• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Is there a way to back up your Save File if you have a digital copy? I'm kind of new to the 3DS, and I feel nervous about dropping the thing etc and losing all these hours. Would be very bummed . . .

Nope. There are no safeguards so if you have an SD card failure or lose your 3DS all the data and time are gone.

Yeah. Basically just keep asking for more songs and you can get all the badges in one night.

Cool. :)

The Cabana room brings the summer into my house <3

Thanks again Koala!

Np, show us a pic of your room when it is finished. :)

It's 6pm in my town right now, opening up the gate for a local friend but you two are free to come over and look for that bug if you want.

Nice. :D

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Did Chaos17 ever come back after the save corruption problem? I don't recall seeing her(?).

I pm'd him the other day. Basically said no luck getting the problem fixed and had to restart. Was going to TT to catch up and try to recoup some of the losses.

Elija2

I've caught multiple Rays over the course of many hours. It's just hard to catch a specific rare fish in a small time window ;)

Funnily enough I managed to catch a blue marlin which is what you've been looking for, but not a ray. Maybe we should switch towns or something.

Linius

Funnily enough I managed to catch a blue marlin which is what you've been looking for, but not a ray. Maybe we should switch towns or something.

Aaaw man, that's sucky :lol

Jay was also smart enough to ask me at 11pm, like two hours before his bedtime :(

Elija2

I pm'd him the other day. Basically said no luck getting the problem fixed and had to restart. Was going to TT to catch up and try to recoup some of the losses.

That really sucks. I recall Sats getting her game corrupted as well and I think she just stopped playing. I'm glad I went physical, but I still feel for those that lost all their progress.

It's so stupid that Nintendo released a system update that allows you to back up games but disabled it for Animal Crossing.

Niraj

So what are some favorite songs of the community? I really dig (in no particular order):

K.K. D&B
K.K. Cruisin'
K.K. Synth
K.K. Condor
K.K. Jongara
Lucky K.K.

off the top of my head, probably missing a few. Just curious :)

That really sucks. I recall Sats getting her game corrupted as well and I think she just stopped playing. I'm glad I went physical, but I still feel for those that lost all their progress.

It's so stupid that Nintendo released a system update that allows you to back up games but disabled it for Animal Crossing.

I agree, super unfortunate.

Linius

The most stupid thing about this request was that I have almost every rare fish in my locker except for the Blue Marlin. Oh well.

EDIT

K.K. Ragtime
Rockin' K.K.
K.K. Ska

Top of my mind that is.

Aww, that's what I thought when I hadn't seen his name pop up in a couple days. Was hoping to see a miraculous good news post show up but at least he's giving it another go.

So what are some favorite songs of the community?

Ragtime and Swing are my current favorites but I've barely scratched the surface of the music. I'm trying to spread it out and make the music last as long as possible.

Linius

Aww, that's what I thought when I hadn't seen his name pop up in a couple days. Was hoping to see a miraculous good news post show up but at least he's giving it another go.

I don't know what I would do if my save would disappear. Can't really imagine myself starting over again. Maybe just booting a new game to screw around and TT and do all the stuff God forbid :p

Niraj

I don't know what I would do if my save would disappear. Can't really imagine myself starting over again. Maybe just booting a new game to screw around and TT and do all the stuff God forbid :p

If it happened to me, you'd hear my scream all the way over there.

Gonna request ragtime next since a couple of you listed it :)

Elija2

So what are some favorite songs of the community? I really dig (in no particular order):

I have too many favourites:

K.K. Bossa
K.K. Mambo
K.K. Cruisin'
K.K. D&B
K.K. Technopop
I Love You
Two Days Ago
My Place
K.K. Marathon
Marine Song 2001
Steep Hill
Spring Blossoms
K.K. House
K.K. Stroll
K.K. Milonga
K.K. Jongara
Bubblegum K.K.
K.K. Synth
K.K. Disco

Some I only like the aircheck, and some I only like the live version.

Philia

And I've finally caught my scorpion!!!! FINALLY.

:replants perfect peaches EVERYWHERE:

I was very lucky to find him in a wide bare space of land that I've made on purpose for this catch. He wasn't panicky like the others I've seen, so I must had some serious luck today.

Now I can concentrate on my money making fruit. My mule character will be carrying it. Her name is Annie FYI for you guys.

Animekatt

K.K. D&B
K.K. Cruisin'
K.K. Synth
K.K. Condor
K.K. Jongara
Lucky K.K.

off the top of my head, probably missing a few. Just curious :)

That was the random song he played for me tonight for my album. I love love love the live performance of it.

I also like:
K.K. Groove
Forest Life
Bubblegum K.K.

I'd be devastated but I'd probably come back, like a glutton, for more. Definitely with time traveling though to play a few days at once to catch-up and rebuild.

If only there was a safe, non-exploitable account and backup system available to us. It'd nice to have some presence of mind but Nintendo is stubbornly YOLO! with our save files.

Hurrah! Thanks for the tweeter BTW. I've been annoying my villagers with it for quite some time.

Niraj

The K. Funk
K.K. House
K.K. Blues
K.K. Technopop
and now of course K.K. D&B are some of my favorites out of the 10 I have heard and cataloged so far.

K.K. House is really sweet too, just requested that one :)

I have too many favourites:

K.K. Bossa
K.K. Mambo
K.K. Cruisin'
K.K. D&B
K.K. Technopop
I Love You
Two Days Ago
My Place
K.K. Marathon
Marine Song 2001
Steep Hill
Spring Blossoms
K.K. House
K.K. Stroll
K.K. Milonga
K.K. Jongara
Bubblegum K.K.
K.K. Synth
K.K. Disco

Some I only like the aircheck, and some I only like the live version.

I'm the same way. I was surprised by how decent Synth was live. Figured it wouldn't translate too well, but it got better as it went on. And K.K. Disco, that one is really good too, always slips my mind.

:replants perfect peaches EVERYWHERE:

I was very lucky to find him in a wide bare space of land that I've made on purpose for this catch. He wasn't panicky like the others I've seen, so I must had some serious luck today.

Now I can concentrate on my money making fruit. My mule character will be carrying it. Her name is Annie FYI for you guys.

Well done :p

That was the random song he played for me tonight for my album. I love love love the live performance of it.

I also like:
K.K. Groove
Forest Life
Bubblegum K.K.

Bubblegum K.K. is pretty cool too. I'll have to request that one.

Linius

I'd be devastated but I'd probably come back, like a glutton, for more. Definitely with time traveling though to play a few days at once to catch-up and rebuild.

If only there was a safe, non-exploitable account and backup system available to us. It'd nice to have some presence of mind but Nintendo is stubbornly YOLO! with our save files.

Hurrah! Thanks for the tweeter BTW. I've been annoying my villagers with it for quite some time.

I'm glad I have the physical copy, don't expect anything to happen. But a back-up system would have been nice yes.

Niraj

LOL, I'm HALFWAY there to my ATM and THAT GOLD BADGE damn it. :D

Isn't the gold badge a billion bells? Good luck with that shit lol

Bubblegum K.K. live is pretty sweet! That's...probably not a pun

And bluepolicebox, you might be happy to hear that Muffy is in Club LOL with me. I'm thinking about sitting right in front of her to block her view.

Niraj

Well that's generous of them lol. After the diving one, I figured their treachery knew no bounds

Alright, so I've got an extra legit worthy painting for trade, and I'm looking for other legit artwork. (With a preference toward statues, but I'll accept anything I need.)

These are the pieces of art that I still need:

amazing painting
basic painting
calm painting
fine painting
graceful painting
jolly painting
moving painting
neutral painting
nice painting
perfect painting
proper painting
quaint painting
scary painting
scenic painting
serene painting
warm painting
wild painting
wistful painting

ancient statue
beautiful statue
gallant statue
great statue
mystic statue
robust statue

Niraj

ramyeon

Gotta say, I kind of dislike event days in this game. Due to Fireworks Town Hall is closed all day, can't work at the cafe etc. they seem to close off a lot of the daily routine stuff all because of an event that doesn't even happen until 7pm.

Stuff like the Bug-Off or whatever are okay since they're slightly more involved and less frequent though.

I'd think the Streetpasses badge are the worse. :\

lol. Well one gold I'll never get is the streetpass one. I doubt I'll even get bronze :/

Yeah, the Streetpass badge was not made for those who don't frequent Japanese cities or conventions.

Dream chamber gold badge is HELL *^*
Though it isn't that bad. You just need to grind Nintendo Town over and over and over.

Ellix

The most insidious badge has to be the gold for picking weeds. You need to pick 5000 weeds. If your town spawns 2-3 weeds daily, that means you must pick 2-3 weeds daily for 4-7 years. And of course, Beautiful Town lowers that spawn even more. I've read that picking weeds in dreams don't count, but it does to pick weeds in other towns. So basically, short of having someone's town time travel to amass weeds and then going over to pick them, good luck getting this badge anytime soon.

In terms of my top K.K. picks:
Forest Life
Imperial K.K.
K.K. D&B
K.K. Gumbo
K.K. Jongara
K.K. Metal
Space K.K.

Niraj

The most insidious badge has to be the gold for picking weeds. You need to pick 5000 weeds. If your town spawns 2-3 weeds daily, that means you must pick 2-3 weeds daily for 4-7 years. And of course, Beautiful Town lowers that spawn even more. I've read that picking weeds in dreams don't count, but it does to pick weeds in other towns. So basically, short of having someone's town time travel to amass weeds and then going over to pick them, good luck getting this badge anytime soon.

In terms of my top K.K. picks:
Forest Life
Imperial K.K.
K.K. D&B
K.K. Gumbo
K.K. Jongara
K.K. Metal
Space K.K.

Requested most of these already, but gonna check out Forest Life next.

And yeah, the weed pulling one is awful. Way too high.

Velcro Fly

If you were going to pax prime in a month or so you could probably get the bronze streetpass badge at least. would probably take quite a few cons to get gold.

Busaiku

Maybe the Weed Badge is supposed to be the final, endgame badge.
Like you're done with the game, so you let your town rot.

Philia

Maybe the Weed Badge is supposed to be the final, endgame badge.
Like you're done with the game, so you let your town rot.

It'd not be that hard. Lets say my husband gives up on this game a few months in. Let his game rot for a month. I'll go in there, weed everything. Then leave and roll his game back back to the previous day, wouldn't the weeds still be there to be pulled?

It'd not be that hard. Lets say my husband gives up on this game a few months in. Let his game rot for a month. I'll go in there, weed everything. Then leave and roll his game back back to the previous day, wouldn't the weeds still be there to be pulled?

I don't think so weeds do weird things with time travel. I'd time traveled to October and winter in my first town for the review, and then when I came back to current day the weeds and bulletin board messages were still there.

One thing to note though is that after a certain point, Leif shows up and turns weed pulling into a mini-game with a timer and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom