• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigg

Yeah... either I'm gonna play and being like... oh, this sounded more complicated than it is or I'm gonna play and be like... fuck it... and just save the extra furniture and help complete a set for my best pal.
I've already said "fuck it" to Halloween, though that's partly Rune Factory's fault.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever actually done an Animal Crossing Halloween.

braves01

Banned
Between all of us in the thread, at least cataloging every Halloween item shouldn't be too big a problem, right? Otherwise Halloween sounds like a pain, especially since I'll have Pokemon to play, too.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Between all of us in the thread, at least cataloging every Halloween item shouldn't be too big a problem, right? Otherwise Halloween sounds like a pain, especially since I'll have Pokemon to play, too.

Oh yeah, definitely.

Yeah, I'd be more than happy to loan any pieces I get that others might not have for a special Halloween catting event.

Koomaster

The guides always make the holiday events seem more complicated than they are.
Trust me, just experience Halloween for yourself and you will see it's not that big of a deal and is a good time.

The holiday events are supposed to be a little more involved because they are larger events than say the Bug Catching event.
It's just like real life, you put more prep into Thanksgiving than you do Arbor Day.

Anyway, pics!...

tumblr_muigbstoZG1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_muigarHaLn1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_muig7szYVL1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

It's true; I'm a big softie. :3
I always drop whatever I'm doing when a neighbor approaches me with a request.
I also tend to buy whatever junk they are selling so they can afford a book or what have you.
I like doing what I can to help them out.

tumblr_muigd5wuTg1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Because of my unending desire to fulfill requests; Peewee mailed me his picture this morning just for stopping by his house yesterday when he asked. :D

The last Pokémon game I played was Gold.

Not HeartGold or whatevs, Gold. On my old Indigo Gameboy Color.

So far I plan to keep it that way.

I'm a monster guys.

Heh. Not me... I'll be whoring myself to Pokémon every chance I get. Which is fine since I've cut down on how much Animal Crossing I've been doing. I go through a spot or two each week where I put in a couple of hours but generally I pop in, do some stuff, and I'm good.

What ends up getting hurt more is my MMO time out of the deal. I've barely touched WoW lately because I have been having fun with FFXIV but I still only get to play maybe ten hours of that a week. I feel like I need to put myself on a schedule of what to play and when or I'll never get anything done. :/

Koomaster

The last Pokémon game I played was Gold.

Not HeartGold or whatevs, Gold. On my old Indigo Gameboy Color.

So far I plan to keep it that way.

I'm a monster guys.
I never played any of the original pokemon even though I was the right age for them; so I'm the true monster. :(

Emerald was my first pokemon game; then I played Pearl. I picked up HeartGold but I never finished it; and I haven't played another pokemon since and I'm afraid to pick up one because I think too much may have changed.

Pokemon games get very involved, I could never get into those IVs or EVs or what ever. I am like; why is my pokemon not level 100 already; that will be when I know it is strong. :p

Niraj

Finally got my third Gracie check done. Just one more to go. Guess I'll see her next month sometime.

Wolfe

Gold was my last Pokemon game as the later versions never changed enough for me to bother getting into them, and while X and Y are obviously way different (finally!) the fact that the entire game isn't in 3D really lowers my interest :(

Maybe I'll wait to see if the do a sequel that's in full 3D.

Pokemon games get very involved, I could never get into those IVs or EVs or what ever. I am like; why is my pokemon not level 100 already; that will be when I know it is strong. :p

They can... but I mean, it's much like Animal Crossing though - you set what it is you want to achieve as your personal goal. You don't have to catch every bug or fish or pay off your house or participate in the extra fancy house judging or catalog everything in the game. But it's there if you want to.

Pokémon is the same way for me. I really don't need to catch them all, and I don't need to level them to 100, I don't need to complete all the gyms or beat the Elite Four. I pick and choose the things I want to do. For me, I'm happy collecting the cute pokémon I want, leveling them enough to beat the E4, and then I'm good. All the "end game" stuff I could go back and do but I don't really get into it THAT much. But I do enjoy the time I spend in there and still consider myself part of that community.

Gold was my last Pokemon game as the later versions never changed enough for me to bother getting into them, and while X and Y are obviously way different (finally!) the fact that the entire game isn't in 3D really lowers my interest :(

Maybe I'll wait to see if the do a sequel that's in full 3D.

If the visual aesthetic is the the only thing holding you back... that doesn't seem like enough of an excuse with the upgrades they already made. They really wanted to do full 3D but the frame rate issues prevented it. I mean, if you really are not interested, then you're not interested but to me, it just seems like a silly excuse to skip over it.

Koomaster

They can... but I mean, it's much like Animal Crossing though - you set what it is you want to achieve as your personal goal. You don't have to catch every bug or fish or pay off your house or participate in the extra fancy house judging or catalog everything in the game. But it's there if you want to.

Pokémon is the same way for me. I really don't need to catch them all, and I don't need to level them to 100, I don't need to complete all the gyms or beat the Elite Four. I pick and choose the things I want to do. For me, I'm happy collecting the cute pokémon I want, leveling them enough to beat the E4, and then I'm good. All the "end game" stuff I could go back and do but I don't really get into it THAT much. But I do enjoy the time I spend in there and still consider myself part of that community.
Yeah I think I played the games wrong to begin with as I indeed did try to catch them all. I felt bad knocking a pokemon unconscious and just leaving it laying in the grass. So I tried to catch every pokemon I fought so I could take care of it. My pokemon boxes on both Emerald and Pearl got completely full of pokemon before I stopped playing them. So many zubats. ~___~

Cool. Thank you. :D

Let me know when you're free to stop by and I'll try to keep an eye on the thread.

Yeah I think I played the games wrong to begin with as I indeed did try to catch them all. I felt bad knocking a pokemon unconscious and just leaving it laying in the grass. So I tried to catch every pokemon I fought so I could take care of it. My pokemon boxes on both Emerald and Pearl got completely full of pokemon before I stopped playing them. So many zubats. ~___~

Oh no. :( No one told me that part.

Niraj

Oh no. :( No one told me that part.

As far as anybody knows, they get up and have a tea party immediately afterward. They just kind of disappear :p otherwise you wouldn't be able to walk around with all the Zubat and Geodude bodies everywhere

braves01

Banned
As far as anybody knows, they get up and have a tea party immediately afterward. They just kind of disappear :p otherwise you wouldn't be able to walk around with all the Zubat and Geodude bodies everywhere

I imagine they get eaten by other predators once they're knocked out. There's probably at least a few predators smart enough to follow trainers around in the tall grass just to eat all the Pokemon they knock unconscious.

Wolfe

If the visual aesthetic is the the only thing holding you back... that doesn't seem like enough of an excuse with the upgrades they already made. They really wanted to do full 3D but the frame rate issues prevented it. I mean, if you really are not interested, then you're not interested but to me, it just seems like a silly excuse to skip over it.

I understand why it may sound silly to you but the 3D is THE reason I bought a 3DS, and it's not as though I've never played Pokemon before. I just don't like the idea of going between 3D and 2D while playing, it annoyed me doing so while playing the slingshot and archery games in Zelda OoT 3D.

I understand why it may sound silly to you but the 3D is THE reason I bought a 3DS, and it's not as though I've never played Pokemon before. I just don't like the idea of going between 3D and 2D while playing, it annoyed me doing so while playing the slingshot and archery games in Zelda OoT 3D.

Fair enough if you find you get annoyed with it. I regularly toggle mine depending on how tired I am so I've adjusted to that kind of thing.

Ok, I'm ready and I'm bringing the 3 dresses with me, so you can catalogue those. :)

Open. Everything's in front of the station. And thanks. :)

Rated M for mature. Sounds pretty horrific.

Wolfe

Fair enough if you find you get annoyed with it. I regularly toggle mine depending on how tired I am so I've adjusted to that kind of thing.

I can't deny it is fairly silly :p, I literally don't ever turn the 3D off though. Wish there was a notch at the top of the slider to lock it into place like there is on the bottom of the XL. Honestly though I'll likely end up getting the game after a few months anyway.

Chopper

RPG Wizard, I still have some paintings and a Bath Tile here for you.

KMD, I still have a load of bushes for you. Also, I haven't dug up a single fossil today, so you can go nuts.

AEREC

New to AC and just bought this on an impulse this morning.

Can you ever change your town name? Haven't started the game yet because I can't think of a good town name.

Koomaster

New to AC and just bought this on an impulse this morning.

Can you ever change your town name? Haven't started the game yet because I can't think of a good town name.
You can't change it but it's not a big deal. However everyone WILL secretly judge you if you pick a dumb town name. But, no pressure.

Haha, just kidding of course. Welcome to the club. :p

Fishing Tourney is tomorrow; excite!

RPG Wizard, I still have some paintings and a Bath Tile here for you.

KMD, I still have a load of bushes for you. Also, I haven't dug up a single fossil today, so you can go nuts.

I haven't forgotten. Sorry, been busy with comic con and whatnot. Thanks for holding them.

Time for some late night island fishing for the tourney tomorrow. :)

I wish there was a way to see how many Katrina fortunes you've gotten so far. There isn't any way, right?
Unfortunately, no.

I remember thinking I was gonna get the PWP suggestion so many times and being disappointed. I was so happy when she finally brought it up.

Frogstep

That's a bummer. I also keep thinking that every fortune I've been getting would finally be the one, even though I already know I'm probably going to be neglecting my visits to that store when it's finally done. I just want my Main Street to be completed. :<

Niraj

That's a bummer. I also keep thinking that every fortune I've been getting would finally be the one, even though I already know I'm probably going to be neglecting my visits to that store when it's finally done. I just want my Main Street to be completed. :<

I know how that goes man :(

Chopper

Would anyone like to open up, so we can test how Fishing Tournaments work in other peoples' towns?

It's pretty easy, as long as you keep a note of the sizes of each type of fish. I got my first piece of furniture on a 20 inch Barbel Steed, so it's easy enough to work your way up.

I fucked up though. I submitted a Giant Trevally that I thought was 50 inches, but was in fact 70, so I've got a load of worthless fish now, all in size order. Do we know if Chip (who is hilarious) gives thing out in two sets, like with the bugs? I've got exactly half of the series so far, and don't want to waste the rest of my fish here, if I need to go to another town.

So far, I got: Crab Clock, Dab Table, Football-Fish Lamp, Marine Pop Floor, Sea-Anemone Bed and a Squid Chair.

Edit: Yep. I think that's it for me. I just got two Football Fish Lamps in a row. I now have three. Great.

Linius

Yeah, it works the same way as the bug tournament. And he only measures the size? What's the minimum size to receive a piece of furniture?

As of now I still haven't set a score at all and I'll keep it that way for now. I'm going for a lunch later and after I'll open up for people who want to get in to gather pieces of the fish set. Hopefully someone could repay me the favour later since I don't have a bunch of big fish yet. Have to wait till later to catch me some sharks.

List A

- Crab Clock
- Dab Table
- Football-Fish Lamp
- Sea-Anemone Bed
- Squid Chair
- Marine Pop Floor

List B

- Flounder Table
- Jellyfish Lamp
- Octopus Chair
- Puffer-Fish TV
- Red-Snapper Chair
- Marine Pop Wall

Average Size List

...[Whale Shark] jinbeezame - 600cm
...[Oarfish] ryuuguunotsukai - 580cm
...[Shark] same - 540cm
...[Arapaima] piraruku - 300cm
...[Ocean Sunfish] manbou - 300cm
...[Hammerhead Shark] shumokuzame - 250cm
...[Tuna] maguro - 230cm
...[Blue Marlin] kajiki - 220cm
...[Gar] ga - 190cm
...[Napoleonfish] naporeonfisshu - 180cm
...[Giant Trevally] rouninaji - 180cm
...[Saw Shark] nokogirizame - 150cm
...[Coelacanth] shirakansu - 150cm
...[Stringfish] itou - 140cm
...[King Salmon] kingu samon - 140cm
...[Pike] paiku - 125cm
...[Ribbon Eel] hanahigeutsubo - 120cm
...[Ray] ei - 120cm
...[Eel] unagi - 100cm
...[Dorado] dorado - 100cm
...[Sea Bass] suzuki - 100cm

Credits go to Liquefy.

Chopper

Yeah, it works the same way as the bug tournament. And he only measures the size? What's the minimum size to receive a piece of furniture?
For me, it was a 20 inch black bass. It's a piece of cake getting them all.

How does it work in other towns? Can I mess it up for you, for example, by submitting too large a fish?

Linius

For me, it was a 20 inch black bass. It's a piece of cake getting them all.

How does it work in other towns? Can I mess it up for you, for example, by submitting too large a fish?

Nope, people from other towns can submit as much fish as they want because their score won't be registered as a new high score. You just have to beat the highscore in the town you're visiting to receive furniture and that's it. That's how most of us got the bug set in one bug off.

Chopper

Nope, people from other towns can submit as much fish as they want because their score won't be registered as a new high score. You just have to beat the highscore in the town you're visiting to receive furniture and that's it. That's how most of us got the bug set in one bug off.
That's great news.

Meh, I have everything already, so... :( Just participating for fun... Have the a set.

Does anyone know if you use a second cartridge of AC on the same 3DS, it has conflicts with the SD-card for the first cartridge?

Roto13

All your bass are belong to us.

I am not prepared for this tournament. I want all of the furniture but I hate catching fish. :p

Chopper

All your bass are belong to us.

I am not prepared for this tournament. I want all of the furniture but I hate catching fish. :p
It's much easier than the bug catching. Just make sure you have a pen and paper on you to note the sizes of your fish. You can sweep up in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom