• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else ever had the game suddenly speed up? It felt like it was running at double speed. Animations were running too fast. Was weird.

No problem :) I also have spare scary and jolly paintings if you (or anyone else) needs them.
I could use the Jolly for my museum as well, if that's OK. :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Has anyone else ever had the game suddenly speed up? It felt like it was running at double speed. Animations were running too fast. Was weird.

I could use the Jolly for my museum as well, if that's OK. :)

Yeah, no problem. Just remind me when I get you that statue.

And on that other part, only sometimes when I'm playing with others online. They'll just kind of skip forward a bit.

Velcro Fly

Got a spiny lobster just now! Hell yes. That is the last creature from diving I need for September.

edit: I think the only bug I need this month is snail. I have no bushes in my town. Guess I need to plant a few and pray for rain between now and Sunday. Fish I need a ton. Been slacking a lot on fishing since it requires playing with sound on and most of the time I don't.

Time played is 116:36. Every day since June 15th when I started my town after getting home from Disney World. Many days I just dug up fossils and shopped but lately I've been doing more stuff!

Whoa first villager picture ever! Samson gave me his after I gave him a fish to decorate his house with! Hell yes :)

Just want to say helping people get their dream villagers in my TTing town has been pretty awesome. Already found great homes for Skye, Big Top, Felicity, and Willow.

And I have 2 giant fields of blue roses and purple pansies. If anyone wants to come pick some, PM me.

Chopper

Just want to say helping people get their dream villagers in my TTing town has been pretty awesome. Already found great homes for Skye, Big Top, Felicity, and Willow.

And I have 2 giant fields of blue roses and purple pansies. If anyone wants to come pick some, PM me.
I would love to come over and pick weeds!

Third Gracie check, done! Iconic, so it was super easy.

Also, I found a fossil I'd been missing for about 3 weeks!

Linius

Just when I started to believe the Neon Tetra became extinct in Westeros I finally catch one. Now I only need the King Salmon and Mitten Crab for fishing. A Spiney Lobster and Sweet Shrimp for diving and last but not least the White Orchid Mantis. That last one is a mean little insect. Everytime I go look for it it's nowhere to be found. And when I'm walking somewhere I always seem to scare one or two away when I walk trough a field of flowers :/

Playtime: 347 hours and 16 minutes. I doubt I ever reach the 500 hours tbh.

Koomaster

White Orchid Mantis. That last one is a mean little insect. Everytime I go look for it it's nowhere to be found. And when I'm walking somewhere I always seem to scare one or two away when I walk trough a field of flowers :/
Go to your island and plant nothing but a few white flowers. You'll catch one in no time.

Speaking of the island...
tumblr_mtolag2R6W1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Seriously Nintendo this is really depressing me. I think the game is trolling me with how often it's raining on my island now. I just want my character to remain tan, is that too much to ask?! Even going to the club tortimer island, it's either raining or it sends me to an island where it's night time or too early to tan. Just send me to a sunny east coast island. Argh!

Is there some kind of trick to getting blue roses? Philia told me to separate my orange and purple roses on the beach, so I did. Then when red roses showed up, I also separated them on the beach. For the most part, I watered them and them alone. It's been like a month, and I still have yet to see a single blue rose. Even fertilizing them for the past three days has yielded only other hybrid colours. Is it supposed to be this tough? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Chopper

Is there some kind of trick to getting blue roses? Philia told me to separate my orange and purple roses on the beach, so I did. Then when red roses showed up, I also separated them on the beach. For the most part, I watered them and them alone. It's been like a month, and I still have yet to see a single blue rose. Even fertilizing them for the past three days has yielded only other hybrid colours. Is it supposed to be this tough? Is there something I'm doing wrong?
No trick. Just luck. You are doing everything right.

I would love to come over and pick weeds!

Third Gracie check, done! Iconic, so it was super easy.

Also, I found a fossil I'd been missing for about 3 weeks!

LOL I guess my OCD is too bad to not do it myself. Already have 4 lucky clovers. They look good on my scary table, but when I get a bunch more extra, I'll post if anyone wants them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is it true that clovers count as weeds so it is best to leave them so you can eventually get to play the weeding game?

Is it true that clovers count as weeds so it is best to leave them so you can eventually get to play the weeding game?

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer one way or the other but I allowed plenty of clover to accumulate in my TT town so someone could work on the badge a few times and it never triggered Leif to drop by. My guess would be he's interested in regular weeds only though I'd welcome a more concrete answer.

Philia

Nope. You can ask Zigg or spindashing or Koren or Chopper or any other legit gardener and they'll all tell you the fucking same thing. Its been more than a month or two for them to get a damn blue rose. Luck of a draw. That's all it is.

Yep. I've had red+ roses in breeding patterns for a month or two and nothing. It's only thanks to Philia's kindness I have any at all, and those acting as "seeds" works really well. You get at least a few a week once you get 3+ blue roses together.

Their breeding really is exponential. It took a while to get my 3rd from my starting 2, then less for a forth, and less for a fifth, etc.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, I was given two and those who came to my town during the cataloging will see what a result I've had from just those two blue roses.

Koomaster

I wish you could just buy hybrid flowers after upgrading the store enough.
I want to be able to buy bugs/fish you previously caught. Like maybe some kind of delivery service. You donate to it like you would to Blathers and from that point on they will start stocking it in their catalog. Then you can say order a goldfish and have it delivered without having to go and catch one.

Roto13

I want to be able to buy bugs/fish you previously caught. Like maybe some kind of delivery service. You donate to it like you would to Blathers and from that point on they will start stocking it in their catalog. Then you can say order a goldfish and have it delivered without having to go and catch one.

I'd certainly accept a lot more villager requests if that was possible. :p

Niraj

I got to see Soleil's house for the first time yesterday. All she had was a whirlpool bath, an exotic table with a cricket and a surgeonfish, and an arapaima. Yesterday I mailed her six items (exotic bed, lamp, screen, a peacock chair, a phonograph, and a sitar) and she put in 4 of the 6. That's not a bad start. The arapaima is gone, at any rate.

zigg

Yes, it is that tough. It took me right about 2.5-3 months from the beginning of the game to get them going.

When you do finally get two blues, though (my second was a result of a blue + red* cross a handful of days after the first blue appeared), they'll reproduce like crazy.

Now I'm leaving the damned things to die.

EDIT: Oh, pro tips: selective watering and/or selective planting. For the latter, rip out all the flowers in town except your candidate pairs, and you'll find those candidate pairs spawning a lot more often.

Here is my TTing town roster right now if anyone is interested in anyone (PM me):

Molly
Lucha
Goose
Fuchsia
Tangy
Static
Mathilda
Sylvia
Al
Melba

Niraj

I have Katrina in my town btw, in case anyone is interested. I'll probably be available the next 3 hours.

Flowers notwithstanding, a pretty good day. Got my bronze traveller badge, and I got my last painting (but I still need three statues.)

BTW if anyone has a great, robust or gallant statue kicking around, I'll happily trade you a couple of spare paintings, some bells, or even some bug-off furniture if you want.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Ceremony for new Lighthouse: 1 villager shows up.
Ceremony for new yellow bench: Whole town shows up; in the rain no less!

<____<;;;

Well... How many boats had crashed into your shore before the Lighthouse was put in?

At least people can sit on benches. Your villagers know the true value of these things.
The lighthouse is a drain on public resources.

Elija2

I also have Katrina in my town, so if anyone wants to get their fortune told feel free to come to my town instead of Niraj's.

Frogstep

I haven't had a camper show up in a really long time now. I used to not care about not being at 10 villagers but lately I've gotten so paranoid. Please Lily, fill up that 10th spot and complete me!

Elija2

Man, every time a villager talks about food I get hungry. They make it sound so tasty.

I haven't had a camper show up in a really long time now. I used to not care about not being at 10 villagers but lately I've gotten so paranoid. Please Lily, fill up that 10th spot and complete me!

Same here. I wish campers were more common. Like at least once a week.

Hi, guys, still haven't missed a day playing the game, although, it's just looking at the stuff Able Sisters sells and watering my flowers for hybrids... Got some PWP's, like the fairytale bridge, but have to say, the playing has slowed down a lot...

And there isn't really that much of Gracie exclusive clothes, it seems, I though it would be a lot more... Every day is almost the same stock she sells. Also, I never had a sold out sign at her shop, why is that? Cause I heard other people get that sometimes...

Also I'm back at 9 villagers, Deena left me....

I thought Gracie's store would be more exciting too, but I think it's my fault too because I got a lot of her stuff from other players.

I think stuff is only sold out during sales, which is the last month of each season. That's also when you get the card set and other exclusive sale items.

braves01

Banned
Hi, guys, still haven't missed a day playing the game, although, it's just looking at the stuff Able Sisters sells and watering my flowers for hybrids... Got some PWP's, like the fairytale bridge, but have to say, the playing has slowed down a lot...

And there isn't really that much of Gracie exclusive clothes, it seems, I though it would be a lot more... Every day is almost the same stock she sells. Also, I never had a sold out sign at her shop, why is that? Cause I heard other people get that sometimes...

Also I'm back at 9 villagers, Deena left me....

Begin again.

Cut down all your trees, demolish your PWPs kick every villager out.

Make your town a scary wasteland for Halloween.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I should have bought the circuit tank at Gracie's today. Forgot about it until after the shops were closed. Oh well, I'll have another chance.

Velcro Fly

Got four badges today:

- Bronze HHA badge. I guess putting Samson's picture up put me over the top
- Silver letter writing badge. I love giving my villagers presents!
- Bronze fish catching badge. I caught about 75 fish last night so that explains things.
- Silver bell saving badge. Up to 13 million bells in the bank.

Frogstep

Man, how long does Gracie sell the dumb sweets furniture stuff for? Feels like I see the same stuff everyday I shop there. Where's all the cool new stuff!

Edit: Sweets stuff will be there for all of Fall... Aww man! :<

Koomaster

Man, how long does Gracie sell the dumb sweets furniture stuff for? Feels like I see the same stuff everyday I shop there. Where's all the cool new stuff!

Edit: Sweets stuff will be there for all of Fall... Aww man! :<
Yeah I'm assuming it works like City Folk; she'll change stock per season. At least we no longer have to wash her dumb car in order to get something from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom