• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

walei

That cat with hooker makeup Monique moved in and the first thing that ho did was sent out a mail declaring her upcoming birthday and demanding presents.

I'm going to try the ignore trick to see if she'll leave in a week.

Anustart

One of my villagers has vanished :/

She asked for a rainbow stag and I'd give it to her if she hadn't disapperated into the ether. Her house says shes out walking but she's not in the village anywhere! Not in anyone's house, not in the post office or train station.

Anyone know where some one might sneak off to? Also, anyone have a city with a shop open about now?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just spent two straight hours trying to catch a Petaltail Dragonfly to no avail. I've been trying since August and never saw a single one.

My wife turned her game on and caught one within 10 minutes.

;_;
I saw my first one yesterday when I took a gander at my game. While chasing it I was praying no one would join my game for the next couple of second. THank heavens no one did.

Still gar and scorpion less. If worse comes to worst I may consider going back to August for the scorpion as bugs are easier to scare off. Going into the train station is annoying.

She asked for a rainbow stag and I'd give it to her if she hadn't disapperated into the ether. Her house says shes out walking but she's not in the village anywhere! Not in anyone's house, not in the post office or train station.

Anyone know where some one might sneak off to? Also, anyone have a city with a shop open about now?
She might be in the museum, in one of the exhibits. Or in the cafe.

If you really can't find her, save and quit, then start up your file again. It resets everyone's positions.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

If there's an on-going request, a villager will always be in either their house or just walking around somewhere that isn't Main St. If you can't find them, save and quit, and they'll either be inside their house or right outside of it.

I saw my first one yesterday when I took a gander at my game. While chasing it I was praying no one would join my game for the next couple of second. THank heavens no one did.

Still gar and scorpion less. If worse comes to worst I may consider going back to August for the scorpion as bugs are easier to scare off. Going into the train station is annoying.

You could always just save and continue, particularly for the gar. The spawns will change.

Anustart

So my character is just randomly tripping if I run now. Read that it's fixable if you have access to Katrina (which I don't).

Such a dumb feature, makes me not even want to play. Just a big F U to the player.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So my character is just randomly tripping if I run now. Read that it's fixable if you have access to Katrina (which I don't).

Such a dumb feature, makes me not even want to play. Just a big F U to the player.
Or use the lovely phone.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What's that? Doubt I have access to it unless it's chilling in a building that comes with each town.
It was an item you could win during the fireworks display that gives you your fortune when you interact with it.

If you haven't got one I can only suggest not running for the day or maybe try some feng sui.

Chopper

I have a Lovely Phone you can use.

Awful hybrid yield today. Just one orange cosmos, which I have absolutely no use for.

Also, no Gracie again!

This was the first day ever that I didn't buy a single item from either TIY or the garden shop. No need. Not even paper. :(

And I have Perfect Apples on premium.

Second Gracie appearance in three days, bringing me up to three Fashion Checks if I get this one right!

hqdefault.jpg

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Not particularly no. I rarely buy from TiY unless it has something from a set I'm looking for... which is never.

House fully upgraded! YAY. Feels oddly empty.

You should buy stuff you don't have cataloged, then you sell it right away. That way later if you have a new room concept, you don't have to wait for it to be in stock.

Fireblend

Banned
Is it worth it to get into this game now? The 3DS GotY thread over at the gaming side kind of made me want to get it, but with Pokemon nearing I have no idea if I'll have the time that AC requires. I had tons of fun with the DS version. Is this a rethread of that or is it significantly a step forward?

Chopper

Is it worth it to get into this game now? The 3DS GotY thread over at the gaming side kind of made me want to get it, but with Pokemon nearing I have no idea if I'll have the time that AC requires. I had tons of fun with the DS version. Is this a rethread of that or is it significantly a step forward?
It's a significant step forward. It's undoubtedly my favourite 3DS game, and I will be playing it for a long time to come, despite owning it since launch day. Just...the best.

But yeah. Pokemon. I'm not quite sure how that will work.

It's definitely a significant step forward. Loved Wild World, but I'm having so much more fun with New Leaf. Whether you've got hours to waste or whether you're just doing little tasks each day, it fits all sorts of play regimes.

Whatever time you play it, whenever you have time for it, there'll always be something relatively new going on.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Should also note that New Leaf encourages imagination. If you pretty much only follow the goals set by the game you'll likely get bored much quicker.

Grym

My flea-infested Shep just asked me to spread a petition that Cute Animals Are Cute. I'd appreciate it if anyone would let me come over for signatures.

Galactic Fork

Sooooo what do we do with the items from the event? I imagine we're supposed to arrange meetings with all the donators so they can come get them, right?

Koomaster

Sooooo what do we do with the items from the event? I imagine we're supposed to arrange meetings with all the donators so they can come get them, right?
Just PM them I suppose and ask if they want their furniture back and if so when would be a good time to arrange a meeting. If not, then sell it off or decorate with it. :p

Nori Chan

So there's like a limited amount of Gracie shirts in the store. It just opened today. So will they ever be replaced anytime before winter? Or am I only going to buy like a couple of clothing items every 3 months?

Celegus

Only one week left, and still no scorpions to be found. This is looking a bit grim... I have every other fish/bug I could've gotten, I don't want to miss just one. But man, those things never show up!

That or just sucking it up and
time traveling
. Though I'd really prefer not to.

Time travelling to sit around at night in August and wait for tarantulas/scorpions... ehh not so much. I'll dedicate one night this week to finding King Salmon/scorpions. Been way too busy with Fire Emblem.

If you didn't play City Folk on the Wii, then it's definitely a big jump. It's ultimately the best Animal Crossing game, and a thoughtfully designed refinement of what makes the series so good.

To get the most out of it, is recommend bring active here to pay with others in multiplayer, and to be creative and good at sting your own goals. That's key for long lasting enjoyment.

Galactic Fork

Thonky. Also an Android app called Animal Crossing New Leaf Guide that does so. It is insanely useful if you have a phone or tablet that can run it, and it's free.

I love the app, but now he has the whole catalog in the app, it's daunting to go through my catalog... So I'm putting that off and just using it for museum stuff. And birthdays.

Bah, the one day I go into town without my umbrella, and it raaaains. Stupid. I wish the real life train station was linked to my home so I could get my umbrella from there. Alas, another reason animal crossing is better than real life!

MicH

Well, Gayle's gone. She sent me her picture we´hen she left.Aww I'll miss you :(

I completely missed Ankha's birthday too. Whoops.

AND Marshal finally switched out o that ugly default orange design. He's now wearing Galactic Fork's bautiful Tom Nook sweatervest and he looks STUNNING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom