• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Premium on furniture! Was someone looking to sell a Throne?

Finally got Gracie to visit today, and passed the first check (basic) with stuff I had in my storage. Thank goodness for being a clotheshorse. :)

Also finished the 4 series for the upcoming event.

Got a Dimetrodon skull, just need the tail as my final fossil.

And kicking myself. I sold a few million Bells worth of turnips on my new apt before realizing I should do it on my main for the badge. Damn it all.

Sounds good to me. I can do it any time Friday night (EST), Saturday, or Sunday as long as I have a heads up.

Would you mind if I dropped off the furniture I've ordered? My locker is dangerously full. If not, no big, I'll make do.

Anustart

I'm wondering whether you can invite a villager when you just have your first 5...

I'd be interested to know if you sucessfully got him.

He said he was moving to my town when I invited him, though let me count my villagers right now to see exactly how many I have.

Fake Edit: Actually have 6, with a 7th that's set up a plot but not moved in yet, and then 8 with Gaston moving in whenever he does!

Niraj

Even though I had 1 normal PWP suggestion left and 7 snooty when Ankha got here, and even though my normal villagers outnumber her 3 to 1, Ankha still somehow managed to get me all 7 before that last normal one -_-

Meteor shower going on in my town currently. Do those go all night or end at a certain time. It's almost midnight, but i have the late ordinance enacted. Haven't been on all day, so i didn't know. Everyone is welcome. Gates are open. I'm on that dumb guest network at work, so hopefully it doesn't cause problems.
Anyone available for a quick Katie/petition signature combo?

Edit: Oh hold for a bit, selling turnips.
You're welcome to stop by my town if you still need signatures.

Niraj

Meteor shower going on in my town currently. Do those go all night or end at a certain time. It's almost midnight, but i have the late ordinance enacted. Haven't been on all day, so i didn't know. Everyone is welcome. Gates are open. I'm on that dumb guest network at work, so hopefully it doesn't cause problems.

You're welcome to stop by my town if you still need signatures.

It's pretty late. Like 4 AM I think.

Roto13

Think I'll turn this room into a mini museum. :p

BUa_7mhCUAA9dL5.jpg:large

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So... is Hugh (former neighbor now moved away) stuck in One Street? He came to visit yesterday, but he doesn't seem to leave.

FINALLY got Katrina to suggest her shop, so tomorrow my Main Street will be completely finished! :D

Also, Cube gave me his 4th(!!!) picture today. I think someone has a crush on me~

Linius

So I said to supply the western side, turns out I still mis that darn Western Fence myself. Anyone who got one and could let me catalogue it so I can throw in the complete set :p

Also, I have Claudia the snooty tiger in boxes today. So if anyone's interested, let me know. PM would be best.

Koomaster

No need to dress up but it's a NeoGaf special occasion! Welcome to the AC GAF Cataloging Event!!
Fill out the missing pieces in your furniture series and sets in order to create the dream house
you're looking for and up your HHA Score in the process.

tumblr_mtbkdsYVAH1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtbkf648SD1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tumblr_mtbkgcE6Sy1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtbkhisNXh1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mtbkioiyMK1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtbkjpiljJ1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where Do I Start: How Do I Participate?
If you aren't already friends with a Town Host; get it done before Sunday. Add their FC and PM yours to them. This is super important to do before the event happens. Otherwise a Town Host would have to kick everyone out of their town and close their gates just to add your FC. So don't procrastinate! It's up to the discretion of each Town Host whether they add you on Sunday. We may get everyone taken care of or have a slow period toward the end where we can add more people. But again, it's more hassle to do it that way so don't count on that happening. If you are interested in taking part in this event; exchange those friend codes! :)

How Do I Catalog?
1. Visit a Host Town
2. Go to the location in their town where they are having the event.
3. Pick up pieces of furniture, wallpaper and carpet.
4. Drop what you've picked up where you found it.
5. And just like that; congratulations; you've cataloged some furniture!
6. When you return to your own town, check your catalog at the Nooklings store. You'll see the furniture there ready to order!

Do I have to visit every town?
Nope! If you are only missing pieces from the polka-dot series or only want to catalog DLC, just visit the towns you need.
Refer to the above images to see which host town has which furniture series/sets. Visit one, or visit all four, the choice is yours!

It's Sunday and I don't see X-town on my train destination list. What gives?
Check this thread on Sunday for any changes/announcements. Something may happen where a Town Host has to leave early or is having internet troubles.
Best to stay informed and here is the best place. We will try to stay around and accommodate everyone who wants to catalog, but sometimes life happens.

Any Rules I should know?
1. No running; it's bad for the environment.
2. Follow paths where applicable.
3. Don't pick up, destroy, move or take flowers.
4. Don't chop down trees.
5. Don't take fruit unless you ask the host and they allow you.
6. When leaving, make sure your pockets are empty; don't take furniture with you.
7. Most importantly; be courteous and patient. A town may be full when you check; and you have to wait for a spot to open. There may be a lot of loading screens with trains coming and going. Don't let it get you frustrated! Also Town Hosts will try to save as best they can; but don't get upset if a Resetti happens and you have to recatalog a bunch of furniture again. It happens, not the end of the world. Remain calm. ^___^

Overall; I hope everyone has a great day on Sunday; hosts and catalogers alike. This is a great community and I'm glad we can share in this game together and help each other when we can. Big thanks to the other Town Hosts, as well as the furniture suppliers for helping put this together; volunteering your time & furniture! I'm excited all this has come together so fast! It is going to be a fun time!

Gracie's in town for the fourth time.

I got the dreaded modern.

I currently own three pieces of modern: shoes, top and bottom. Will that be enough or do I need to seal the deal with the oval shades? (And if so does anyone have them?)

Roto13

Gracie's in town for the fourth time.

I got the dreaded modern.

I currently own three pieces of modern: shoes, top and bottom. Will that be enough or do I need to seal the deal with the oval shades? (And if so does anyone have them?)

Do you have multiple characters? Modern was my last assignment, too, so I said "Fuck that" and used one of my alts and go Cute or something.

Forgot to mention for my brief town report, got another blue rose today (up to 4!). Sold 10,700 turnips at 450 each (my town price) to get roughly 4.8 million. And a visitor who sold his pile gave me 900,000 in a tip. Finally crested 5 million in the account. Have enough to finish my house and start PWPs.

Also got the sweet shrimp and spiny lobster, so I'm done for September catches. Just need to grind beetles for Saturday. Have almost nothing of the bug set, and don't want to wait until June to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom