel free to let me know :)

Roto13

Today is the day sweet olive bushes start to bloom or bud or whatever the fuck olives do. I only have two in my closet, but I guess it won't take too long to find two more for in front of my house. :p

I have Gigi in my town and I like her. she's a cute lil frog with attitude and her house was in decent shape when I got her. sadly she isn't a permanent villager for me. I'm too determined to get Olivia as my snooty.

DaBoss

In terms of goals, you basically just set your own. There's universal stuff, like paying off your house, expanding your house, so forth, but aside from that, you can basically do anything you want. If you're into that kind of thing, there are different badges you can get (basically achievements) that correspond to a lot of different things. Like to fish a lot? You can get badges that relate to your fishing encyclopedia and number of fish caught. Like collecting stuff? There's badges for catalog percentage. Or you don't have to worry about any of that stuff, and it's kind of beautiful in that sense.

The game is much, much better when you're interacting with other people though, whether visiting other towns, inviting people into your own town, or playing tours (minigames) with people on the island (which you can do with friends, or unlockable with randoms). The incentive in visiting other people's towns are to get ideas for your own town and house(s). The cataloging system is nice, since a lot of items are reorderable from one of the store upgrades, which only requires you to pick up an item once in order for it to be logged. In that way, you can find items that you'd like to use to decorate your own stuff and order them.

My early advice would be to go for the shop upgrades, paying off your house, and getting to the island. The island is very crucial for obtaining decent amounts of money early on (I think there's information about that in the OP). Really, the OP has a lot of useful information, so definitely look through it all.

You're also definitely right about the community. Any time you need help, whether it's getting signatures for a villager petition, or wanting to catalog a specific item or furniture set, there will ALWAYS be somebody here that is willing to help. It's easily the best part of the game. We're 3DS friends already, so any time you want to come over and grab some foreign fruit or whatever, feel free to let me know :)

Thanks. Visiting another town is the only thing I haven't done yet. If you can, is it OK if I can try it out now?

Thanks. Visiting another town is the only thing I haven't done yet. If you can, is it OK if I can try it out now?

I have some extra hybrids if you want some. People were so good to me in this game (Japanese friends met through this thread gave me all the silver tools and a gold rod within the first couple days), so I feel like I need to pay it back.

Also, there's a meteor shower in my town tonight if anyone wants to come make a wish.

tumblr_mstyxnNxVd1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Yay! I was afraid I was doing something wrong for so long because I wasn't getting any pictures but they're coming in regularly now. Bunnie gave me hers for a furniture request.

It says: "Hare today, gone tomorrow."

Niraj

I have some extra hybrids if you want some. People were so good to me in this game (Japanese friends met through this thread gave me all the silver tools and a gold rod within the first couple days), so I feel like I need to pay it back.

Also, there's a meteor shower in my town tonight if anyone wants to come make a wish.

Prob will take you up on that at some point :) the meteors, that is.

tumblr_mstyxnNxVd1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Yay! I was afraid I was doing something wrong for so long because I wasn't getting any pictures but they're coming in regularly now. Bunnie gave me hers for a furniture request.

Yay :)

GAMERG0D

If I ever go for a long period of not playing hence risking someone moving out, I'll ALWAYS make a new character first to check on the town ;/ Sorry about Margie, GAMERGOD. I haven't seen you since the launch of this game!
I've sort of started to lurk a lot these past few weeks, I might start posting more.

DaBoss

Sure, I'll open up.

It's so odd that how open this game is in terms of online because it is a Nintendo game. It's pretty nice.

What are hybrids? XD

Is that what flowers made from mixing two colors together are called?

Philia

Holy crap, Galactic Fork, you're being hailed as a "hometown hero"! Wow. That's a fantastic rumor. :) It was Rudy btw that told me this. :)

BTrewhsCYAAD2d8.jpg

Galactic Fork

Holy crap, Galactic Fork, you're being hailed as a "hometown hero"! Wow. That's a fantastic rumor. :) It was Rudy btw that told me this. :)

BTrewhsCYAAD2d8.jpg

Ha! I've been doing extra gardening to get ready for my big overhaul. And yeah, Rudy is my pal.

The wiki said it was for planting and stuff, which made sense. But I do try to do all requests too. Except for Avery. He can get his own fruit!

Niraj

It's so odd that how open this game is in terms of online because it is a Nintendo game. It's pretty nice.

What are hybrids? XD

Is that what flowers made from mixing two colors together are called?

Yeah. If you're in a town with somebody that isn't a friend, you can befriend that person without exiting, which is nice. My only annoyance is no way to show your friend code while on the international island, so you have to memorize it or write it down if you want to befriend someone there (and hope that they know theirs too).

And yeah, you got it on the hybrids.

Frogstep

Yeah. If you're in a town with somebody that isn't a friend, you can befriend that person without exiting, which is nice. My only annoyance is no way to show your friend code while on the international island, so you have to memorize it or write it down if you want to befriend someone there (and hope that they know theirs too).

And yeah, you got it on the hybrids.

They really should have added your friend code onto your AC ID in addition to the drean address, would have been convenient.

Galactic Fork

Would anybody like Doc? He's a cute Lazy bunny.

2m21mUj.png

He moved into a bad place, and I got my replacement lazy, so he's got to go. But I still love him and it would be great if he had a home.

Plus his initial catch phrase is "ol' bunny". That's just too amusing.

Don't know when he'll go, most likely soon.
Avery is also going to leave soon, but I don't really care if he goes off into nothingness.

They really should have added your friend code onto your AC ID in addition to the drean address, would have been convenient.

A way to add a FC from within the game would have been great too, so if you have people over already, and want to add somebody else so they can come too, you can.

Niraj

A way to add a FC from within the game would have been great too, so if you have people over already, and want to add somebody else so they can come too, you can.

This is doable in towns at least

It's just nonsense. There's no harm in the code showing, since both people have to add each other. Granted, kids can be stupid, but just warn them and be done with it.

Philia

Fantastic, I just want to say that this site is doing wonders for gifting your villagers appropriate stuff and make them change into it or keeping it!

I just saw that Molly likes the Canary shirt so I brought it along in my inventory and traded with her and she immediately changed into it. :3 Thought this would HELP you a ton to get rid of those stupid default shirts they like to get from other villagers or from ables. I'm going to try Rosie and see if I can get her into a Garden Tank.

Niraj

Fantastic, I just want to say that this site is doing wonders for gifting your villagers appropriate stuff and make them change into it or keeping it!

I just saw that Molly likes the Canary shirt so I brought it along in my inventory and traded with her and she immediately changed into it. :3 Thought this would HELP you a ton to get rid of those stupid default shirts they like to get from other villagers or from ables. I'm going to try Rosie and see if I can get her into a Garden Tank.

For the life of me, I can't get Ankha to display the Pharoah's outfit. Sent like 10 so far lol. I really wish she could wear it :/

Elija2

Here's a bellion dollar question, do you have more than two villagers that came from other towns? I have a theory but I don't want to run with it yet.

Nope. Well, I got Rosie and Deirdre from different towns, but they're the villagers I used to fill my town up. I didn't have any villagers from other towns before my villager count dropped below 10 for a while if that's what you meant.

*groan*

A step up from pro listener I imagine. Basically you're providing to every request to them.

What bullshit, I complete every request my villagers tell me and yet I'm stuck with the baneful title "stump maker".

Yes please. I'm all about the meteors.

*groan*

What bullshit, I complete every request my villagers tell me and yet I'm stuck with the baneful title "stump maker".

Get it? Get it? It's because she's a rabbit!

It took me two weeks to shed my stump maker label. I can't even harvest my perfect trees if I want to be a pro listener for awhile. For some reason, "stump maker" seems to take precedence over every other possible rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom