• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day without Gracie. What did I expect anyways.

So, could someone help me grab some signatures for my bro Frank?
If no one has volunteered you can visit my town. I'm using a guest network at work and there is a minute or two for registration to go through once I've signed on. Give me a second and I'll open the gate.

EDIT: Wasn't thinking. It's 4 in the morning here so there probably are not enough villagers wandering about for sigs.

Linius

Yeah, that's too late indeed. No problem. For the coming twenty minutes I need to put my request on hold anyways because Flurry will be visiting in 20 minutes and I guess grabbing signatures on the clock will be hard with little time :p

But after that my request is up again, so if anyone can open up I'd like that.

Yeah, that's too late indeed. No problem. For the coming twenty minutes I need to put my request on hold anyways because Flurry will be visiting in 20 minutes and I guess grabbing signatures on the clock will be hard with little time :p

But after that my request is up again, so if anyone can open up I'd like that.
No problem :)

Koren

I'll be available after that if you want. I'll open my doors, I'm pretty sure nearly all of them will be awake.

Someone on GameFAQs just gave me Stitches for free. I am constantly bowled over by how generous so many AC players are. Our GAF community here is amazingly helpful and nice, and almost every single person I've dealt with on other sites have been very pleasant.

:)

Linius

Well that was dissapointing, got a school speaker from Frank :p

Anyways I got some good news on the villagers front because Claudia will be leaving me next week. That means Beau can move in. Only downside is that Claudia was my only Snooty in town so I hope I can get Ankha as soon as possible (highly unlikely :p).

Another tease, Fang the awesome wolf villager is in my campsite but I have no room obviously :(

Also Koren, your town looks great man. Love the way you layed out the paths. But also very cool PWP placement.

Chopper

For a new page, I have a spare pair of Island Flip Flops that I would like to trade for an Orange Wetsuit, or other island item.

Island hopping bagged me Flip Flops, a Jacuzzi and a beach chair yesterday, so not bad. But I probably hopped...50 times to get those? There's still items I've never seen.

Did finish my Mermaid Series though.

Also, is it me, or are Cabana Wall and Floor pretty elusive too? I'm sure I've only ever seen Mermaid walls and floors. And a Tropical Floor once.

Edit: Is there anyone here with an unusually large amount of gold roses? Or is everyone on BT, so can't be bothered to get them, like me?

Linius

Cabana wall and floor are indeed hard to come by. The rest of the set not so much. It's mostly Mermaid floors and walls you'll see on the island.

Koren

Does anyone have a spare cedar sapling or two?
I've just left three of them in front of my station, you can come pick them up if you want (but I'm busy, I won't be able to chat...)

That's unfortunate :(

Also Koren, your town looks great man. Love the way you layed out the paths. But also very cool PWP placement.
Thanks, that really means much for me. I've kinda put my PWP building on hold as long as I'm not satisfied with the planning on the paper (30 limit is a bit problematic), I hope I'll be able to finish this soon.

Chopper

I've just left three of them in front of my station, you can come pick them up if you want (but I'm busy, I won't be able to chat...)
Thanks alot dude!

You are contributing to a part of my town that I am completely redesigning. Exciting stuff!

Edit! GAH! Resetti as I was leaving! Are you able to open up again?!

Chopper

Opened again...

Sorry for the delay, I hadn't seen the resetti error :(
Thanks man. I'll just pop in and out again. I'm at work. Never had an error as I was leaving before. Unlucky.

Oooohh. the emporium looks fancy.
I don't want to hear it. I'm still only at two checks.:(

Still, got Sahara today. That's something.

Also, got a meteor shower tonight. Woo hoo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
HA HA. Went to Club Tort and someone had just arrived before me. They checked the items, I checked the items. They went home, I went home.

Yesssssssss.

Finally caught my fucking Arowana with just days to spare. So relieved!

...Might try to catch another for my house.

EDIT: Just caught another one. LOL, OK game. Nothing for weeks but two in five minutes. Getting the shit trolled out of me.

I'm surprised to read it was such a problem. I feel like I've catch dozen of those...
Same for me with Scorpions with other people. When I played at night (past 8) for more than 20 minutes, I run across at least 1 or 2. One night I found 3 scorpions and 1 or 2 tarantulas.

But nothing for a while, so it's weird. And there were dry spells with a few fruitless hours spent looking.

Koren

Thanks man. I'll just pop in and out again. I'm at work. Never had an error as I was leaving before. Unlucky.
Yes... I don't see resetti a lot here either...

BTW, should you need more, I still have a couple of them, since I'm stockpiling them to get some special stump patterns later (my cedar grove is already set).

I don't want to hear it. I'm still only at two checks.:(
Try spending money at the shop. Still not convinced it's a requirement for EACH check beside the first one, but I got 2nd and 3rd quickly when I was buying things, then had trouble getting the last one, which happend after spending a lot by ordering in the shop. It seems that I'm not alone in this.

So while it's not a given, it worth a try. I'm pretty sure you can spare a couple of bells... (the threshold may be 70k, and by putting items on sale at Re-Tail at buying price minus 1 bell, you van get your money back, as long as item are sub-10k...)

Koren

Same for me with Scorpions with other people. When I played at night (past 8) for more than 20 minutes, I run across at least 1 or 2. One night I found 3 scorpions and 1 or 2 tarantulas.
Not surprising, it's based on ingame luck.

When you're lucky (I think now that normal, random daily luck, items in the house and lucky wearable item are cumulative), you can probably see a dozen of scorpions/tarentulas in a single night (there was a night where I saw MORE scorpions that during the whole month spent chasing them)

And the town itself change the probabilities. I have a lot of trees, so the spawn rate of scorpions was probably low in my town. But I have a pretty long river, so more chances for a fish to spawn, I guess...

The only difference is that you can catch an arowana in any village, so increasing your chances by going to a village where they spawn more often. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for scorpions/tarentulas :(

Anyway, that's great you found one...

Can't wait for sunday so I can catch a mitten crab and be done for september...

So, this is a new one for me. Yesterday I fell in a pitfall while TTing Gayle out of the other town and Bob happened to be standing right there. He started doing the distress emote over me which is very unhelpful.

tumblr_mt2cowJjEj1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Of course, when the tables were turned, I couldn't help the little powderpuff out.

tumblr_msqib0KUCD1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

It's too bad we can't give them a hand.

Try spending money at the shop.

Linius and Niraj haven't been very successful with this theory unfortunately. They both tried it several times and Niraj got Gracie once then not again. And it didn't work for Linius at all.

Koren

Linius and Niraj haven't been very successful with this theory unfortunately. They both tried it several times and Niraj got Gracie once then not again. And it didn't work for Linius at all.
That's unfortunate...

I have trouble with other visitors myself... I have welcomed Katrina only twice (and I play DAILY since mid-june). I haven't seen Redd since august either :(

(got my gold-badge-of-shame yesterday, too... for >500h, and I use alts...)

Chopper

That's unfortunate...

I have trouble with other visitors myself... I have welcomed Katrina only twice (and I play DAILY since mid-june). I haven't seen Redd since august either :(

(got my gold-badge-of-shame yesterday, too... for >500h, and I use alts...)
Katrina twice?! Woah. I think I've been pretty lucky, in as far as I've had guests in pretty much equal amounts. Although, Pete is around far too often. And a couple of times I've had no-one at all!

Anyone got a couple of bamboo shoots?

MicH

Anyways I got some good news on the villagers front because Claudia will be leaving me next week. That means Beau can move in. Only downside is that Claudia was my only Snooty in town so I hope I can get Ankha as soon as possible (highly unlikely :p).

Another tease, Fang the awesome wolf villager is in my campsite but I have no room obviously :(

When is she moving? I'll try to get Beau ready

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
So, this is a new one for me. Yesterday I fell in a pitfall while TTing Gayle out of the other town and Bob happened to be standing right there. He started doing the distress emote over me which is very unhelpful.

tumblr_mt2cowJjEj1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Of course, when the tables were turned, I couldn't help the little powderpuff out.

tumblr_msqib0KUCD1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

It's too bad we can't give them a hand.

Well at least Bob had the decency to look distressed. You were just smiling at Flurry's trouble. Shame! SHAAAAAME!!!

(plus the way you're holding the shovel looks sinister)

(Snake still keeps trying to move next door! NO SNAKE!! BAD SNAKE! Move with the other peasants.

Koomaster

Katrina twice?! Woah. I think I've been pretty lucky, in as far as I've had guests in pretty much equal amounts. Although, Pete is around far too often. And a couple of times I've had no-one at all!

Anyone got a couple of bamboo shoots?
I have 2 if you want them, fresh grown this morning. I also have your LED display. Let me know a good time for you to drop by today and I'll be sure to be online.

Jak140

I just had Gracie drop by for the first time yesterday and after reading all the stories of people not seeing her for months on end, I decided to take no chances and just time travel back a day then forward a day (making sure to talk to all my villagers each time to be sure no one moved out) to get all 4 checks done in one go. Maybe a little lame, but since I have all the orderable furniture items cataloged already, I really want the emporium so I have something to look forward to again when visiting the shops. Plus I didn't want to risk missing out on the fall Gracie items and then have to wait a whole year for another chance to get them.

Chopper

I have 2 if you want them, fresh grown this morning. I also have your LED display. Let me know a good time for you to drop by today and I'll be sure to be online.
Fantastic. Thanks buddy. Would you mind coming to me? I'm desperately trying to get my visitor total up so I can remodel the station! Plus, I'm at work, so it's easier for me to leave my gate open. Which I can do any time now...

chunk3rvd

Can snails be caught on any bush as long as it's in flower? I have some due to bloom in 3 days. Not sure if I should wait for those or f I have to go island hopping today for a red hibiscus and then pray it rains on the 15th or 16th (when I think hibiscus flowers disappear)

Would anyone with a vacancy be interested in Marina? She's in my campsite and I could invite her in to give away if someone would like her.

Caveat: This little pink octopus is a keeper. I really hate seeing villagers I've adopted out tossed away shortly afterwards.

Edit: I have some work to do so I invited her in regardless. If someone wants to give her a permanent home, let me know and we'll figure it out.

Frost_Ace

Would anyone with a vacancy be interested in Marina? She's in my campsite and I could invite her in to give away if someone would like her.

Caveat: This little pink octopus is a keeper. I really hate seeing villagers I've adopted out tossed away shortly afterwards.

I'd like to have her but have no space at the moment :(

Koomaster

It's three days I can't find 2 fossils in my town WTF :|

can they be under a path or something? Because I've looked EVERYWHERE.
Just walk slowly through your town looking behind every flower. I've noticed red roses especially mask fossils. Also as Chopper said, check behind bushes too.

Yup, we're going to trade on Sunday.

BTW, I've kind of lost track of things, but you wanted one too, right?

Are you available to trade right now or soon? : )

EDIT

Oh, I might be visiting another town shortly.

I did indeed. Unfortunately, I'll be busy for a bit. Should be able to trade in an hour or so though.

Can snails be caught on any bush as long as it's in flower? I have some due to bloom in 3 days. Not sure if I should wait for those or f I have to go island hopping today for a red hibiscus and then pray it rains on the 15th or 16th (when I think hibiscus flowers disappear)

Any Bush that's full grown. Doesn't need to be in bloom I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom