• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

Weird. My record was a 45 inch sea bass, but when I gave him a ray that was 46 inches I didn't get a fish furniture. I still beat my previous record though. I guess it does depend on the fish too.

EDIT: But a 48 inch ray did get me fish furniture.

You randomly get just regular items. I've gotten stuff like a fan, a computer, and a teacher's chair as well.

AEREC

So what does demolishing my town do (is there anything you keep if you demolish)? Also can you have multiple towns in this game?

veras

I handed in something like 30+ fish today and had a 100% correlation between him saying it was big and giving me rare furniture, and him not saying it was big and not giving me rare furniture (assuming I beat my record in both cases).

Elija2

You randomly get just regular items. I've gotten stuff like a fan, a computer, and a teacher's chair as well.

I don't think it's random, since when I was giving him bigger and bigger sea bass I never got a random furniture. Only when I gave him a different fish did the rules change. I think it depends on not just the size but also the fish.

Only managed to get a squid chair, marine pop floor, and two crab clocks. Oh well, there's always next time.

Linius

I don't think it's random, since when I was giving him bigger and bigger sea bass I never got a random furniture. Only when I gave him a different fish did the rules change. I think it depends on not just the size but also the fish.

Only managed to get a squid chair, marine pop floor, and two crab clocks. Oh well, there's always next time.

Yeah, enough tourneys luckily. I'll keep the B list open for next time. I'm happy with my Pokémons for tonight. I'm actually surprised that I played three hours of New Leaf today. My love for AC is still there :p

Coldsnap

Broke away from pokemon to do some fishing.

Can someone explain to me this B and A list thing? Ive gotten a crab clock, squid chair, and an awesome carpet so fat.

Chopper

Broke away from pokemon to do some fishing.

Can someone explain to me this B and A list thing? Ive gotten a crab clock, squid chair, and an awesome carpet so fat.
You have Set A. You need to visit someone else or trade with someone else who has Set B. There are 6 furniture items per set.

So tired today... rather enjoyed the fishing tourney.

Managed to get 11 of the fish items within a hour thanks to having two copies of the game (each had its own set luckily). Then had to run to an expo.

Not long afterwards I found the last fish item as well XD

I felt kinda like a hipster showing off my fish set basement via StreetPass, but it was cool...

Got a spare flounder table too.

Koomaster

I remember in City Folk the fishing tourneys alternated. If it works the same, next fishing tourney will be more challenging as he'll ask for a specific type of fish. So he may only accept carp, or black bass, or something from the ponds. Don't know why but I always liked the extra challenge in that. Have to pay closer attention to the sizes.

Yeah come to think of it; most of the regular furniture he gave me came from sea bass.
Maybe he hates sea bass or something? He should get with the program because here in Dansbury...

tumblr_mon65ywZeb1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

We love Seabass! <___<

*heart*

braves01

Banned
I definitely think the fish have to be large for the species in order to get fish items. If he says the fish is large for its kind, you're getting fish gear. For the sea bass I traded in, it seemed like anything over 40 in. was considered large.

Mecca

I wish I knew about this list A/B thing before I started. I turned in the smallest fish I had, a Freshwater Goby around 5 inches, and just went down the line giving him bigger and bigger fish. I think I had all the furniture in the A Set by the time I turned in a fish that was around 25 inches, but I kept going because I thought I wasn't getting all the furniture.

Now I have 5 Dab Tables and a few other duplicates. :(

Frogstep

Got 4 of the fish furniture stuff so far: crab clock, sea-anemone bed, dab table and football-fish lamp. Kinda screwed myself out of farming sea bass' for items cause I handed in a sizeable Ray. :<

Oh well, always next time.

braves01

Banned
I've got a spare sea anemone bed and squid chair I'd be willing to trade for stuff I don't have.

Pieces I already have are: sea anemone bed, squid chair, crab clock, football fish lamp, dab table, and marine pop floor.

Velcro Fly

I just got like 6 football-fish lamps in a row lol

I think I have about 8 of them and another 6 of 7 crab clocks

I went a little overboard today...

Final tally for today:

Football-fish lamp - 8
Marine Pop Floor - 5
Crab Clock - 7
Dab Table - 2
Squid Chair - 2
Sea Anemone Bed - 4

I got 4 of the list B items but I need a flounder table and pufferfish TV. I don't have any dupe prizes but if you're interested in trading PM me (FC is in profile).

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Got 4 of the fish furniture stuff so far: crab clock, sea-anemone bed, dab table and football-fish lamp. Kinda screwed myself out of farming sea bass' for items cause I handed in a sizeable Ray. :<

Oh well, always next time.

Yeah exactly why I didn't try too hard. We get so many chances.

Did you get the whole set? I just did an full A for B trade on GameFAQs, so I got the whole thing now.

I have some extra A stuff if you want it. (sea-anemone bed and marine pop floor) You are welcome to have both. Also, if you still have any extra octopus chairs after the one you're giving to coldsnap, I wouldn't mind taking one if you don't mind. (They are so freaking adorable!)

Edit: Gotta go out for a bit, just PM me if you want the stuff. :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Did you get the whole set? I just did an full A for B trade on GameFAQs, so I got the whole thing now.

I have some extra A stuff if you want it. (sea-anemone bed and marine pop floor) You are welcome to have both. Also, if you still have any extra octopus chairs after the one you're giving to coldsnap, I wouldn't mind taking one if you don't mind. (They are so freaking adorable!)

Edit: Gotta go out for a bit, just PM me if you want the stuff. :)

Nah, only gave him like 6 fish. Got a red snapper chair I gave to a friend, three octopus chairs, a marine pop wall (whichever is in that group), and a jellyfish lamp. You can definitely have an octopus chair.

Anustart

Chopper! Lemme hit you up tomorrow! I got Mario & Luigi Dream Team the other day and been engrossed in it, plus work and working on my game :/ But tomorrow I'll come over for sure.

Sorta. I believe after you cycle out 16 villagers from your town old villagers can move in, but they won't remember you so they'll act like completely new villagers. I can't confirm this to be true, but it's what I've heard.
Yeah, that's about right. (I know some people say 17 just to be safe.)

GameFAQs is full of people cycling to get old villagers back.

Mecca

I'm not anti-time traveling, but I wouldn't do it myself. It just seems like more pain than it's worth in the long run. Especially with villagers requesting to leave ever 2-3 days.

Man, I forgot to get my fishing tourney trophy too. :(

I'm not anti-time traveling, but I wouldn't do it myself. It just seems like more pain than it's worth in the long run. Especially with villagers requesting to leave ever 2-3 days.

It can be done relatively safely but the system's not without its quirks--even removing human error from the equation. That would be my fear too: losing a villager I like and have spent time befriending.

Thanks for the kind words yesterday, bpb. It was a medical scare with a loved one, so it goes without saying why yesterday was tough. The good news is that it looks like a false alarm, and it wasn't what was feared. Everything came back normal. Still not sure what it was, but ruling out the worst things is a load off the mind.

Anyways, I did come home in time to do some fishing but fell asleep before I did my usual shopping rounds.

What would be the negative side effects of TTing back and then forward a day to get whatever I missed (mask, candy, Spooky item?)

What would be the negative side effects of TTing back and then forward a day to get whatever I missed (mask, candy, Spooky item?)

There might be a chance you gain the "time traveler" nickname when villagers talk about you.

Also it speeds up villagers moving since going back a day counts as going forward a day (and if you to and fro, you've gone ahead 2 days).

If it's for minor stuff, you could come visit my or somebody else's shops. I already have enough candy and the whole spooky set/halloween masks.

On a totally unrelated note, is anybody familiar with the recent hybrid flower bag craze? I have some spare bags and I doubt they're worth anything since all the bags were duped like crazy--should I just, like, use them to plant hybrids?

That's wonderful to hear. Even if it stressed you out, alarms are best when they're false ones, I think. :)

As Aveyn said, the only real risk is an already-moving villager sneaking out the door if you weren't aware that they were leaving. This can be avoided by thoroughly talking to all your villagers until they mention one of them starts gossiping that so-and-so is thinking of leaving town.

But I agree that if you're only after the candy, mask, and Spooky set, you'll be fine without time traveling. All of that stuff will be rotated through several times before the month is over and obviously we can help if there's something you're missing. Especially since the masks and furniture can all be ordered.

Roto13

Does anyone have anyone moving out today? I'm somehow down to eight villagers, which means I'll be getting a random one soon if I don't pick someone out for myself.

bjork

I got a puffer-fish TV, an octopus chair, a red snapper couch, marine pop wall (I think that's the name?) and finally got that whale shark out of my living room. Good times.

Is there a way to make Katrina show up with a higher frequency? It seems like she's once every two weeks, and I've only had one town visitor ever, so it's taking forever to get her shop in town.

Is there a way to make Katrina show up with a higher frequency? It seems like she's once every two weeks, and I've only had one town visitor ever, so it's taking forever to get her shop in town.

No, she shows up when she shows up. Though visitors coming for a reading boost their own counts not yours anyway. If you want to get there faster, you need to visit Katrina when she appears in other towns.

bjork

No, she shows up when she shows up. Though visitors coming for a reading boost their own counts not yours anyway. If you want to get there faster, you need to visit Katrina when she appears in other towns.

Ah, I wasn't aware of this. Guess I'll just be patient, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom