• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I'm currently waiting for someone on GFAQS, so can we do it tomorrow or Thursday? I have Merengue moving ready to trade for Chief

EDIT Sorry if my previous post was a big misleading

Sure, I'm in no hurry. And no worries.

Galactic Fork

Great. I feel like a bunny pusher lol :p

Hopefully I hear back from this person soon.

heh i picture you meeting folks in a dark alley, opening your jacket to show a bunch of bunnies tied up inside. "got in some fresh merchandise"

Galactic Fork

Hrm... Chrissy just gave me her "spare" surveillance camera... yeah right Chrissy, you know the law, I'm sending this right back to you!

MicH

Aww guys come on :(

Actually I remembered who was in my campsite today: Ruby. And I remmeber because her back was towards me when I entered thus looking exactly like Galactic Fork. It is working

Galactic Fork

Aww guys come on :(

Actually I remembered who was in my campsite today: Ruby. And I remmeber because her back was towards me when I entered thus looking exactly like Galactic Fork. It is working

Did you take her? or was it in your full village?

How come you get all the good villagers in your campsite? I get piles of losers.

Speaking of Galactic Fork...

tumblr_msxi1uYDT81qa25kqo1_400.jpg

MicH

Did you take her? or was it in your full village?

How come you get all the good villagers in your campsite? I get piles of losers.
It was in my full village, unfortunately. That campsite has been teasing me lately, giving me Ankha, Hamlet and Marina before Ruby. And I can't recruit any of them. Jesus

I did get very lucky in my TT campsite too; recently got Rosie and Lolly.And before that I got Fauna and Marshal

EDIT: Fauna being handsome in that sweatervest of Nook's. I have Lolly wandering around in Isabelle's winter outfit ;3 I want Marshal in one of her awesome designs, but he is amazingly stubborn and won't even wear any shirts I send him. He is still wearing that ugly default orange design THAT IS NO LONGER AT THE ABLE'S STORE

was resetting my campsite in an attempt to find someone I liked, gave up and loaded normally, and found Marina waiting in my campsite. dunno if I should consider myself lucky or not.

MicH

was resetting my campsite in an attempt to find someone I liked, gave up and loaded normally, and found Marina waiting in my campsite. dunno if I should consider myself lucky or not.
Marina is cute and you will easily be able to trade her for someone you like more on Gamefaqs if you don't like her.

Marina is cute and you will easily be able to trade her for someone you like more on Gamefaqs if you don't like her.

true. I have too many normals as is so I'm not too keen on keeping her for good I think. I'm a little iffy on villager trades since my last incident but hopefully people will be less jerk-ish this go around.

MicH

true. I have too many normals as is so I'm not too keen on keeping her for good I think. I'm a little iffy on villager trades since my last incident but hopefully people will be less jerk-ish this go around.
That's unfortunate. What happened last time? I've only had good experiences

mb.exe

Diana the snooty deer is boxed up and moving out of my town today if anyone wants her. She was a good villager and one of my originals, but I need NEW BLOOD

That's unfortunate. What happened last time? I've only had good experiences

I was trading Lobo. He was supposed to go for Lucky and I let them pick Lobo up first. then they disappear for hours and tell me they accidentally TT'd him out. then offered me Shep instead then disappeared again and haven't contacted me since. while I'd like to give people the benefit of the doubt, I kinda find it hard to in this case. I wouldn't have traded Lobo otherwise so it was a bummer to lose him.

MicH

Yeah, Diana is awesome. I really like her, but I already have Whitney and Ankha. If I had to have a deer villager it would probably be her. Someone take her :D

I was trading Lobo. He was supposed to go for Lucky and I let them pick Lobo up first. then they disappear for hours and tell me they accidentally TT'd him out. then offered me Shep instead then disappeared again and haven't contacted me since. while I'd like to give people the benefit of the doubt, I kinda find it hard to in this case. I wouldn't have traded Lobo otherwise so it was a bummer to lose him.
Man, that sucks big time. I'm sorry. Some people just have no shame.

Are you looking for any villagers in particular? I'll keep an eye out for them on my TT cart. Unfortunately, you have to go through 16 villagers to get Lobo back :/

EDIT: YES! Response from the person with Chief. She just has to TT him out and we're a-go! Wish me luck so I don't get fucked over like littlle miss gogo :( (she seems sincere so I don't think I will)

Philia

Gala is totally underrated. She's pretty awesome. :D I love her quite a bit now! :D She kept commenting on my lovely furniture. :3

EDIT: YES! Response from the person with Chief. She just has to TT him out and we're a-go! Wish me luck so I don't get fucked over like littlle miss gogo :( (she seems sincere so I don't think I will)

Congrats! I'm waiting on my Tia from this other person too on GF. :3

Diana the snooty deer is boxed up and moving out of my town today if anyone wants her. She was a good villager and one of my originals, but I need NEW BLOOD

ahhh wish I had the space. still got to boot gigi out to a friend later tonight then TT to see where silly Marina wants to place her house. someone somewhere must want her tho she is cute to boot.

Man, that sucks big time. I'm sorry. Some people just have no shame.

Are you looking for any villagers in particular? I'll keep an eye out for them on my TT cart. Unfortunately, you have to go through 16 villagers to get Lobo back :/

yeah I miss his goofy face but I ended up getting Fang who has taken up the role of resident cranky wolf. mostly holding out for (like most people, ha) Lucky and Ankha. but realistically I want Olivia, Cube, possibly Monique, or Cookie. and thanks! I'd appreciate that a bunch.

good luck with your trade!

MicH

Gala is totally underrated. She's pretty awesome. :D I love her quite a bit now! :D She kept commenting on my lovely furniture. :3

Congrats! I'm waiting on my Tia from this other person too on GF. :3
Yay :D Gala is one of the best pigs, if not the best. The pigs are generally not that good IMO

Oh, I got the white azaleas on my main game now. Wanna come get them?

EDIT: I'll look out for those. I just had Ankha and I'm currently trading away Merengue, but the rest are yours if I get any of them :)

Philia

ahhh wish I had the space. still got to boot gigi out to a friend later tonight then TT to see where silly Marina wants to place her house. someone somewhere must want her tho she is cute to boot.

I'd take her if this deal with my marina fall through in the next two days.

Yay :D Gala is one of the best pigs, if not the best. The pigs are generally not that good IMO

Oh, I got the white azaleas on my main game now. Wanna come get them?

Yeah I'll get them now before anything else.

Galactic Fork

No more non bunny villagers! Only 9 adorable bunnies.

fcKYF2s.jpg

So cute! if only Isabelle would put on the bunny hoods I keep giving her.

flQM2ft.jpg

She lured us to her lair...

wMTw3Gg.jpg

Who else was there? Who's my competition? Is it Francine? We'll see about that.

But things aren't all sunshine and bunnies in Townburg...
DqyPeBc.jpg

Shopping is especially scary now.

I'd take her if this deal with my marina fall through in the next two days.

I'm definitely open to that. my biggest worry about trading villagers is whether or not they're going to a good home. they aaare just video game characters but I still fret over them being cared for appropriately. bah.

Galactic Fork

WOW! That's damn impressive feat! There's one other guy that was doing a town of chickens. Now you with bunnies, I'm impressed! :D I need to visit! I'll definitely visit once I get back up to 10.

Thanks! I have MicH and bluepolicebox the most to thank! They are my bunny farmers.
Also, SolidEyeSystem gave me Cole!

Such a great community.
Oh and I have 2 white azaleas if you still need em.

And now I see that Cole put his surveillance camera up for sale at Re-Tail... I told them all clearly that it was the law. I need to get Booker to his darn job.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Speaking of boxed villagers, Bianca the peppy white tiger is on her way out soon if anyone wants her.

She's not too bad for a tiger honestly. They really could have done a better job with them though :/ I fear to think about how they'd mangle a cheetah villager :(

Frogstep

No more non bunny villagers! Only 9 adorable bunnies.

fcKYF2s.jpg

So cute! if only Isabelle would put on the bunny hoods I keep giving her.

That's so cool! I def gotta step my frog game up, still missing over half of what I need. Also, I never realized how many peppy bunnies there are to choose from. :O

Philia

Thanks! I have MicH and bluepolicebox the most to thank! They are my bunny farmers.
Also, SolidEyeSystem gave me Cole!

Such a great community.
Oh and I have 2 white azaleas if you still need em.

And now I see that Cole put his surveillance camera up for sale at Re-Tail... I told them all clearly that it was the law. I need to get Booker to his darn job.

Lmao cameras. Please hold on to the azaleas for me! :D

She's not too bad for a tiger honestly. They really could have done a better job with them though :/ I fear to think about how they'd mangle a cheetah villager :(

No, she's not and she looks much better in-game than in pictures. They made the big cats too bulky. The deer are much better represented in comparison. And, yeah, the cheetah would probably be awful.

Seriously, guys, take Diana. She's lovely and rarely available free for the taking.

Koren

Someone (Niraj?) said they didn't start getting pics until a certain number of hours played. 500, maybe? I'm a bit below that but my villagers have just started handing out pics like crazy. Maybe not enough hours played yet?
I was hoping this was true... I only get one in my first 400h, and suddenly got two more around 450. Problem: I still haven't gotten more since. I'd like to know how you're getting so many (excluding those you get from leaving villagers). I simply don't have enough requests (maybe two or three a day) to get many pictures.

But things aren't all sunshine and bunnies in Townburg...
DqyPeBc.jpg

Shopping is especially scary now.
^_^

Congratulations on you bunny village! I would be delighted to visit one day.

I thought about making a single-animal village (would probably have choosed squirrels or cats), but besides having a second cart for TT, that usually means lurking a lot on Gamefaqs (and paying insane prices sometimes), with all related problems... Besides, I like many of my starters, and having some variety. But I really like seeing this kind of village.

Can someone hook me up with a few persimmons? I got all other fruit if you need to trade. My FC is in my profile. PM me please.

I am also looking for Master Sword, Samus Helmet, and SS Dolphin. I have doubles of pretty much every other Nintendo item. Just tell me what you need.

Shari just sold me an amazing painting. If it's fake, ima get a couple a hard ass hittin racoons to go to work on her home with a pair o pliers and a blowtorch. You hear me monkey?

EDIT: It was fake. THE STREETS WILL FLOW RED WITH THE BLOOD OF THE NON BELIEVERS.

Shari just sold me an amazing painting. If it's fake, ima get a couple a hard ass hittin racoons to go to work on her home with a pair o pliers and a blowtorch. You hear me monkey?

She sold me a fake once too. I caught her down by the beach that night, trapped her behind a bunch of shovel holes, and proceeded to give her a savage bug net beating. She doesn't live in my village anymore.

Linius

Since Willow popped up at mainstreet once I see her almost every day just hanging around. I wonder how long it will take for Charlise to show her face...

I was hoping this was true... I only get one in my first 400h, and suddenly got two more around 450. Problem: I still haven't gotten more since. I'd like to know how you're getting so many (excluding those you get from leaving villagers). I simply don't have enough requests (maybe two or three a day) to get many pictures.

That seems to be the threshold then. I've gotten two from leaving villagers and the others have all come from requests or house visits (they send it in the mail the next day). Some days I get more requests than others. Depending on how much time I have, I usually try to check in for about 5 minutes in the morning then again at lunch and then I play sometime in the evening. I also keep a full drawer of various bugs and fish so I can fulfill requests faster.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
No, she's not and she looks much better in-game than in pictures. They made the big cats too bulky. The deer are much better represented in comparison. And, yeah, the cheetah would probably be awful.

Seriously, guys, take Diana. She's lovely and rarely available free for the taking.

Yup, agree with all of this.

Yeah, it can be a bit of a nuisance. Since I have Ankha as the only villager whose picture I don't have, I usually start by Solid Snaking my way towards her house. If she's in her house or outside, I'll talk to her, but if I don't get a chore (or if she is on Main Street), I'll just save and quit and try again. Usually this at least gets me one or two.

They also sometimes give chores when they ping in surprise, so if you're not getting any, you can always just stay away for a bit and then get in their line of sight. The worst is getting the delivery one, since you get the reward from the recipient instead of the request starter. Today I think I only got one, but I might try again later. You probably don't have this issue since you're trying to get them from multiple villagers, but just try to talk first to the ones you want to get requests from. Sometimes I'll be going to talk to Ankha and Groucho or Sparro will ping, and I'll talk to them out of resignation and they'll give me a chore to do. I'm not sure what the total number of possible requests per day are, but I'd imagine it's something marginal, like 6ish, give or take. 2 per animal at the most, though usually it's spread out through several.

Just my experience :p

Koren

but if I don't get a chore (or if she is on Main Street), I'll just save and quit and try again. Usually this at least gets me one or two.
I should probably exit more. But I'm not fond of this trick... I think chore may be one of the most interesting things to do in the game when you've done your daily business and don't have to fill your museum anymore, so I feel that the game should provide me one quickly after I finished the previous ones...

They also sometimes give chores when they ping in surprise, so if you're not getting any, you can always just stay away for a bit and then get in their line of sight.
I'm getting a lot of pings, but I'm filling my inventory till I get the PWP request, that doesn't help. You can get a pic for a delivery chore ?

Just my experience :p
It's actually really interesting and useful, many thanks.

My thanks to BPB, too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom