• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highwind

I've decided to nuke my town from orbit (demolish) :(.

Just.....I messed up really badly with my house placement, cafe placement and stones / ponds are prevent me from doing some cool things.

Luckily I have a friend who is letting me on load everything in his town.

veras

I know I don't have much luck with art trading but not only would I like to complete my collection, I should really get rid of my excess art.

The following are for trade (all legit):

Famous
Flowery
Graceful
Neutralx2
Nice
Wild

I'm looking for:

Warm
Dynamic
Calm
Scenic
Proper

I'll trade one of the paintings you need for the Wild painting. Do you have anyone moving out? I have a space and don't want to pick up a villager

Elija2

I've decided to nuke my town from orbit (demolish) :(.

Just.....I messed up really badly with my house placement, cafe placement and stones / ponds are prevent me from doing some cool things.

Luckily I have a friend who is letting me on load everything in his town.

How many hours did you put into your first town? Are you gonna be time-traveling to speed up the recovery process?

I don't think I'd ever be able to demolish my town, even if I was displeased with a few things about it. I'd hate for all the time and effort I put into my town to go to waste.

That would be great! Anything you need/want for it? I have a bunch of ores saved up. Want to pop over to my town?

Added your FC. Mine: 0903-3656-0179

only ore I'm looking for is ruby so if you have one, I won't fight ya on taking it home with me. and sure! let me add you and I'll come on over.

Highwind

I'd say maybe 20 or more hours which was mainly focused on me doing the bare minimum to get furniture for my house and bells.

I have enough bells to get my house back to how it was and yeah, I think I'll time travel a bit.

I have virtually no interesting public work projects so really the loss is minimal to me.

... 20 hours?
thats_cute.gif

My life is an inescapable whirlwind of fossils, catalogues and hybrid flowers

Elija2

I'd say maybe 20 or more hours which was mainly focused on me doing the bare minimum to get furniture for my house and bells.

I have enough bells to get my house back to how it was and yeah, I think I'll time travel a bit.

I have virtually no interesting public work projects so really the loss is minimal to me.

I guess 20 hours isn't so bad for a game like this. If it were over 100 I'd say you're crazy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's a shame you can't hand over majorship to another villager. Would save you from having to demolish your house because you're not happy with its placement.

Thanks so much, yay!

tumblr_msz2smS0DT1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_msz2u6wJH61swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Even wore my designer Fossil Tee to celebrate! ^____^

you're welcome! and thank you for the ore. I can finally work on finishing customizing my lovely furniture. also sorry if I seemed in a rush! had to go drop a chocolate cake off at my boyfriend's town after yours. he likes to decorate with delicious food.

Koomaster

you're welcome! and thank you for the ore. I can finally work on finishing customizing my lovely furniture. also sorry if I seemed in a rush! had to go drop a chocolate cake off at my boyfriend's town after yours. he likes to decorate with delicious food.
No worries. I always feel a bit awkward when someone drops by, not sure how to be the best host. I'm happy to let people explore around if they want, but if they need to just drop something off and leave right away I'm fine with that too. It's hard to communicate all that by the in-game chat though. ^___^;

Question

If you have a dream town, are the items that lay on the ground also in the dream town? Can they pick that stuff up?

Cause my beach is kinda a dream for some people I think. :) And then you wake up and... it's all gone. :)

Yes, I'm a meanie, sometimes. :)

Koomaster

Question

If you have a dream town, are the items that lay on the ground also in the dream town? Can they pick that stuff up?

Cause my beach is kinda a dream for some people I think. :) And then you wake up and... it's all gone. :)

You can pick items up in a dream town but they don't get added to your catalog. But you can leave toys and things for people to play with while they are in the dream.

Philia

Question

LOL yes, they can pick them up. I've literally thought of doing this with dresses. So a lot of my girls can just go over to my dream town and have a huge fitting room of sorts to see which dress is awesome for their character. :3

Frogstep

Anyone available to let me pop into their town for some quick signature grabs? I think Diana is finally ready to give me her pic after so much teasing.

Man, hate that I can't join in the daytime fun of this thread. Have to try and remember to check out Koo's and Avelyn's dream towns as I really like having reference points for inspiration later.

Remind me tonight and I'll update my dream town to share, mostly so people can give me some feedback on potential pwp placement, patching, and my house (only 2 rooms done for now.)

lmao! XD I didn't even think of that. One thing though, I'm graceful for is that you don't see a lot of crude names being abused in this game like say on XBLA. That's one thing I can appreciate about ACNL players in whole. :)
"We welcome our new Mayor, xXN0Sc0p3420Xx to the town of MaryJane."

The mammoth skull is actually a thing in this game, right? It really exists and there's supposed to be more than just a mammoth booty in my exhibit?
I'm pretty sure Dimetrodons migrated away before sing because they sure as hell didn't turn up here.

Thanks for the painting, veras. Slowly making my way to completion!

And thanks for stopping by, Frogstep. I know it wasn't where you wanted to be, but glad I could be of help anyway.

veras

Thanks for the painting, veras. Slowly making my way to completion!

And thanks for stopping by, Frogstep. I know it wasn't where you wanted to be, but glad I could be of help anyway.

Thank you too! Was my last painting, now to figure out how to get the last six statues

Koren

Nah, pretty sure they're all random. It just seems that way because it's my last.
Pretty sure that's the case. Even if you find the four fossils each day, there's 50% chances that the last one eludes you more than two weeks... If you're a bit unlucky (or skip a couple of fossils/days), I can see it going over one month just for the last one.

I appreciate it! Adding and heading over. :)
Any problem? (I'll stay open, anyway, you're welcome anytime)

My Dream for any interested: 5600-2156-1102

Great town! Especially like your customized furniture in the back room (alpine I think). Great stuff.

I'd love to visit more GAFers dream towns. In a perfect world we'd all be 3DS friends and on each other's BFF lists, but this is reality, so any chance to see all the good work you guys have done, I'll take. If anyone else wants to post their DC, I'd love to dream of your town!

Here's my code FYI: 5900-2158-8227

Philia

Don't you find it cute how I bid, then three hours later he said the bidding would be half an hour? If that was true she'd be in my grasp. I stopped bidding on principle after that move.

I know. Some auctions are just bullshit bell grabs for sure. :\ I hate snipe bids the worst though.

Chopper

I've island hopped easily 100 times in the last few days, and there are still items I've not even seen. Some things are very rare indeed.

Does it make a difference if I go locally or international? Are any items exclusive to your own island (hence even more irritating to get your hands on)?

Frogstep

Any problem? (I'll stay open, anyway, you're welcome anytime)

Yeah I accidentally visited a different town thinking it was yours and got it done, sorry. :<

The whole time I thought I was in your town and then I realized when I left. Sorry for the trouble.

Ok, if people want dream codes here's mine.

Weeville, 4400-2319-4679

I'm working on the overall theme for the town. But the individual houses aren't too bad for being able to tell their themes. Although I don't believe the mayor's house has one.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I still feel that one gets certain fossils more than others and it may be also vary from town to town. I'm sure I get pterodactyl parts way more often than other parts.

Koren

She accidentally made it to my town, where she finished the petition anyway.
I guessed so reading you post, thanks for the confirmation... I've experienced a connexion problem two days ago when I visited someone, so I was only checking (I've yet to experience problems when I'm hosting, though).

I've island hopped easily 100 times in the last few days, and there are still items I've not even seen. Some things are very rare indeed.
Yes. Took me three months of daily visits (plus a decent number of online island) to get a silver axe (last week). I've gotten the treasure chest, beach table and a couple others, but I'm still missing a lot of items (banded wetsuit, ship bottle, tropical vista/floor, island kitchen, kappa items, hammer, etc.)

Grym

Pretty sure that's the case. Even if you find the four fossils each day, there's 50% chances that the last one eludes you more than two weeks... If you're a bit unlucky (or skip a couple of fossils/days), I can see it going over one month just for the last one.

Feels about right. I've been stubbornly waiting on my final fossil (diplo hip) for about two weeks now.

I'd love to visit more GAFers dream towns.

I doubt mine is anything special but feel free to stop by if you ever want
Dream Code: 5800-2462-9333

Koomaster

Great town! Especially like your customized furniture in the back room (alpine I think). Great stuff.

I'd love to visit more GAFers dream towns. In a perfect world we'd all be 3DS friends and on each other's BFF lists, but this is reality, so any chance to see all the good work you guys have done, I'll take. If anyone else wants to post their DC, I'd love to dream of your town!

Here's my code FYI: 5900-2158-8227
Yeah it's a combo of both Alpine and Classic. Both sets can be refurbished so their wood types match each other.

Just paid a visit to your dream town as well. :D
Love all your hybrids and I really liked your upstairs bedroom with all the plants. Looked very cozy!

Koren

Yeah I accidentally visited a different town thinking it was yours and got it done, sorry. :<

The whole time I thought I was in your town and then I realized when I left. Sorry for the trouble.
No problem, really... Maybe I'll be able to help you next time.

Got a picture at least?

I still feel that one gets certain fossils more than others and it may be also vary from town to town. I'm sure I get pterodactyl parts way more often than other parts.
I feel the same, but it's a probability trick.

Like the one where, in a room with only 57 person, the probability that two of them share the same birthday is more than 99% (birthday paradox, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday_problem )

It would need some work to translate it into a mathematical conjecture, but I'm confident that in most of the case, one of the fossils will spawn far more often than others.

If I'm not mistaken, even if there's 67 fossils, if you dig 9 of them, there's a bit more than 50% that there's a dupe among the 9. Counterintuitive... Pretty sure that with one or two hundred, there's quite a high probabiliy that you get close to ten parts of the same dinosaur.

Edit : and if you don't believe me, try it! This webpage generate 10 numbers between 1 and 67, you'll see that you'll get a duplicate approximatively one time out of two :
http://www.random.org/integers/?num=10&min=1&max=67&col=5&base=10&format=html&rnd=new

Frogstep

No problem, really... Maybe I'll be able to help you next time.

Got a picture at least?

I'm sure of it. Doesn't hurt to have more gaffers added. :)

84ckS7o.jpg

and yup! Diana was the last of my starter villager whose pics I needed.
Now I can let her go if she ever decides to move out, as much as I like having her around. Such a pretty looking deer.

Koren

and yup! Diana was the last of my starter villager whose pics I needed.
Great...

That's even worse that each time I get a petition chore (last one for "more bodybuilding in pre-school"), I'm offline... I'm in dire need of more villagers pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom