• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Got another pic of Sparro in the mail :(

and oddly another one from Groucho as well. I guess from letting him come to my house yesterday.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
For those curious why I'm collecting balloon dogs, I'm hoping to have a 6x6 display of them:

tumblr_mtfie2QCHn1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

Almost half way!

Koomaster

For those curious why I'm collecting balloon dogs, I'm hoping to have a 6x6 display of them:

tumblr_mtfie2QCHn1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

Almost half way!
I have 6 balloon dog lamps if you want them. They are already pre-customized as well in the 5 colors plus a regular uncustomized one.

I was going to use them for something but ended up changing my mind so they are just taking up storage space. Do me a favor and take them.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
The balloons are so disappointing really... It woulda been better if the balloon items were rare, and usually you got regular items. Then there'd be a reason to keep popping them after you see how ugly all the balloon stuff is.

Koomaster

The balloons are so disappointing really... It woulda been better if the balloon items were rare, and usually you got regular items. Then there'd be a reason to keep popping them after you see how ugly all the balloon stuff is.
Agreed, it used to be that way, them dropping random furniture items. They should have kept that, but then add in balloon furniture to the mix as well. Keep balloons the only way to get balloon furniture, but not have that furniture series the only thing in the balloons.

As it is I actively seek ways to pop balloons over water, or paths and flowers just so they go away. Don't even want to take the time to pick up the present, open it and then take it to Re-Tail.

Meier

I put my slingshot away since the balloon stuff is so ugly. No reason to waste an inventory slot.

Are there gold versions of the tools/equipment in ACNL or is it just silver?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I put my slingshot away since the balloon stuff is so ugly. No reason to waste an inventory slot.

Are there gold versions of the tools/equipment in ACNL or is it just silver?

After I got the gold slingshot... I stopped using it. It just takes up a place in my closet. I see other silver slingshots flying overhead sometimes, I just ignore them too.

I have Patchwork and Chess bits for RPG Master to come pick up and a load of stuff for BGBW. I will be free in about an hour, for about 2 hours.

Argh. I'm at a job fair for the foreseeable future. (Being Mayor doesn't pay all the bills unfortunately) I'll have to pick them up later.

Seigyoku

After I got the gold slingshot... I stopped using it. It just takes up a place in my closet. I see other silver slingshots flying overhead sometimes, I just ignore them too.

I'm keeping mine till I get the gold balloon badge. (Already on silver.) The day Phineas turns up with that one, it goes into storage FOREVER.

Still no last fossil. But at least I'm collecting plenty of duplicates to make a couple little models (which I haven't done yet) so...silver lining. :/

Edit: And I finally produced a purple pansy. :)

Niraj

Tammi wanted to play hide and seek. Both her and Lionel decided to hide behind their respective houses :/ they're not very good

Koomaster

Tammi wanted to play hide and seek. Both her and Lionel decided to hide behind their respective houses :/ they're not very good
I almost failed hide and seek this morning. Couldn't find the last villager and thought I was going crazy. I forgot they could hide behind palm trees on the beach. I had like 20 seconds remaining when I found him. ~__~;;

Niraj

I almost failed hide and seek this morning. Couldn't find the last villager and thought I was going crazy. I forgot they could hide behind palm trees on the beach. I had like 20 seconds remaining when I found him. ~__~;;

Close call! Lol

I went through my stuff and found a Samurai Helmet and a Fall Leaf Shirt, are those of any help?

Somebody on GF helping me. BTW Is there anyone here looking for Skye? Got her in my TTing town, and she's a keeper imo. Will post a pic soon (and some of those badass kangaroos before they're gone).

GTA V is everything I hoped it would be, but AC is still going strong for me. Worried about the rest of the community, but that's what happens. People still play Dark Souls, and people are going to keep playing this game, even if it's in reduced numbers. Plus I think tons of new players will show up around the holidays when people gift the 3DS/2DS as it's priced so competitively.

Skye is lovely. :) Unfortunately, there are just too many great normals. You shouldn't have any trouble finding her a home though.

Well, I'll enjoy having her around, and I intend to keep a few villagers for continuity, so maybe she'll stay (getting Static from LMG, yay!).

Jamie, what is your approach with your TTing town. Did you expand your house at all, build any PWPs, etc? I'm finding if I don't do at least a little bit of that stuff, it makes it hard to be in the place.

Now that I have a bunch of perfect apple trees planted and a few PWPs, it feels more like my vacation home and not just an exercise.

Niraj

GTA V is everything I hoped it would be, but AC is still going strong for me. Worried about the rest of the community, but that's what happens. People still play Dark Souls, and people are going to keep playing this game, even if it's in reduced numbers. Plus I think tons of new players will show up around the holidays when people gift the 3DS/2DS as it's priced so competitively.

Yeah thread's basically been "dead" for over a month now. Even with new users during the holidays, we're never going to get back to the peak times of mid OT3 to early OT4. Just how things go I guess.

tumblr_mtftenJH5G1rf96tno1_400.jpg

Ooh, I like Pierce's design.

Pretty much all the eagles are solid looking.

Jamie, what is your approach with your TTing town. Did you expand your house at all, build any PWPs, etc? I'm finding if I don't do at least a little bit of that stuff, it makes it hard to be in the place.

No, I haven't expanded my house there. And the only PWPs I've built are a second bridge (in a failed attempt to see how long it would take villagers to pay it off themselves) and the campsite obviously. I keep the trees at a minimum so I don't miss anyone hiding in the trees.

At this point, it's really just a place to learn some of the quirks of the game, and cycle and hold villagers for friends. Niraj comes by occasionally to pull weeds for that silly badge when it gets "dirty" as he says. Someday, I think it'd be fun to build something new from scratch.

It is disappointing to see the community dissipate. I imagine too that the Pokemon players will shift their attention to that from AC soon enough. But I still like the daily experience—no matter how long or short that happens to be.

And hopefully this isn't too out of turn but if you happen to find Soleil (little snooty hamster) in your travels and decide not to keep her, I'm desperate to find her. She's become my absolute favorite villager but I can't keep the one I have in my TT town. I'd happily give her a permanent home if you come across her.

Oxx

AC had a good run. It has been a while since it released.

As people said, Pokemon, 2DS, and Christmas will swell the numbers somewhat.

zigg

It's victory picture time! Today has been kind of sweet.

Two new ones today. They're growing like crazy now. It helps that I've still kept the rest of my town flower-free, of course.

Who approved this monstrosity? Oh, wait, I guess that was me. The mayor.

Mostly done by me with a few that Philia tossed my way some time ago.

Yeeep. Though I'm sure many of you have me beat at this point. ;)

Oh AND Saharah gave me rare wallpaper and carpet too. Win!

And hopefully this isn't too out of turn but if you happen to find Soleil (little snooty hamster) in your travels and decide not to keep her, I'm desperate to find her. She's become my absolute favorite villager but I can't keep the one I have in my TT town. I'd happily give her a permanent home if you come across her.
I'm glad I caught this. Soleil is sort of a fixture in my town and hasn't mentioned wanting to move yet, but I'll try to remember to keep you in mind if she does.

Frogstep

Two new ones today. They're growing like crazy now. It helps that I've still kept the rest of my town flower-free, of course.

My beach is starting to get covered in blue roses and purple pansies now. Took a while but they're breeding like bunnies now. :O

Elija2

Saharah was in my town today but the only exclusive item I got from her is a mortar wall. How does she choose which wallpaper/flooring to give you, and is there a way to game the system so you always get both a Saharah wallpaper and flooring?

zigg

My beach is starting to get covered in blue roses and purple pansies now. Took a while but they're breeding like bunnies now. :O
Ain't it great? The best part was that I realized today that I don't need to plant them on the beach anymore.

Saharah was in my town today but the only exclusive item I got from her is a mortar wall. How does she choose which wallpaper/flooring to give you, and is there a way to game the system so you always get both a Saharah wallpaper and flooring?
Seems random from my perspective. My main room is full of flowers in cold storage and a few random bits of furniture right now.

Chopper

Resetti...

Sort of laughably frustrating how easily the blue roses breed after you get them going. I seem to wake up to more of them than anything else. I'm glad to hear purple pansies are the same as it's taken me forever (and lot of guesswork) to coax one out.

I'm glad I caught this. Soleil is sort of a fixture in my town and hasn't mentioned wanting to move yet, but I'll try to remember to keep you in mind if she does.

That's very kind.

Frogstep

Sort of laughably frustrating how easily the blue roses breed after you get them going. I seem to wake up to more of them than anything else. I'm glad to hear purple pansies are the same as it's taken me forever (and lot of guesswork) to coax one out.

Blue and pink roses are the ones that I'm getting a lot more of than anything else. Purple pansies and orange roses are starting to get momentum though.

I think the one flower I won't be making a lot of are gold roses. I'm not digging the way they look that much and you have to sacrifice black roses so it's kind of a loss on all parts for me.

I think the one flower I won't be making a lot of are gold roses. I'm not digging the way they look that much and you have to sacrifice black roses so it's kind of a loss on all parts for me.

Yeah, I think less is sometimes more there. I have two in a rainbow of roses in from of my town hall (one was a gift and the other I asked Niraj to make since I'm under the beautiful town ordinance) and they make nice little accent pieces. Not sure where I'd put more though so that's probably it.

Chopper

Blue and pink roses are the ones that I'm getting a lot more of than anything else. Purple pansies and orange roses are starting to get momentum though.

Weirdly, the only flower that is not represented in my town is a pink lily. Just because I haven't tried. Blue roses are picking up momentum, and purple pansies are plentiful!

I just need two more gold roses to fill a little gap in the one bed that is to house them. No more. They're pretty ugly. Still, donations welcome. I'm BT fo' life.

Koomaster

Pink lilies are awesome; I can't get enough of them : )

Not counting Gold roses, my rarest flower is the orange tulip--only have one of those...
Yeah aside from Gold roses my rarest is a black cosmos since I only have one of those.

I could have more gold roses but I actually like the black roses more than the gold.

Niraj

Weirdly, the only flower that is not represented in my town is a pink lily. Just because I haven't tried. Blue roses are picking up momentum, and purple pansies are plentiful!

I just need two more gold roses to fill a little gap in the one bed that is to house them. No more. They're pretty ugly. Still, donations welcome. I'm BT fo' life.

I can make a couple more for you if I remember.

Edit: I laid out my extra villager pics in a newly vacated museum room. Counting ones I've given away, I have gotten: Flurry x5, Lionel x4, Muffy x4, Tammi x3, Boomer x2, Sparro x2, Rhonda x2, Annalisa x2, Drago x2, Groucho x2. Not too bad :) Ankha is slacking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom