• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

IN JUST A FEW HOURS THE CATALOG EVENT WILL BEGIN!

No need to dress up but it's a NeoGaf special occasion! Welcome to the AC GAF Cataloging Event!!
Fill out the missing pieces in your furniture series and sets in order to create the dream house
you're looking for and up your HHA Score in the process.

tumblr_mtbkdsYVAH1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtbkf648SD1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tumblr_mtbkgcE6Sy1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtbkhisNXh1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mtbkioiyMK1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtbkjpiljJ1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where Do I Start: How Do I Participate?
If you aren't already friends with a Town Host; get it done before Sunday. Add their FC and PM yours to them. This is super important to do before the event happens. Otherwise a Town Host would have to kick everyone out of their town and close their gates just to add your FC. So don't procrastinate! It's up to the discretion of each Town Host whether they add you on Sunday. We may get everyone taken care of or have a slow period toward the end where we can add more people. But again, it's more hassle to do it that way so don't count on that happening. If you are interested in taking part in this event; exchange those friend codes! :)

How Do I Catalog?
1. Visit a Host Town
2. Go to the location in their town where they are having the event.
3. Pick up pieces of furniture, wallpaper and carpet.
4. Drop what you've picked up where you found it.
5. And just like that; congratulations; you've cataloged some furniture!
6. When you return to your own town, check your catalog at the Nooklings store. You'll see the furniture there ready to order!

Do I have to visit every town?
Nope! If you are only missing pieces from the polka-dot series or only want to catalog DLC, just visit the towns you need.
Refer to the above images to see which host town has which furniture series/sets. Visit one, or visit all four, the choice is yours!

It's Sunday and I don't see X-town on my train destination list. What gives?
Check this thread on Sunday for any changes/announcements. Something may happen where a Town Host has to leave early or is having internet troubles.
Best to stay informed and here is the best place. We will try to stay around and accommodate everyone who wants to catalog, but sometimes life happens.

Any Rules I should know?
1. No running; it's bad for the environment.
2. Follow paths where applicable.
3. Don't pick up, destroy, move or take flowers.
4. Don't chop down trees.
5. Don't take fruit unless you ask the host and they allow you.
6. When leaving, make sure your pockets are empty; don't take furniture with you.
7. Most importantly; be courteous and patient. A town may be full when you check; and you have to wait for a spot to open. There may be a lot of loading screens with trains coming and going. Don't let it get you frustrated! Also Town Hosts will try to save as best they can; but don't get upset if a Resetti happens and you have to recatalog a bunch of furniture again. It happens, not the end of the world. Remain calm. ^___^

Overall; I hope everyone has a great day today; hosts and catalogers alike. This is a great community and I'm glad we can share in this game together and help each other when we can. Big thanks to the other Town Hosts, as well as the furniture suppliers for helping put this together; volunteering your time & furniture! I'm excited all this has come together so fast! It is going to be a fun time!

Koomaster

Cataloging Event News: Anyone who wants to participate; I will be adding FC right up until my gates open. So last minute stragglers, add me and shoot me a PM if you want to participate.

Town Hosts; I forgot to get everyone's town/character name added to the info, but if you could today before the event post your town/character name so people know what town to look for? :)

Also as for Hosts cataloging each other's stuff. I've only got like ~dozen extra people signed up for the event so far. So looks like it will be a slow day over the 6hrs I planned. I'd say if it's looking slow in your town, post in this thread that you're shutting down your gates for a bit so you can go and catalog. Then when you're done open your gates back up. Does that sound like a good idea or does everyone want to wait till the event ends and then we all do it together?

Finally thanks to all our suppliers and hosts: Galactic Fork, BGBW, ab.aeterno, Koren, eudaemonic, bluepolicebox, Niraj, HannibalJones, Aveyn Knight, Chopper, Frost_Ace, Linius. Hopefully not forgetting anyone! Thanks for working together and making this event happen; especially ab.aeterno for coming up with the idea and getting the ball rolling! AC Gaf Community is the best! :D

Velcro Fly

Holy shit would I love to catalog things.

Is it too late to add hosts?

Hahaha I'm totally going to end up staying up all night playing Animal Crossing today.

Koomaster

Holy shit would I love to catalog things.

Is it too late to add hosts?

Hahaha I'm totally going to end up staying up all night playing Animal Crossing today.
I think it should be okay to add hosts right up to the event starts. Just be sure to PM each host you want to visit your FC so they can get you added back.

Koren

I think it should be okay to add hosts right up to the event starts. Just be sure to PM each host you want to visit your FC so they can get you added back.
My I drop to your town so than I can give you the items I had lost friday evening before it begins?

Koren

People who said you can only have nine citizens in your town until you build a camp-site to get a tenth: you were wrong. My tenth citizen is building its house right now in the middle of my hybrids and I don't have a camp-site. I'm playing since day one.
You've streetpassed someone or visited someone with a leaving villager.

The trick with the ninth villager is that you can't get it "normally". The "you need the campsite" requirement is only for people who doesn't play online and keep their wireless off at all time.

Koomaster

Koren; did you happen to have the 'Small Space Console' still missing that after you dropped off the other pieces. If you don't have it on you, don't worry about it. :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Been working on and off on a 70s themed room over the past few weeks.

tumblr_mtixriFmz31svkqkfo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtixriFmz31svkqkfo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mtixriFmz31svkqkfo3_400.jpg
tumblr_mtixriFmz31svkqkfo4_400.jpg

Apparently the Google Mail trick only sends four images even if you attach more so the views from another angle are missing. Though all you're missing if that there is a CD shelf next to the hi-fi (seen in the corner of the first image).

Any suggestion of what I could add, even subtract. Thinking of changing the alpine lamp to to lighter wood colour and perhaps the fabric. It's a bit strong. Any fabric suggestions? Trying to use the in game ones rather than custom designs as a way of showing those I streetpass what one can do.

Koomaster

What an amazing idea; and brilliantly executed as well! Way groovy! :D

I agree about making the alpine lamp a lighter wood shade. I think the fabric for it looks fine though.

Really love the brown houndstooth you used for the chairs and table. Also like the video game table and stool, nice touch!

Wow, the room is just so well done; and I love the paintings too!

Koren

Koren; did you happen to have the 'Small Space Console' still missing that after you dropped off the other pieces. If you don't have it on you, don't worry about it. :)
Actually, I don't have it at all, it seems. I thought I had a complete set, but since it's not catalogged as a set on MoriDB, I must have missed this one. I'm sorry T_T

Koomaster

Actually, I don't have it at all, it seems. I thought I had a complete set, but since it's not catalogged as a set on MoriDB, I must have missed this one. I'm sorry T_T
No worries. There are so many consoles/monitors in that set it's easy to lose track. You contributed so much furniture so don't even worry about one missing piece. :)

If anyone does have the Small Space Console in their inventory already and can drop it off in my town, it would be appreciated.

If you want to add me, Koo, I can bring it by. Provided you don't mind a quick drop and run: I'm on my way out the door in a bit.

BGBW, that room is fantastic. I love the fabric on the alpine lamp especially.

Koomaster

Let the Cataloging Event Begin!

Opening my town gates now; on your train destination list I am Koo from Dansbury.

I have my items laid out on the western beach; just follow the green leaf path and it will take you right there. I may be afk temporarily at different points during the day, so sorry if i don't get to say hello to everyone.

Hope everyone has a great day! :D

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
OK! opening my gates in a second!
HB1lbxT.jpg

Items are in the red boxes. Doc Memorial Park and the beach south of Mira's.

Town is Townburg!
Playername is Tessa.

I added everybody that PMed me. RPG Wizard, you didn't have me added.

SuperSah

Banned
Let the Cataloging Event Begin!

Opening my town gates now; on your train destination list I am Koo from Dansbury.

I have my items laid out on the western beach; just follow the green leaf path and it will take you right there. I may be afk temporarily at different points during the day, so sorry if i don't get to say hello to everyone.

Hope everyone has a great day! :D

I'll pop by.

Linius

tumblr_mtixriFmz31svkqkfo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtixriFmz31svkqkfo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mtixriFmz31svkqkfo3_400.jpg
tumblr_mtixriFmz31svkqkfo4_400.jpg

Apparently the Google Mail trick only sends four images even if you attach more so the views from another angle are missing. Though all you're missing if that there is a CD shelf next to the hi-fi (seen in the corner of the first image).

Any suggestion of what I could add, even subtract. Thinking of changing the alpine lamp to to lighter wood colour and perhaps the fabric. It's a bit strong. Any fabric suggestions? Trying to use the in game ones rather than custom designs as a way of showing those I streetpass what one can do.

Looks absolutely great man! :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sorry, got caught up town planning. Opening my gate now.

Name: Basil
Town: Trefaur

Make your way to the southern bridge. The items are all located just across the river from there.

Galactic Fork

I was kinda hoping something cool would happen when i got 10 bunnies in my village... But nothing. Just fainted once from all the cuteness, but that's it.

Westraid

I was kinda hoping something cool would happen when i got 10 bunnies in my village... But nothing. Just fainted once from all the cuteness, but that's it.
Within a few weeks they'll have multiplied and your town will be full of rabbitholes and all the vegetables and fruits will be eaten and you wished you had never invited them to live in your city at all.

Galactic Fork

Within a few weeks they'll have multiplied and your town will be full of rabbitholes and all the vegetables and fruits will be eaten and you wished you had never invited them to live in your city at all.

Hmmm I do have 5 boys and 5 girls. I wonder how quickly until there are hundreds.

Galactic Fork

Don't really have many friends that play, mind if I drop by for some cataloging? :]

Edit: nevermind, hosts already opening gates

Do you need to be added? Next time I'm out of visitors I'll add you.
Give your friend code. Mine's in Profile, and at top of page. :)

Apologies, all. Personal stuff has delayed me by about an hour, so I'll of course be staying open at least an hour later.

I should hopefully be open within 30 minutes or so. If you've PM'd me, I will be adding you then.

Thanks for your patience guys!

Hosts: should we plan to do the rounds of each other's towns after the event?

Note: town name is Avalon.

Koomaster

Hosts: should we plan to do the rounds of each other's towns after the event?
Either that or when it gets slow in your town later in the day, post in the thread you are closing your gates for a bit to do some cataloging.

It's up to what everyone feels like. I'm fine with either.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Please don't mind me, I'm currently square counting so I may not notice your arrival.

Also please don't take the gyroids and fossils (though you may catalogue them if you do wish). I'm doing a bit of organising which is why they are there.

Koomaster

Woohoo, I'll be there eventually : D

Koomaster, do you have me added? I lose track of who I've added sometimes.
Just closed my gates and added you! :)

Hey guess what?
tumblr_mtj4ztkOo91swqxw3o1_400.jpg

The last 3 people that were just in my town; one of you guys was my 100th visitor! YAY!
I feel like I should have been keeping track and made a gift bag or something for my 100th visitor.
But this thank you will have to do. Thanks! :D

Gates are re-opened for more visitors!

Hey all. Finally home from work. Do I need to check with people to make sure it's okay to visit, or should i just see what towns are available?

EDIT:

I love the flower pop carpet and wall paper. One of my favorites. Do you have any retro furniture? The TV and maybe the fridge would compliment the look alright.

OK, everyone who PM'd me has been added.

Please note: items directly to the right of the station are freebies, so feel free to tale them. Have 3 silver slingshots.

Gates opening!

Edit: will be saving every 5 minutes or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom