• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

tumblr_mtner89Rsm1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

I hate you Mr. Gar. You weren't even in the bloody lake.

Elija2

Since it's a town representative badge, I think time spent on the island (and maybe even time spent in other towns) doesn't count toward it. I have ~600 hours and still don't have my 500-hr badge.

That would explain it. Makes sense.

Goddamn. That means that you spent over 35% of the time between the release date and now playing Animal Crossing. 35% of the last 3 months was spent in a virtual town!

Anustart

Remember to only water the flowers you want to breed.

EDIT: I wish alpine wasn't so good for customisation/the other sets so limited. I kind of hate relying on the same bits and pieces for different rooms.

Wait, do I have to water them even if I have the beautiful town ordinance? That may be why nothing has sprung up lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait, do I have to water them even if I have the beautiful town ordinance? That may be why nothing has sprung up lol.
Yeah, beautiful town just give you the advantage of only having to water the flowers you want to breed.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That would explain it. Makes sense.

Goddamn. That means that you spent over 35% of the time between the release date and now playing Animal Crossing. 35% of the last 3 months was spent in a virtual town!

More accurately, my 3DS was open and had Animal Crossing on during that % of time. I'm sure I've had a decent amount of idling :)

mantidor

I accidentally watered my wilted black roses with the gold can :( is anyone interested in exchanging some gold roses for black? I've got 4 gold flowers, it would save you two days!

Feeling kind of guilty right now after spending over half an hour convincing Bob to move into my town from the campsite- it seemed like he genuinely didn't want to move in.
Hopefully he can settle in, I don't really want to sell him off on GameFAQs (shudder)!

Frogstep

Ribbot is starting to spread his lightning shirt around town now. Jacques and Henry have been seen rocking that shirt now. Only a matter of time before everyone has it!

Elija2

Feeling kind of guilty right now after spending over half an hour convincing Bob to move into my town from the campsite- it seemed like he genuinely didn't want to move in.
Hopefully he can settle in, I don't really want to sell him off on GameFAQs (shudder)!

If it's a villager that you really want, it's worth it.

MicH

I'm just under 500 hours (probably at 475)

Ribbot is starting to spread his lightning shirt around town now. Jacques and Henry have been seen rocking that shirt now. Only a matter of time before everyone has it!
Lol I had that infection very early on. Exact same shirt.

Some personalities take longer to convince than others. Emptying your pockets of all items/tools/bells can speed it along but I've had a hard time with lazies too. Apollo, a cranky, is the only one who's ever moved in on the first try. Enjoy Bob. :)

Some personalities take longer to convince than others. Emptying your pockets of all items/tools/bells can speed it along but I've had a hard time with lazies too. Apollo, a cranky, is the only one who's ever moved in on the first try. Enjoy Bob. :)

It took me a while to work out I needed to have an item of furniture in my pockets which I could barter against him moving in on a game of paper-scissors-stone to get him in.
Once I started ignoring other game he wanted to play I got him in pretty quickly (and only lost one piece of furniture).

Frogstep

Lol I had that infection very early on. Exact same shirt.

I had it real early on too, like second week of launch early. Olaf was in my town and literally EVERYONE had his matador's jacket. Pashmina was the last one to just recently change out of it too.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
7nAedTH.jpg

*Gasp* Snake caught a wild Mayor!
Now I'm locked in a little tank in Snakes house. Can somebody come and walk by him with a bunch of furniture in your pocket until he pings and asks for something the same size as me?

I'm at 529 hours, but that's including the time spent camper spamming and neighbor placing. So somewhere around 500.
I had it real early on too, like second week of launch early. Olaf was in my town and literally EVERYONE had his matador's jacket. Pashmina was the last one to just recently change out of it too.
Axel got everybody to wear his fresh shirt. The record was 6 villagers wearing it... And that was AFTER Axel had changed into something else. The jerk. It wouldn't be soo bad if the shirt wasn't so incredibly bland. Just a white shirt with some faded green at the bottom. Lame. Now I have to see Axel and his lame shirt in my Main street... Hopefully villagers don't copy clothes of Main Street ghosts.

suzu

How do you guys get your villagers to change shirts?

Like, when/what is a good time/type of request that gets them to change into it?

Julian is wearing that default white button down shirt from Able Sisters and it spread to 3 other villagers. D: I gave him an icy shirt (it has his favorite color), but he displayed it inside his house instead.

Niraj

How do you guys get your villagers to change shirts?

Like, when/what is a good time/type of request that gets them to change into it?

Julian is wearing that default white button down shirt from Able Sisters and it spread to 3 other villagers. D: I gave him an icy shirt (it has his favorite color), but he displayed it inside his house instead.

Mail them shirts, or keep whatever shirts you want them to change into in your inventory and keep talking to them til they ask to buy one of them.

My worst shirt trends were the BB tee (4 villagers), reggae tank (4 villagers), and 3-ball tee (also 4 villagers). Groucho is still in the 3-ball tee.

How many hours have you guys clocked? Some of you have been here since day one.

I think I'm closing in on 300. Haven't checked in awhile. Small potatoes compared to some, but quite a feat for me personally. I don't think I've invested this much time in any game throughout the course of my life.

Right now I'm just farming the occasional PWP and focusing on hybrids. I never really bothered with hybrids in past AC games. Just set my town ordinance to beautiful town last night in hopes that this will help speed things along.

Velcro Fly

Nothing is more frustrating that finding 3 fossils and the pitfall seed and roaming around town for almost an hour trying to find the fourth fossil. Ugh such a waste of time

Deirdre spread her fall leaf shirt around when she moved in but that's been my only clothing epidemic. I have bigger problems with catchphrases spreading. I've had a bunch of quacking villagers for awhile now. Yet only one of them is actually a duck.

Is Gulliver only showing up in Summer or something? Haven't seen him washed up on the beach for two weeks now.

Nah, he's still around but he disappears on me for long periods too.

Nothing is more frustrating that finding 3 fossils and the pitfall seed and roaming around town for almost an hour trying to find the fourth fossil. Ugh such a waste of time

I do this with embarrassing frequency. (Except it takes me days to find it not hours.) You have my sympathies. :(

Deirdre spread her fall leaf shirt around when she moved in but that's been my only clothing epidemic. I have bigger problems with catchphrases spreading. I've had a bunch of quacking villagers for awhile now. Yet only one of them is actually a duck.

I inadvertently did that when I changed Punchy's catchphrase to "meow". Now Angus and Skye are both meowing.

Koomaster

The 3-ball shirt was a fashion trend in my town as well thanks to Leonardo. Lately it's been my own 'I Heart Seabass' tee shirt. Today though I saw a villager give another a Vegetarian Tee so I fear that will soon be spreading around.

As for catchphrases, I haven't had a problem with that. Although Peewee (a cranky gorilla) has picked up Deirdre's catchphrase 'for reals' which is pretty funny to hear him say, so I'm fine with that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Stick the pitfall in the corner of the map. The next day it will stay there and the next and the next…

suzu

Mail them shirts, or keep whatever shirts you want them to change into in your inventory and keep talking to them til they ask to buy one of them.

Oh, this kinda worked. He didn't wear the first shirt, but he immediately wore the second one. lol. Thanks.

Niraj

Thanks! Much obliged.

No problem :) I also have spare scary and jolly paintings if you (or anyone else) needs those

The 3-ball shirt was a fashion trend in my town as well thanks to Leonardo. Lately it's been my own 'I Heart Seabass' tee shirt. Today though I saw a villager give another a Vegetarian Tee so I fear that will soon be spreading around.

As for catchphrases, I haven't had a problem with that. Although Peewee (a cranky gorilla) has picked up Deirdre's catchphrase 'for reals' which is pretty funny to hear him say, so I'm fine with that.

Oh god, the vegetarian shirt is terrible D: catchphrase wise, Sparro's "like whoa" was pretty popular, 4 or 5 were saying it at various points. I had 3-4 saying "rawr" at one point as well. No problems now really, though Muffy is now saying "ooh banana" thanks to Tammi.

Oh, this kinda worked. He didn't wear the first shirt, but he immediately wore the second one. lol. Thanks.

No problem

Koomaster

Stick the pitfall in the corner of the map. The next day it will stay there and the next and the next…
That's sort of what I did...

tumblr_mtnlyne8Xm1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Little grave site. Pitfall stays there since villagers don't walk in that area close to the cliff.
Also funny when unsuspecting guests walk over it and fall in; makes it look like an open grave. :p

Chopper

Weird day today. Not a single hybrid. Rain really appears to fuck up hybrid growth, which is odd.

I had Katrina, who warned me of financial woe, so I banged a T-shirt on. I assume that this avoided a shitty money rock, but have no idea what else it could have affected.

I tried putting a Zen Bell on a outcrop of cliff, next to my waterfall. I assumed it was 2x1 like the regular bell, but it just wouldn't fit. Had to change my plan and put a regular bell in its place, which means I'll have to replace the existing regular bell with the Zen Bell. It'll be good regardless, but the apparent dimension difference confused me. My hope is that you will be able to hear the bells from each other when rung.

Finally unlocked the Log Bench, which is a PWP I've wanted for a long time. Just leaves the Wysteria Trellis and the Windmill that I am really looking to unlock and build.

And after weeks of deliberation I have decided to build the Trash Can. Too often do I find my pockets full of useless crap like rotten peaches and shitty flowers. I do wish it was a bit...prettier though.

Tell everyone your shop has the throne for sale and they are also have a 20% off sale, but only one can buy it. In order to choose a winner you have buried a winning token (such as a gyroid) amongst a grid of 10x10 holes (filled with something else like gold bags). Each contestant has one go at digging up an item and the one who gets the gyroid wins.

If all goes well you'll get 100 visitors because there is no gyroid and you rest the holes every time , but they'll never know.
Ha ha. Awesome. Reading that was like that scene in Lock Stock about arse-intruding dildos.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I stuck my Pitfall on my private beach, hidden behind the cliff, never to be seen again.
Was contemplating putting my fossils there too if that works.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Hmmm, I didn't realize villagers can copy catchphrases. Makes sense. I didn't remember getting Genji to say Francine's 'rowr'. I figured I did and forgot.

I stuck my Pitfall on my private beach, hidden behind the cliff, never to be seen again.
Was contemplating putting my fossils there too if that works.

Don't you wanna make the mini skeleton models?

Anustart

Hopefully no one copies Mac's catch phrases, I gave them to him because his name is Mac :(

He starts by saying Hey bozo and ends his talks with jabroni. Kudos if you know why he says these things :3

This was such a revelation to me when I figured it out.

Rain really appears to fuck up hybrid growth, which is odd.

Understandable if you're used to selective watering. Rain definitely helps but you can't target certain flowers the way you can on dry days.

Kind of a lousy day but your reason for editing made me lol. :)

Chopper

Understandable if you're used to selective watering. Rain definitely helps but you can't target certain flowers the way you can on dry days.
This is news to me. So there is literally no point in watering any flowers on days that it rains? Suggests I am particulalry unlucky to not get any hybrids today. Every single flowerbed I have should be capable of producing them.

Oh well. Tomorrow I'll get a couple of blue roses and a Gracie visit. Believe.

zigg

That's true, but there seemed to be another effect too. I was yammering at Philia about it a few months ago and came to the conclusion that flowers need sunshine too, since I got next to nothing on rainy days.

This is news to me. So there is literally no point in watering any flowers on days that it rains? Suggests I am particulalry unlucky to not get any hybrids today. Every single flowerbed I have should be capable of producing them.

I wouldn't say there's no point but when I TT in the rain, hybrids multiply like bunnies. And I certainly haven't ever taken the time to water flowers in that town. When it's dry, I see very few hybrid spawns. That suggests to me if I'm trying to coax a few, say, blue roses, my selective watering is being negated by a rainy day.

Koomaster

Since it's a town representative badge, I think time spent on the island (and maybe even time spent in other towns) doesn't count toward it. I have ~600 hours and still don't have my 500-hr badge.
Spoke too soon, look who was lurking around my town hall at such an hour...

tumblr_mtnps2DeUA1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mtnptqD7N11swqxw3o1_400.jpg

:D

tumblr_mtnpwklLZ71swqxw3o1_400.jpg

D:

Chopper

Koo, that's awesome. Conglaturation.

I'm amazed to see that I have "only" spent 364hrs 21mins on this, as of right now. I definitely feel as though it should be more.

Anustart

Does a snail crawl on flowers during rain or bushes only? I don't have any bushes and I want to get this guy before the month is up :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom