• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

Lol! Well, I can always make him get rid of it later. It's kind of a comical item for him to even have. I already had a mental image of him using it...

The only Robo stuff I have is: chair, clock, dresser, lamp, sofa and wall clock.

Okay so you need the bed, table, closet, stereo, and tv. Okay.

Del tried to sell his custom wall clock, I fucking made sure he rebought it at retail. Fuck that.

He also have custom robo table in there too which replaced complex machine. I actually thought that he'd sell the damn bugs he had on it but nope. He also has robo dresser, lamp and uh... something else I'm forgetting. But yeah I'll order the stuff for you.

I told myself I'd get the sloppy set properly, but I caved in and got it through some... "slightly dodgy" methods.

Oh well, there are plenty of other sets I can collect properly.

Plus I was doing badly with the sloppy set anyway; only got 2 pieces in 3 months or so.

I'm starting to think that you can't damage grass when it's raining. Even when running, none of the animations/sounds that indicate wear are there, just this slushing sound.

Thoughts?

Frogstep

Okay so you need the bed, table, closet, stereo, and tv. Okay.

Del tried to sell his custom wall clock, I fucking made sure he rebought it at retail. Fuck that.

He also have custom robo table in there too which replaced complex machine. I actually thought that he'd sell the damn bugs he had on it but nope. He also has robo dresser, lamp and uh... something else I'm forgetting. But yeah I'll order the stuff for you.

I appreciate it! :) I'm sure I'll get him to kill those bugs and put cool shit in it's place! I gotta check out his place tomorrow and see what's what.

Musolf815

I'm super bummed, I was doing really well in my town, but as soon as I quit the game, my 3DS went to a black screen. I couldn't get it out of it aside from the sleep mode info screen, but then it just gets stuck on home. I brought it to my local game store, but the guy didn't seem to know what to do aside from turn it on and off. He then told me to send it to Nintendo.

I don't wanna pay 85+ bucks to get it fixed when a new system is about 50 dollars more, but at the same time I REALLY don't wanna buy another one. Is my system completely boned?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'll take one of those too, please. (Man, what am I going to give you for all this?)
Donno since I've hit of a brick wall in terms of what to do with my house.

May have to pick up a book on interior design for some inspiration.

Unless of course you have a spare bottled ship. ;)

Koomaster

Will we all be elderly citizens before anybody gets the balloon sniper medal...
How many balloons you gotta hit? I already got the silver one a couple weeks back...

tumblr_mrp21qDx2g1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Every balloon I see must die!

Also I wonder if the silver slingshot present; does shooting down both balloons count as 2 balloons for the purpose of that badge? Because I had a day a couple days ago that was constant silver slingshots flying over my town.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm super bummed, I was doing really well in my town, but as soon as I quit the game, my 3DS went to a black screen. I couldn't get it out of it aside from the sleep mode info screen, but then it just gets stuck on home. I brought it to my local game store, but the guy didn't seem to know what to do aside from turn it on and off. He then told me to send it to Nintendo.

I don't wanna pay 85+ bucks to get it fixed when a new system is about 50 dollars more, but at the same time I REALLY don't wanna buy another one. Is my system completely boned?

Man that sucks :( I think Animekatt had a similar issue and got hers fixed...I'd call Nintendo and see what they say.

How many balloons you gotta hit? I already got the silver one a couple weeks back...

tumblr_mrp21qDx2g1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Every balloon I see must die!

Also I wonder if the silver slingshot present; does shooting down both balloons count as 2 balloons for the purpose of that badge? Because I had a day a couple days ago that was constant silver slingshots flying over my town.

Yeah I got the silver one as well, which the AC wikia says is 100. Says gold is only 200, so should be doable. I know Thonky had 5000 listed at one point, which I definitely would've said fuck off to. As to the latter question...not sure. I would think two.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's amazing how rare the gold slingshot it. I've only seen it once whereas in comparison I could have probably filled my house with silver slingshots if I had kept them all.

Jak140

Man that sucks :( I think Animekatt had a similar issue and got hers fixed...I'd call Nintendo and see what they say.

Yeah I got the silver one as well, which the AC wikia says is 100. Says gold is only 200, so should be doable. I know Thonky had 5000 listed at one point, which I definitely would've said fuck off to. As to the latter question...not sure. I would think two.
Is gold really just 200? That seems low, you could get that in a half dozen island balloon mini games.

Is what I'm referring to. That would be cruel given how awful and unrewarding baloons are in this title.

Looks like Pietro the clown (goat?) is moving out of my town tomorrow.

Anyone want to coax him over to their town? PM me with your friend code.

Charitable donations and/or certain items like the lovely tea set or anything 7-11 related would be so, so appreciated...but it's not a requirement.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Hmmm, I see people mention random visits from villagers occasionally, and some even mentioned Chrissy doing it yesterday, but it's weird, every day if I'm in my house for more than 5 minutes, Chrissy will show up. Without fail.

She still hasn't given me her pic.

Acid08

Banned
Hmmm, I see people mention random visits from villagers occasionally, and some even mentioned Chrissy doing it yesterday, but it's weird, every day if I'm in my house for more than 5 minutes, Chrissy will show up. Without fail.

She still hasn't given me her pic.
Same here. Chrissy always pops in. Just give me the fucking picture already.

I also convinced Portia to stay so Margaret needs to go. One snooty too many.

Niraj

Huh, I could have sworn I got my bronze one after returning from playing the balloon mini game on the island, but that could have been a coincidence I suppose.

Probably just a coincidence. I think it's the same thing with weeds in dream towns, unfortunately.

Koomaster

I get random visits but villagers always end up giving me a piece of fruit for some reason when they come over. It's a conspiracy.

tumblr_mszirmtpeJ1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mszit05Ngm1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Even Dansbury Action News' (D.A.N.) own reporter Gloria is in on it; broadcasting to the whole town.

I got the silver balloon shooter badge recently too and I don't think I've popped that many balloons either.

BTW, if anybody's still missing the afternoon tea-set, I can secure you one for 200K or another valuable item (since it's still available in Europe).

Just PM me if you're interested (max of one per member). I've already delivered 4 and have 2 more deliveries to make.

I believe distribution ends after Saturday, so don't delay ^^

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'm the mayor goddamnit, if I want to put a Lamp next to a goddamn bench, I'm gonna do it. If I wan't a piece of shit hydrangea next to my goddamn town hall, I'm gonna do it.

The restrictions in this game are infuriating some times. I just don't understand why they are there, other than to force you to do other things. Like why can't I have 13 continuous bushes. Why do PWPs require massive free zones around them where no other PWP can be placed? It ruins the perfectionist in me having to take shortcuts and work arounds to make things acceptable.

Jak140

Probably just a coincidence. I think it's the same thing with weeds in dream towns, unfortunately.
Yeah it makes sense that what you do in dream towns doesn't count since its a dream, (although I did hear one of my villagers call a friend a stump maker after they cut a bunch of trees down in a dream). It seems like the mini games should count though, since they are considered "real" afaik, but it doesn't look like anyone has really tested it online before.

Leeness

She does let you rate the town afterwards so hopefully that prevents others from experiencing shitty towns. I went to one town this morning that was a complete mess, pitfalls planted all over, weeds, shabby homes, no flowers or PWPs. Whole town looked abandoned. Ugh. Told Luna it was a nightmare and to nix that town, haha.

Speaking of sleeping...
tumblr_msyq2sJbq41swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Someone was snoozin' when she should be unpacking. :p
(Also 9:11 on 9/11, say a prayer for America and such.)

tumblr_msyq41G4mD1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_msyq5pa6tH1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Yep, 'almost' I am sure you were just resting your eyes. ^___^

My bb! <333333

Niraj

Yeah it makes sense that what you do in dream towns doesn't count since its a dream, (although I did hear one of my villagers call a friend a stump maker after they cut a bunch of trees down in a dream). It seems like the mini games should count though, since they are considered "real" afaik, but it doesn't look like anyone has really tested it online before.

Right, it's just would have been nice with weeds since the amounts are so damn high. The logic makes sense :) I played many of the balloon tours early on before I even got bronze, so I don't think jt applies. Definitely popped over the 30 listed in the Wiki, as well as the 300 listed on Thonky. Sucks, but it could be worse I guess

Elija2

Right, it's just would have been nice with weeds since the amounts are so damn high. The logic makes sense :) I played many of the balloon tours early on before I even got bronze, so I don't think jt applies. Definitely popped over the 30 listed in the Wiki, as well as the 300 listed on Thonky. Sucks, but it could be worse I guess

Are you sure the balloon tours don't count? I could swear I got my silver balloon badge right after doing a bunch of balloon tours.

I also got the gardening badges from stealing flowers from the island tours and planting them in my town. I have no idea how that badge works, but I ended up getting the gold gardening badge with no effort. No fertilizer, no hybrid gardens, just planting flowers. According to the game my gardening skills are comparable to Philia's.

Niraj

Are you sure the balloon tours don't count? I could swear I got my silver balloon badge right after doing a bunch of balloon tours.

I also got the gardening badges from stealing flowers from the island tours and planting them in my town. I have no idea how that badge works, but I ended up getting the gold gardening badge with no effort. No fertilizer, no hybrid gardens, just planting flowers. According to the game my gardening skills are comparable to Philia's.

I honestly don't think it does, just because I know I didn't get the bronze medal until I started carrying around a slingshot just for the purposes of getting the badge. I planted flowers from the island and didn't get shit in terms of the gardening badge though lol. I'm still at bronze.

Elija2

I honestly don't think it does, just because I know I didn't get the bronze medal until I started carrying around a slingshot just for the purposes of getting the badge. I planted flowers from the island and didn't get shit in terms of the gardening badge though lol. I'm still at bronze.

But I never pop balloons in my town, and I got my silver balloon badge literally right after doing a bunch of balloon tours. Phineas wasn't in my town before doing the tours. I went to the island and came back with Phineas in my town and he gave me the badge. There's no way that was a coincidence.

As for the gardening badge, I moved a bunch of flowers around so that's probably how I got the badge. Maybe from watering them all too.

Philia

Awesome, got Pashmina change into a Preppy shirt without a problem. :3

Gonna try to change the rest. Marshal's gonna be a bitch to get. I need a blue ringmaster jacket for his and it only shows up at Gracie's.

I got Rosie, Molly, and Pashmina into permanent cute shirts that represents their favorite style/color.

EDIT: YESSSSS, just got Flurry change tops too. :D YEP. This is a very good way to go to get rid of default FAST. :D

Niraj

But I never pop balloons in my town, and I got my silver balloon badge literally right after doing a bunch of balloon tours. Phineas wasn't in my town before doing the tours. I went to the island and came back with Phineas in my town and he gave me the badge. There's no way that was a coincidence.

As for the gardening badge, I moved a bunch of flowers around so that's probably how I got the badge. Maybe from watering them all too.

I guess it depends on what the actual badge counts are *shrugs* I know I did a bunch of tours without getting any badges, and was definitely over both 30 and 300. I don't know what to tell you lol

I don't think watering would do anything, as I water daily and get nothing out of it lol. I thought the gardening badge was just from planting fruit/saplings/flower seeds, but it doesn't sound like that's how you got it. I don't know man.

Gonna try to change the rest. Marshal's gonna be a bitch to get. I need a blue ringmaster jacket for his and it only shows up at Gracie's.

I got Rosie, Molly, and Pashmina into permanent cute shirts that represents their favorite style/color.

Hopefully they never talk to each other and fuck it up somehow lol

Frogstep

Haha that's the shirt I ordered for her to wear too. I saw it on the list of gifts for her and I immediately knew it was the shirt for her.

Also, the fucking frog costume is on the list of stuff that Del can probably wear! I need to see how that looks on him tomorrow. Oh man, I can't wait!

Philia

Haha that's the shirt I ordered for her to wear too. I saw it on the list of gifts for her and I immediately knew it was the shirt for her.

Also, the fucking frog costume is on the list of stuff that Del can probably wear! I need to see how that looks on him tomorrow. Oh man, I can't wait!

Yeah she looks good in it! :D Molly looks ADORABLE in her canary shirt too. :D

EDIT: Finally Tia switched out of that ugly default green measurement shirt. Took two resets though.

Elija2

Anyone here want stripe shoes or a brown argyle skirt? Both are Gracie items.

EDIT: Interesting. If you're in the emporium past closing time and you go to a different floor you'll be forced to leave.

Almost positive that I have it cataloged, but I may have to order it...

awh well if it's not any trouble, I'd appreciate you ordering it! Boomer's current shirt is hideous. . . the woes of adopting villagers.

I actually think I have a blue ringmaster jacket. have to double check though if you're interested.

suzu

How are you guys getting them to change into different shirts? They almost always display it in their house when I try. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom