• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll order that green heart balloon for you.

BTW, do you need any other StreetPass items? I saw a whole bunch of bags in your basement, but the game doesn't say what they are.

I have a few spare pinwheels and ice cream on me and I get them semi-frequently.

Nah, I've got all 8 ice scream and pinwheels. (And tweeter and bubbles.) Thanks for the offer though.

Chopper, did you delete me from your friend list? I cannot find your town.

KsaNUs1.jpg
ARkd8TI.jpg

G5hjAfl.jpg
TuKDDNt.jpg

1BvULuX.jpg
JvJGpro.jpg

h9MrQPW.jpg
J6treal.jpg

mxvYDYs.jpg
rTDO2Hj.jpg

Koren

meep been busy with schoolwork but I am available all day today to come get it! thank you again!
If you're around, I'm opening now. If you're not, I'll open again later !

Stopped in :) thanks for opening

Edit: ugh, actually resetti'd on the way out :/
Wanted to increase his counter, but indeed, I can't... :(

Neat. Papa Bear got the following custom suggestions: Pink Marble, Red Tartan, Blue Stripe, Flower Print, and Leopard. I'm obviously getting pink marble. :D

I'm gonna customize all of my teddies now lol. While waiting on Marina. :3
Mmm... Now, I want a giant Care Bear...

I'm so glad you showed up otherwise I'd have mentioned you'd want him. :) Just be sure to TALK TO your villagers (all of them, include the damn recluses and shoppers (you'll need to save/reset to get them back into town to talk/ping) DAILY AND more than 3 times so you won't have any nasty surprise movers. And for fuck sakes, make sure your fiance tells you when he's at 9 or when someone's moving in his town.

Heh. Yeah, Moe is one of my OG homies. It'd be really awesome to have him again.

I've had villagers asking to leave every day now. Yesterday it was Deena and day before was Kiki. So fingers crossed.

Oxx

The fact that the game doesn't pop-up flashing progress-bars when you contribute towards badges ensures that it's hugely exciting when you see the badge bear.

But I wish I knew how many Streetpasses I have had. It's a long way between bronze and silver.

Still, another 17 passes today.

<3 LOL. :D Someone made a blog on custom but s/he didn't cover every custom.

Also, where do you guys put your windmills? I know where I'm putting my lighthouse (near cliff, overlooking the ocean).

I think you saw mine, but mine's along a path that's directly above the river.

It also happens to be aligned with my house (below) and the event plaza (above).

Koren

I'm here but I don't think you have me added. FC is 1805 - 2962 - 4299!
My apologies, I thought I had... I've opened again.

<3 LOL. :D Someone made a blog on custom but s/he didn't cover every custom.
I love designing patterns (last one is Flammy from Secret of Mana, pretty satisfied with this one). If you can use a custom pattern on a bear, I'll definitively use it.

Also, where do you guys put your windmills? I know where I'm putting my lighthouse (near cliff, overlooking the ocean).
My lighthouse is on the cliff, overlooking the ocean, at the top of the ramp coming from the beach and close to the fall.

Since the windmill was pretty close in size (looks like a mini-building when compared to houses), I've put it quite close to the lighthouse, bordering the river, facing one of my paths and near one of the bridge. It was pretty much a test, initially, but I like it there.

Philia

I think you saw mine, but mine's along a path that's directly above the river.

It also happens to be aligned with my house (below) and the event plaza (above).

Yeah, I'm planning out my town with the pwps. I know I want the picnic blanket, windmill, lighthouse, wisteria trellis, chair sculpture, outdoor chair, bell, cube sculpture, and Topiaries down the road.

MicH

WARNING: HUGE picture dump coming at ya!

tumblr_mt2wlaTMxu1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Doing what I do best. Gossiping with Lolly

tumblr_mt2wmlbNmB1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Gazing upon the river with my gal, Whitney

tumblr_mt2wo1v1xx1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Another picture from Phoebe!

tumblr_mt2wpgfZGg1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Oooh, so pretty!

tumblr_mt2wqzamdM1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Convinced Kid Cat to move in :D

tumblr_mt2wsyo8iX1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Convinced Ankha to move in.. look at that stare. Jesus!

tumblr_mt2wviyApv1svgayqo1_400.jpg

.. aaand I convinced Bob to move in :D

tumblr_mt2wu9dBO81svgayqo1_400.jpg

Oooh, I've certainly completed a lot of my villagers' silly requests :eek:

tumblr_mt2x0zmetQ1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Grandma Whitney enjoying the fire in her rocking chair.. awww

tumblr_mt2wwwnapH1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Posin' in KooMaster's town.. ALL IN A DREAM

tumblr_mt2wyb04fN1svgayqo1_400.jpg

I'll never forget you, Snake :(

tumblr_mt2wzpDMOP1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Built the windmill in a really nice spot, I think. On the left is the train station and the Re-Tail is n the right.

Philia

WARNING: HUGE picture dump coming at ya!
tumblr_mt2wviyApv1svgayqo1_400.jpg

.. aaand I convinced Bob to move in :D

tumblr_mt2wzpDMOP1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Built the windmill in a really nice spot, I think. On the left is the train station and the Re-Tail is n the right.

Dawww, I like Bob's wall/floor combo definitely. :3

That's a definite nice spot for the Windmill. I wasn't sure if to put it in front of the river or in the back facing the river. And your grass had restored near your main house! Good job! :D

MicH

Dawww, I like Bob's wall/floor combo definitely. :3

That's a definite nice spot for the Windmill. I wasn't sure if to put it in front of the river or in the back facing the river. And your grass had restored near your main house! Good job! :D
Thank you! My grass still has a long way to go. The grass in front of my house is looking good, but the grass behind it is looking terrible, haha.

I personally think it would look great in front of the river. But either way will definitely look great!

Elija2

Oh man, I didn't know villagers give different goodbyes when moving out if you didn't talk to them about it. Katt is all like "Oh by the way, I'm moving out. Seeya!" when Pate and Barold were like "Thanks for being a good friend, I hope we'll see each other again." I guess I shouldn't have avoided her when I knew she was moving out. I wonder if this will affect getting her picture in the mail.

Koren

Thank you! My grass still has a long way to go. The grass in front of my house is looking good, but the grass behind it is looking terrible, haha.
I don't understand how it works, really. There is places in my town where grass is worn out. I haven't even *walked* there since the beginning of august.

What can you do to regrow grass? Plant flowers? Do you need to water them?

Philia

I don't understand how it works, really. There is places in my town where grass is worn out. I haven't even *walked* there since the beginning of august.

What can you do to regrow grass? Plant flowers? Do you need to water them?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78948333&postcount=10879

TT is just your best way to get it back. Your villagers walking all over them has an effect too which can be why some grass wear so much worse in other areas where you've not been to.

MicH

I just try not to walk on the grass. But it is almost impossible in many areas, hence why the grass behind my house is the worst (since it's the only way to go as the river is in front of the house)

Decided to add myself to the list started a few pages ago. You guys should too! :D

GAF Dream Town Codes

Koomaster: 5600-2156-1102
WheelHoss1: 5900-2158-8227
weemadarthur: 4400-2319-4679
Grym: 5800-2462-9333
Aveyn Knight: 6900-2317-4852
MicH: 6900-2174-3954

Koomaster

Scrolling through I was like; 'Wow your house looks exactly like mine.' Then I was all; 'Wait, is that my path too?' Then I saw Deirdre in the background and you in PJ's and I realized what was going on. :p

tumblr_mt2wwwnapH1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Posin' in KooMaster's town.. ALL IN A DREAM
Woot! Glad you liked my standee! :D

Just posting my dream address the other day, you guys have doubled my dream visitor count. Thanks a lot to everyone who visited! ^____^

Philia

Scrolling through I was like; 'Wow your house looks exactly like mine.' Then I was all; 'Wait, is that my path too?' Then I saw Deirdre in the background and you in PJ's and I realized what was going on. :p

Pardon me for saying so, but I think the yellow flowers would look fantastic around that cabin house.

Gold roses would work but it would clash with your rustic theme.

LOL

Was too lazy to write captions today. Nice pics, MicH. Wish more people would post pics, but it is a pain to use that slow-ass uploader.

Koomaster

Pardon me for saying so, but I think the yellow flowers would look fantastic around that cabin house.

Gold roses would work but it would clash with your rustic theme.
I'll have to check that out. I have a bunch of yellow flowers in front of the house (just outside of that screenshot) so I used red/white to balance it out. But maybe it would look better reversed.

LOL

Was too lazy to write captions today. Nice pics, MicH. Wish more people would post pics, but it is a pain to use that slow-ass uploader.

Sounds like a challenge; I'll try and upload some pics tomorrow...

BTW, does anybody want to grab the kappa costume (shirt) from my island? Costs about ~30 medals.

I won't be around for long though.

MicH

Is it possible to upload pics using a free hosting service? I'd like to post pics too, but I'm a bit reluctant to create an account just for this... especially on a social network of some sort.
I use Tumblr and it's perfect. Very easy to use. I know it says it's unavailable at the moment, but it's been working fine for me since.. well, it always has :p

Elija2

Does anyone want to come to my town and buy Gracie stuff? I don't know how many people have the emporium yet so I figured someone might be interested.

Is it possible to upload pics using a free hosting service? I'd like to post pics too, but I'm a bit reluctant to create an account just for this... especially on a social network of some sort.

I use this website to upload pictures to imgur directly from my 3DS. It works really well.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I've got some pics that I forgot to post. I'll try to next time I'm on a computer. I take a ton that are villager conversations, but I always feel bad about just spamming a bunch of pics all the time :/

Koomaster

I use Tumblr and it's perfect. Very easy to use. I know it says it's unavailable at the moment, but it's been working fine for me since.. well, it always has :p
Yeah I signed up to Tumblr specifically to post ACNL pics. :)

For some reason signing into Tumblr from the 3DS just takes forever the first time you do it. Might even take a few tries if it errors out. I am guessing that is why they say that option is 'unavailable' right now. Hopefully they are working on how to fix that. But you can do it; just got to keep trying.

Every once in a while it will ask you to reauthorize the 3DS to access your Tumblr, but that isn't broken since it keeps you signed in. Just click the allow button and it's fine.

MicH

Oh, I wanted to show you guys this:

tumblr_mt32icItcm1svgayqo1_400.jpg

It looks a little cluttered on the map, but it look great when you see it. It's like a little neighborhood and I love it :D The only thing that annoys me is that Lolly (top right) and Marshal (bottom left) are not completely aligned with the other houses.

Chopper

Edit: Scrap that, my Wifi is a piece of shit and I can't open my gate.

It looks a little cluttered on the map, but it look great when you see it. It's like a little neighborhood and I love it :D The only thing that annoys me is that Lolly (top right) and Marshal (bottom left) are not completely aligned with the other houses.
Is this your town?!

MicH

You must have been resetting for hours!
Actually, it wasn't bad. Many of them, especially the last three (Kid Cat, Ankha and Bob) just fell into place. None of them took longer than an hour. So yeah, I've been pretty lucky in that regard.

Both of our rivers bend 5 times. I check and the most you can have is 6 bends. I'll take it!

And yea, it looks awesome in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom