• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, got suggested the Flower Arch. Also finally have the cafe not, and I think the last expansion for my house. Big day for me! :D

I'm afraid due to timezones I won't be able to pick up anything until almost 12AM UTC (7PM EST). Could someone please grab an extra veggie basket for me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Koomaster

To whoever was saying they had never seen it rain on the island before...

tumblr_mtdi1pi5dQ1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Its sunny in my town right now, but not my island. So I figured, whatever; I'll just visit the club tortimer island and hope I don't get Resettied while there so I can tan.
Plus I forgot to wear my tanning outfit; so I can fix that too....

tumblr_mtdilfhA4m1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

NOPE! Also raining on the club tortimer island.

After that I tried again and got a west coast island where it is 6am and dark.
My tanning luck is no good today. ~___~

Koren

But I will say that setups matter a lot. Just walking around my TT town in its beta state is so cool because of all the bends in the river. This is the setup:

yJS8kNsl.jpg
That's funny, that's almost exactly my town in reverse. The only differences are the lake that is two bends farther down the river, the access to beach on the side (my northern beach has no access, but the large one has two), and I have an additional small lake.

I lose some space with all those bends, but I actually enjoy it.

Checked to see that there were no flags for movers and set Bywater (my main town) aside for a bit.
Does this actually work?

I feel the same guys. With GTA V out now and the online modus to come it will only get worse. Plus Pokémon is almost there too. Fitting in gaming and watching TV shows with my job and study is hard enough already.
I mostly play AC when listening to TV shows... that saves you time ^_^

It's a damn shame you can't do a full lockdown because I don't want to lose my villagers. I know I would return from time to time to just mess around or do special events and stuff but they just force you to keep playing or else everything you worked so hard for goes to ruining.
I agree. That's also the reason why I'm reluctant to spend hours reloading the game for a good house placement. I hope I won't need this using PWP placement. But I'll still miss some villagers if they decide to move, especially Nibbles (she's as funny as she's cute).

Philia

GTAV is awesome. With that said, I'm still checking up on my villagers everyday with 15 minutes to remind me of how fucking precious and adorable this game is. :3 Nothing makes me smile faster than seeing Rudy cheer. Or Marina walking around with her tentacles. :3

Okay, Ms. Galactic Fork, whenever you're free today for me to drop in, I got the last of the orders in this morning. Full Regal and Lovely series plus all fruit sets have been stuffed in my locker for delivery.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Okay, Ms. Galactic Fork, whenever you're free today for me to drop in, I got the last of the orders in this morning. Full Regal and Lovely series plus all fruit sets have been stuffed in my locker for delivery.

If you're still on, I'm ready now! I'm in 9 villager mode, so I'm a little paranoid! But Eh, I'll live if I get somebody's cast off. It'll just mean a little bit of groundhog daying.

If you're still on, I'm ready now! I'm in 9 villager mode, so I'm a little paranoid! But Eh, I'll live if I get somebody's cast off. It'll just mean a little bit of groundhog daying.

Yup, I can come by quickly. I'll just pull the first batch out of my locker to speed things up.

:( I don't blame you, playing host like this. But you're safe from me at least.

Linius

Great, on my way then. Dropping of everything except for the floor and wall, those can't be ordered so they won't be of much use. Both Saharah.

Marvie_3

Banned
I've got a ton of bushes in my storage to trade if anyone wants them.

I have:

13 - Holly
16 - White Azaela
16 - Pink Azalea

I'm looking for hydrangeas. Preferably blue.

Frost_Ace

Guys since today is an event day and I can't ask Isabelle about the status of the town, will it count automatically towards the 15 days of perfect town? Or I have to start again?

Guys since today is an event day and I can't ask Isabelle about the status of the town, will it count automatically towards the 15 days of perfect town? Or I have to start again?

Presuming you still meet the qualifications, it still counts. You don't have to verify it with her to keep the streak going.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
OK open! I cheated by moving my time to the day I had boxed Cheri last night after the last time I played. Since i hadn't officially loaded a new day since, it still the same day and Cheri is still in boxes. She's already going to Aveyn, though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The only reason you need to talk to her is to confirm your town is perfect.

Linius

Any American player that wants to let me in to get the autumn moon gift?

EDIT

Gonna do some other stuff. I'll try again later.

Westraid

Today is Autumn Moon, and the European item you can get from Isabelle is a Veggie Basket.
hFv.jpg

If anyone wants to drop by to get it, send me a message. :)
My friendcode is 2234-7257-0692 and my town name is Andromea.
The event runs for another seven and a half hours, so you can drop by whenever for as long as the event is held.

Linius

Today is Autumn Moon, and the European item you can get from Isabelle is a Veggie Basket.
hFv.jpg

The event runs for another seven and a half hours, so you can drop by whenever for as long as the event is held.

Such a cute kitchen! What is that book on the right side of the table?

Westraid

Thank you! I hate cooking irl but in Animal Crossing the kitchen is my favourite room in the house. The book is a lucky clover.
You can pick them up outside and sometimes it'll be a four leaf clover right?
If you put it in your house it'll be a book with a clover book mark. :)

Linius

Thank you! I hate cooking irl but in Animal Crossing the kitchen is my favourite room in the house. The book is a lucky clover.
You can pick them up outside and sometimes it'll be a four leaf clover right?
If you put it in your house it'll be a book with a clover book mark. :)

Oh sweet! I have one of those in my locker but never put it out. Good to know.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I like the use of the display stand as kitchen counters. Clever idea.

My only problem with kitchens is the lack of variety in the items. They need more items like the retro frdige or the ghastly lovely kitchen so people can really make a kitchen room their own.

Frost_Ace

Presuming you still meet the qualifications, it still counts. You don't have to verify it with her to keep the streak going.

The only reason you need to talk to her is to confirm your town is perfect.
Oh ok then, awesome!

hFv.jpg

Awesome kitchen!

Finally, Shari moved out. She's the first villager of mine to let go, too.

She was one of my original villagers and I wanted her out from the start but I grew attached to her as time went by. If I got stung by bees, she gave me medicine. She also gave me all of the Uchi related PWPs, so letting her go was an easy decision. Her house was placed too close to mine so having her gone is wonderful but deep down I still do miss her...

BUhbEqWCEAAdwnX.jpg

Goodbye, Shari. Thank you for your photo in the mail. I hope you find a nice town to live in.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Speaking of movers...Sparro is in boxes today. If anybody who hasn't had any recent movers would like him, please let me know. I'd rather have him go somewhere instead of nowhere, if possible :p

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
If any of you Euro players on my friends list want to stop by and grab a wheat bundle, I'll be open.

Wheat. Humph.

A bit delayed but my stuff's all been dropped off. Thanks again to all of this weekend's hosts. It's great to see people being so generous with their time.

MicH

Gayle, the cute pink normal alligator, is moving out of my town on the 22nd. My last villager of my original five. Does anyone want to take her? I want her to get a new loving home

Does this actually work?

Ok, for everyone who is wondering about taking a break (probably healthy—I think everyone is going to be checking out their towns when the snow starts), here's how you avoid flowers dying and villagers moving out. First the flowers: turn on Beautiful Town. Simple. No cockroaches in your house, and all flowers alive.

Now, the trickier part: keeping your villagers. The reason people are losing villagers when they TT or don't play for a while is that a FLAG (an indication that someone is moving) has been set and they don't know it. So, if you're going to be off for any length of time, you set your SYSTEM CLOCK (not the clock with Isabelle!) to a month ahead and start up with New Save File. If any of your villagers had a moving flag down, they will be gone (their house will not be on the map). Then you just set your System Clock back to today's date, go find the mover, wait for them to ping you, and tell them not to move. Once they agree, save. That's it! The game cannot put down a moving flag the same day someone agrees to save, so you could literally not play for fifty years, and all your villagers would be there.

Hope that helps! And even though I'm taking a break for a couple days, I'm booting up tomorrow to celebrate Octavian's birthday and Saturday for Ankha. Cool pics from TTing village to come.

And Koren: jealous that you have that setup in your main town. Would love to come visit sometime and see what you did with it!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anyone need the European present?

EDIT: Also it's the Double Neck Guitar at Nintendo Zones in EU for anyone who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom