• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

REMINDER: Don't forget to exchange Friend Codes with the host towns. So far I've only gotten a handful of PMs! :)

No need to dress up but it's a NeoGaf special occasion! Welcome to the AC GAF Cataloging Event!!
Fill out the missing pieces in your furniture series and sets in order to create the dream house
you're looking for and up your HHA Score in the process.

tumblr_mtbkdsYVAH1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtbkf648SD1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tumblr_mtbkgcE6Sy1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtbkhisNXh1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mtbkioiyMK1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtbkjpiljJ1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where Do I Start: How Do I Participate?
If you aren't already friends with a Town Host; get it done before Sunday. Add their FC and PM yours to them. This is super important to do before the event happens. Otherwise a Town Host would have to kick everyone out of their town and close their gates just to add your FC. So don't procrastinate! It's up to the discretion of each Town Host whether they add you on Sunday. We may get everyone taken care of or have a slow period toward the end where we can add more people. But again, it's more hassle to do it that way so don't count on that happening. If you are interested in taking part in this event; exchange those friend codes! :)

How Do I Catalog?
1. Visit a Host Town
2. Go to the location in their town where they are having the event.
3. Pick up pieces of furniture, wallpaper and carpet.
4. Drop what you've picked up where you found it.
5. And just like that; congratulations; you've cataloged some furniture!
6. When you return to your own town, check your catalog at the Nooklings store. You'll see the furniture there ready to order!

Do I have to visit every town?
Nope! If you are only missing pieces from the polka-dot series or only want to catalog DLC, just visit the towns you need.
Refer to the above images to see which host town has which furniture series/sets. Visit one, or visit all four, the choice is yours!

It's Sunday and I don't see X-town on my train destination list. What gives?
Check this thread on Sunday for any changes/announcements. Something may happen where a Town Host has to leave early or is having internet troubles.
Best to stay informed and here is the best place. We will try to stay around and accommodate everyone who wants to catalog, but sometimes life happens.

Any Rules I should know?
1. No running; it's bad for the environment.
2. Follow paths where applicable.
3. Don't pick up, destroy, move or take flowers.
4. Don't chop down trees.
5. Don't take fruit unless you ask the host and they allow you.
6. When leaving, make sure your pockets are empty; don't take furniture with you.
7. Most importantly; be courteous and patient. A town may be full when you check; and you have to wait for a spot to open. There may be a lot of loading screens with trains coming and going. Don't let it get you frustrated! Also Town Hosts will try to save as best they can; but don't get upset if a Resetti happens and you have to recatalog a bunch of furniture again. It happens, not the end of the world. Remain calm. ^___^

Overall; I hope everyone has a great day on Sunday; hosts and catalogers alike. This is a great community and I'm glad we can share in this game together and help each other when we can. Big thanks to the other Town Hosts, as well as the furniture suppliers for helping put this together; volunteering your time & furniture! I'm excited all this has come together so fast! It is going to be a fun time!

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I can make a couple more for you if I remember.

Edit: I laid out my extra villager pics in a newly vacated museum room. Counting ones I've given away, I have gotten: Flurry x5, Lionel x4, Muffy x4, Tammi x3, Boomer x2, Sparro x2, Rhonda x2, Annalisa x2, Drago x2, Groucho x2. Not too bad :) Ankha is slacking though.

Man... Your are like the picture whisperer! I don't get it! Chrissy is an original villager, and I only recently got hers. I bow to your picture getting powers.

Overall; I hope everyone has a great day on Sunday; hosts and catalogers alike. This is a great community and I'm glad we can share in this game together and help each other when we can. Big thanks to the other Town Hosts, as well as the furniture suppliers for helping put this together; volunteering your time & furniture! I'm excited all this has come together so fast! It is going to be a fun time!

You should also add our AC name and towns so people know who it is in Porter's list. Mine is Tessa from Townburg

Sort of laughably frustrating how easily the blue roses breed after you get them going. I seem to wake up to more of them than anything else. I'm glad to hear purple pansies are the same as it's taken me forever (and lot of guesswork) to coax one out.
:( I have 4 in a diamond pattern and they breed at the rate of 1 a week. What black magic is this?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Man... Your are like the picture whisperer! I don't get it! Chrissy is an original villager, and I only recently got hers. I bow to your picture getting powers.

I'm just more lovable than you.

And chances are I have more playing time, to be fair.

I should have tried for a scorpion last month.

You can't scare crickets away so easily.

I know now I'm not getting a scorpion. I just don't have the time and I've seen a total of two since August 1st. Kinda pisses me off. Even other bugs listed as rare have not fucked me over like that red son of a bitch has.

Oh hey, Koo... might be good to have the town name listed next to each person too for the info post. So people are not too confused what town they're looking at for which items.

And hopefully this isn't too out of turn but if you happen to find Soleil (little snooty hamster) in your travels and decide not to keep her, I'm desperate to find her. She's become my absolute favorite villager but I can't keep the one I have in my TT town. I'd happily give her a permanent home if you come across her.

Got it!

Niraj

Nah. I befriended a girl from Germany on the island and she was tripping the whole time so I figured she could use my lovely phone to see what her lucky item is. She's coming over to my town anyway so I'll just get her to try it.

Bow chicka wow wow

Elija2

Yes, it's experience talking. Ow owww.

Well, she did give me her number...
friend code

Also, I'm too kind and I gave her all my duplicate pics. Ehh, they were taking up space anyway.

Anyway, I can confirm that visitors can use your lovely phone to get their fortune. I played it off pretty badly though. She said that she had to go to sleep and I asked her if before she goes that she could do me a favour. I then told her to follow me into my house. I can't imagine what she thought was gonna happen, but she was still confused when I asked her to try using my lovely phone.

Niraj

Well, she did give me her number...
friend code

Also, I'm too kind and I gave her all my duplicate pics. Ehh, they were taking up space anyway.

Anyway, I can confirm that visitors can use your lovely phone to get their fortune. I played it off pretty badly though. She said that she had to go to sleep and I asked her if before she goes that she could do me a favour. I then told her to follow me into my house. I can't imagine what she thought was gonna happen, but she was still confused when I asked her to try using my lovely phone.

Damn, whipped already. And lol, I bet that was a little awkward for her. Nice info to have though.

YES! And Pippy shows up in my Camp!

Huzzah!

Tenumi

Banned
Hello, Animal Crossing thread. Long time no see.

I'm one basement upgrade away from a completely payed off house. Feels good.

What doesn't feel good is having literally one more fossil to find. Dupes every day...

Patty moved out today, but she left a parting gift in the mail: Her picture. First pic I've gotten besides the Resetti brothers.

I should round up some pics for a pic dump sometime....

Roto13

Paths are lame, so I've arranged the flowers in my town to make natural dirt paths. I might just fill every square inch of my town with flowers, aside from the paths.

Niraj

Hello, Animal Crossing thread. Long time no see.

I'm one basement upgrade away from a completely payed off house. Feels good.

What doesn't feel good is having literally one more fossil to find. Dupes every day...

Patty moved out today, but she left a parting gift in the mail: Her picture. First pic I've gotten besides the Resetti brothers.

I should round up some pics for a pic dump sometime....

There are a couple people that share your fossil pains. I know somebody that can't find a mammoth skull for the life of her. Stay strong ;)

There are a couple people that share your fossil pains. I know somebody that can't find a mammoth skull for the life of her. Stay strong ;)

It's true, Tenumi. :( We must persevere through this adversity.

Still want to punch Blathers in the beak though.

Edit: Doesn't help that I lost my fourth fossil. Again. -_-

Boogiepop

Guys... the Scarab Beetle should be obviously different from the Fruit Beetle when I see it, right? Looking for one on the island right now.

Bugger! got wrapped up in writing, forgot I need to be farming beetles for tomorrow!

Need to finish that damn furniture set. Only have the Beetle Chair.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
My more recent streetpasses have commonly included music-boxed K.K. songs; is there one that doesn't sound amazing?

Niraj

My more recent streetpasses have commonly included music-boxed K.K. songs; is there one that doesn't sound amazing?

Out of the 10 or so I've made, Synth was probably my least favorite, which was disappointing, since that's one of my favorite songs. Something about it just didn't click.

Out of the 10 or so I've made, Synth was probably my least favorite, which was disappointing, since that's one of my favorite songs. Something about it just didn't click.
Aircheck Synth 4eva.

The best music box I've made so far is Steep Hill. It gives me VLR vibes.

Niraj

Aircheck Synth 4eva.

The best music box I've made so far is Steep Hill. It gives me VLR vibes.

I'd have to check which other ones I've made, but I think I remember Jongara, D&B, and Gumbo all being pretty solid. I think I have a copy of Steep Hill waiting for my next giant clam shell.

I'd have to check which other ones I've made, but I think I remember Jongara, D&B, and Gumbo all being pretty solid. I think I have a copy of Steep Hill waiting for my next giant clam shell.
Jongara is pretty sweet, it reminds me of an old NES game.

Forest Life is another great one.

Chopper

Unusually shit day for hybrids today. One orange tulip appears to be the total yield this morning. Annoying.

On the other hand, I have finally got Stonehenge built, and it is glorious!

My town is looking sick.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So bug off today. Since I spent the last two aiming for silver and bronze I've only got a few bug items. Two beetle chairs, a honeybee chest and a spiderweb clock.

Koomaster

Has the fertilizer gotten results for anybody? The four that I've buried have done nothing. :<
The very first one I used gave me a pink carnation hybrid.

tumblr_mt66slQ1gf1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Just bought my 2nd bag yesterday and planted it in the same spot. Will update if I get another hybrid in the next 15 min. as that's when the new day starts for me.

Edit: Yup...
tumblr_mtgzzh3JhG1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So the points a bug is worth is randomised the moment you hand it to him, so you can't make a note of how much one is worth and then reset to give them in the right order.

Don't suppose anyone will allow me to pop over later with some bugs so I can just get the prizes. If you're interested me town has set A items.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
So the points a bug is worth is randomised the moment you hand it to him, so you can't make a note of how much one is worth and then reset to give them in the right order.

Don't suppose anyone will allow me to pop over later with some bugs so I can just get the prizes. If you're interested me town has set A items.

Sure! If you don't mind waiting till this afternoon.

Koomaster

If you want more A-items you can come to my town today. Let me know. Also don't know if you saw my other post but I have 6 balloon dog lamps you can have if you want them for your collection.

If you want more A-items you can come to my town today. Let me know. Also don't know if you saw my other post but I have 6 balloon dog lamps you can have if you want them for your collection.
Mind if I come over in about 20 minutes or so? I need almost all the Bug Series items.

I just need anything over 80 points, right?

Just about to.

Edit: Got a Cicada Stereo, and the record is 81 points. I'll let anyone in who needs items from that set (B?).

Keep in mind that if you're submitting to another town, if you beat your home-town record, you'll need to beat the highest submitted score you've done in order to set a new record in your hometown.

Keep in mind that if you're submitting to another town, if you beat your home-town record, you'll need to beat the highest submitted score you've done in order to set a new record in your hometown.
Didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. :) I need the silver and bronze trophies anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom