• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japanese exclusive?! Aww poop. Those beans make for good fish food. Looks like you are feeding the fish when you throw them into the water. Also like how the beans bounce off flowers. ^___^
Oh yeah, that's brilliant. Although the fish run for the hills when you throw them, so dunno if that really works X D

I love chucking them at cicadas...

Who knows, maybe you can get some from somebody. I'd be surprised if they haven't been duped to death.

I'm still placing... Tia. :( She just might break me lol. I'm dreading placing Marina now too.
You can do it!

(I'm so glad my villager placement standards are so low.)

Poncho mailed me a throne because I let him come to my house yesterday. :D

Nice, I've been hoping one of my villagers will do that. Too lazy to buy it myself, plus I already got the gold shopping badge after a few Emporium visits.

Koomaster

Oh yeah, that's brilliant. Although the fish run for the hills when you throw them, so dunno if that really works X D

I love chucking them at cicadas...

Who knows, maybe you can get some from somebody. I'd be surprised if they haven't been duped to death.
Still good to pretend you are feeding the fish even if they are running away. ^___^;;

And yeah I will have to be on the look out for some. I could totally see setting up a little fish feeding station by one of my town's ponds.

MicH

I checked your town, Koomaster, and it's amazing! Great job on the landscaping. And your house is the best I've ever seen!

Koomaster

I checked your town, Koomaster, and it's amazing! Great job on the landscaping. And your house is the best I've ever seen!
Thanks seriously, that means a lot to hear! Still got lots I want to do with my landscaping and of course my basement and the new Gyroid store. But it's great that you like what I've got going on so far. :)

Philia

Thanks seriously, that means a lot to hear! Still got lots I want to do with my landscaping and of course my basement and the new Gyroid store. But it's great that you like what I've got going on so far. :)

I STILL NEED TO VISIT. :D :D :D

BTW, I have a bean item too. Its yours when you come over and give me some interior design ideas. :)

I've just been too ^^

Your town's great; love the placement of PWPs and flowers.

Also, I finally got to see the legendary sunflower kitchen, even if it was in a dream.

Oh yeah, gift-wrapped gyroids... That's something for me to think about.

Benjamin moved in a few days ago from a Streetpass.

He moved RIGHT next to me and at first I was mad but then I learned that Benjamin has sloppy furniture in his home, so I didn't mind it.

Once he set up his house, I only see two pieces of sloppy furniture in his home.

Thanks a lot, whoever from Twinleaf that I passed. Thanks a lot.

Anybody wants Soleil? I don''t want her to disappear ;'(

Guys, I can forgive you for not taking Diana but Soleil? Pudgy little hamster with a side-eye? She's one of the best snooties you could hope to have. Please, I spent days fruitlessly trying to find her. Don't let this one drop off into the abyss.

I know I don't have much luck with art trading but not only would I like to complete my collection, I should really get rid of my excess art.

The following are for trade (all legit):

Famous
Flowery
Graceful
Neutralx2
Nice
Wild

I'm looking for:

Warm
Dynamic
Calm
Scenic
Proper

I'll trade three paintings for the following statues:

Great
Mystic
Robust
Gallant

Thanks!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Still good to pretend you are feeding the fish even if they are running away. ^___^;;

And yeah I will have to be on the look out for some. I could totally see setting up a little fish feeding station by one of my town's ponds.

I've done this very thing before :p

tumblr_mqhb1530IW1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mqhb1530IW1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

I'm lame :(

Got my second Gracie visit yesterday. Didn't have an iconic accessory but thankfully that trend doesn't clash with anything so I grabbed one of the ones I already had.

Koomaster

I STILL NEED TO VISIT. :D :D :D

BTW, I have a bean item too. Its yours when you come over and give me some interior design ideas. :)
If you're on now, I'll just open up my town for the next hour if you want to pop by. Don't be alarmed by the long train ride, seems the times you have visited before our internets didn't get along and it took a while for the train.

Looks like I will be working for beans; haha. You'll have to give me an idea of what your favorite furniture series is or what you want your home to be. I'll have to come over to your place and check what you've got going on so far with your house.

Too bad the game doesn't allow you to give visitors permission to mess with your furniture, move it around and display stuff. Although I guess that could lead to abuse like people stealing everything in your home and leaving. But you'd just have to make sure you really trust the person. :p

Hmm, I just let Olivia into my house quick and guided her to all 6 rooms without talking (because I was busy and she came to my house yesterday).

Then she left pretty much as soon as I entered the last room.

Whoops? I feel worse than when I island hop.

Philia

If you're on now, I'll just open up my town for the next hour if you want to pop by.

Looks like I will be working for beans; haha. You'll have to give me an idea of what your favorite furniture series is or what you want your home to be. I'll have to come over to your place and check what you've got going on so far with your house.

Yeah I'd LOVE to have you come over. :) I'm pretty much going for pink/white everywhere. Probably in my main castle for now. But yeah, I'm curious what sets besides custom Lovely obviously and custom Polka dot that does the pink/white combo very well.

However, I'm STILL placing Tia. :( She came SOOOO close like 5 times already. Its annoying lol.

BT5FjcoIgAAhRYf.jpg

BT5Fyq7IYAEu1nu.jpg

BT5GAumIUAEuBn1.jpg

BT5GQXeIQAAfMCJ.jpg

BT5GeCaIAAAxgZ-.jpg

BT5GvFeIMAEW8uz.jpg

Yes I know I'm SILLY INSANE for doing this, but house placement is very important to me because it SHOWS I worked just as hard on my town to look just as perfect as I worked on everything else.

Koomaster

Yeah I'd LOVE to have you come over. :) I'm pretty much going for pink/white everywhere. Probably in my main castle for now. But yeah, I'm curious what sets besides custom Lovely obviously and custom Polka dot that does the pink/white combo very well.

However, I'm STILL placing Tia. :( She came SOOOO close like 5 times already. Its annoying lol.
Alpine is very versitle for this kind of thing since the whole set can be customized with clothing fabric. Get some pink/white colored shirts and customize the whole set or pieces from the set you like. Looking quickly through my catalog of clothing these shirts would be good to try...

Bubble-gum Tee:
bubble-gum-tee.jpg

Candy Gingham Tee:
candy-gingham-tee.jpg

Lovely Tee:
lovely-tee.jpg

If you wanted a little extra color in there so it wasn't completely pink/white you could go with...
Peachy Tee:
peachy-tee.jpg

That gives a nice offwhite coloring and you could bring in some yellow/wood items if you wanted to highlight the yellow tones instead.

Sno-cone Tee:
sno-cone-tee.jpg

You could use this if you have a room with white furniture that you want to give the appearance of pink shading.

A furniture set you could try is the Regal; you can customize that to be royal red which is basically pink. The sno-cone tee on the bedding for regal in that shade would look nice I bet.

Those are just some ideas off the top of my head. You probably have more clothing in your catalog that I don't know about in mine that might suit your tastes better.

Edit: Also as an accessory, a pink balloon dog lamp when turned on gives the whole room a pink shade. Something to think about.

Koren

BT5GvFeIMAEW8uz.jpg

Yes I know I'm SILLY INSANE for doing this, but house placement is very important to me because it SHOWS I worked just as hard on my town to look just as perfect as I worked on everything else.
I'm not thinking you're insane at all... Seems pretty normal to me ^_^ I've spent a lot of time thinking about PWP placement to force houses to be where I want... Without a villager locking trick, I fear that any heavy placement work would be destroyed after a couple of weeks without playing :(

Still, I'm wondering what is the problem on this last one exactly? Alignment with other houses? Edit : nm, I understand what you're looking for. I just don't have the same rules for houses/road placement (I find the empty space in front of the house utterly disturbing)

Philia

Still, I'm wondering what is the problem on this last one exactly? Alignment with other houses?

You see my path's being made for the house to be right in front of it. Empty space for the entrance tile of the house. It has be specific.

Alpine is very versitle for this kind of thing since the whole set can be customized with clothing fabric. Get some pink/white colored shirts and customize the whole set or pieces from the set you like. Looking quickly through my catalog of clothing these shirts would be good to try...

Edit: Also as an accessory, a pink balloon dog lamp when turned on gives the whole room a pink shade. Something to think about.

Oooh. :3 I love the alpine set too. It was my default set before I went on to do the silly HHA challenge. I'll definitely use the daisy tee for that set in one room. I just need to get my alt characters to get on with the QR machine grind. I'd love to have Daisy Tee as a tile set for the walls. Not sure about flooring...

What's weird is almost every villager I've had move in has picked a good spot. Yes, I don't have paths, but I remember it was only Charlise who was really annoying (big surprise—guess she knew it wasn't meant to be). Literally almost everyone I have now nailed it on the first try or picked somewhere cool I wasn't expecting but totally dug (like Lucky plopping down right in the middle of things cause he always wants to be in the mix). Best example is Octavian moving right next to the path to the ocean and then Marina moving in right next door.

Also, I'm purging my hybrids as I now longer want any orange in my town (except orange and black roses around my Zen Clock). So, I'll be posting later a giveaway of quite a few orange roses and tulips, as well as some black roses and some other stuff.

And any furniture that allows you to use custom patterns is badass.

Koomaster

Oooh. :3 I love the alpine set too. It was my default set before I went on to do the silly HHA challenge. I'll definitely use the daisy tee for that set in one room. I just need to get my alt characters to get on with the QR machine grind. I'd love to have Daisy Tee as a tile set for the walls. Not sure about flooring...
Looking through an online catalog...
Flowery Tee:
flowery-tee.jpg

I can't exactly tell if it has orange in it, would have to see it in-game and customized on a piece of furniture. But I bet that would look nice with a pink/white theme.

As for flooring the lovely carpet is probably your best bet for pink. But...
Fancy Carpet:
fancy-carpet.jpg

Kitchen Flooring:
kitchen-flooring.jpg

Those may be good to try out. But if you are at all interested in custom designs I bet you could create your own flooring that would look loads better to fit your theme. That's what I did with my sunflower kitchen, just created my own wallpaper since nothing else in the game looked good for my needs.

I saw a nice white floor called the Ski flooring or something but that's not in-season at the moment. The only other white flooring available now is the stripe, maze and illusion which all have black in them. Meh unless you are customizing the lovely set to be pink/black. There is also cloud flooring but that has blue in it which doesn't work with pink furniture unless you actively try to bring blue into your room as a 3rd color. It would make a nice nursery theme for twins if you had blue/pink furniture with the cloud flooring. otherwise no.

Philia

Also, I'm purging my hybrids as I now longer want any orange in my town (except orange and black roses around my Zen Clock). So, I'll be posting later a giveaway of quite a few orange roses and tulips, as well as some black roses and some other stuff.

And any furniture that allows you to use custom patterns is badass.

Flurry only took two hours to place herself next to the town hall. She've started this trend of houses being right on the path for me. Gala had put herself next to Flurry's and I'm hoping the same with Tia and Marina on the same path. Tia's attempt at the right side of the town hall could work too. I was worried that Pashmina's house probably too close for it to happen. But I can totally run with the right side if possible. I just absolutely refuse any fucking house to be placed at the far south when you can only access their entrance from the south which is borderline retarded in design (putting themselves in south I mean). Which also makes me wonder why they never place themselves far north near the train tracks... in my town. If ever. :\

I've also gotten rid of all my oranges and put them all in my hubby's town too. I don't blame you. The only orange flower I liked is the orange lilies because they look like another breed of flower my grandma had that I grew up loving very much.

I saw a nice white floor called the Ski flooring or something but that's not in-season at the moment. The only other white flooring available now is the stripe, maze and illusion which all have black in them. Meh unless you are customizing the lovely set to be pink/black. There is also cloud flooring but that has blue in it which doesn't work with pink furniture unless you actively try to bring blue into your room as a 3rd color. It would make a nice nursery theme for twins if you had blue/pink furniture with the cloud flooring. otherwise no.

That kitchen flooring looks nice! I'm actually a fan of hardwood flooring though. Neutral floor is great for any type of room except dark wood furniture.

Marcel, Gayle, and Marina did pretty good jobs placing their houses. in fact all three lined themselves up neatly on the far side of my river. Vesta and Fang on the other hand are neighbors hiding away from everyone else as far north as possible.

Koomaster

Flurry only took two hours to place herself next to the town hall. She've started this trend of houses being right on the path for me. Gala had put herself next to Flurry's and I'm hoping the same with Tia and Marina on the same path. Tia's attempt at the right side of the town hall could work too. I was worried that Pashmina's house probably too close for it to happen. But I can totally run with the right side if possible.
I really commend you for your dedication to this. I know if I tried it would just drive me crazy. So I just let my villagers move wherever and then design around them. Really the only problematic one so far was Olaf, he moved on top of my path right in front of a bridge. Worst spot he could have picked. I just ended up destroying the bridge and moving it over 2 spaces and redid the path to match up. :p

Closed my town for a bit while I go have lunch. Good luck with your villager placement. I'll open back up later so feel free to drop by when you get it finished. :)

Koomaster

That kitchen flooring looks nice! I'm actually a fan of hardwood flooring though. Neutral floor is great for any type of room except dark wood furniture.
Neutral is what I have in my kitchen. It might throw off your pink/white theme since it has those rich yellow undertones. But if you wanted going back to my earlier suggestion, the Peachy Tee would really pop on furniture if you used the neutral floor.

Really I am envisioning the Peachy Tee on the Alpine Series in a room with neutral flooring. That could be a big wow factor right there.

Philia

Closed my town for a bit while I go have lunch. Good luck with your villager placement. I'll open back up later so feel free to drop by when you get it finished. :)

LOL that Olaf bastard. I had him and he's my first move out. Yep. Wasn't having that dude, NOPE.

And aw, you don't have to wait on me! I may uh just take forever (all day) on this. ;)

Really I am envisioning the Peachy Tee on the Alpine Series in a room with neutral flooring. That could be a big wow factor right there.

I'll try the Peachy Tee. :)

Niraj

You name your character and go for a specific hairstyle each time? When I was resetting Ankha's house I just picked a letter and spammed A lol

Philia

You name your character and go for a specific hairstyle each time? When I was resetting Ankha's house I just picked a letter and spammed A lol

Well I was going to legit create a third alt and place her house on the lower left for sure. I got my path worked out on the SW of the map for this third alt house. Not going to delete it or anything.

Niraj

Well I was going to legit create a third alt and place her house on the lower left for sure. I got my path worked out on the SW of the map for this third alt house. Not going to delete it or anything.

Ah gotcha. That makes you slightly less crazy then.

I call my temporary alt "Alt" so I don't get confused.

Had fun calling him/her Tom Nook and Isabelle for a while.

Called him Mayor once, but that totally confused me when I was about to demolish his house. Plus I was super tired. So I'll stick with something super obvious from now on.

Philia

Ah gotcha. That makes you slightly less crazy then.

I just didn't think it'd drag on this damn long though. :\ I guess I got seriously damn lucky with Flurry and Gala or something.

Called him Mayor once, but that totally confused me when I was about to demolish his house. Plus I was super tired. So I'll stick with something super obvious from now on.

lmao! XD I didn't even think of that. One thing though, I'm graceful for is that you don't see a lot of crude names being abused in this game like say on XBLA. That's one thing I can appreciate about ACNL players in whole. :)

Elija2

Have any of you guys had your Dream Code change on you? A couple months ago after I finished updating my dream town I was told by Luna that my Dream Code was changed. It also reset the number of people that visited my Dream Town back to 0. I've never heard of this happening to anyone else and I'm wondering why it happened to me.

Have any of you guys had your Dream Code change on you? A couple months ago after I finished updating my dream town I was told by Luna that my Dream Code was changed. It also reset the number of people that visited my Dream Town back to 0. I've never heard of this happening to anyone else and I'm wondering why it happened to me.

Yeah, that's just the way it works.

Philia

My Dream Code got 80 views and it still haven't changed. But I've heard of this happening and I wonder why too. At first I thought it was because you've upgraded your main street or houses but apparently not so with me.

Elija2

Yeah, that's just the way it works.

Really? Has it happened to anyone else here? Having your Dream Code randomly change is a bad idea, especially since it resets the visitors count. Is the old Dream Code still usable? What if you give out your Dream Code to people only to have it suddenly change? Then you'd have to give the new one out to everyone again.

Really? Has it happened to anyone else here? Having your Dream Code randomly change is a bad idea, especially since it resets the visitors count. Is the old Dream Code still usable? What if you give out your Dream Code to people only to have it suddenly change? Then you'd have to give the new one out to everyone again.

Yes, really. And, I agree, it's a bad idea. I don't understand the reasoning but that's the way it works.

Edit: The old code is usable but it goes to an old version of your town.

Philia

Whelp. I guess I've settled for something slightly less. She got herself in an spot that I was thinking about having a villager in. Its just an ugly inconvenient area that's too thin for bush placement or safe flower arrangements. But it'll do since that upper west section below my house is sparse for villagers anyway.

Elija2

Yes, really. And, I agree, it's a bad idea. I don't understand the reasoning but that's the way it works.

Well I know it happened on purpose, I just want to know why it happened. Someone suggested it might have happened because I hadn't updated my Dream Town in a long time, but I had been updating it every day at that point. Maybe it was just a server thing, or maybe it had something to do with how people were rating my town. Did it have to wipe my visitors count though? I mean, I only had 9 at the time, but that was a big number for me! My Dream Town has been visited a lot less since then too. Maybe people have been rating my town poorly because they hate my dirt paths. #teamdirt

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Finally getting around to putting down some pathways. This is going to take a while. Normally, I wouldn't bother but the deteriorating grass is so ugly. Who thought this was a good idea?

The mammoth skull is actually a thing in this game, right? It really exists and there's supposed to be more than just a mammoth booty in my exhibit?

Well I know it happened on purpose, I just want to know why it happened.

I've always presumed there's simply no good answer to that question because it really doesn't make any sense why it would ever have to change. I've seen suggestions here and there but all of them have been proven false. I chalked it up to poor implementation.

Koomaster

Haven't had that happen to me. Wonder why it does that? Maybe something gets corrupted when it saves to the servers. No one seems to know the answer though. Some have gotten their dream code reset several times.

Koomaster

The mammoth skull is actually a thing in this game, right? It really exists and there's supposed to be more than just a mammoth booty in my exhibit?
I wonder the same thing about the plesio neck. It's always that one dang fossil. It'll come along eventually but man does it take a while.

I remember city folk took me like 6+ months to complete the museum because I couldn't find one of the ptera wings. So frustrating. :p

I wonder the same thing about the plesio neck. It's always that one dang fossil. It'll come along eventually but man does it take a while.

I remember city folk took me like 6+ months to complete the museum because I couldn't find one of the ptera wings. So frustrating. :p

ha I actually have a plesio neck on me as we speak. I don't need it so if you want it I'll send it your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom