• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew a white carnation without any online hints.

You have no idea how proud of myself I am right now.

*shines her "Everyone is a winner!" medal*

Anustart

Ankha moved in today, finally a villager I like the look of, though I doubt it'll get me to give a crap about a villager still.

Also got my first black rose from some red+ breeding. Waiting for 9 to see nip prices.

Edit: Wait, on Thonky it says 2 plain reds make a black, are mine +'s or what? The reds popped out of a purple + red mix.

Linius

Ankha moved in today, finally a villager I like the look of, though I doubt it'll get me to give a crap about a villager still.

Also got my first black rose from some red+ breeding. Waiting for 9 to see nip prices.

Edit: Wait, on Thonky it says 2 plain reds make a black, are mine +'s or what? The reds popped out of a purple + red mix.

You don't need Red+ to breed black roses.

zigg

Thonky's flower guide is bullshit.

Roses work like this:

red + red = black
red + white = pink
red + yellow = orange
white + white = purple
white + yellow = what
yellow + yellow = ahahahaha

orange + purple = red*
red* + red* + a hell of a long time = blue
blue + blue = blue and they spread like crazy

You may see variations to the above happen as well. Consider that

any flower may spawn itself
any flower may spawn an ancestor

Thus, red* + red*, while you are tearing your hair out waiting for a blue, will also spawn you just about everything else. I got a number of extra blacks this way.

It has also been said that "store-bought" flowers—being presumably pure basic flowers—help make this all more predictable. It makes a little sense, but I can't personally vouch for it and I sure as hell am not wasting my time trying. I have grown every flower now and I am not starting over 😉

mantidor

Is there anyway to identify a red* rose or they just look like normal reds?

Also, does this apply to any flower type? guides are sometimes contradictory I think some took Wild World formulas and I don't know if those apply to New Leaf.

Is there anyway to identify a red* rose or they just look like normal reds?

Also, does this apply to any flower type? guides are sometimes contradictory I think some took Wild World formulas and I don't know if those apply to New Leaf.

They look like normal reds.

Also I do believe there can be * of any colour or flower, but they're not immediately useful.

BTW, are you up for trading roses right now? : D

zigg

Also I do believe there can be * of any colour or flower, but they're not immediately useful.
Well, if you define * as "has genes other than its primary appearance", then yeah, I guess you could say that. But there are two specific uses of the * that are useful and specify specific crosses:

red* roses (from orange + purple): pair to make blue roses

red* pansies (from red + blue): pair to make purple pansies

So I would not personally say any other cross is a * cross.

Annabelle should be in boxes today. If anyone wants the anteater, let me know!

Anabelle_-_Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf.png

zigg

Remember how I said I had every flower earlier? I lied. I haven't gone beyond red carnations yet :/

Is a price of 325 bells a small spike 3rd step or large spike final?
Depends on the history—you really need to track every price—but that seems high enough to me to have a good shot at being your top price.

Anustart

Remember how I said I had every flower earlier? I lied. I haven't gone beyond red carnations yet :/

Depends on the history—you really need to track every price—but that seems high enough to me to have a good shot at being your top price.

Oh I can give you every price :3

It's gone 95 - 92 - 86 - 82 - 113 - 215 - 325

Annabelle should be in boxes today. If anyone wants the anteater, let me know!

Always thought of her more as a pangolin due to her markings. I love me some pangolins too... they're fucking awesome. Sadly no room though.

Holy crap! You mean I beat you to making a white one? *cues music*

I did send you the secret to my success in a SwapNote last night though. :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

I never forget.

Minor pic dump from the last couple weeks:

tumblr_mugpgakBV31sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Her camouflage is very poor.

tumblr_mugpku8Kt41sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

:eek:

tumblr_mugpmflwKp1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Obligatory hamster in wheat field picture.

tumblr_mugpo1HPjV1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

She didn't make enough...for the three of us :/ Did she just make like one giant cookie or what?

tumblr_mugpt42aaT1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

What a dick. Hello would have sufficed.

tumblr_mugpvn73381sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Annalisa moved out to Animekatt's town :D also, sneaky Soleil

tumblr_mugpzbPshA1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

:/ isn't that just...a potato salad sandwich?

tumblr_mugq2jaPSk1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Halloween room in Westraid's town!

tumblr_mugq3nJQ8P1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

She really needs to learn about mobile GAF.

tumblr_mugqa5DwEz1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Now to never buy anything again!
Not really :p

tumblr_mugq9fAE291sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mugq9fAE291sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mugq9fAE291sw5rnlo3_400.jpg

tumblr_mugq9fAE291sw5rnlo4_400.jpg

tumblr_mugq9fAE291sw5rnlo5_400.jpg

tumblr_mugq9fAE291sw5rnlo6_400.jpg

tumblr_mugq9fAE291sw5rnlo7_400.jpg

tumblr_mugq9fAE291sw5rnlo8_400.jpg

She's totally jelly of that sparkle. I'm glad they didn't involve me.

tumblr_mugqb3rsbF1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Groucho probably shouldn't mouth off to somebody who just came into possession of a knife.

tumblr_mugqlwPmZo1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

wut

mantidor

Haha, that's fine.

What timezone are you in? I think one of your posts was way past my bedtime (I'm in GMT) X D

Sometimes I forget those little details hehe.

I'm at gmt -3, which means we are going to have logisitic problems hehe how about tonight at 10:00 pm gmt, is it too late?

Elija2

Never look, never look.

I was hunting for Cheri once and she was in my sister's camp while her town was full. I also looked in her camp again a few days back and she had Marshal.

But I get curious! Also I still need to get some of the campsite-exclusive furniture. Besides, I don't even care for Ruby that much.

Bluebear has been the only camper I ever wanted out of that tent and thankfully I had an empty spot during that point in time. I love the hell out of her.

Chopper

Pokemon arrived in the post this morning, but I can't bring myself to start it. I'm in the middle of an epic trade and am scared the 'mon will distract me from fulfilling it! Gonna be so worth it though.

Niraj

I told him 'no' and he still forces you to be his slave. *grumble grumble* candy *grumble*

What a Jackass.

Speaking of candy, have you guys been buying and hoarding it? I bought two or three, but as I was reading up on it, it seems as though you don't really need it?

Elija2

How to get your villagers to talk dirty to you:

Step 1. Keep a banana, rocket, or morning glory in your inventory.
Step 2. Talk to villagers until they bring it up.
Step 3. Wash their mouth out with soap.

Niraj

Oh dear, what's candy for?

I've been hoarding it like an idiot.

Well from what I understand this is basically how it goes on Halloween:

Villagers will either be in their houses or walking around with pumpkin masks on, as will Jack. Your objective is to scare the villagers that are in their houses wearing the Halloween masks that Able's has been selling. If you scare them with the correct one, you get a lollipop, which you can give to Jack for pieces of the Creepy set. If you fail, you get a piece of candy which you can trade for pieces of the Spooky set.

As for the villagers outside, they will chase you if they see you, and if they catch up, you can either give them a piece of candy to figure out what mask one of the other villagers is afraid of, or you can pick the other option where you play a "game" with them, which I'm assuming it's very involving. If you win the game, they'll give you a piece of candy. If you lose, I think you can get some of this stuff though I think you have to be wearing a mask to get one of the pumpkin heads? Not too sure.

Granted, I could be totally wrong, but that's just my understanding of it.

Niraj

Is it possible to get all the Halloween-exclusive items on one Halloween?

Poster here seems to suggest so:
Okay, here's the skinny on Halloween:

Lollipops - Yep, you can reload the game as many times as you need to get all your lollies. If you have more characters, each individual can glean one off of all your animals too.

Pumpkin Heads - You only get pumpkin heads by losing a game to a villager when you're not wearing anything on your head. The same goes for Jack's pumpkin.

Creepy Set - There are only 8 pieces to it, so, theoretically, if you're the luckiest man/woman alive you can get it from turning in a lollipop from only 8 of your animals. You ALSO have a small chance to win a piece of the set from giving Jack regular candy. Actually, I had awesome luck with that and got about a third of my Creepy pieces that way.

Patched Clothing - When you put on a hat (they won't change masks), shirt, pants and pair of shoes (I'm not sure if there's a dress, though. I forgot to try.) you don't want anymore, go out and lose to the villagers several times. Once you've gotten the whole outfit on, villagers will begin to mess with your inventory. (That's why it's pretty dang important to drop of all your swag at home first before trying to collect the next set of trick items.)

Pocket Items - As far as I know, this is totally random. Once you're decked out in a pumpkin head or the hat and your whole patched look, animals will begin changing things in your inventory. (It usually seems to be the candy they go for first.) What you'll get can be the Old Wall, Old Flooring, or a Jack-in-the-Box. The Jack-in-the-Box seems to be really rare though.

I hope that helped! I know that Thonky and the Prima guide were pretty vague on this event so I tried my hardest to learn as much as I could about it.

The only thing I'm confused about are the patched items and the floor and wall they're referring to. I see patched pants but nothing else?

Not sure how accurate this is but if you lose the game, the villager apparently swaps out stuff you have in your inventory. Hence "trick or treat." Probably best to keep an eye on what you're wearing/carrying on Halloween.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Halloween#In_New_Leaf

That seems to be the case as well. Same poster warning others to store/drop their creepy set stuff as soon as possible or you could lose it to a villager. Sounds pretty damn annoying to be honest.

Elija2

So the candy is somewhat useful because you can give it to Jack for a chance at getting creepy furniture? Okay.

Of course Halloween is the most complicated holiday.

Niraj

So the candy is somewhat useful because you can give it to Jack for a chance at getting creepy furniture? Okay.

Of course Halloween is the most complicated holiday.

Yeah seems like lollipops are guaranteed to get you a piece of the creepy set while candy is a very slim chance. Meh. Can we go to other towns for this too or no? That's what I'm curious about. It's kind of bullshit that you can only get 10 lollipops and just have to leave it up to chance as to whether you get all the pieces or not :/ at least things like the bug and fishing tournament give you multiple chances throughout the year, and you can go to other towns to get the pieces too.

Chopper

Poster here seems to suggest so:

The only thing I'm confused about are the patched items and the floor and wall they're referring to. I see patched pants but nothing else?

That seems to be the case as well. Same poster warning others to store/drop their creepy set stuff as soon as possible or you could lose it to a villager. Sounds pretty damn annoying to be honest.
Ugh. Sounds like a huge pain in the arse.

Edit: Speaking of Fishing Tournaments, I guess I should be hoarding rare fish, right?

Also, does anyone have post due in the next few hours?

Bunch of Halloween scrooges around here. I think it sounds like fun. :) There should be enough of us that we can trade if necessary.

Just waiting on my final 3 villagers to put on the costumes I've been sending them.

Edit: Speaking of Fishing Tournaments, I guess I should be hoarding rare fish, right?

I think the first tournament goes by size. Some of the others ask for specific fish.

Damn Halloween, i'm sure I'm gonna hunt after those colored pumpkin heads and the Halloween clothing.

Ok, my list is getting shorter and shorter (and that's good news). This is all what I need to catalogue anymore ( don't mind the NYR items)

Tops
blue argyle tank
blue ringmaster coat
coral tank
coral tee
cow tee
cyan argyle tank
dragon jacket
giraffe tee
groovy tank
ladybug tank
matador's jacket
mod shirt
pink argyle tee
pink tank
pulse shirt
red argyle shirt
red down jacket
red ringmaster coat
sharp outfit
tacky sweater
tiger jacket
tiger tee
waistcoast
white tuxedo jacket
zebra tank

Bottoms
dapper skirt
dark polka skirt
dogtooth pants
festivale pants
giraffe pants
hot spring skirt
matador's pants
new spring skirt
patched pants
pink argyle skirt
rainbow plaid shorts
red warm-up pants
white formal pants
worn-out jeans
zebra pants

Dresses
dapper dress
festival tank dress
festive dress
floral knit dress
gumdrop dress
lime dress
plum coat
yellow dotted dress

Hats
coin headpiece
flamenco hat
floppy hat
green-pumpkin head
pumpkin head
purple-pumpkin head
red cap
red-horned hat
red-pumpkin head
school cap
small silk hat
tam-o'-shanter
white school cap

If anyone has any, let me know. I would be gratefull. :)

Niraj

Bunch of Halloween scrooges around here. I think it sounds like fun. :) There should be enough of us that we can trade if necessary.

Just waiting on my final 3 villagers to put on the costumes I've been sending them.

Boo, humbug.

In regards to the fishing tournament, any idea if Thonky is accurate?

Do item swap includes the gold can, axe and slingshot? seems pretty awful to lose those since they are unique.

I would imagine not, but maybe store them anyway just to be safe.

Koomaster

Yeah other AC games Halloweens worked similarly where villagers would swap out what you were wearing or carrying. Basically the night of; have 10 empty letters on you and store anything (candy/lollies/creepy furniture/etc) in the letters and they won't mess with them. Things in your actual inventory are fair game, so may be a good idea to store all your tools in a drawer for the night.

The event only starts at night so you can get all your chores done early and then dump your tools before the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom