• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

I have our villager birthdays this month:

Whitney on the 17th
Ankha on the 22th
Apple on the 24th
Marshal on the 29th

Jesus

Elija2

I wish there was an ABD in the emporium so I wouldn't have to keep going to the post office every time I wanted to get more money for Gracie stuff.

I know, but is it for any occasion that they sent it? :)

Not really. Apparently it's just for celebrating September. Something about cultural traditions.

Koren

Is the arapaima catchable today? Rolf just requested one...
Yes, till the end of september, after 4pm.

Pretty sure they can't request something that isn't catchable the same day they ask for it. But I think they may ask during evening something that can only be catch in the morning.

Koomaster

No, I'm good there. I believe uh... oh darn, I forgot who, but someone dropped it off for me last night. So I appreciate you remembering! :D
*cries forever*

No worries tho, it was when you suddenly got 3 people over at your place at once so it's okay you forgot. That was sort of crazy/chaotic. :p

Koomaster

I have our villager birthdays this month:

Whitney on the 17th
Ankha on the 22th
Apple on the 24th
Marshal on the 29th

Jesus
Welcome to no special visitors on those days. I had that happen this past month which is why I believe I got so behind on Gracie visits. No one shows up in town when a villager is having a birthday.

Visited your dreamtown and I agree with your idea to place the cafe and police box on either side of the town hall. Have to place the cafe on the right between the town hall and fountain since it's pretty large. I don't think you should have any trouble fitting the police box between the train station and town hall. :)

I would be down for helping out with another catalog party. I think I have all the main series as well as campus. I don't have any space to lay things out in my town but I could bring stuff over to someone else's to help set up.
Thanks so much for taking the time to view my dream town and give feedback. It means a lot and is greatly appreciated. :) Glad to know my instincts were right; better get to building that cafe then! By the way, once my house is done, would love to hear your design tips for it. Visited your dream town and really like your house (and some of the design ideas you posted a few days ago.)

As for a cataloging party, duly noted. The help would be appreciated. I'll start seeing if there's enough interest this week to get something together.

Sigh. Millions of years ago, headless mammoths roamed the lands that would one day be home to the Burrow. I imagine great herds of these majestic beasts wandering around, just bumping into stuff and giggling over the day when their headlessness would prove my undoing.
Don't worry, Avalon was apparently home to Dimetrodons that were naught but a torso running around. The great Head and Tail Catastrophe of the prehistoric world weight havoc with only their species.

-----

Attention: if you're new to ACNL, or are missing basic furniture sets in your catalog, and would like to catalog them, please post here or PM me. If there's enough people we can try and organize something to reduce one-off requests and help lots of people at once.

Edit: Oh shit Golden Axe get! Yessssssssssssssss, finally.

Philia

*cries forever*

No worries tho, it was when you suddenly got 3 people over at your place at once so it's okay you forgot. That was sort of crazy/chaotic. :p

:slaps myself: LOL I thought it was you but I didn't want to name the wrong name that could offend. xD

:)

MicH

Welcome to no special visitors on those days. I had that happen this past month which is why I believe I got so behind on Gracie visits. No one shows up in town when a villager is having a birthday.
Aw man :( That sucks. Thankfully I won't have any birthdays until December 19th (Chief) after this. Funny to see how almost half of my residents have birthdays mere days between each other

Elija2

I wish they introduced credit card payment... This is not 1950 anymore ;)

It's funny because they actually had that in City Folk. I think you could only use it in the city though. Don't know why they took it out of this game. It might be because you can carry more bells in this game.

Frost_Ace

I would imagine so. I don't think they can ask for stuff you can't catch as far as I know.

Yes, till the end of september, after 4pm.

Pretty sure they can't request something that isn't catchable the same day they ask for it. But I think they may ask during evening something that can only be catch in the morning.
Just caught one luckily :)

-----

Attention: if you're new to ACNL, or are missing basic furniture sets in your catalog, and would like to catalog them, please post here or PM me. If there's enough people we can try and organize something to reduce one-off requests and help lots of people at once.
*raises hand*

I would be interested since I don't think I've any complete set :(

Is it possible to relocate a villagers home? I really don't like where one person is located at, but don't necessarily want them to leave the town either. I Dream Suited a town and saw all the villagers lived on the coast... how do you do that?

Philia

Is it possible to relocate a villagers home? I really don't like where one person is located at, but don't necessarily want them to leave the town either. I Dream Suited a town and saw all the villagers lived on the coast... how do you do that?

When you know you have a villager coming in the next day, you create a new save file FIRST thing when you fire up the game. If you load your main, everything's set in stone.

Create an alt and you'll inspect your villager's house and if you like it, you place your house and then delete it later. If not, just hit home button and exit. Rinse and repeat.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Hrm... I discovered a flaw in my plan to get Cheri ready read to move out... She pinged me when I was in my 2 days forward. Oh well! I'll just be in the future until then.

:) I was giving away streetpass stuff and I remember you wanted that one. :D
I'm ready now, if you are : )

BTW, just curious, do you have the full StreetPass set? I think RPG Wizard was only missing one item last time I checked (and I'm holding onto it for 'em).

Only before they've permanently moved in.

If you create a new save file the day a villager's plot appears (with the fences and all), you can check the new villager's position and reset the game if you don't like it (and keep repeating until you're happy) or save your game by creating a house for your new character.

EDIT

As Philia mentioned, you must create a new save file before you load an existing file or the new villager's position is saved.

Koren

Isn't today the new fish/bug day? Of course my game picks today to storm, heh.
Pretty sure it won't be before at least 12am... I don't think anyone has catch a "new" bug today.

And storm probably won't matter, there's only a "river fish" (mitten crab) and "diving" (sweet shrimp and spiny lobs)

Next (and last) bugs are bagworms (trees, october), mole cricket (november) and dung beetle (december)

Philia

Hrm... I discovered a flaw in my plan to get Cheri ready read to move out... She pinged me when I was in my 2 days forward. Oh well! I'll just be in the future until then.

LOL yeah, it happens a lot. You shouldn't fear when you TT back to present, its the going forward that's risky.

I'm ready now, if you are : )

BTW, just curious, do you have the full StreetPass set? I think RPG Wizard was only missing one item last time I checked (and I'm holding onto it for 'em).

Gates open. :)

And no, I've gave away all of my streetpass items. My hubby and I pass each other a lot. So no its not a complete set or anything, just mix n match.

Boogiepop

Pretty sure it won't be before at least 12am... I don't think anyone has catch a "new" bug today.

And storm probably won't matter, there's only a "river fish" (mitten crab) and "diving" (sweet shrimp and spiny lobs)

Next (and last) bugs are bagworms (trees, october), mole cricket (november) and dung beetle (december)

Ah, I see. Yeah, I just knew new stuff was coming. Didn't quite remember what it was, though. Heh.

Galactic Fork

LOL yeah, it happens a lot. You shouldn't fear when you TT back to present, its the going forward that's risky.

Well, I'm more worried if I go back to the 15th, she'll no longer be scheduled to leave at all. Will she still be set to go at the 22nd? Or will that drop to the 20th too?

Gates open. :)

And no, I've gave away all of my streetpass items. My hubby and I pass each other a lot. So no its not a complete set or anything, just mix n match.

Coming!

Ah, okay, I was just curious. Before RPG Wizard, I didn't know of anybody besides me who was collecting them. I have the full set myself, but I still have a bunch of spares to go round.

Philia

Well, I'm more worried if I go back to the 15th, she'll no longer be scheduled to leave at all. Will she still be set to go at the 22nd? Or will that drop to the 20th too?

Ohhh, no no, you should TT to her move out day. THEN tt back to present. I don't do anything outside of that.

When you know you have a villager coming in the next day, you create a new save file FIRST thing when you fire up the game. If you load your main, everything's set in stone.

Create an alt and you'll inspect your villager's house and if you like it, you place your house and then delete it later. If not, just hit home button and exit. Rinse and repeat.

Thanks. Shit, this person has been in the neighborhood since the beginning. So unless they want to move, I'm shit out of luck.

That kind of sucks.

Koren

Ah, okay, I was just curious. Before RPG Wizard, I didn't know of anybody besides me who was collecting them.
I would do it myself, but I have giant difficulties to streetpass people, let alone streetpass them several times! So that would be trading only, but there's so many others things to do...

I just hope that one day I'll streetpass a house full of them.

Galactic Fork

Ohhh, no no, you should TT to her move out day. THEN tt back to present. I don't do anything outside of that.

Well, i know that, that's what I normally do. But I'm holding her until the 18th for Aveyn Knight. I was hoping to get her ready to go early so I didn't have a mad dash to get rid of her. But I hadn't counted on her pinging me when I was ahead.

Philia

Well, i know that, that's what I normally do. But I'm holding her until the 18th for Aveyn Knight. I was hoping to get her ready to go early so I didn't have a mad dash to get rid of her. But I hadn't counted on her pinging me when I was ahead.

Oh okay.

Aveyn Knight, anytime you want to catalog a lot of clothing, accessories, etc, let me know. :)

Speaking of, I have a lot of dresses out for catalog for Kamikazekoala. I'm not sure whether I'll keep most of them or not. I can also order some more for you guys (outside of gracies of course) to get for you to catalog.

I would do it myself, but I have giant difficulties to streetpass people, let alone streetpass them several times! So that would be trading only, but there's so many others things to do...

I just hope that one day I'll streetpass a house full of them.

Oh yeah, the balloons are orderable.

The pinwheels and ice cream aren't though, so if you have time, you could focus on those.

Also, so excited for Cheri. Thanks again for doing all this for me ^^;;

Galactic Fork

Bah, you can't visit your own town in the dream suite? Lame.

That would bring her move out back to the 20th.

I just do 1 day forward at a time, so I don't miss.

Hmmm, so going back to the present should be fine. She's leaving on the 18th for real, so that's plenty of leeway.

Frogstep

I really like when you get thunderstorms in your town. I also really like that the frog villagers never pull out their umbrellas whenever it rains. They're all, "we don't give a damn! we're frogs!".

Galactic Fork

I really like when you get thunderstorms in your town. I also really like that the frog villagers never pull out their umbrellas whenever it rains. They're all, "we don't give a damn! we're frogs!".
Whoa! They don't? That's cool!

Even ducks pull out umbrellas. Hmm do gators?

Elija2

Whoa, that's cool. I kinda want a frog in my town now.

Updated my image diary.

Here's my sloppy basement--now with an added mitten (kindly donated by weemadarthur).

HNI_0050.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom