• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

Pardon me for saying so, but I think the yellow flowers would look fantastic around that cabin house.

Gold roses would work but it would clash with your rustic theme.
Took your advice and completely redid all the flowers near my house, putting the yellow flowers around it per your suggestion...

tumblr_mt46sllfVA1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mt46r6Uq9O1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Thanks for the push Philia; I really like how it turned out! :D

tumblr_mt475zcUNz1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Dang right it's been too long, where have you been?!?!?!

tumblr_mt4774BG821swqxw3o1_400.jpg

This was right after 6am so I decided to go with my gut instincts since I didn't feel like going all the way to the PC to look up a guide for 'official' style.
One more fashion check to go! :D

Question: My Dad plays AC downloaded from the eStore, if he makes an entire copy of his SD card to the computer will that count as a 'backup' in case of SD card corruption?

Question: My Dad plays AC downloaded from the eStore, if he makes an entire copy of his SD card to the computer will that count as a 'backup' in case of SD card corruption?

Only if it's the most recent save. AC has a save modification check when it loads up to make sure that the last save the game made and the save that's on the SD card agree with each other. Otherwise it treats it as though shenanigans were attempted and locks you out of the data.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Random question for everyone.

I'm putting together a flower based design and I have two options, make the patches just from roses or mix in a few other breeds:

tumblr_mt48ozPsON1svkqkfo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mt48ozPsON1svkqkfo2_400.jpg

Red with just roses and red with tulips mixed in. It's not too bad since the shades of red are very similar.

tumblr_mt48ozPsON1svkqkfo4_400.jpg
tumblr_mt48ozPsON1svkqkfo3_400.jpg

On the other hand the other white flowers are not quite the same shade as the white roses.

Using the island I should be able to make up the numbers so that isn't a problem and of course with the blues I'd be able to concentrate on only breeding blue roses.

Chopper

Random question for everyone.

I'm putting together a flower based design and I have two options, make the patches just from roses or mix in a few other breeds:

tumblr_mt48ozPsON1svkqkfo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mt48ozPsON1svkqkfo2_400.jpg

Red with just roses and red with tulips mixed in. It's not too bad since the shades of red are very similar.

tumblr_mt48ozPsON1svkqkfo4_400.jpg
tumblr_mt48ozPsON1svkqkfo3_400.jpg

On the other hand the other white flowers are not quite the same shade as the white roses.

Using the island I should be able to make up the numbers so that isn't a problem and of course with the blues I'd be able to concentrate on only breeding blue roses.
That's not a question. But my opinion on the matter is that I cannot possibly approve of mixing flower breeds in the same bed. My brain wouldn't allow that.

That's not a question.

Sure it is. He just didn't use a question mark:

I like how the different breeds give a little texture. You might try playing with how they're mixed. Like using the red tulips to border the roses rather than interspersed among them.

What are you making?

Koomaster

Those are some really nice patterns.

My advice would be to skip roses entirely for the white section. White roses are actually tinted green which doesn't match your white pattern there. I'd go with white lilies or white tulips entirely for that section. One or the other.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, guess I forgot to add "What do you guys think?" at the end.

What are you making?
Well the original plan was to cover the whole town in a massive Union Jack. At the rate it's going though I may have to cut that back to cover one side of the town with a giant Union Jack design. The rose is also the flower of England which is why I planned to use it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Sparro said he wants to move on the 19th...so I guess I'm going to let him. He's a nice guy, but I'm ok with him flying the coop I guess. Sigh. I always feel guilty.

Koomaster

Yeah, guess I forgot to add "What do you guys think?" at the end.

Well the original plan was to cover the whole town in a massive Union Jack. At the rate it's going though I may have to cut that back to cover one side of the town with a giant Union Jack design. The rose is also the flower of England which is why I planned to use it.
Ah my bad. If the rose is in, then definitely intersperse it with the white lilies. The two flowers share a similar bloom shape (circle & star) if not the same color. So they will have something in common; as opposed to the rose and tulip (circle & square).

The rose and tulip work together in red because as you say they are a similar color even tho their bloom shapes are opposites.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
OK, this was weird! I have a private beach with no ramp access, so you can only get there with a wetsuit. No animals allowed. Perfect place for my red rose+ and red pansie+ factories. Anyway, I have a bunch of red+ roses and red pansies there too. In my red rose+ patch, today I found a purple rose had grown instead of blue. I have gotten blue roses from them, so I know they're Red+. Can red rose+ sometimes make purple roses?? So weird. Maybe it's from a secret admirer who loves my acting abilities!

Chopper

OK, this was weird! I have a private beach with no ramp access, so you can only get there with a wetsuit. No animals allowed. Perfect place for my red rose+ and red pansie+ factories. Anyway, I have a bunch of red+ roses and red pansies there too. In my red rose+ patch, today I found a purple rose had grown instead of blue. I have gotten blue roses from them, so I know they're Red+. Can red rose+ sometimes make purple roses?? So weird. Maybe it's from a secret admirer who loves my acting abilities!
Totally plausible, as red* rose parents are purple and grandparents are white. I'm pretty sure red* roses can provide every colour except gold.

It might be possible.

I got a blue pansie from a bed of orange and red pansies. I think some people suggested it depends on the hybrid's parents.

That's quite an odd result, seeing as there is no suggestion that any of the grandparents were white.

I don't really remember the arrangement, but I forgot to mention there were yellow pansies too. The bed was originally just red and yellow to get orange and then I started replacing the red and yellows with oranges.

I think the red and yellow pansies were OG flowers taken from the island, but my memory is kind of foggy and it's possible I grabbed a hybrid red or yellow.

Actually, I remember now, some of the orange pansies were taken from all over my town, so who knows what their parents were X D

Philia

Took your advice and completely redid all the flowers near my house, putting the yellow flowers around it per your suggestion...

tumblr_mt46sllfVA1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Thanks for the push Philia; I really like how it turned out! :D

I'm glad you mixed breeds because you gave the yellow a sense of wilderness to it. :3 If you had a lot of jacob's ladders I'd opt for that too.

G Fork, yes, its very common for reds+ to spawn purple because of its parent. That's why blues and purples take fucking forever, you keep getting the other colors instead. Luck of a draw, RNG gods, and etc.

Chopper

I don't really remember the arrangement, but I forgot to mention there were yellow pansies too. The bed was originally just red and yellow to get orange and then I started replacing the red and yellows with oranges.

I think the red and yellow pansies were OG flowers taken from the island, but my memory is kind of foggy and it's possible I grabbed a hybrid red or yellow.

Actually, I remember now, some of the orange pansies were taken from all over my town, so who knows what their parents were X D
Pretty much confirms my theory that any colour can be duplicated with any other partner. Even if they don't produce a hybrid, they can push out a version of either parent. Assuming the relevant genetics don't go back further than grandparents, at least two of those reds or oranges must have been duped from orange & white or red & white parents.

I suppose red & white is more likely. Is this at all possible?

I am actually watering a bed of black & white Cosmos at the moment. It will be interesting to see if it ever spawns a pink.

MicH

Static continues to request annoying bugs. Yesterday it was the tiger beetle (I have NEVER seen one in my town) and today it's the long locust. Eugh. Off to the island. Thankfully they're easy to catch there

Galactic Fork

G Fork, yes, its very common for reds+ to spawn purple because of its parent. That's why blues and purples take fucking forever, you keep getting the other colors instead. Luck of a draw, RNG gods, and etc.

Thanks! I also have 7 white azaleas for you if you still need em.

Look at how cute Snake is!
roAlHWP.jpg

First thing I did was send him the ninja shirt! Really, why would they start him with anything else? His arms and legs and head are the rest of the ninja suit. Jeepers. He will never take it off... Unless he puts on the bunny shirt that seems to be spreading through my town (squee).

Galactic Fork

Thanks. Please hold onto them for me. I'm getting seriously frustrated with this Marina seller. Its been four fucking days now.

aw man. Somebody here was offering her yesterday or the day before. People here are much more trustworthy!

Look at how cute Snake is!

First thing I did was send him the ninja shirt! Really, why would they start him with anything else? His arms and legs and head are the rest of the ninja suit. Jeepers. He will never take it off... Unless he puts on the bunny shirt that seems to be spreading through my town (squee).

That is until three days later when he decides to buy the custom ducky shirt at Able Sisters.

Koren

If there's still sellers for the afternoon tea set, I'd be an happy customer. Would gladly fork half a million for one...

I'm a bit mad... I've just spent nearly three hours looking for a Nintendo Zone. Took four buses, and a whole lot of cold rain. Tried every twenty meter in a 500m circle around the mark on the map.

That's REALLY a SHITTY system. I don't mind going to a place to get an item, it can even be quite fun. But give me the name of the shop, not the name of the holding that manage the network and a mark on a google map which is probably one kilometer wrong...

Totally plausible, as red* rose parents are purple and grandparents are white. I'm pretty sure red* roses can provide every colour except gold.
I agree. In fact, I've had dozen of purple ones from my red*.

But still not a single blue one! (got purple, black and red* this morning from the red* bed... The fertilizer increases the number of hybrids, but I'm just getting more standard hybrids. T_T

That's quite an odd result, seeing as there is no suggestion that any of the grandparents were white.
As far as I know (would like to have a confirmation... Philia?)
- blue + red gave me red ones (red*)
- blue + orange gave me orange ones (orange*)
A red* and an orange* have both a blue parent (and at least two white grand-parents)

So i don't think it's really odd, if the orange/red are not coming from the shop. Especially if there's blue ones around.

Galactic Fork

That is until three days later when he decides to buy the custom ducky shirt at Able Sisters.

My Ables' has no ducky shirts! NONE!! NOOOONE! If he does take it off, i'll order 7 and mail them all to him and fill up all his clothing inventory slots. Maybe I'll also send him an axe... See if he can take a hint.

Chopper

ngAs far as I know (would like to have a confirmation... Philia?)
- blue + red gave me red ones (red*)
- blue + orange gave me orange ones (orange*)
A red* and an orange* have both a blue parent (and at least two white grand-parents)

So i don't think it's really odd, if the orange/red are not coming from the shop. Especially if there's blue ones around.
Well yeah, I can confirm that for you. If they're red* and the oranges have blue parents, it's not odd. But in this example that wasn't the suggestion.

Galactic Fork

Well yeah, I can confirm that for you. If they're red* and the oranges have blue parents, it's not odd. But in this example that wasn't the suggestion.

Hmm my Red* were from white and orange parents. So I guess the red*s were using the traits of their white parent.

Chopper

Hmm my Red* were from white and orange parents. So I guess the red*s were using the traits of their white parent.
Makes sense. It surprises me that there is such an arbitrary amount of variety in how hybrids are obtained. I mean, why is there only one type of violet hybrid? Why is there no need for red* cosmos etc. I love it, but it's so weird.

Anyway... Does anyone have furniture on premium? Wishy sent me a throne.

I can definitely report that you CANNOT wear grass when it's raining. I ran like shit all over my town the last 3 days during Bywater's Great September Deluge of 2013, and not only is there no wear, the grass (as usual after rain) looks better than ever. So feel free to run to your heart's delight when it's raining!

Also, its' surprising how much blue skies in AC lifts my mood even though it's been beautiful in Brooklyn all week . . .

If there's still sellers for the afternoon tea set, I'd be an happy customer. Would gladly fork half a million for one...
I can get you one for 200K : )

BTW today is the last day I can get them. I'll see about getting an excess of them for people that still need it, but once they're gone they're gone!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thanks for the replies. Gave some nice food for thought.

On a completely different tangent, I find it weird that despite the introduction of wall mounted items there is no curtain item. Would make the windows more bearable.

Philia

On a completely different tangent, I find it weird that despite the introduction of wall mounted items there is no curtain item. Would make the windows more bearable.

There's some wallpapers that gives an impression of curtains. I forget which ones. But yeah, I agree.

Galactic Fork

I would be happy if the wallpapers took into consideration that there are windows. Some just look silly with windows. I'm talking to you library wall.

Koren

I can get you one for 200K : )
I'd be happy if you could. Please consider you have a customer ^_^ I'll come to pay for it and pick it when you want.

I would have tried the Nintendo Zone trick at home if my wireless router was allowing me to disable the wireless security just for two minutes...

Marvie_3

Banned
Does anybody have any hydrangea bushes they aren't going to be using? I could swap some other kinds of bushes for them.

Also, I need to find some cedar saplings.

Koren

Penultimate fossil found, now I just need a Ptera left wing, does anybody have it? I will pay good money for it.
I do, and you can have for free...

Or... I have some perfect apples to unload, so we could deal this way ^_^
Edit: sorry, this computer is one page late, maybe it'll be late for the apples. But my offer for the wing stands!

Frost_Ace

I do, and you can have for free...

Or... I have some perfect apples to unload, so we could deal this way ^_^
Edit: sorry, this computer is one page late, maybe it'll be late for the apples. But my offer for the wing stands!

DEAL! You're in time for the apples :D

FC is in the profile :)

braves01

Banned
I wish bushes were not so easy to dig up. Accidentally killed three of them now. :(

Also... Bluebear. Man she is a sweetie.

She's also one of my favorite villagers. I think I'm going to collect sapphires so I can send her a bunch of custom blue furniture so her house looks really cool.

I also got my villager pic today! But not from Bluebear...Winnie sent me her pic because I told her her house looked like shit yesterday, lol.

Galactic Fork

She's also one of my favorite villagers. I think I'm going to collect sapphires so I can send her a bunch of custom blue furniture so her house looks really cool.

I also got my villager pic today! But not from Bluebear...Winnie sent me her pic because I told her her house looked like shit yesterday, lol.

I'm doing that to francine! lots of shiny blue stuff.

OK, going to start refurbishing my Astro items. Can't decide between blue and red. Red might go better with the rest of my house which favors minimalism (Minimalist, Modern, and Sleek) but blue goes better with my exterior.

Input or thoughts?

Frost_Ace

OK, going to start refurbishing my Astro items. Can't decide between blue and red. Red might go better with the rest of my house which favors minimalism (Minimalist, Modern, and Sleek) but blue goes better with my exterior.

Input or thoughts?

It depends on the wallpaper/floor, I'd pick blue personally.

Also, HOLY SHIT Rolf just sold me a legit wild painting, I LOVE THIS GUY <3

Levi

Banned
Hey guys, just a heads up that my GAF account name changed. Formerly VsRobot, now my GAF name matches my AC name. Town of Dredfort!

Still playing, just not as much.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Input or thoughts?

I like blue, personally.

veras

Have a legit Great statue for trade, looking for:

Valiant statue
Gallant statue
Robust statue
Ancient statue
Motherly statue

Input or thoughts?

My dreamtown code is 5000-2214-1399 if you wanna see the set in blue in my house. You could come over too if you want. *chuckles*

Also... I'm not adding anyone right now but if I'm already on your friend list (T! from Nagrand), I have a special on Ore right now. Leaving my town open for a little bit while I play FFXIV so I may not respond. If you go shopping, feel free to buy whatever. Wasn't interested in the stuff I had today really.

Oh, and Chadder is sick. Just FYI.

Heimbeck

Banned
So I went into my garden shop and the person there tells me that the shop is going?
Is there any way of getting new plants and trees or is that it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom