• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

braves01

Banned
my friend code: 5215-0381-5965.
just got 3ds xl and animal crossing.
really hyped and i'm going to start playing tomorrow.
what's going to happen. yeah, I really loved dark souls, so it's going to be something like that. jumping in to the dark`?

Welcome. A word of warning: Animal Crossing is a slow burn, especially early on. I wouldn't expect to play more than an hour or two the first day, or any day for that matter. It takes time for certain things to unlock, and when you don't have many bells or a filled out catalog, it's difficult to get deep into customizing your town. It's not really a game you can pull marathon sessions of. More like a bonsai tree you have water and trim daily to get the way you like it, which makes it a really relaxing experience, imo.

Anyways, people here are very helpful so don't hesitate to ask. My FC is in my profile. :)

Wolfe

Did you guys bribe Gracie to show up? There must be something going here. This is above my pay grade, I shouldn't be asking questions. Damn you Gracie.

I flashed her my golden axe and told her things would get ugly if she didn't hurry her ass up, was all for naught apparently as I missed the window on the aviator/gradient shades anyway :(

Temetti

Neo Member
thanks for the post braves01. yeah. 3ds is my first handheld. animal crossing my first game beside with FE. going to take it easy and slow. . so yeah. great autumn for me.

zigg

tumblr_mtsembBcY51qa25kqo2_400.jpg
"Pibberswet" was definitely one of my better catchphrases.

Beau (still living it up in Niwa—I've stopped him like three times now) wins though with "galiwumpus".

If anyone has Katie and needs to somewhere to take her, let me know.

I'm looking to get infected with the K-Virus.

Edit: Got her elsewhere.

Yessssssss, finally getting Hippeaux to move out on the 1st! Now I just need to figure out who to replace him with.

Also, reiterating my call for Sweet-Olive and Holly bushes. I'll take any extras you all have!

I can't believe how dead the Turnip thread has become. So I guess I'll drift on by here. Finally have gotten around to making a serious motion for my interior decorating and got up to 80k HHA points. Still don't have all the rooms set up. I feel like a bad player, almost.

Apparently one of my villagers is independently wealthy. I got a throne in the mail worth 800,000 bells only I have no idea who sent it because I pulled all the presents off the mail before opening them.

Wolfe

Apparently one of my villagers is independently wealthy. I got a throne in the mail worth 800,000 bells only I have no idea who sent it because I pulled all the presents off the mail before opening them.

Elvis had two thrones in his house (he was one of my starting villagers) but the fucker would never give one up!

Anyone having trouble with the 3DS Image Share? I've been trying to update Diggeh in Shindig but it keeps saying "Logging into Tumblr is currently not available".

Even going to Tumblr itself doesn't work because there's no button to continue after entering in your information.

Yep. I haven't been able to log in. Ugh. It's been a days (or weeks) for me.

Anyone have a solution?

If you use a 3DS-friendly email like Gmail, you can email pictures directly to a Tumblr account. There's an address somewhere in the Tumblr settings. The subject field works as a caption and pictures are uploaded as attachments though I think there's a limit of four per post when using that method.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
HUBRIS!!
What was I thinking??
I thought I was doing good! At first maybe I was.
Creating a town safe for bunnies... But I became too powerful.
Too Arrogant!
HUBRIS!
How could I believe I could play with time and not pay a price!
And oh the price!!
There is a hole... A dark hole deep in the heart of the Forbidden Woods...
One that matches the hole in my heart!
For alas...
ALAS!
Gaston is... Gast-gone!
Cast into the void.
Fallen through a rip in the space time continuum of my own making!
How could I be so stupid?
I meddled in forces I could never hope to control and Gaston paid the ultimate price.
It should have been me!

Koomaster

Finished my house tour for #acnlopenhouse!
(Diggeh in Shindig)
Amazing work! I hope they display your tour. I just posted a few random pics, no nice captions like you. :)
Yep. I haven't been able to log in. Ugh. It's been a days (or weeks) for me.

Anyone have a solution?
Yeah that thing is busted. Even though they say the log in is unavailable that is a lie. It just takes a couple dozen tries but you can log in. Just keep trying to reload the page through the 3ds image share. Eventually there will be both the place to input your name/password and the button to log you in.

I think the problem is that the tumblr log-in page has some huge ass picture and the 3DS tries to load that first and is just like - nope, not going to happen, and the whole page stops loading.

I had problems loading it up the first time but kept trying and it worked. Then later they put up that 'unavailable' message but I was still logged in. Then I stupidly cleared the cache/cookies off my 3DS and had to log in to tumblr again - ugh. But I still got it to work eventually even though that unavailable message was there.

Luckily once you are logged in (and don't clear your cache/cookies) you don't have to worry about it again. Every couple days or so they will ask you to allow the 3ds to access tumblr but the page that loads is fast and only has the deny/allow buttons, so no wrestling with the tumblr log-in page again.

Koomaster

HUBRIS!!
What was I thinking??
Too Arrogant!
HUBRIS!
And oh the price!!
For alas...
ALAS!
Gaston is... Gast-gone!
Cast into the void.
I meddled in forces I could never hope to control and Gaston paid the ultimate price.
It should have been me!
Like all bunnies, Gaston has just gone underground. He's biding his time, waiting to resurface. Look for him late at night, in the back alleys of main street if you dare!

MicH

HUBRIS!!
What was I thinking??
Too Arrogant!
HUBRIS!
And oh the price!!
For alas...
ALAS!
Gaston is... Gast-gone!
Cast into the void.
It should have been me!
Oh no :( How did this happen?! Who shall now live in the Forbidden Forest?

Galactic Fork

Oh no :( How did this happen?! Who shall now live in the Forbidden Forest?

I was doing the 2 days forward 2 days back method... But I discovered rather than running around trying to ping, you can jump 2 days forward, save, then jump 6 days forward and create a new character... When the new character is made you check to see who moves. Then go back and get them to ping. BUT... I'm a moron. I jumped 6 days and got distracted and loaded the game normal instead of as a new character. And Gaston's house was gone. After a little bit of crying I was able to see the humor. Now i'm mostly disappointed and mad at myself. But it's still kinda funny. I also lost a lot of desire to play.

:/ I really hate that method and I know the pain of a losing a villager (Why Bob?). Hopefully there will be another bunny (or cranky) who will catch your eye. The rest of your bunnies still need their mistress.

Koomaster

:/ I really hate that method and I know the pain of a losing a villager (Why Bob?). Hopefully there will be another bunny (or cranky) who will catch your eye. The rest of your bunnies still need their mistress.
I've marked Bonbon as my next villager to leave if she asks; so if that ever happens you're welcome to have her GF if you want her and don't find someone else before then.

MicH

I was doing the 2 days forward 2 days back method... But I discovered rather than running around trying to ping, you can jump 2 days forward, save, then jump 6 days forward and create a new character... When the new character is made you check to see who moves. Then go back and get them to ping. BUT... I'm a moron. I jumped 6 days and got distracted and loaded the game normal instead of as a new character. And Gaston's house was gone. After a little bit of crying I was able to see the humor. Now i'm mostly disappointed and mad at myself. But it's still kinda funny. I also lost a lot of desire to play.
Ouch, I'm so sorry. It's quite risky and you really need to master it before you can do it without losing anyone. Let me just find a link to a guide that is very useful. I use it on my main (if I have to) and my TT town and Hsvent lost a single villager doing it. Very tedious though

EDIT: Here's the guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/66933880

I highly suggest everyone who wants to get a villager out by TTing to use this guide. No risk involved at all if you do it this way

Galactic Fork

Ouch, I'm so sorry. It's quite risky and you really need to master it before you can do it without losing anyone. Let me just find a link to a guide that is very useful. I use it on my main (if I have to) and my TT town and Hsvent lost a single villager doing it. Very tedious though

EDIT: Here's the guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/66933880

I highly suggest everyone who wants to get a villager out by TTing to use this guide. No risk involved at all if you do it this way

Hehe I've done it a lot in the past to get rid of most of my non bunnies with no unwanted losses. But the problem came in getting fancy and jumping an extra 6 days intending to check to see who was gone. It's not that I was careless in keeping track or wasn't vigilant in trying to find out who was leaving. I started my game in my main character instead of a new character and locked it.

Ok, a new villager entered my town this morning. It's

Zell

95px-Zell.png

Hmz, he looks good for a smug. Let's see in a couple of days of what he's made of. So again at 10 villagers till Claudia leaves...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Hehe I've done it a lot in the past to get rid of most of my non bunnies with no unwanted losses. But the problem came in getting fancy and jumping an extra 6 days intending to check to see who was gone. It's not that I was careless in keeping track or wasn't vigilant in trying to find out who was leaving. I started my game in my main character instead of a new character and locked it.

Sorry for your loss :(

Can someone help me? I'm getting frustrated as shit because the flower shop never has any Axes. Does anyone have a few to spare? I also can't find any Cherry's or the other weird fruit that starts with an O or something? I'm annoyed to the point where I just need them from someone now.

Oxx

I streetpassed someone today who has the badge for playing over 500 hours. And she has a lot of the other badges too.

Hardcore.

Aiustis

Can someone help me? I'm getting frustrated as shit because the flower shop never has any Axes. Does anyone have a few to spare? I also can't find any Cherry's or the other weird fruit that starts with an O or something? I'm annoyed to the point where I just need them from someone now.

I will be on later if you want some axes...I have 2 you can have. I also have cherries (native fruit).

Coldsnap

Think this is a common thing. I got an new axe I'm not using. FC is in my profile.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Go to international island to catch a rainbow stag, some dude is already there, no big. Chop the trees down, he's wasting time picking up the fruit, flowers, and shells, whatever. After like 10 minutes, see a rainbow stag. As I sneak up to catch it...he leaves, making the rainbow stag disappear -_- then somebody else joined before I could start a tour (to prevent new people from joining) and she made us disconnect. Sigh.

Made it into April in my TTing town. Not going to spoil it, but what they do with the cherry blossoms (and I don't just mean the trees) might be even cooler than winter . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom