• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Thanks again! Got Zell's pic
now I can get rid of him

Apparently "common" butterflies are super rare at this time of year, wish I knew that before I told Mitzi I'd catch one

Nice, glad it worked out for you :)

Good luck on the butterfly lol

Philia

I'm super cruel to my precious villagers. No fish, no bugs, NO GIFTING shitty shirts, NOPE, all just to keep their damn houses pristine.

Niraj

I'm super cruel to my precious villagers. No fish, no bugs, NO GIFTING shitty shirts, NOPE, all just to keep their damn houses pristine.

I give Ankha stuff and she doesn't even put it in her house. Caught her a butterfly (monarch, naturally) and gave her a couple golden cats and none of them were in her house. Oddly, she kept the black cat I gave her though. Would've thought gold was more her thing.

Frogstep

I give Ankha stuff and she doesn't even put it in her house. Caught her a butterfly (monarch, naturally) and gave her a couple golden cats and none of them were in her house. Oddly, she kept the black cat I gave her though. Would've thought gold was more her thing.

Her house in my town is still very much vanilla. She's only replaced one of her torches with a shirt that I think she's gotten from a villager, cause I sure as hell didn't give her that.

None of the stuff that I've sent her has gotten displayed. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Niraj

Her house in my town is still very much vanilla. She's only replaced one of her torches with a shirt that I think she's gotten from a villager, cause I sure as hell didn't give her that.

None of the stuff that I've sent her has gotten displayed. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Yeah that's pretty much how it is for me too. She got rid of one of her pyramids when she moved but I bought it from re-tail and gave it back to her lol. Still has both of those, the two sphinxes, the mummy casket, and the throne. Replaced the two torches with an mvp shirt from her first owner, and the black cat from me. There's also a mummy shirt I sent her that's in between the sphinx and pyramid on the left. I'm fine with it.

MicH

My Ankha got rid of a lot of her furniture :/ A torch, a pillar and a pyramid. She hasn't replaced any of it yet, so I might just order some new ones for her

Perfect fruit. If you ate the damn thing when you first started you're SOL. -.-' Until you get one from another's town.

Anyway, you can't lose on perfect fruit but its tedious and can take a while to watch for anyone with premium on those. Depending on your layout, you can plant up to 400 trees.

Perfect fruit in your own town will sell for 600 bells, at a friends town with a different default fruit, it'll sell for 3k. If that same friend had premium on your perfect fruit (it has to be "perfect"), it'll sell for 6k.

Now... perfect fruit is a very easy way to make money because it won't rot, you work at your own leisure, grow them at your own pace (easier for TTers even).

A perfect fruit tree last for 5 or so shakes before dropping two perfects and a rotten and it dies. To make a good return on your investment, consider investing in a lot of axes if you don't have the gold axe yet. Replant those last two perfect fruits to return it back to potential farming status and trash the rotten (I do not recommend selling it at retail, it'll set you back 400 bells a pop, so buy a trash can equivalent furniture or buy a 'trash can" PWP to install to avoid disposal fees.

With that said, you can get 15 perfects out of one tree before it dies on average. With 400 trees in full fruit, you can get 36 million on premium. Yeah. You do well to invest in an alt to carry all of the baskets in the locker to be at ready to go to someone's town with premium. The call outs in here can be sparse but with GameFaqs, Reddit, Bell Forums and other places if you know where to look, you'll be fine to unload eventually.

I had my town (perfect peach) and my husband's town (perfect cherry) so I've amassed in bells pretty quickly after my initial turnip runs (up to 45k or so).
Thanks for the advice. Thankfully I never sold my first one, and had the good foresight to save it. In fact, it was you who helped me plant it. :p

It just fruited for the first time today, in fact. Once it runs dry I'll start a new perfect orchard elsewhere as the area it's in now is better suited for a PWP or garden.

I guess I better start in earnest.

On an unrelated note, thanks to Aveyn, I got the tea tray I missed. I'll soon have full Astro and Modern series thanks to a fellow GAFer. And i should almost have my golden Axe too.

I am panicking though because I still haven't caught an Arowana. And I haven't had any visitors besides the Badge Nazi. Does he count as that days special visitor?

Sordid

Just loaded my game and Isabelle told me that Chester is moving out tomorrow. I've played every day recently and no-one in my town mentioned it at all :/ how rubbish.

If it was Kid Cat, Bob or Ankha I would've cried!

Frogstep

Goddamit! Change into the fucking clothes I give you, please!

I really need to get rid of the default displayed patterns they have at the Able Sisters. I have like 4 of my villagers wearing those ugly shits. D:

I really need to get rid of the default displayed patterns they have at the Able Sisters. I have like 4 of my villagers wearing those ugly shits. D:

Good thing I got rid of mine pretty much as soon as I started. I didn't even realise villagers could wear them...

Also, just convinced Pekoe to move into Aveyn! Yay!

Now to figure out where to place her house tomorrow morning...

Sordid

Oh well, does anyone want Chester? He's in boxes today and he's a pretty cool l'il cub imo:

ibxiAMQIEE6cvr.png

I don't want anything for him :)

Seigyoku

Picless update (I promise I'll upload some Boomer ones soon) of life in Neskaya:

Barely made a turnip profit last week when my final price turned out to magically be 113. Gracie also GRACED me (hur) with her presence on Saturday for what turned out to be her fourth check. Basic for the win! It did make for a meh Monday though, TYI closed for upgrades and my visitor was PETE!

Now however I'll jinx myself because my visitors since have been Redd, Sahara and Gulliver. Will Katrina turn up in the next two days? (No, because I need her!)

Woke up this morning to a downpour, which was nice because it's been a while since I've had rain, but the weird thing is, yesterday I had a meteor shower, so sky was nice and clear. But when I went digging for fossils this morning, I also dug up to gyroids. So it rained yesterday?????? This game...

I really need to make a list of nintendo/fireworks items to give away, too much crap on the ground in my town and I still need to hit Perfect Town!

Philia

Just loaded my game and Isabelle told me that Chester is moving out tomorrow. I've played every day recently and no-one in my town mentioned it at all :/ how rubbish.

If it was Kid Cat, Bob or Ankha I would've cried!

I bet you this is a damn streetpass loss. Or one of your friends with 9, but I bet you its the streetpass migration. :(

LOL, are you using the birthday gift list?

Good thing I got rid of mine pretty much as soon as I started. I didn't even realise villagers could wear them...

Also, just convinced Pekoe to move into Aveyn! Yay!

Now to figure out where to place her house tomorrow morning...

OMG congrats! :) Glad you're 2/2 for your dreamies now, although Cheri will be a bit but you're good now!

With that said, I got a pm back about Marina, turns out she's in midst of other deals with others that's lagging behind because the others aren't holding up their end of the bargain having available space at ready for their dreamies. Tsk tsk at those people. :\ This is why I don't like trading villagers, its just takes too long, inconvenient, and risky for a loss.

MicH

With that said, I got a pm back about Marina, turns out she's in midst of other deals with others that's lagging behind because the others aren't holding up their end of the bargain having available space at ready for their dreamies. Tsk tsk at those people. :\ This is why I don't like trading villagers, its just takes too long, inconvenient, and risky for a loss.
I completely agree. The process is just garbage leaving one end hanging for a long time. Glad I'm almost done.I only need Flurry and I have everyone I want.. GEEEE

My list of dream villagers looks like this currently:

Cheri
Static
Marshal
Lolly
Whitney
Kid Cat
Bob/Punchy
Chief
Ankha/Rosie
Flurry

I know I just got Ankha, but I kinda want Rosie instead now that I got her. I really like her, but I just like the others more, lol. Oh well, it's not like I'll have to make that decision just yet

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh well, does anyone want Chester? He's in boxes today and he's a pretty cool l'il cub imo:

I don't want anything for him :)
I've got a full town, but now I want the Sad Panda in my town. I had no idea Sad Panda was in this game.

I know I just got Ankha, but I kinda want Rosie instead now that I got her. I really like her, but I just like the others more, lol. Oh well, it's not like I'll have to make that decision just yet

Hey, if you don't want Ankha, I've still got 9 villagers, I'll take her off your hands :)

With that said, I got a pm back about Marina, turns out she's in midst of other deals with others that's lagging behind because the others aren't holding up their end of the bargain having available space at ready for their dreamies. Tsk tsk at those people. :\

PM'ed you a bit ago about Gayle but must have missed you. I'll try again later. :)

Frogstep

LOL, are you using the birthday gift list?

Yeah, I ordered the preppy shirt for Pashmina but she's just giving me the old "fuck that" and refusing to change out of that default yellow ducky shirt.

I did have some success with Del! I might keep experimenting with him to find something that'll match his whole theme better, but for now he is a frog in an alligator's body!

58MyEiv.jpg

Look at these two cool dudes!

Oxx

I can't believe I don't have a badge for catching fish yet.

I know that the requirement is a lot higher than diving, but still.

Seigyoku

I can't believe I don't have a badge for catching fish yet.

I know that the requirement is a lot higher than diving, but still.

That one took me ages... And I only managed to get it because I basically devoted September 1st to fishing. There were new fish AND it rained so I figured, let's finally get that damn Coelacanth. Phineas turned up the next day.

Finally got the HHA bronze badge last week too, so I'm missing four bronzes. Two I just need to apply myself (visiting towns and dream towns.) One is gonna be hell for most of us (WEEDING) and the last one is hell for me (visitors to your town) because there is no rhyme nor reason to when people can visit me and when it's All Ressetti All The Time. :(

Philia

I've got a full town, but now I want the Sad Panda in my town. I had no idea Sad Panda was in this game.

Chester is my husband's all time favorite. I highly recommend Chester. :) He makes an excellent lazy.

PM'ed you a bit ago about Gayle but must have missed you. I'll try again later. :)

Thank you SO damn much. :D I just got home from picking up hubby early (used up his PTO) and I'm so glad to catch you on your way out. :D

Yeah, I ordered the preppy shirt for Pashmina but she's just giving me the old "fuck that" and refusing to change out of that default yellow ducky shirt.

I did have some success with Del! I might keep experimenting with him to find something that'll match his whole theme better, but for now he is a frog in an alligator's body!

58MyEiv.jpg

Look at these two cool dudes!

Dawwwww! :D

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Chester is the bomb.

I'm fairly happy with my town line up right now, still need a tenth but I want to get Tom to move out as well, hopefully get two more ladies in there since I'm heavy on the dudes right now.

Right now I have:

Tom
Walker
Bunnie
Chester
Flip
Erik
Bangle
Graham
Limberg

Philia

Chester is the bomb.

I'm fairly happy with my town line up right now, still need a tenth but I want to get Tom to move out as well, hopefully get two more ladies in there since I'm heavy on the dudes right now.

LOL, that's... quite a sausage fest there. xD

After I get rid of Marshal (can't stand that fucking Shoom) and one other villager... I'll have Gayle and Merengue move in. I originally decided on Pashmina but Biskit's interior is making me sadder by day. Still though, I love Biskit's personality. Uchi's personality is iffy on me.

Rudy's personality is jock type and I still detest it but I love Rudy's design though. Rudy's interior is fantastic too. Kiddie wall and all of toys in there man, but yet he talks like his place is a fucking gym. -.-'

But yeah, once I got a lock on Marina, I'm done. I'll finally being able to visit other people's towns without worrying about getting an infected villager. I got a lot to do lol. Trade bushes with MicH, let Kami catalog all of those dresses and give frogstep the robo pieces he's missing. And give away spare paintings I've been getting. Oh yeah, and get Koomaster in here and give him his beans and have him give me some interior decor ideas.

And of course update my dream code and let everyone experience the glory that is my town when its nearly complete. :3

I just need to farm pwps from Marshal now. I've let go Del with that silly Zen Bridge because I'll never ever use it. Marshal needs to give me the shoe sculpture... Its... amusing and somehow it fits with the fairy tale theme.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
LOL, that's... quite a sausage fest there. xD

Yeah if not for Bunnie it would be pretty bad for Bangle.

I was lucky and got Gwen and Rocket to GTFO but their replacements were both dudes, cool dudes but still. I need some female infusion into my town. It's funny too cause Bunnie is constantly talking about how her and Bangle are BFFs and I'm like "Yea i wonder why."

Aptos

Is there a resource for determining the special seasonal items that are worth 7,777 HHA points? I'd like to know what these are for September!

Koren

Is there a resource for determining the special seasonal items that are worth 7,777 HHA points? I'd like to know what these are for September!
Feel a bit bad, because I forgot exactly where it's coming from and who I should credit... Pretty sure it's from a Gamefaqs FAQ.

In short, there's seasonal bugs/fish that are worth 7777 points for the whole season, and sometimes a couple of items related to the current month special event... So :
- salmons and red butterfly for all autumn
- halloween items for october
- both uncommon mushrooms for november

Code:
[Happy] Lucky items change depending on the month:
January         February          March              April
-------------   ---------------   ----------------   ----------------
Mole Cricket    Mole Cricket      Common Butterfly   Common Butterfly
Bagworm         Bagworm           Yellow Butterfly   Yellow Butterfly
Dung Beetle     Dung Beetle       Tiger Butterfly    Tiger Butterfly
Bitterling      Bitterling        Loach              Loach
Pond Smelt      Pond Smelt        Blue Feather       Blanca's Pic
Sea Butterfly   Sea Butterfly     Pink Feather
Football Fish   Football Fish     Purple Feather
Tuna            Tuna              Rainbow Feather
                Chocolate Heart   Red Feather
                                  White Feather
                                  Yellow Feather

May                June              July              August
----------------   ---------------   ---------------   ----------------
Common Butterfly   Brown Cicada      Brown Cicada      Brown Cicada
Yellow Butterfly   Robust Cicada     Robust Cicada     Robust Cicada
Tiger Butterfly    Black Cicada      Black Cicada      Black Cicada
Loach              Walker Cicada     Walker Cicada     Walker Cicada
Pink Carnations    Evening Cicada    Evening Cicada    Evening Cicada
                   Cicada Shell      Cicada Shell      Cicada Shell
                   Giant Snakehead   Giant Snakehead   Giant Snakehead
                   Sweetfish         Sweetfish         Sweetfish
                   Napoleonfish      Napoleonfish      Napoleonfish
                   Red Carnations                      Sparkler
                                                       Roman Candle
                                                       Fountain Firework

September       October             November           December
-------------   -----------------   ----------------   -------------
Red Dragonfly   Red Dragonfly       Red Dragonfly      Mole Cricket
Salmon          Salmon              Salmon             Bagworm
King Salmon     King Salmon         King Salmon        Dung Beetle
                Bug Mask            Elegant Mushroom   Bitterling
                Ghost Mask          Rare Mushroom      Pond Smelt
                Monster Mask                           Sea Butterfly
                Mummy Mask                             Football Fish
                Skeleton Hood                          Tuna
                Werewolf Hood                          Santa Coat
                                                       Santa Pants
                                                       Santa Hat
                                                       Santa Beard
                                                       Santa Boots

Elija2

Feel a bit bad, because I forgot exactly where it's coming from and who I should credit... Pretty sure it's from a Gamefaqs FAQ.

Why are the majority of the lucky HHA items bugs or fish? You'd think the festive tree would at least be lucky during December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom