• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big thanks to Koomaster for helping out so much with the organizing. I doubt I could do it by myself given how little free time I sometimes have during the week. And it truly warms my heart to see the community get so into the event. :)

I can host as well for the event, I think. I have a fairly large open area. I need the visits anyways.

With the Bug-Off on Saturday, we could either do it Friday/Sunday or do a long session Sunday. I can only host Friday night 7-12PM EST and Sunday.

Koomaster

Well at least one person, just let me know where to drop it of Koo. I will be playing GTA V a lot the coming days so I'll just stick to delivering the set somewhere when I got it in the mail :p
Alrighty, added you to the list. I guess when it comes in you can drop it off in my town since we are already friends. :)

Thanks a lot!

Koomaster

Big thanks to Koomaster for helping out so much with the organizing. I doubt I could do it by myself given how little free time I sometimes have during the week. And it truly warms my heart to see the community get so into the event. :)

I can host as well for the event, I think. I have a fairly large open area. I need the visits anyways.

With the Bug-Off on Saturday, we could either do it Friday/Sunday or do a long session Sunday. I can only host Friday night 7-12PM EST and Sunday.
Night time Friday and Sunday during the day sound like good times to me. As long as it's good for other host towns.

Koomaster

Repost for new page...
AC GAF Catalog Event: Fancy Title Goes Here

Furniture Suppliers...

Koomaster: Cabin & Stripe series, Campus Set
Koren: Robot, Rococo & Polka Series, Sci-Fi Set
ab.aeterno: Astro, Minimalist, Modern, & Modern Wood Series
eudaemonic: Green, Blue & Ranch Series
bluepolicebox: Regal & Lovely Series, Fruit Set
Niraj: Exotic & Classic Series
HannibalJones: Sleek Series
Aveyn Knight: Random reorderable DLC items from various mysterious regions.
Chopper: Kiddie & Alpine Series, Mad Scientist Set
Frost_Ace: Space Set
Linius: Western Set

Furniture series we still need: nothing at the moment. Thanks suppliers!

We still need host towns; would you make a good host town?
1. Need space to lay a few series of furniture down.
2. Decent wifi and will be around most of the day. (Throw in a save game every once in a while to avoid resetti nightmares!)
3. Space to add people on your friendlist.

If you think that could be something you could do and want to host; post about it. :)

Potential Host Towns
Koomaster
Galactic Fork
BGBW
ab.aeterno

Day/Time we will be doing this catalog event...
Sunday Sept. 22nd for 6 hours
6am-12pm PST
9am-3pm EST
2pm-8pm UTC

These are preliminary times right now; if something works out better for host towns or someone has a better idea, post about it!

Repost for new page...
AC GAF Catalog Event: Fancy Title Goes Here

Furniture Suppliers...

Koomaster: Cabin & Stripe series, Campus Set
Koren: Robot, Rococo & Polka Series, Sci-Fi Set
ab.aeterno: Astro, Minimalist, Modern, & Modern Wood Series
eudaemonic: Green, Blue & Ranch Series
bluepolicebox: Regal & Lovely Series, Fruit Set
Niraj: Exotic & Classic Series
HannibalJones: Sleek Series
Aveyn Knight: Random reorderable DLC items from various mysterious regions.
Chopper: Kiddie & Alpine Series
Frost_Ace: Space Set
Linius: Western Set

Furniture series we still need: nothing at the moment. Thanks suppliers!

We still need host towns; would you make a good host town?
1. Need space to lay a few series of furniture down.
2. Decent wifi and will be around most of the day. (Throw in a save game every once in a while to avoid resetti nightmares!)
3. Space to add people on your friendlist.

If you think that could be something you could do and want to host; post about it. :)

Potential Host Towns
Koomaster
Galactic Fork
BGBW
ab.aeterno

Day/Time we will be doing this catalog event: Friday 7pm-12am EST & Daytime on Sunday.
These are preliminary times right now; if something works out better for host towns let me know and I'll change.

Can't wait for this! Thank you Koo and everyone else. Slacked off during last catalogue event, so I need to step it up for this one.

Only thing I have that seems cool to me is the Sahara set, but you can't order that. :( Was it worth even mentioning?

Chopper

Quick announcement: I have

- tropical vista on sale on the island (100 medals), also cabana armchairs and hibiscus
Ooh. That's exciting. I shall be farming medals this afternoon and coming over tonight then buddy!

Also, I can provide the Mad Scientist Set in its entirety, if we're doing those too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Night and day meaning nothing from a world standard. Need GMT/UTC times.

EDIT: oh I see you added times. Still I prefer UTC since everyone knows their time zone based on that.

Philia

Glad to see a nice ACNL community getting together to do something nice for the new members. I'd gladly help out but my mailbox is swapped with clothing items.

If anyone need to catalog clothing, I'm your girl. :) Or any one off items that's orderable since I'm pretty much 100% on that. (Except that silly campfire thing, good lord, talk to your campers and see if they would sell it to you!)

I also will confess that like Linius, I'll be playing and obsessing with GTAV when it gets here in the mail from our rental service.

Koomaster

Thanks Chopper; added the mad scientist set to yours.

Night and day meaning nothing from a world standard. Need GMT/UTC times.

EDIT: oh I see you added times. Still I prefer UTC since everyone knows their time zone based on that.
UTC might be known more to Europeans; are you in Europe? I don't think I was ever taught in school to go by UTC; had to look up a website just now to figure it out. ^__^;;

EST is -5 from UTC; so that would be 12am-5am on Friday for people in UTC+? Yikes, might have a scheduling problem. Don't want to leave out any AC Gaffers from Europe. Might have to just do this on Sunday for right now.

For Sunday though if we started the event at 9amEST/2pmUTC and ended 6 hours later, that would be 3pmEST/8pmUTC.

That way it wouldn't go too late for Europeans. And those on the Pacific United States the times would be 6am-12pmPST. That's reasonable; gives them till noon to visit towns.

I mean does that sound good to people or am I making sense?
6am-12pm PST
9am-3pm EST
2pm-8pm UTC

Trying to include as many as possible in this who want to participate, and these to me seem reasonable times.

Edit: Getting prepared...
tumblr_mt9tyzrH711swqxw3o1_400.jpg

I'll go ahead and drop the idea and let other hosts think it over: would doing this over two weekends, or doing it Sunday and as needed for stragglers on nights that following week, be something worth considering?

I've also thought about this being an event we organize more than once. Maybe quarterly? That way it's not so often buy we can help people as they join from, say, Christmas? Again, just a thought.

I've got almost everything set out now except a few straggler items and some wallpapers and carpets. Should be ready by tonight. Exciting!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I suppose for efficiency we should find out what people want and try to group sets together based on that.

I suppose the items I'm most interested in the are Stripe and Rococo since I've almost completed those sets. So if others are also highly interested in those two sets then they could go together in one town. Just a thought.

Koomaster

Well I suppose for efficiency we should find out what people want and try to group sets together based on that.

I suppose the items I'm most interested in the are Stripe and Rococo since I've almost completed those sets. So if others are also highly interested in those two sets then they could go together in one town. Just a thought.
If Koren delivers his furniture to my town then I will have both Stripe and Rococo.

So for my town it would be
Cabin, Stripe, Robot, Rococo & Polka Series
Campus, Sci-Fi, & Western Sets

I made enough room for another set, so Frost Ace could give me the Space so I would have Space and Sci-Fi together in my town.

Rayjee

Guys. I'm being harassed by Charlise. I don't know what to do anymore. She's everywhere!

I had pawned her off unintentionally to a friend of mine, and between then and now--She's everywhere! At T.I.Y., at the Able Sisters, in the museum, at the Roost, or randomly walking around.

Either she's haunting me, stalking me, or I broke my town. Either way, I can't get rid of her!

>:I I'm waiting for the moment she randomly appears again and I'll be thwatting her with my net.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Guys. I'm being harassed by Charlise. I don't know what to do anymore. She's everywhere!

I had pawned her off unintentionally to a friend of mine, and between then and now--She's everywhere! At T.I.Y., at the Able Sisters, in the museum, at the Roost, or randomly walking around.

Either she's haunting me, stalking me, or I broke my town. Either way, I can't get rid of her!

>:I I'm waiting for the moment she randomly appears again and I'll be thwatting her with my net.
After a few villagers leave, some start showing up in main street. Expect more! I have about 5 now. It's great when a bunch show up in club lol.

Frost_Ace

If Koren delivers his furniture to my town then I will have both Stripe and Rococo.

So for my town it would be
Cabin, Stripe, Robot, Rococo & Polka Series
Campus, Sci-Fi, & Western Sets

I made enough room for another set, so Frost Ace could give me the Space so I would have Space and Sci-Fi together in my town.
I'll order it now so I can give it to you tomorrow. :]

Koomaster

So if the host towns are fine with being around Sunday for the times I have listed, I think this would be a good breakdown of who should get what furniture. Everyone is responsible for ~6 different series/sets of furniture in their town, so it won't be too much of a hassle.

Koomaster: Cabin, Stripe, Robot, Rococo & Polka Series
Campus, Space, & Sci-Fi Sets

BGBW: Green, Blue, Ranch, Kiddie, Alpine Series
Mad Scientist Set

ab.aeterno: Astro, Minimalist, Modern, Modern Wood, Exotic, & Classic Series

Galactic Fork: Regal, Lovely, & Sleek Series
Fruit & Western Sets & Random DLC

Decided to move the Western set to Galactic Fork if that's okay since I already have 8 other sets myself. :)

So suppliers/hosts try to get together sometime this week to exchange FCs and drop off furniture in preparation for Sunday!

Blue rose #3 get. Looking forward to swimming in these guys :D

I'm at #5 HEHEHEH.
Glad to see that you've also got a blue rose family coming in.

I passed my third Gracie test, which was iconic. It was way too easy with my Link outfit handy on a mannequin.

Shari is leaving town tomorrow, I believe.
Cherry_%28villager%29.png

She was one of my originals and I didn't like her at first but I grew attached to her. I hope she gives me a portrait before she leaves, because I forgot to get that... I did manage to snag all of the Uchi related PWPs, though!

If anyone wants her, feel free to PM me or something and we can set something up.

Boogiepop

Oh man, it's Gracie! Finally! First time seeing her, so yay! Do I just need all my clothes to match her requested type, or do they actually have to be a set or something?

Koomaster

Oh man, it's Gracie! Finally! First time seeing her, so yay! Do I just need all my clothes to match her requested type, or do they actually have to be a set or something?
Check Here!

Basics...
1. Most of what you are wearing has to match the theme she suggests.
2. Don't wear clashing styles or it's an instant fail.
3. Socks count! She will judge your socks too!

Boogiepop

Check Here!

Basics...
1. Most of what you are wearing has to match the theme she suggests.
2. Don't wear clashing styles or it's an instant fail.
3. Socks count! She will judge your socks too!

Hooray! One down, three to go! She expressed that I was a little lame for dressing all one theme, but I passed and was rewarded a Sweets Bookcase! Now to change out of this excessively silly "cute" outfit (Overall Dress, Cat hat, beak, purple dot shoes... yuck!)

Galactic Fork

*sigh* I wish you could sneak into villagers houses and rearrange all their furniture. Even if they have good stuff, they can't seem to arrange it in non stupid ways...

Today is also my final Gracie check! :)

My final is today too! Cute theme. :p

OH! And I'd like to get my best pal in on the cataloging if I could. She's not a GAFfer but I can vouch for her for 20 years of friendship. :) She's got someone in her HHA plaza with the Spooky set. She'll order that and contribute if no one else has ordered it.

Koomaster

My final is today too! Cute theme. :p

OH! And I'd like to get my best pal in on the cataloging if I could. She's not a GAFfer but I can vouch for her for 20 years of friendship. :) She's got someone in her HHA plaza with the Spooky set. She'll order that and contribute if no one else has ordered it.
The event is more geared toward the basic furniture themes that appear in the Nooklings store.
No holiday/event type items since that would take away from getting them yourself in game. :)

But she is welcome to join in cataloging in people's towns if she wants. You'll have to help exchange friend codes between the hosts and her though. :)

Mekere

Back from holidays in Netherland where I filled up all my HHA showcase! Philia, I have a bunch of white carnation now! You can have some as promised!

Galactic Fork

OH! If any of the people with TT towns happen to see Ruby, Bonbon, Tiffany, Carmen or Gabi, please tell me. I really wanna get my 10th bunny before the Catalog event.

Cheri should be gone tomorrow.

Galactic Fork

I offered Ruby a couple days ago and nobody said a word. :( I can look out for Tiffany and Gabi though.

OH Nooo!! She's my most wanted of them all :( Poop.

Edit: I put in Carmen too after the fact.

Dotty and Bunnie just kinda creep me out, but I probably wouldn't kick them out of my village.

Dotty was there last week too. I've had an influx of bunnies recently. Pippy is currently waiting to be moved out and Mira is there for Linius. Bonbon and Carmen have come through but not Tiffany and Gabi.

Galactic Fork

Dotty was there last week too. I've had an influx of bunnies recently. Pippy is currently waiting to be moved out and Mira is there for Linius. Bonbon and Carmen have come through but not Tiffany and Gabi.

Ooh, you have Pippy there now? She's B list, but still OK. :)

I think she and Ruby woulda been so much better as Normals rather than peppies.

The event is more geared toward the basic furniture themes that appear in the Nooklings store.
No holiday/event type items since that would take away from getting them yourself in game. :)

But she is welcome to join in cataloging in people's towns if she wants. You'll have to help exchange friend codes between the hosts and her though. :)

Oh! Okay, I missed that note before. But yeah, I totally will take care of the friends code situation. :)

Koomaster

The only tricky aspect is working out when it's best for the hosts to catalogue.
Yeah I was thinking we just maybe stay around an extra hour or maybe even Saturday for an hour just the hosts do a tour of each other's towns.

Like the three other hosts visit my town. Everyone catalogs all the sets I have out. When everyone is finished I end the game session (which closes my gates), then we move on to the next hosts' town and so forth.

Since there are only four of us we can all visit a town together, catalog and move on to the next as a group.

We can all decide when is a good time for this to happen, but it should be a pretty quick affair if we are orderly about it. :)

Ooh, you have Pippy there now? She's B list, but still OK. :)

I think she and Ruby woulda been so much better as Normals rather than peppies.

She's available if you want her. Even if it's in the short term. She'd probably be leaving later today or tonight.

No, she doesn't seem very peppy. More of a sedate rabbit than a peppy bunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom