• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

So after this batch shall we close our gates and visit each other? We've all added each other right?

I suppose for ease we do it in the order that Koo posted our names in in the [post=83107865]event announcement post[/post], so ab.aeterno, me, Galactic Fork and finally Koomaster.
Yeah that sounds like a good idea.

I don't need any of the series from ab.aeterno's town so I will skip that first one. That will give you guys a chance to catalog there while I host flabberghastly.

Then when you open your gates again BGBW will you post in this thread as I will go and catalog there with the other hosts when that happens. :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
It's got legs. (underscore face)

Attached to a base though -_- is it going to hop?

Go build a sand castle!

I dunno, earlier i was at 77, so i gotta be in the 90s now!

No thanks, I bought one from the island already. If you're still short let me know and I'll visit you again :) multiple times if needed.

Okay AC-Gaf, help me out. I've been playing Animal Crossing for about 40 hours, but I feel like my town hasn't really gotten anywhere. I have a bunch of Public Works projects, I've been to the island a couple of times, a few of my stores have upgraded, but I still feel like I'm not as far as I could be.

Maybe it's because I don't have tiles that look like roads, but I just feel like I have so much to do before my town is awesome and I don't know what I need to do to get there.

Help?

I'd visit some other towns to get ideas, but definitely just do what comes naturally, or what you like. It's fine to want to improve but def don't fret over it :) other towns will definitely get those creative juices flowing though.

suzu

Thank you to Galactic Fork, ab.aeterno, Koomaster, BGBW and everyone else for the cataloging event! :)

Sorry I just cat and run for the most part. Your towns are all very lovely from what I've seen. lol

Fork takes the cake tho, cuz you know, bunnies.

Thank you to Galactic Fork, ab.aeterno, Koomaster, BGBW and everyone else for the cataloging event! :)

Sorry I just cat and run for the most part. Your towns are all very lovely from what I've seen. lol

Fork takes the cake tho, cuz you know, bunnies.

this tenfold! and those bunnies, my gosh. so cute.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OK, I've done ab.aeterno, but I have dinner so I'll leave my gate open and will just have to do the other two later hopefully.

Finally made it to my computer to thank everyone for the cataloging. That was a really great way to spend Sunday morning. Neenja thanks you as well... she messaged me on AC as soon as I logged in this morning to say what a wonderful time she had and how thankful she was to participate. Total feels good that she had a great time with you guys.

Anustart

Thanks everyone for the event!

And I think tomorrow is my 10th day of playing the game so I might have catalogue access on Tuesday!

Koomaster

Finally made it to my computer to thank everyone for the cataloging. That was a really great way to spend Sunday morning. Neenja thanks you as well... she messaged me on AC as soon as I logged in this morning to say what a wonderful time she had and how thankful she was to participate. Total feels good that she had a great time with you guys.
Glad to hear she had a wonderful time! :)

HUGE THANKS to everyone; furniture suppliers, hosts and participants. It really was a fun day and I was glad to have so many of you guys running around my town. :)

Gonna have to sit on my tree later and see how many visitors I had; it was definitely more than I expected as I was busy pretty much the full 6 hours. :D

Niraj

Nice work folks. I know from experience that setting up cataloging things like this can be exceedingly annoying, so glad everything went swimmingly :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just got back from dins to see ab.aeterno. leaving so I guess I wasn't holding everyone up like I feared. Off to Townburg!

11 away from the station remodel. But no badge, I think?

Attached to a base though -_- is it going to hop?

Your face is going to get stuck like that. :) Hopping diplo doesn't seem so far fetched.

Time. I've got about 10 times your playtime and still get that feeling. At this point, I give myself one or two little mini-projects a week and just try to let things evolve organically.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What an amazing idea; and brilliantly executed as well! Way groovy! :D

I agree about making the alpine lamp a lighter wood shade. I think the fabric for it looks fine though.

Really love the brown houndstooth you used for the chairs and table. Also like the video game table and stool, nice touch!

Wow, the room is just so well done; and I love the paintings too!
Thanks. I guess the fabric does work. It was a bit stronger earlier against the browns and oranges (there are surprisingly few orange items in this game, all mine are refurbs) but since I've added more it's doesn't stick out as much.

BGBW, that room is fantastic. I love the fabric on the alpine lamp especially.
Well I guess that settles it, fabric is staying!

Looks absolutely great man! :D
Thanks a lot!

I love the flower pop carpet and wall paper. One of my favorites. Do you have any retro furniture? The TV and maybe the fridge would compliment the look alright.
I may have a fridge and I was thinking maybe of getting the retro helmet from Gracie's. They're green though so I'll have to see since I've gone for an orange and brown theme with this room. TV could work though.

Yeah the retro tv would look nice in that room I bet. I have one if you want it BGBW.
That would be really appreciated!

I believe so. Niraj, I believe you donated Classic and Exotic for my town, correct?

If you don't want them, I can pay you back for them. I wanted to order the sets anyways.

EDIT: Just wanted to say how amazing this day has been, as a host and participant. Everyone was courteous and patient with issues, and kept things moving. And it felt great to finish out the catalog for series I've been wanting to decorate with. I had no idea when I started posting about this last weekend it would snowball like this, but I'm so glad it did. So much thanks to Koomaster, for helping to organize it so well; BGBW, and GalacticFork for helping host; Niraj, bluepolicebox, eudaemonic, and others for supplying furniture; and everyone who participated!

Koomaster

So now all that's left is for the donator's to collect their pieces?
Yep; donors can get with hosts and find out the best time for that. Maybe not today, I think we are all a little tired. ^___^;

So hungry, gonna have to have a big meal now. :D

Edit: Just checked my tree, had 29 visitors today. Wow, so awesome! :)

Niraj

I believe so. Niraj, I believe you donated Classic and Exotic for my town, correct?

If you don't want them, I can pay you back for them. I wanted to order the sets anyways.

Oh I don't need anything back, and you don't have to pay for them. It's not a big deal.

GF, please feel free to do with those sets as you wish. Unless you need the visitor count in which case, I could help you out. But I really don't need them back and have already reclaimed the locker space they were taking up.

Gaston looks kind of shady--maybe he has some black market furniture connections.

If it's safe to, I don't mind visiting to get your count up. Just let me know. I could give you the decidedly not hopping diplo model as well.

Oh, Hippeux's still here for a couple more days. (Unfortunately.) Maybe, thanks, but it's a lot to ask. Hop hop.

Niraj

GF, please feel free to do with those sets as you wish. Unless you need the visitor count in which case, I could help you out. But I really don't need them back and have already reclaimed the locker space they were taking up.

Gaston looks kind of shady--maybe he has some black market furniture connections.

Oh, Hippeux's still here for a couple more days. (Unfortunately.) Maybe, thanks, but it's a lot to ask. Hop hop.

Not a big deal, just let me know when you're free.

Thanks, that's really kind. Much appreciated!

No worries man :)

Now comes the hard part of actually decorating the 4 other rooms in my house.

I especially am not looking forward to having to dismantle my Rococo room for the theme challenge. I really like it as is. Well Rococo, I think you're trendy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can't be bothered with the theme challenge. I like my red and blue house.

When i've fully paid off my house I may start the trendy challenge just to see how many points my house is worth as is.

Koomaster

I can't be bothered with the theme challenge. I like my red and blue house.

When i've fully paid off my house I may start the trendy challenge just to see how many points my house is worth as is.
I still say that rustic is the easiest challenge to complete. So many furniture series count toward it and tumbleweeds count for it too. They are pretty cheap, only 1x1 and can go on top of tables. Put four tumbleweds on a 2x2 rustic table, easy. I just went mostly with the furniture I had and then filled rooms full of tumbleweeds til they gave me my prizes. :p

Niraj

I still say that rustic is the easiest challenge to complete. So many furniture series count toward it and tumbleweeds count for it too. They are pretty cheap, only 1x1 and can go on top of tables. Put four tumbleweds on a 2x2 rustic table, easy. I just went mostly with the furniture I had and then filled rooms full of tumbleweeds til they gave me my prizes. :p

I did rustic myself. It was super easy.

Koomaster

You'll have to thank Neenja for me. Just checked my mail and she sent me a letter and attached some perfect pears. So nice!

tumblr_mtjsgj3i0V1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Can someone lend me 1 ornate piece of clothing to pass Gracie in my TTing town?

I have a royal crown, and I guess you only need 2 pieces.

Edit: got help already

Koren

Yep; donors can get with hosts and find out the best time for that. Maybe not today, I think we are all a little tired. ^___^;
Depending on how you want to handle this, you can keep the 4 (or rather 3.9 ^_^) sets I brought (and sell them for some cash if you don't need them).

But if you want help to get rid of those from your shore, I can definitively come later to help you cleaning everything.

Koomaster

Depending on how you want to handle this, you can keep the 4 (or rather 3.9 ^_^) sets I brought (and sell them for some cash if you don't need them).

But if you want help to get rid of those from your shore, I can definitively come later to help you cleaning everything.
I might store some in the post office and sell some too. Won't be hard to do by myself. :)

Thanks again for your help; hope I wasn't too pushy. You brought so much, I've very grateful!

Edit: Reese is paying a premium for furniture today; haha perfect timing. Sell sell sell! :p

Portalbox

Hey everyone,

Long story short, my 3DS was stolen a couple of months ago and I owned the digital version of the game. It's been a while but I finally got another 3DS. Of course all my save data (and my town) is gone, so I was trying to start anew but I it's kinda hard.

More about my story:
The day my 3DS was stolen I was together with a friend whose 3DS also suffered the same fate. He also lost his Animal Crossing data.

I've helped GAF in the past with turnip prices, etc.... can anyone spare some bells, fruit or anything really?

My FC is 4828 4747 0333

Thanks in advance :D

Just spent two straight hours trying to catch a Petaltail Dragonfly to no avail. I've been trying since August and never saw a single one.

My wife turned her game on and caught one within 10 minutes.

;_;

Boogiepop

Just spent two straight hours trying to catch a Petaltail Dragonfly to no avail. I've been trying since August and never saw a single one.

My wife turned her game on and caught one within 10 minutes.

;_;

Yup, those things are serious jerks. Only spawning in a two hour period and being rare and it's not like fish where you can super easily mess with spawns by just chasing stuff off. I FINALLY got lucky and got one yesterday, but there were a number of sad, fruitless days before that.

Hey everyone,

Long story short, my 3DS was stolen a couple of months ago and I owned the digital version of the game. It's been a while but I finally got another 3DS. Of course all my save data (and my town) is gone, so I was trying to start anew but I it's kinda hard.

More about my story:
The day my 3DS was stolen I was together with a friend whose 3DS also suffered the same fate. He also lost his Animal Crossing data.

I've helped GAF in the past with turnip prices, etc.... can anyone spare some bells, fruit or anything really?

My FC is 4828 4747 0333

Thanks in advance :D

Awww... wow. That's insanely crappy. I think if my 3DS was stolen at this point... I couldn't even start over on AC. I love the game but I have so much invested at this point it would crush my will.

I can donate some fruit though - one of everything and I'll donate some Bells to getting ya back on your feet. Won't be able to make it on till later though.

Cataloging event was a blast! Perfect thing to pull me back in and get to work on my abandoned town. Thanks to everyone involved. Found my final fossil today too!

Anyone mind if I pop in to grab some signatures for a resident?

0817-4158-9208

Ha! It was pretty frightening man!

So I had just finished cataloguing the stuff in Tessa's town when it hit....I had to take a dump!!

I ran as fast as I could to the house to use the toilet and all was going well until Bennie decided he wanted to be a perv and come watch me use the restroom!!

1374892_579915318736018_1223166351_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom