• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

FUCKKK. I forgot to reset today and I was at 9 villagers...

A random villager (Midge) plopped right in front of my house.

*tosses game out the window* Dx
I am so sorry. It is just the worst. Thank god I finally got Beau out of my town. Damn these animals plopping down their big-ass house whoever they want

Philia

FUCKKK. I forgot to reset today and I was at 9 villagers...

A random villager (Midge) plopped right in front of my house.

*tosses game out the window* Dx

Yeah this is why I rush to get back up to 10. I can't take the paranoia of a random moving in on me like that. NOPE NOPE.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I notice that i.nintendo.net now has a notice that tumblr is borked. Hopefully they are working on sorting that out now.

suzu

Welp, time to start the campaign of abuse.

Aaaw, that sucks. Mich knows this feel too good :(

I am so sorry. It is just the worst. Thank god I finally got Beau out of my town. Damn these animals plopping down their big-ass house whoever they want

Yeah this is why I rush to get back up to 10. I can't take the paranoia of a random moving in on me like that. NOPE NOPE.

I was all happy that I got Cheri in a nice spot yesterday, and then I got this thing today... lol. :(

So, can anyone explain how to do time traveling to get villagers to move? Or was there a link to a how-to guide?

I'm seriously thinking about doing it now. haha.

Feeling very productive for the last few days. Got several fish and insects for September (only missing Mitten Crab and Arowana), a few badges, finished Sleek and Minimalist series, and will finish Modern Wood tomorrow when my Showcase order comes in.

Anyone have some of the non-island fruit to share? Just want one of each except Apples and Oranges. And if anyone has a full Modern or Classic set I can catalog, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: bigger, I still need the Modern Wood tile and wallpaper. Day after next it gets finished, then.

Philia

I was all happy that I got Cheri in a nice spot yesterday, and then I got this thing today... lol. :(

So, can anyone explain how to do time traveling to get villagers to move? Or was there a link to a how-to guide?

I'm seriously thinking about doing it now. haha.

I can swear by this. So does MicH. The only damning thing about this is that you need to be REAL damn careful about the other movers. You just need to talk to your villagers consistently to make sure you're not missing a mover.

I notice that i.nintendo.net now has a notice that tumblr is borked. Hopefully they are working on sorting that out now.

Somewhere in Tumblr's settings, there's an email address you can use for posting. If you have an email account that's 3DS-friendly like Gmail, it's handy for posting a couple pictures at a time.

I can swear by this. So does MicH. The only damning thing about this is that you need to be REAL damn careful about the other movers. You just need to talk to your villagers consistently to make sure you're not missing a mover.

I'm amazed you guys have the patience to move villagers en masse with that method. But it looks good for being especially careful. I do 2 forward, 2 back then check for a ping. If I don't get one, I go 1 day forward and check again. Then 1 day back and check again. No talking necessary.

Although, I'd also endorse that as the best place to start if you've never TTed out a villager.

Also: last one in the door is sometimes the toughest to get out.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Feeling very productive for the last few days. Got several fish and insects for September (only missing Mitten Crab and Arowana), a few badges, finished Sleek and Minimalist series, and will finish Modern Wood tomorrow when my Showcase order comes in.

Anyone have some of the non-island fruit to share? Just want one of each except Apples and Oranges. And if anyone has a full Modern or Classic set I can catalog, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: bigger, I still need the Modern Wood tile and wallpaper. Day after next it gets finished, then.

If you want, I can give you both of those modern wood pieces, and you can take some fruit too.

MicH

Yes, this is how to do it. If you do it right there is IMPOSSIBLE for an animal to move out without you knowing it.

Talk to your animals every time you TT back and forth as they won't "ping" you about them moving if you haven't talked to them in a while

Also: last one in the door is sometimes the toughest to get out.
Yeah, I've NEVER had the last one to move in move out before another animal has moved in (ok that sentence sucks). Pretty sure you need another move-in before Midge wants to leave

Talk to your animals every time you TT back and forth as they won't "ping" you about them moving if you haven't talked to them in a while

Only if a week of their time has passed. If you're going, say, between 9/1 and 9/3, you can jump as much as you want because it's always just two days to them so they'll always ping.

Yeah, I've NEVER had the last one to move in move out before another animal has moved in (ok that sentence sucks). Pretty sure you need another move-in before Midge wants to leave

I'm not sure it's possible either. I spent 5 hours or so trying to get Ankha out when she was the last one in before finally giving up and pulling in a camper. Only then would she budge.

Last call on Fireworks. I have a bunch of sprinklers, fountain fireworks, and roman candles? If no one wants them within the hour or so, I need to clear them out. I also have two Silver Slingshots to give away.

If you want, I can give you both of those modern wood pieces, and you can take some fruit too.
That would be great. :) I'll PM you my FC. Anything you'd want?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What do you guys use to keep track of what you do and don't have catalogued?

MoriDB seems pretty inefficient for that sort of thing. Is there an Excel spreadsheet or something out there?

MicH

Only if a week of their time has passed. If you're going, say, between 9/1 and 9/3, you can jump as much as you want because it's always just two days to them so they'll always ping.
Right, this makes sense. I usually jump two days forward constantly on my TT cart so I have to talk to them every time. Which is tedious. So I will switch back to this method definitely, haha

Niraj

Last call on Fireworks. I have a bunch of sprinklers, fountain fireworks, and roman candles? If no one wants them within the hour or so, I need to clear them out. I also have two Silver Slingshots to give away.

That would be great. :) I'll PM you my FC. Anything you'd want?

Nah

What do you guys use to keep track of what you do and don't have catalogued?

MoriDB seems pretty inefficient for that sort of thing. Is there an Excel spreadsheet or something out there?

I use this

suzu

Thanks for the tips, guys. I really appreciate it!

Thankfully(?) I am only fond of maybe like, 4 of my villagers. So I don't mind if the others decide to move out too. lol

MicH

I used to be excited to see a balloon in the previous games. Now I hate them.

I also liked you'd have to follow them in the GC version in hopes of it getting caught in a tree so you could shake it down. Ah, it was a simpler time before slingshots were invented

Ah I see.

I kind of like the novelty of getting the balloon furniture, but I can imagine the set's not for everyone X D

EDIT

I just pop balloons for the badge; it's almost relaxing.

Especially when those accursed silver slingshot balloons come.

Koren

Feeling very productive for the last few days. Got several fish and insects for September (only missing Mitten Crab and Arowana)
Pretty sure mitten crab is for the second half of september.

I'm more surprised that you haven't seen an Arowana, though. It wasn't so uncommon even back in august...

I used to be excited to see a balloon in the previous games. Now I hate them.
Same here...

Philia

YES. Rosie, this is why I fucking love you. She's the FIRST to partake in my campaign to get rid of all of the damn fossil/bug/fish in their own houses.

BTrCqyjCAAArGqt.jpg

I rewarded her with an excellent item that she took upon herself to display IMMEDIATELY IN HER HOUSE while I was there. Yes, she LOVES her Dolly! :D :D :D

Meanwhile, I took a shot of Merengue's perfect house. :3

BTrDKkvIQAAhAhU.jpg

I'm sure some of her furnishings isn't original but this is real nice.

Niraj

YES. Rosie, this is why I fucking love you. She's the FIRST to partake in my campaign to get rid of all of the damn fossil/bug/fish in their own houses.

BTrCqyjCAAArGqt.jpg

I rewarded her with an excellent item that she took upon herself to display IMMEDIATELY IN HER HOUSE while I was there. Yes, she LOVES her Dolly! :D :D :D

Meanwhile, I took a shot of Merengue's perfect house. :3

BTrDKkvIQAAhAhU.jpg

I'm sure some of her furnishings isn't original but this is real nice.

Merengue's shirt is great.

Ellix

ac.us released a Last Chance Catch guide for the first half of September. I'm guessing Sept. 15 is the last day to get these guys on the mainland.

tumblr_mss4ysOdli1sp8elno1_500.png

I'm now starting to feel irritated at the ducky design because 3-4 of my villagers still have it on even though I removed it from the store because they spread it back to each other. They just place clothing I send them in their homes and pawn it back to me later. If I complain to Isabelle about the villager's clothing to get it to reset, are there any known implications on their friendship level or anything else?

I think I'm mostly retired from the turnip trade, I won't have time anymore on weeknights to stalk boards for good prices and line up :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Somewhere in Tumblr's settings, there's an email address you can use for posting. If you have an email account that's 3DS-friendly like Gmail, it's handy for posting a couple pictures at a time.
Wow, it worked. Thanks. In some ways it's better as it allows multiple uploads at once!

Well here is what my seaside themed room looks like.
tumblr_mstuzlkKtj1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mstuzlkKtj1svkqkfo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mstuzlkKtj1svkqkfo3_400.jpg

Semi based on my grandparents place.

MicH

That's AMAZING BGBW! I really need to start designing my house too. It's currently filled with random trendy sets from the Trendy challenge :(

Philia

Wow, it worked. Thanks. In some ways it's better as it allows multiple uploads at once!

Semi based on my grandparents place.

That's really nice! Real nice. Better than the semi ugly stripe set. I mean I love the stripes but the furnishing themselves is awkward looking. Still, its brilliant that you combined the both sets using the default design of the other. I should do this... but with two sets and have a design on it... alpine is great for this. Wondering what other sets can lend themselves this way besides the alpine.

Frogstep

If anyone is a fan of pink (or shaved, however you see it) pandas..

95px-284px-Chow_-_Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf.png

this guy is packed up today and ready to get out of my life forever.

Philia

If anyone is a fan of pink (or shaved, however you see it) pandas..

95px-284px-Chow_-_Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf.png

this guy is packed up today and ready to get out of my life forever.

LOL. Be sure to uh... tell someone who's picking up your Chow to visit someone with 10 villagers first to clear their "infection" before visiting you. I suggest you to do the same when you come over to pick up Del. I want you to visit someone with 10 villagers first.

This is NOT confirmed but its an attempt somewhere at least.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thanks! I was inspired by the Stripe furniture, but yeah the shape of the items are a bit whack which is why I basically reduced it to the tables which are nice and square.

I should note I used the Chain Gang design rather than the blue-stripe as the lines are of an even thickness.

Wish more furniture was as flexible as the Alpine sets. You almost risk using bits of it for every room HA HA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom