• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We'll hold the world random for…

Twenty thousand bells!

cYAUKvI.jpg

Koomaster

lol what an idiot. I went one time to catch a bug for one of my villagers, and first this dude asked for the blue rose in my mouth, which I declined, then, when that failed, he asked for like 20k. Like dude, all you have to do is catch beetles for a minute and you could make that much yourself...
Hahaha, I tried to explain to someone before about making lots of money catching beetles on the island at night. Their response was; 'That's too hard, can't you just give me a few million bells?' :|

Koomaster

REMINDER: TOMORROW/SUNDAY IS THE CATALOGING EVENT! In case you haven't seen my numerous posts about it before, well here is another one. Read all about it.

No need to dress up but it's a NeoGaf special occasion! Welcome to the AC GAF Cataloging Event!!
Fill out the missing pieces in your furniture series and sets in order to create the dream house
you're looking for and up your HHA Score in the process.

tumblr_mtbkdsYVAH1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtbkf648SD1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tumblr_mtbkgcE6Sy1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtbkhisNXh1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mtbkioiyMK1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtbkjpiljJ1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where Do I Start: How Do I Participate?
If you aren't already friends with a Town Host; get it done before Sunday. Add their FC and PM yours to them. This is super important to do before the event happens. Otherwise a Town Host would have to kick everyone out of their town and close their gates just to add your FC. So don't procrastinate! It's up to the discretion of each Town Host whether they add you on Sunday. We may get everyone taken care of or have a slow period toward the end where we can add more people. But again, it's more hassle to do it that way so don't count on that happening. If you are interested in taking part in this event; exchange those friend codes! :)

How Do I Catalog?
1. Visit a Host Town
2. Go to the location in their town where they are having the event.
3. Pick up pieces of furniture, wallpaper and carpet.
4. Drop what you've picked up where you found it.
5. And just like that; congratulations; you've cataloged some furniture!
6. When you return to your own town, check your catalog at the Nooklings store. You'll see the furniture there ready to order!

Do I have to visit every town?
Nope! If you are only missing pieces from the polka-dot series or only want to catalog DLC, just visit the towns you need.
Refer to the above images to see which host town has which furniture series/sets. Visit one, or visit all four, the choice is yours!

It's Sunday and I don't see X-town on my train destination list. What gives?
Check this thread on Sunday for any changes/announcements. Something may happen where a Town Host has to leave early or is having internet troubles.
Best to stay informed and here is the best place. We will try to stay around and accommodate everyone who wants to catalog, but sometimes life happens.

Any Rules I should know?
1. No running; it's bad for the environment.
2. Follow paths where applicable.
3. Don't pick up, destroy, move or take flowers.
4. Don't chop down trees.
5. Don't take fruit unless you ask the host and they allow you.
6. When leaving, make sure your pockets are empty; don't take furniture with you.
7. Most importantly; be courteous and patient. A town may be full when you check; and you have to wait for a spot to open. There may be a lot of loading screens with trains coming and going. Don't let it get you frustrated! Also Town Hosts will try to save as best they can; but don't get upset if a Resetti happens and you have to recatalog a bunch of furniture again. It happens, not the end of the world. Remain calm. ^___^

Overall; I hope everyone has a great day on Sunday; hosts and catalogers alike. This is a great community and I'm glad we can share in this game together and help each other when we can. Big thanks to the other Town Hosts, as well as the furniture suppliers for helping put this together; volunteering your time & furniture! I'm excited all this has come together so fast! It is going to be a fun time!

veras

So I just had Gracie's store open today and the furniture is pretty expensive! Can I wait for the end of season sale to buy it, or is too much stuff """sold out""" to actually complete the set then? (or is it all just "sold out" all the time and you can't get any?)

Elija2

lol what an idiot. I went one time to catch a bug for one of my villagers, and first this dude asked for the blue rose in my mouth, which I declined, then, when that failed, he asked for like 20k. Like dude, all you have to do is catch beetles for a minute and you could make that much yourself...

One time I had a dude ask me to buy a mango from him for 1k. A mango that he got from one of the trees on the island. I assumed he was a kid so I humored him and did it. I then ate the mango in front of him.

So I just had Gracie's store open today and the furniture is pretty expensive! Can I wait for the end of season sale to buy it, or is too much stuff """sold out""" to actually complete the set then? (or is it all just "sold out" all the time and you can't get any?)

Her stuff is just extra pricey. Just have to be lucky enough to grab her stuff in your town and possibly more in other towns.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
eudaemonic, I think we're missing one item from the green set. It might be the pantry but I'll double check. I may have it catalogued so I could order it myself for tomorrow but I'll have to see after visiting ab.aeterno.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
One time I had a dude ask me to buy a mango from him for 1k. A mango that he got from one of the trees on the island. I assumed he was a kid so I humored him and did it. I then ate the mango in front of him.

Lol sounds like it was worth it then

Got 20 points with my monarch butterfly. Hope that's enough to get third place against Margie's 34-point grasshopper

Keep an eye on it though, they'll change throughout the day.

Velcro Fly

Caught a peacock butterfly that was big and had good color for 88 points! Got me a caterpillar sofa! Here's hoping I can win with that total!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So glad bug off is over. Got all three trophies and the sets with a few random spares. I'll make a note of what they are if others need them.

Apparently I came second in my own town. Don't even remember handing that bug in since I thought I lost all progress when I reset. So if anyone needs a silver trophy I've got a spare!

Niraj

So glad bug off is over. Got all three trophies and the sets with a few random spares. I'll make a note of what they are if others need them.

Apparently I came second in my own town. Don't even remember handing that bug in since I thought I lost all progress when I reset. So if anyone needs a silver trophy I've got a spare!

If I don't get second today, I'll take you up on that. Hoping 77 points is good enough for second or third.

Thing to note: my game is currently 12 hours behind, so I will be available for bugoffing later tonight and early tomorrow. (I'm at utc-5) (reason was that I hadn't played at all one day, and needed to check morning turnip prices for everyone. Haven't gotten around to correcting it yet because my schedule is still keeping me from playing at reasonable hours.)

Man, no one else has Set B? :(

Going to have to try and carefully plan out my bugs so I don't jump too high in my own town score then. Was hoping to use my main and alt to get 2nd/3rd place.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
eudaemonic, no need to worry about it. I ordered a green pantry from my catalogue.

Also weekly K.K. Slider reminder!

Velcro Fly

Anyone have a spare hero's clothes? I'll pay whatever or maybe trade if you need something I have extras of. Don't want to start using my play coins again :(

Ffff, my sister and I both failed to get the bronze bug trophy.

Does anyone have one they'd be willing to sell? I guess I could just catalog it if all else fails.

Also have nearly a dozen spare bug furniture from submitting bugs in non-native towns.

Ack! Hadn't thought of it, but I now have to beat my record from my trip to Koo's town, which is 120. I have to do it 4 times too, to get the last remaining furniture.

Nooooooo

Elija2

I have legit graceful and perfect paintings that I'd be willing to trade for any of these:

warm painting
dynamic painting
basic painting
wistful painting
serene painting
great sculpture
gallant sculpture

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I have legit graceful and perfect paintings that I'd be willing to trade for any of these:

warm painting
dynamic painting
basic painting
wistful painting
serene painting
great sculpture
gallant sculpture

I'm pretty sure I have a basic painting you can have. I'll check in a few. But I don't need anything for it. Just take it. TAKE IT!

ALSO! To anybody with TT Towns, does the new character trick work to check if neighbors are moving out? If you walk around as a new character, and none of your villagers are in boxes, does that mean they won't be when you start your real character?

Good God, I want to beat Nat with his own net. I've just burned through 10+ stags including a rainbow and golden to only get 2 pieces of furniture. I'll have to probably burn through the other 7 goldens I have saved up.

This is going to be the most expensive furniture for me.

EDIT: Nope, not even. Fucker rated all of them low except one that pushed the score too high. Ran out of bugs to submit. Have to Resetti at 3/4 pieces of furniture.

Please, God, let someone else have Set B.

EDIT 2: Holy shit, he's rating everything as lacking in luster. 6 stags down with jack shit. Getting too fucking pissed to play this.

Boogiepop

FINALLY! I caught a Petaltail dragonfly. Damn bastard was eluding me all month! Now I just need a spiny lobster and I'll be done with September catches! Today was truly a good day for bug... stuff.

Koomaster

warm painting
dynamic painting
basic painting
wistful painting
serene painting
great sculpture
gallant sculpture
I can take both Graceful and Perfect and give you Dynamic and Wistful.

Added the FC in your profile; mine: 0903-3656-0179

I can open my gates if you want.

Yep, you can get all the badges in one night.

Cool, I just got the bronze K.K. Slider badge. Looks like I still have a ways to go >___<

Also, still haven't gotten the bronze Weed badge even though I've pulled up weeds from two weed-infested towns.

Wait a moment... *checks guides* You need to pull 500 weeds for bronze? Um, okay...

Niraj

Cool, I just got the bronze K.K. Slider badge. Looks like I still have a ways to go >___<

Also, still haven't gotten the bronze Weed badge even though I've pulled up weeds from two weed-infested towns.

Wait a moment... *checks guides* You need to pull 500 weeds for bronze? Um, okay...

It's not that bad. Comes quicker than you would think.

Resetti'd 4 times now, with not much time left. This sucks.

What pieces are you missing?

ALSO! To anybody with TT Towns, does the new character trick work to check if neighbors are moving out? If you walk around as a new character, and none of your villagers are in boxes, does that mean they won't be when you start your real character?

I don't time travel that way but I think that's the method WheelHoss1 uses. You might want to check with him to be sure but it sounds right to me. He's got a link with some information about using an alt to check for boxed/moved out villagers in the future.

Butterfly Table, Butterfly Wall, Honeycomb Chest, Spiderweb Clock.

I've got the clock in storage and I'm not really a fan of spiders. You're welcome to it if your luck doesn't improve.

Niraj

Butterfly Table, Butterfly Wall, Honeycomb Chest, Spiderweb Clock.

I get fewer items each time I try.

Well shit, anybody who has gotten it can order you the butterfly wall, so don't worry about that. I'll order it for you later if you want.

I have an extra honeycomb chest if you need it Ab.ae. Hope you find the other missing pieces!

Well shit, anybody who has gotten it can order you the butterfly wall, so don't worry about that. I'll order it for you later if you want.

And Niraj has the butterfly table he was going to give to me which I could obtain through other methods. Between the three of us, that's everything you need. Why don't you call it a day, ab? :)

And Niraj has the butterfly table he was going to give to me which I could obtain through other methods. Between the three of us, that's everything you need. Why don't you call it a day, ab? :)
Are you sure? I'm sorry to have been whinging so much, but damn if it isn't frustrating. I'd certainly appreciate it, guys. It would mean a lot. :D

Not for lack of trying! After 7(?) attempts, with results of 3/0/0/2/0/1/1, giving up seems like the only thing to do. In hindsight, I really regret resetting after the first run. I was too upset at not getting all of them that I didn't think to just try and buy/trade for the last item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom