• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free at last. Hippeux's finally, finally leaving after a three month reign of terror.

Galactic Fork's influence continues to grow in the Burrow.

tumblr_mthcn70OL71qa25kqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mthcn70OL71qa25kqo2_400.jpg

And I found my missing fossil. Mammoth torso. Hilarious.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you want more A-items you can come to my town today. Let me know. Also don't know if you saw my other post but I have 6 balloon dog lamps you can have if you want them for your collection.
Sorry, just back on. If you're still around I'd like to take advantage of your kind offer. I saw your message about the dogs and they'll be very useful thank you. MobileGAF for some reason didn't want to send my response which is why it may have seemed like I missed it. :S

Just need to go through some streetpass games first so shouldn't be too long.

Westraid

Free at last. Hippeux's finally, finally leaving after a three month reign of terror.

Galactic Fork's influence continues to grow in the Burrow.

tumblr_mthcn70OL71qa25kqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mthcn70OL71qa25kqo2_400.jpg

And I found my missing fossil. Mammoth torso. Hilarious.

Lucky you. It's been like over two months now that I'm stuck with that stupid hippo. He said he was going to leave and I was overjoyed, but then he decided not to. Had he actually moved, I could have had Vesta who showed up in my town a day after he was supposed to leave. :mad:

Lucky you. It's been like over two months now that I'm stuck with that stupid hippo. He said he was going to leave and I was overjoyed, but then he decided not to. Had he actually moved, I could have had Vesta who showed up in my town a day after he was supposed to leave. :mad:

You have my sincerest sympathies. :( I thought he'd never leave.

! Who are you going to replace him with?

;) zigg is a very generous man. Tarnation.

Koomaster

Sorry, just back on. If you're still around I'd like to take advantage of your kind offer. I saw your message about the dogs and they'll be very useful thank you. MobileGAF for some reason didn't want to send my response which is why it may have seemed like I missed it. :S

Just need to go through some streetpass games first so shouldn't be too long.
My gates are back open again if you want to pop by.
Put the balloon dog lamps by the station.

Was just working on my autumn standee; so had to close them for a bit.
Coming along good so far...
tumblr_mthfvjASoq1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Much thanks, though the list is blank on my end. No worries I'm in no hurry.

Just making a town layout like Philia's. Counting squares sure in tedious.

Roto13

Got a Celebration Hat from Katrina because I was having bad money luck. How does this thing work? Does it give you good luck all the time or just on days when your luck is bad?

Koomaster

Much thanks, though the list is blank on my end. No worries I'm in no hurry.

Just making a town layout like Philia's. Counting squares sure in tedious.
Hmm, checked to make sure we are friends and I see you online. So not sure what the issue is/was. I closed and re-opened my gates so hopefully that works.

Take your time, I'll leave them open for a while.

MicH

Was just working on my autumn standee; so had to close them for a bit.
Coming along good so far...
tumblr_mthfvjASoq1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
Oooh nice! I really liked your fisherman standee too

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Watching Flurry sneak up on bugs with her net was melting my cold, unfeeling heart.

Then I talked to Muffy and she said Flurry was thinking about moving, and the moment was over :(

If anyone has an extra butterfly table or two, I'll have some duplicate A list stuff available later. Plus the spiderweb clock which I don't care about one way or the other.

Watching Flurry sneak up on bugs with her net was melting my cold, unfeeling heart.

The look on their face when you steal their bug is the best.

Yeah, I steal their bugs for my own amusement.

Niraj

If anyone has an extra butterfly table or two, I'll have some duplicate A list stuff available later. Plus the spiderweb clock which I don't care about one way or the other.

I have one you can have.

And yeah, that's great. I also found out they can get sad if you scare one away and then talk to them :(

braves01

Banned

I thought I was the only one who loved doing this? I've been trying to snap a picture of the perfect moment when my net is down on their bug and their eyes are wide with shock. lol

Anustart

Gaston is cool and all, but all he talks about is Wee and Weeville. Won't stop whistling the town tune either! I think I'm going to have to beat allegiance into him!

Also, caught a 103 point bug, that good enough 1st? And looking at the furniture list, it looks like it takes multiple years to even get it all?!

Boogiepop

Where do I even get 80+ point bugs right now? Am I screwed because I didn't grab stuff in advance from the island late at night? The guide I was looking at called the Migratory Locust a B class bug, but I got one with good coloring and standard size and only got 40-some points.

Niraj

Gaston is cool and all, but all he talks about is Wee and Weeville. Won't stop whistling the town tune either! I think I'm going to have to beat allegiance into him!

Also, caught a 103 point bug, that good enough 1st? And looking at the furniture list, it looks like it takes multiple years to even get it all?!

For every bug above 80 that beats your own top score, you get another piece. You can also visit another town and repeatedly beat their score to get bug items as well (80+ pts still). This is the last one, but there were three before it. You just missed out :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thanks Koo, but I didn't know you had such a high score. It's making it a bit harder to get the items since even the rare bugs are failing. May have to catalogue the rest. Hopefully I get the ladybird chair at least.

Niraj

Where do I even get 80+ point bugs right now? Am I screwed because I didn't grab stuff in advance from the island late at night? The guide I was looking at called the Migratory Locust a B class bug, but I got one with good coloring and standard size and only got 40-some points.

Birdwing butterflies are usually over 100 in my experience. Kind of uncommon though

Still looking for anyone with the set of items contain the butterfly table, beetle chair, etc. Need the items from that set. I have it in my town, but I didn't want to inflate the scores in case anyone wanted to come over.

Koomaster

Thanks Koo, but I didn't know you had such a high score. It's making it a bit harder to get the items since even the rare bugs are failing. May have to catalogue the rest. Hopefully I get the ladybird chair at least.
Sorry about that, I turned in what should be a low scoring bug to see which list I was on and it turned out to be the biggest and shiniest bug the dude had ever seen and I got 95points off of it. I have an extra ladybird chair you can have.

Ooh! You're on! Can I swing by with that furniture?

And I totally forgot about the bug off today. A day to sleep in after my shitty week was so needed.

veras

Kind of want to get silver and bronze trophies with my two characters, roughly what's usually the approximate score to get those?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sorry about that, I turned in what should be a low scoring bug to see which list I was on and it turned out to be the biggest and shiniest bug the dude had ever seen and I got 95points off of it. I have an extra ladybird chair you can have.
No worries. I just happened to have a bad streak of bad coloured bugs so they kept only scraping past 80. But you've been really helpful so I can't complain.

Now to see if I can get set B from another town.

Ooh! You're on! Can I swing by with that furniture?

And I totally forgot about the bug off today. A day to sleep in after my shitty week was so needed.
I'm about to leave Koo's so I'll open my gate in like five mins.

EDIT: OH NO! An error just as I was about to leave. :(

Koomaster

No worries. I just happened to have a bad streak of bad coloured bugs so they kept only scraping past 80. But you've been really helpful so I can't complain.

I was just about to save again too. ~___~

Gates are re-opened.

I have B set, record is 81. If you want to swing by, let me know.

EDIT: OH NO! An error!

Ahh! No worries. I need to migrate my stuff from the museum to my storage anyways. I'll be around for a little bit.

Roto13

So, ultimate plan for my town:

- Make dirt paths to buildings by using flowers and plants and stuff to mark where I should walk and run. (Texture paths are lame.) This is basically done, though I'll probably still tweak it a bit.

- Fill every non-path tile with flowers, trees, and bushes. This is actually mostly done, too, since I already had a ton of flowers from my futile attempt to regrow the grass in my barren shithole of a town. Grass deterioration is annoying. (I planted the flowers and then later learned that you actually have to water them every day and a month later you'll have some grass if you never walk in those spots. Screw that.)

- Arrange the flowers by colour. I want to have *some* kind of uniformity to the flowers so they're not just randomly placed, but there's a limit to how much effort I'm willing to put into it. I'm thinking all of the southern flowers will be red, the central flowers will be yellow, and the northern flowers will be white. I do not have the patience or desire to cross breed flowers, though I have a handful of hybrids that just happened by accident so I'll find spots to put those, too.

Thoughts?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have B set, record is 81. If you want to swing by, let me know.
Thanks a lot. Just tell me when you're open and I'll come. Not it a rush.

Thanks again Koo. Thought it was best to get in and go before another error HA HA.

Think I managed to get the whole set in the end though.

Koomaster

- Make dirt paths to buildings by using flowers and plants and stuff to mark where I should walk and run. (Texture paths are lame.) This is basically done, though I'll probably still tweak it a bit.

- Fill every non-path tile with flowers, trees, and bushes. This is actually mostly done, too, since I already had a ton of flowers from my futile attempt to regrow the grass in my barren shithole of a town. Grass deterioration is annoying. (I planted the flowers and then later learned that you actually have to water them every day and a month later you'll have some grass if you never walk in those spots. Screw that.)

- Arrange the flowers by colour. I want to have *some* kind of uniformity to the flowers so they're not just randomly placed, but there's a limit to how much effort I'm willing to put into it. I'm thinking all of the southern flowers will be red, the central flowers will be yellow, and the northern flowers will be white. I do not have the patience or desire to cross breed flowers, though I have a handful of hybrids that just happened by accident so I'll find spots to put those, too.

Thoughts?
This sounds like it would be an interesting look. Might want to make sure there are dirt paths running in front of fruit trees so when you shake up, the fruit falls on the path instead of disappearing in a field of flowers.

braves01

Banned

Thoughts?

Thanks for making me feel bad about having tile paths ;-)

Koomaster

Thanks alot.

Thanks again Koo. Thought it was best to get in and go before another error HA HA.

Think I managed to get the whole set in the end though.
No worries; sorry for the troubles. Good dry run for tomorrow. I had my timer set to go off every 10 minutes and save. I was ~30 seconds out from another save. May have to reduce that to like 5min. :p

Roto13

This sounds like it would be an interesting look. Might want to make sure there are dirt paths running in front of fruit trees so when you shake up, the fruit falls on the path instead of disappearing in a field of flowers.

Honestly, I pick fruit so rarely that it'd make more sense just to pick the flowers before I shake the trees and then replant them afterwards.

The fruit in my town is purely ornamental until one of my villagers asks me to bring them some.

Thanks for making me feel bad about having tile paths ;-)

They always look so out of place, especially on corners and any time they're not running perfectly horizontally or vertically. Dirt paths look more "real" in terms of not clashing with the grass and trees around them.

Boogiepop

Man, I feel bad. I used the International Island to help me out with the bug contest. But the first time I got a connection error, and then the second time the dude clearly wanted something but I couldn't even tell what language he was speaking! I'm sorry random international players! I needed your night-time island!

Niraj

Man, I feel bad. I used the International Island to help me out with the bug contest. But the first time I got a connection error, and then the second time the dude clearly wanted something but I couldn't even tell what language he was speaking! I'm sorry random international players! I needed your night-time island!

He probably wanted you to give him money, to be fair.

Well, Wee and Weeville are totally awesome. Sorry about the tune, though. It never quite worked how I wanted it to.

Velcro Fly

Got a 71 point bug for first place. But I want that prize for 80 points! Forgot to play early enough during the last bug off to defend my title but this time I'm determined!

Also dug up Samson's time capsule. Love Samson so much.

Niraj

I got held up on the international island before. Someone came and was like; 'Give me 50,000 or I Resetti this place.'

I just laughed because I had just gotten there myself so I didn't care. :p

lol what an idiot. I went one time to catch a bug for one of my villagers, and first this dude asked for the blue rose in my mouth, which I declined, then, when that failed, he asked for like 20k. Like dude, all you have to do is catch beetles for a minute and you could make that much yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom