• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
BGBW, don't know if you ever replied to me about that Prefect Painting. Is that still available?

I'll take it. If you can grab it for me, I'll come pick it up tonight.

Well, if I were to grab it, you'd have to wait til tomorrow since they come in the mail. Which is fine, if you don't think you'll be back in enough time.

Apparently, I'm short a saddled bichir and a tiger prawn. But at least I'm 4/4 on my fossils today.

Oh man, look at Lolly. She wants you on her lap too!

They don't really seem to have laps to be honest.

Hey, any sign of Niraj's Sparro showing up in your TT town?

Koomaster

I caught two at the bottom of the waterfall where the river meets the sea. For most towns it is usually that small pool of water between the two beaches. You can only catch like three fish there so it should be simple enough.

Now gar on the other hand…GURAAAAAGH!
Thanks for the tip! Took a while but...

tumblr_mtn2alJoT01swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mtn2gvdNzI1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

That's right I dominate all you fish. You are not the true king of the rivers Mr. Salmon.
No, I am the only River King... wait that's a different game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Some may already know this, but it's annoying that you can't use bottom fabrics for refurbished furniture. For example the argyle designs could look quite good (and costly) but brown only comes in the form of a skirt. :(

Anustart

Bah, what a tease. I thought Nooklings would begin remodeling on my 10th day of playing but NOOOOOOOOOOO. They're having a pre-remodeling sale, then remodeling tomorrow. Now I gotta wait til thursday to look at my catalog.

At least Kicks is being built today.

Edit: Also, what can cause flowers to just vanish? I have Beautiful ordinance set as well. I had some roses going to try for hybrids but today they're just....gone. No one else played on my game or anything.

Koomaster

Edit: Also, what can cause flowers to just vanish? I have Beautiful ordinance set as well. I had some roses going to try for hybrids but today they're just....gone. No one else played on my game or anything.
Nothing I know of; you sure you didn't accidentally run over them? And nobody else visited your town at all?

Niraj

I've had random flowers disappear as well. I'm not sure why. Never hybrids, but usually just a random red or yellow rose/pansy

I've never seen flowers disappear. Even in a time traveling town where I've started arranging them in 9x9 squares--they always stay put over what amounts to weeks of time passing.

Villagers will pull weeds (as though the badges weren't ridiculous enough) but I've never heard of them making off with flowers.

Elija2

One time I had one of my Jacob's Ladders turn into a white rose. I don't know if someone snatched it and replaced it with the rose to try and trick me, but thinking about it is pretty funny.

Koomaster

I've had random flowers disappear as well. I'm not sure why. Never hybrids, but usually just a random red or yellow rose/pansy
I had a flower disappear when a neighbor planted a flower just as I planted one and they were on top of each other. Both of them were gone the next day. But never had one just up and disappear for no reason.

Also had one disappear after the catalog thing but I figure someone accidentally ran over it or took it or whatever; no big deal. But I don't think it disappeared on its own.

Niraj

I had a flower disappear when a neighbor planted a flower just as I planted one and they were on top of each other. Both of them were gone the next day. But never had one just up and disappear for no reason.

Also had one disappear after the catalog thing but I figure someone accidentally ran over it or took it or whatever; no big deal. But I don't think it disappeared on its own.

Nothing like that. Just poof. It's not a big deal really, but they definitely just disappear.

Koomaster

Someone left two purple pansies at mine during the catalogue event I notice. Thanks anonymous planter!
I think it was Suzu maybe; I'm sorry I forget now if it wasn't Suzu. I'm pretty sure it was someone with an S-name if it wasn't her/him. Very awesome.

Someone also gave me a blue rose I saw randomly planted in my town; but that was earlier in the day before the purple pansies.

suzu

Someone left two purple pansies at mine during the catalogue event I notice. Thanks anonymous planter!

I think it was Suzu maybe; I'm sorry I forget now if it wasn't Suzu. I'm pretty sure it was someone with an S-name if it wasn't her/him. Very awesome.

Someone also gave me a blue rose I saw randomly planted in my town; but that was earlier in the day before the purple pansies.

Yeah, that was me. Just felt like leaving a little something!

Niraj

BGBW, don't know if you ever replied to me about that Prefect Painting. Is that still available?

I'll take it. If you can grab it for me, I'll come pick it up tonight.

I just went ahead and ordered it, since I don't know when I'll be around tonight. I'll get it to you sometime tomorrow/later.

Anustart

How do I have to place flowers for creating hybrids? Does touching diagonally count or no?

I have it set up like:

Code:
X  X  X
  X  X  X

Elija2

Can nibble fish still be caught? That's the only September fish that I'm missing, but I'm worried they might have disappeared on the 15th.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Remember to only water the flowers you want to breed.

EDIT: I wish alpine wasn't so good for customisation/the other sets so limited. I kind of hate relying on the same bits and pieces for different rooms.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Take the cat fish, then move the c four characters to the right, the t two characters to the left and remove the fish. Then it would be Gar and I would have caught it many times!

Elija2

How many hours have you guys clocked? Some of you have been here since day one.

According to my Activity Log I've clocked in 520 hours, but I've yet to receive the 500 hours badge from Phineas even though he was in my town today. I don't know why because there's no way that I spent 20 hours on the main menu and doing the new-character trick. But what do I know since I've apparently spent 24 hours on my friends list.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How do I get so many people to visit my town?
Tell everyone your shop has the throne for sale and they are also have a 20% off sale, but only one can buy it. In order to choose a winner you have buried a winning token (such as a gyroid) amongst a grid of 10x10 holes (filled with something else like gold bags). Each contestant has one go at digging up an item and the one who gets the gyroid wins.

If all goes well you'll get 100 visitors because there is no gyroid and you rest the holes every time , but they'll never know.

Koomaster

According to my Activity Log I've clocked in 520 hours, but I've yet to receive the 500 hours badge from Phineas even though he was in my town today. I don't know why because there's no way that I spent 20 hours on the main menu and doing the new-character trick. But what do I know since I've apparently spent 24 hours on my friends list.
Since it's a town representative badge, I think time spent on the island (and maybe even time spent in other towns) doesn't count toward it. I have ~600 hours and still don't have my 500-hr badge.

I've clocked 200+ hours, just over. Haven't got the silver badge yet, but keep in mind the 3DS Activity Log tracks everything from when you switch on the game. So that's time spent in menus, idling, connecting, times you haven't saved etc.

Niraj

How do I get so many people to visit my town?

Friend people on the island and invite them over, help people out on here and invite them over, throw a cataloging event and invite them over, have a meteor shower and invite people over, get a good turnip price and invite people over, so forth etc

How many hours have you guys clocked? Some of you have been here since day one.

900+

Sounds like you need Niraj's patented correspondence course on luring girls in from Club Tortimer. He probably has a pamphlet or something.

Truth is, I don't even have to try that hard.

I didn't get mine until I was closer to 600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom