• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elija2

The reset surveillance center is pretty useless after you get Don and Resetti's pics. Mine opened up again today but it was just Don giving me the same cheery one-liners he gave me before.

The reset surveillance center is pretty useless after you get Don and Resetti's pics. Mine opened up again today but it was just Don giving me the same cheery one-liners he gave me before.
At least yours is opening. I've checked two nights after it has rained this week and it didn't open either time.

I'm not sure what's up with that. :/

At least yours is opening. I've checked two nights after it has rained this week and it didn't open either time.

I'm not sure what's up with that. :/

Mine hasn't either. It was the first PWP I built and I still don't have either of their pictures.

Or a police station.

Or a scorpion.

*sigh*

Mine hasn't either. It was the first PWP I built and I still don't have either of their pictures.
I usually don't have a problem, but it's rained twice this week, and both times the day afterward it wasn't open.

I guess there must be some sort of chance element to it too, or I'm doing something that is interfering with it. (I've been cycling campers this week, but I don't know why that should affect anything.)

has anyone used the delete all option in the camera app to get rid of all their photos before? I want to free up space after backing up all my acnl pictures but kinda paranoid about using that option. .

Philia

I actually think I have a blue ringmaster jacket. have to double check though if you're interested.

That would be great if you have it!

How are you guys getting them to change into different shirts? They almost always display it in their house when I try. D:

You give them their preferred color and style shirt and they nearly always change into it immediately. The retention rate is damn high Soleil wore her go go shirt for a month before she left.

The best items for them are listed in Thonky's villager birthday gift list. I'm using this list to prevent spread of default and ugly displayed shirts in their houses.

I've got a spare Kitty's pic if she moved out on anyone before giving it to them.

Also, anyone have this monstrosity in their town?

BT2wDUNIgAIN39c.jpg

AlabamaAngyl

Neo Member
Can I request a Feng Shui section in this thread? I'm looking for something that will update when new items are added. There are items I have that I am not sure what color they are. There is also a lack of feng shui information on how it works in additional rooms. This is my first time posting here, so I hope I haven't spoken out of turn or inappropriately.

Can I request a Feng Shui section in this thread? I'm looking for something that will update when new items are added. There are items I have that I am not sure what color they are. There is also a lack of feng shui information on how it works in additional rooms. This is my first time posting here, so I hope I haven't spoken out of turn or inappropriately.
Have you checked out Thonky's guide? I hvaen't done a lot of searching on other sites for information, but it's good for starting out at least: Thonky's Feng Shui Guide

Got Katrina today if anybody feels like coming over. The gap on Main Street is the bane of my life!

Interesting information on the Stalk Market badge; It's cumulative rather than individual sales, so if you make 10,000,000 total, you get the badge.

EDIT: I guess that makes a tonne of sense since you can't sell all your turnips at once ;_; feel like an idiot now haha.

I can't get this damn King Salmon. Any tips? I've been doing the save and continue trick like 10 times a day and checking the river mouth whenever I pass. Nothing but Chars.

I heard from a villager that Pango was thinking of leaving.

Then I bumped into her and she pinged me. You can probably guess what happened next.

*resets game*

Akai__

Does anybody have a town open, where I can catch a snail? Or does anybody have a spare bush left?

I'm not really active in this community, but how do requests usually work here? Because I would like to request other things, too.

Edit:
I have some bushes I can give you but to catch a snail you have to wait a rainy day :(

I know, I hope it will rain the next days, because it didn't for two days now. What do you want for 1 bush? :)

Frost_Ace

Does anybody have a town open, where I can catch a snail? Or does anybody have a spare bush left?

I'm not really active in this community, but how do requests usually work here? Because I would like to request other things, too.
I have some bushes I can give you but to catch a snail you have to wait a rainy day :(

Noooooo! There's this cute hamster in my campsite today (Soilel, I think it's spelled). I can't have her because my town is half full of losers that Will. Not. Move. I seriously think I'm going to buy a second cart for TT'ing villager movement as others have. :eek:

Philia, or other bellionaires, how did you guys get that much money?

I sold 5000 turnips at 566 and ended with a little over 2.3ish million after tip, but 500,000 at least goes back to the turnip fund, and I've paid off one 500,000 loan, with two more at that level and three more at 600,000. So the money is flying out the window or is spoken for already and I just got it. So frustrating. :(

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...

I sold 5000 turnips at 566 and ended with a little over 2.3ish million after tip, but 500,000 at least goes back to the turnip fund, and I've paid off one 500,000 loan, with two more at that level and three more at 600,000. So the money is flying out the window or is spoken for already and I just got it. So frustrating. :(

Tons of perfect trees and people online having a premium on the (non-native) perfect fruit letting them come over and sell.

Philia

Perfect fruit. If you ate the damn thing when you first started you're SOL. -.-' Until you get one from another's town.

Anyway, you can't lose on perfect fruit but its tedious and can take a while to watch for anyone with premium on those. Depending on your layout, you can plant up to 400 trees.

Perfect fruit in your own town will sell for 600 bells, at a friends town with a different default fruit, it'll sell for 3k. If that same friend had premium on your perfect fruit (it has to be "perfect"), it'll sell for 6k.

Now... perfect fruit is a very easy way to make money because it won't rot, you work at your own leisure, grow them at your own pace (easier for TTers even).

A perfect fruit tree last for 5 or so shakes before dropping two perfects and a rotten and it dies. To make a good return on your investment, consider investing in a lot of axes if you don't have the gold axe yet. Replant those last two perfect fruits to return it back to potential farming status and trash the rotten (I do not recommend selling it at retail, it'll set you back 400 bells a pop, so buy a trash can equivalent furniture or buy a 'trash can" PWP to install to avoid disposal fees.

With that said, you can get 15 perfects out of one tree before it dies on average. With 400 trees in full fruit, you can get 36 million on premium. Yeah. You do well to invest in an alt to carry all of the baskets in the locker to be at ready to go to someone's town with premium. The call outs in here can be sparse but with GameFaqs, Reddit, Bell Forums and other places if you know where to look, you'll be fine to unload eventually.

I had my town (perfect peach) and my husband's town (perfect cherry) so I've amassed in bells pretty quickly after my initial turnip runs (up to 45k or so).

Galactic Fork

You give them their preferred color and style shirt and they nearly always change into it immediately. The retention rate is damn high Soleil wore her go go shirt for a month before she left.

The best items for them are listed in Thonky's villager birthday gift list. I'm using this list to prevent spread of default and ugly displayed shirts in their houses.

I wonder if they can tell the color of custom designs. Francine's preferred color is blue. I gave Francine a blue polkadoted shirt (which matched her skin) and she wore it right away, but then she began wearing my school top custom design (another shade of blue)(there is nothing cuter than seeing Francine and Chrissy wearing the same outfit) and now she's wearing my sailor shirt, which is also blue.

Grym

Perfect fruit. If you ate the damn thing when you first started you're SOL. -.-' Until you get one from another's town.

One minor correction...your regular fruit trees can (rarely) produce a perfect fruit so you're not completely SOL.

I (stupidly) sold my first day perfect apple before knowing what it was. I watched and cleared my apple trees regularly and got another single perfect apple after a few harvests. I now have a small orchard of about ~40 perfect apple trees that I regularly harvest. My dresser is filling up as I await my perfect apple payday :D

Philia

I wonder if they can tell the color of custom designs. Francine's preferred color is blue. I gave Francine a blue polkadoted shirt (which matched her skin) and she wore it right away, but then she began wearing my school top custom design (another shade of blue) and now she's wearing my sailor shirt, which is also blue.

Yeah. This is what they were wearing before I finally succeeded in getting them change immediately.

Previous owner must had set his/her shirts the wrong way. -.-' Poor Tia.
BT9w-FGCUAA2N1Z.jpg

BT9wkJrCEAAOXt7.jpg

I hate that damn orange default. Now that's out thanks to your donated designs, I won't have it to worry it infecting any villagers in a horrible taste.

Galactic Fork

Yeah. This is what they were wearing before I finally succeeded in getting them change immediately.

Previous owner must had set his/her shirts the wrong way. -.-' Poor Tia.
BT9w-FGCUAA2N1Z.jpg

BT9wkJrCEAAOXt7.jpg

I hate that damn orange default. Now that's out thanks to your donated designs, I won't have it to worry it infecting any villagers in a horrible taste.

Hmm interesting, both have the preferred color beige, and they both chose shirts with a significant amount of orange.

I woke up to this:
BT9Wk0PCUAADDK1.jpg:large

For some reason, I pictured that this would be harder to grow than a blue rose.

But, I'm not complaining at all. It looks pretty nice, actually.

MicH

Poppy just moved into my TT town. Someone take her. I can't bear to let that cutie go into the void whenever she moves out :(

Philia

Poppy just moved into my TT town. Someone take her. I can't bear to let that cutie go into the void whenever she moved out :(

LOL, I see Poppy all the time in my husband's town. He somehow got alot of semi cute villagers in there. Colton (gone), Mira (gone), Maple, Poppy, Mint, Chester, Penelope along side Sparro and Limberg (who's now moving thank god). I've now put in Rosie, Merengue and soon Gayle in there. ;)

Poppy just moved into my TT town. Someone take her. I can't bear to let that cutie go into the void whenever she moves out :(

My sister's interested.

She has a villager (Sheldon) in boxes on Saturday, so if Poppy's still around by Sunday and nobody's taken her, I could hook you up.

MicH

My sister's interested.

She has a villager (Sheldon) in boxes on Saturday, so if Poppy's still around by Sunday and nobody's taken her, I could hook you up.
I'll try to get her out Sunday :)

LOL, I see Poppy all the time in my husband's town. He somehow got alot of semi cute villagers in there. Colton (gone), Mira (gone), Maple, Poppy, Mint, Chester, Penelope along side Sparro and Limberg (who's now moving thank god). I've now put in Rosie, Merengue and soon Gayle in there. ;)
My goodness so much CUTENESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom