• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap this is turning into quite the shindig! Multiple towns are definitely sounding like what's going to be needed if we don't end up breaking it into multiple days.

Kinda nice too... seen some stuff listed I haven't gotten my hands on yet either.

Oh! And I can order ranch too if no one has spoken up yet. So that'll be green, blue, and ranch from me.

Decided to create a TTing town just to help others, as my town is set. Weirdly and wonderfully, I got my dream setup on my 1st try (first map he showed me). Guess it's meant to be.

As for villagers, I got buttsky central. Will update who's available when I get started cycling. If anyone is looking for anyone specific, PM. Only reserved right now are Marshal, Roscoe, Hamlet, and Drago.

Also, had forgotten how awesome some of the early stuff is when you first start your town!

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I'm sending coco the whole sweets set, because though some think she's a coconut, I think she's a chocolate bunny, So I sent her a letter with one of the items:

Dear Coco,
Actually, I think you are a chocolate bunny. A yummy chocolate bunny that can steal souls with its eyes. OK, I know all chocolate bunnies can do that, but you can talk.
Your Humble Mayor, Tessa

Koomaster

Holy crap this is turning into quite the shindig! Multiple towns are definitely sounding like what's going to be needed if we don't end up breaking it into multiple days.

Kinda nice too... seen some stuff listed I haven't gotten my hands on yet either.

Oh! And I can order ranch too if no one has spoken up yet. So that'll be green, blue, and ranch from me.
Put you down for Ranch as well. Thanks!

Yeah we will have to coordinate how to do this; maybe we could do multiple towns. Just something like...

Town A on the western beach...
Astro; Modern; Sleek

Town B at the town plaza...
Lovely, Blue, Cabin

Let's people see what town has what and where you need to go in that town to catalog. And having multiple towns participate means that if lots of people are going to be cataloging, if one town is full already, you can just head to another town in the mean time.

Galactic Fork

Put you down for Ranch as well. Thanks!

Yeah we will have to coordinate how to do this; maybe we could do multiple towns. Just something like...

Town A on the western beach...
Astro; Modern; Sleek

Town B at the town plaza...
Lovely, Blue, Cabin

Let's people see what town has what and where you need to go in that town to catalog. And having multiple towns participate means that if lots of people are going to be cataloging, if one town is full already, you can just head to another town in the mean time.

I'd be willing to host some! I've got lots of room in Doc Memorial Park. and I can clear the patterns around my tree. Need to know what day and hours, though.

Also, I am always curious when 2 villagers talk and one walks away really angry(Coco), and the other prances around whistling(Francine). That doesn't happen when I listen in. Just what did Francine saaay?

Huh! all this time I thought you had to repeatedly tap a while the fish is on the hook to catch it... You just have to tap it once. Well... Live and learn.

Koomaster

I'd be willing to host some! I've got lots of room in Doc Memorial Park. and I can clear the patterns around my tree. Need to know what day and hours, though.
Sounds like there is a Bug-Off this Saturday; so might not be the best day if people are busy. But maybe Sunday would be a good first day to do it? What day would be good for everyone, both suppliers and catalogers?

If we did multiple towns I could be a host as well since I would have room on my beach for some things.

I'll edit my post at the top for possible host towns; so if anyone else wants to be a host, let me know and I'll add your name. And if for some reason the day/time we end up deciding doesn't work for hosting, I can remove names as well. But I'll add to the list just to get a general idea right now.

Oh man, I'd love to be in on the catalog-athon. Sadly, all of the sets I have have already been claimed. Does anyone have the full patchwork or chess sets? (No Sahara wallpaper/floors, please) I'm missing the Rook, and only have a few patchwork items.

Also, Drago in my campsite. Oh well.

Edit: Aveyn Knight: I managed to buy two Kitchen Islands, so I'm good there. Thanks for offering though.

Chopper

Oh man, I'd love to be in on the catalog-athon. Sadly, all of the sets I have have already been claimed. Does anyone have the full patchwork or chess sets? (No Sahara wallpaper/floors, please) I'm missing the Rook, and only have a few patchwork items.

Also, Drago in my campsite. Oh well.
I have all the Patchwork and Chess items, I believe. I'll be happy to get them ordered if you PM me exactly what you need.

Koomaster

Went ahead in preparation of being a host town and marked off areas on my beach...
tumblr_mt8vp5Kpgr1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Surprised how big the beach is actually. I have room for 7 series of furniture if need be as well as another 8 spaces for the Campus set I ordered.

There are 19 full 13-piece furniture series being supplied as well as a couple sets of varying sizes. I can take care of 7, so that leaves 12+. So my guess is we could do this with 3-4 host towns total. :)

Chopper

The way I see it is like a car boot sale, where we can advertise here what town has what sets, we can all make sure we have each others' friend codes, and we can sit with our gates open or visit other towns as we see fit over the course of a couple of hours.

Otherwise I fear it will be too much responsibility for some people, and there are gonna be Resetti nightmares all round.

In the interest of diversity, simplicity and bumping each other's visitor count, we should spread the load.

Koomaster

The way I see it is like a car boot sale, where we can advertise here what town has what sets, we can all make sure we have each others' friend codes, and we can sit with our gates open or visit other towns as we see fit over the course of a couple of hours.

Otherwise I fear it will be too much responsibility for some people, and there are gonna be Resetti nightmares all round.

In the interest of diversity, simplicity and bumping each other's visitor count, we should spread the load.
Yeah,once we see how many host towns there are we should spread things evenly. The more host towns the better. I was just seeing the maximum I could hold if it came to that.

I've been concentrating on offering themes rather than furniture sets.

I've got the boxing and construction themes laid out already.

one of my alt houses has complete lunar and scifi themes, which I can pull out for a party.

Woah, I come back, and there's an awesome catalog event going on. At this point, the only thing I will be able to contribute is wrapping random goodies and setting them out as gift bags, but not sure if you guys are planning to do that or not.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Edit: Poor Bob. Rejected by GAF.

How is this even possible? -_-

On another note, I don't mind letting people in if it comes to that, but two things: 1.My friends list is too full, so it would be difficult to add a bunch of new people and 2.I'm over 500 visitors already, so it would likely be better for somebody who needs more visitors to do so.

Boogiepop

Damn you Spiny Lobster! I couldn't find one tonight after 3 normal diving sessions (was looking for the Oyster and Sweet Shrimp as well, the latter of which proved elusive, but I got both of those), and then I took an extra voyage up and down the coast looking explicitly for its shadow a number of times. I'll get it eventually, but... bleh. Oh well, if I can get it and the stupid Giant Petaltail Dragonfly or w/e it's called, then I'll be done with the September catches (well, I still need to stop being lazy and get a scarab and spotted garden eel from the island, but that can happen whenever.)

Galactic Fork

How is this even possible? -_-

On another note, I don't mind letting people in if it comes to that, but two things: 1.My friends list is too full, so it would be difficult to add a bunch of new people and 2.I'm over 500 visitors already, so it would likely be better for somebody who needs more visitors to do so.

Wow... That's almost 10 times mine. I feel so inadequate.

I had a halfway decent day today in AC. I finally had a villager that I was interested in come to my campsite. Deli is moving into the Shire!
Deli_zps032b809a.jpg

Also I finally completed my refurnishing of my cabana furniture with gold nuggets. I got a new badge from Phineas for going to the island a bunch. And, Redd was in town with a painting I didn't have yet.

EDIT:
Elite Ore Hunting's awesome! I got stuck in the zone the other night and raked about 300 medals in a couple of hours. :)

That's so interesting. ...I love elite ore hunter, as long as I'm playing alone. 16 medals for gold. And it may be full five minutes, but I can always go do something once I have the points. Get a drink, put something away, whatever.

Whereas I despise all fishing tours since they won't give out a silver rod. You should be able to rent tools at the same level you own.

My very favorite is Giant Dragonfly with 2 people, if I'm a bit better than my partner. 25 medals, and again, can stop trying once you've got the points. This gives me about 3 minutes of downtime.
Hmm I guess I need to go back and try the elite ore hunting tour I remember having a bad experience with it the few times I tried. The elite hammer tour is awesome simply for the fact that it's only 3 minutes long and still gives 12 medals for gold. So if you are quick enough at restarting tours after one finishes, it rivals the tuna kahuna for medals (that one gives 20 medals for gold place and lasts only 6 minutes). I dont think i've seen the giant dragonfly tour, but I'll have to give that one a shot as well. And I agree that we should be able to rent gold and silver tools on the island if we have already acquired them from our towns.

Niraj

Still working towards Ankha's pic myself, though I guess it's only been a couple weeks. So far has only given me generic requests (fruit as opposed to perfect fruit, butterfly as opposed to a specific bug, etc), but I'm usually doing 2-3 requests a day from her, so it should add up :p

Velcro Fly

Tried for about 20 minutes to get Graham to move in to my town while he was camping and no dice. Oh well. Lost Hazel the other day. Getting Iggly tomorrow. Also need to sell my closet full of clothes since I can wear what I want now! Hit 100 hours of playtime over the weekend. Pretty good for minimal online interaction.

Niraj

Down to only one snooty PWP suggestion, despite only having Ankha -_- meanwhile, the last normal PWP suggestion I need continues to be withheld from me, despite having three normal villagers in my town.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So after I scrap a room concept I finally get the Shoji wall which is what I wanted for said concept. Oh well, the idea wasn't really going to work as well as I hoped and I quite like the new idea I'm working on. Need to just pay off the current loan so I can expand the room to the final size (I just hadn't bothered expanding my rooms for a while since I didn't know what to fill them with) and then I'll take some pictures for feedback.

Also got the basement floor so a good day for rare carpets and walls.

Linius

What sets are still needed for this catting event? I can order something and deliver it in the town that will host all of this.

Koren

Quick announcement: I have

- premium on perfect oranges (non native)
- tropical vista on sale on the island (100 medals), also cabana armchairs and hibiscus

Unfortunately, I'm quite busy, so I won't be able to farm medals to buy additional tropical vista walls. But I can take a couple of minutes to travel to the island with visitors with enough medals.

As for oranges, I'll let the town open.

I should be available:
- for the remaining of the current hour
- circa 18h30 (7 hours from now) for the remaining of the day

What sets are still needed for this catting event? I can order something and deliver it in the town that will host all of this.
Ranch would be the last missing set if it hasn't been picked. After that, I think it's "non-official sets", such as construction, space, zen, mad scientist, etc.

Linius

Well I have ranch so if nobody got dibs on that I'll take care of that one.

EDIT

Oh ffs Gracie, what's the matter with you? How can it be that I've got one visit so far? With this rate I'm not even getting that last store upgrade in 2013.

Koren

Oh ffs Gracie, what's the matter with you? How can it be that I've got one visit so far? With this rate I'm not even getting that last store upgrade in 2013.
:(

I'd like to know if there's anything that trigger her besides luck. Your Gracie is my Katrina...

If that can bring you some hope, I got two visits in four days, so it can be quick when luck is there.

Koomaster

If you still need a host I've got lots of space.
Thank you; added you to the list. :)

Yeah I want to know as well, I want to contribuite somehow.
We have all the main series of furniture represented. Don't want things to get too crazy but I know there is some interest in space/sci-fi sets.

Not sure if someone claimed those already or not. Like I posted it would be good if you said you had the whole set since it would get confusing if people only brought a few pieces of a set and someone else brought a few pieces. Tends to get jumbled up.

So if someone has the full set and wants to bring it; talk about it after this post. The full sets...
Space
Sci-Fi

For the Space set, if you have the full set (including wall and floor) you can bring it. But the wall/floor imo is not necessary since they are Sahara exclusives so they can't be re-ordered by someone cataloging them anyway. It's up to you. Same with the Sci-Fi wall/floor.

Frost_Ace

Thank you; added you to the list. :)

We have all the main series of furniture represented. Don't want things to get too crazy but I know there is some interest in space/sci-fi sets.

Not sure if someone claimed those already or not. Like I posted it would be good if you said you had the whole set since it would get confusing if people only brought a few pieces of a set and someone else brought a few pieces. Tends to get jumbled up.

So if someone has the full set and wants to bring it; talk about it after this post. The full sets...
Space
Sci-Fi

For the Space set, if you have the full set (including wall and floor) you can bring it. But the wall/floor imo is not necessary since they are Sahara exclusives so they can't be re-ordered by someone cataloging them anyway. It's up to you.
I've got the space theme! :)

Koren

Space
Sci-Fi

For the Space set, if you have the full set (including wall and floor) you can bring it. But the wall/floor imo is not necessary since they are Sahara exclusives so they can't be re-ordered by someone cataloging them anyway. It's up to you.
Will check later if I have everything, but I ordered the full sci-fi set yesterday.

As I said, beside the wall/floor, I'm missing the moon and lunar lander in the space set. I'm ready to bring those if you don't find a supplier for the full set (since those are reorderable, I don't care if I don't get the pieces back, so the problem of "which piece has been brought by who?" is not so big) Edit : nm, if you've a taker for this set, it's even better...

Linius

Well at least one person, just let me know where to drop it of Koo. I will be playing GTA V a lot the coming days so I'll just stick to delivering the set somewhere when I got it in the mail :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom