• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

I have my Animal Crossing notebook here with me. Important!: the minimum size has to be 40 inches to receive a piece of the fish set I just found out.

I'm on list A and my current record is 40.50 inches for a seabass.

Roto13

Frank will be in boxes when he wakes up, whenever that is. If anyone wants him, let me know.

PVIVRef.jpg

It's much easier than the bug catching. Just make sure you have a pen and paper on you to note the sizes of your fish. You can sweep up in no time.

If it's only about size, then that does make it simpler.

I have my Animal Crossing notebook here with me. Important!: the minimum size has to be 40 inches to receive a piece of the fish set I just found out.

I'm on list A and my current record is 40.50 inches for a seabass.

Hmz, I got a crab clock and my fish was only 19 and something inches...

Linius

Hmz, I got a crab clock and my fish was only 19 and something inches...

Hmm, that's odd. I turned in three seabass ranging from 37.80 to 38.90 and got random furniture as a reward. Then I had two 40+ seabass left and got fish furniture for both. Well maybe it's just a crazy coincidence then?

Chopper

Yeah, there is no minimum size, it appears.

And damn, you're both on Set A too. Anyone got Set B and want to hold off winning for a bit?!

Linius

mKIOQxA.png

This is the fishing tourney schedule. As you can see the one from this month is an easy one for collecting the fish set. In some of the other months his demands are a bit more specific.

Anyways, I got all the List A items with six Sea Bass in a row, no spares. So now my record is 44.00 inches and I have all the items I can get in my town. Now I only need someone on list B with a low record to continue hunting the fish set.

I'll check back in the thread in a few hours. Time to do some other stuff now :)

Roto13

Hmm, that's odd. I turned in three seabass ranging from 37.80 to 38.90 and got random furniture as a reward. Then I had two 40+ seabass left and got fish furniture for both. Well maybe it's just a crazy coincidence then?
Weird. I started turning in fish and started getting fish furniture one I hit 15 inches. So there was a minimum for me but much lower than that.

EDIT: I just broke the record again (18-ish inches) and got a pot belly stove. How does this work? :p

Mekere

I will let my gate open for a while. Set B, max 46.65 . There are also a few doubles in front of the train station if you want to exchange them with your set A dupes. :)

Items are totally random. Whatever the size of the fish you can have normal or fish furniture...

Chopper

Weird. I started turning in fish and started getting fish furniture one I hit 15 inches. So there was a minimum for me but much lower than that.

EDIT: I just broke the record again (18-ish inches) and got a pot belly stove. How does this work? :p
There's a chance you get a random item instead of fish furniture. What set of prizes are you?

I will let my gate open for a while. Set B, max 46.65 . There are also a few doubles in front of the train station if you want to exchange them with your set A dupes. :)

Items are totally random. Whatever the size of the fish you can have normal or fish furniture...
I'll defo be over in a bit.

Roto13

If anyone wants to trade their spare Marine Pop Wall for my spare Marine Pop Floor, let me know. I also have a spare Football Fish Lamp.

Well this tourney was not meant to be. Thankfully there's no shortage of attempts but I'm not sure when I'll get back to my 3DS and honestly I don't even feel like playing today.

Today's been really shitty and stressful.

Did I F up this tournament?

I caught a lot of different types of fish (mostly red snappers and sea basses) and I didn't get an actual fish related furniture piece until a 41.25 sized sea bass.

Chopper

Did I F up this tournament?

I caught a lot of different types of fish (mostly red snappers and sea basses) and I didn't get an actual fish related furniture piece until a 41.25 sized sea bass.
No, you're just unlucky.

Just finished up the set. Thanks Mekere. Got a spare Football Fish Lamp.

Linius

I did it with six sea bass: 40.10, 40.50, 41.85, 42.50, 42.90 and 44.00. Much easier than the Bug Off to get every item in your own town since you know exactly in which order you must deliver the fish.

Anyways, I've got the golden trophy and a spare Dab Table. I'm only on the hunt for the B list now so if anyone on B list with a low score can let me in that would be great.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Damn... almost forgot about the fishing. Been playing Wind Waker so as to finish that before I get into Pokémon.

Good thing I had an old hammerhead that's been sitting in my basket for weeks. Got first place within the last hour.

Maybe I'll play with my alt and try and get second or third.

Since I didn't prepare a nice batch of fish I'll got for items later. Got a squid chair though.

Linius

Damn... almost forgot about the fishing. Been playing Wind Waker so as to finish that before I get into Pokémon.

Good thing I had an old hammerhead that's been sitting in my basket for weeks. Got first place within the last hour.

Maybe I'll play with my alt and try and get second or third.

Since I didn't prepare a nice batch of fish I'll got for items later. Got a squid chair though.

Well as it turns out there's not really a need to prepare since a bunch of Sea Bass can do the trick. I was worried about needing to catch a shitload of sharks at first :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well as it turns out there's not really a need to prepare since a bunch of Sea Bass can do the trick. I was worried about needing to catch a shitload of sharks at first :p
Well with only half an hour left I just threw a good scoring fish to secure gold.

Good to know that it's much easier to get items this time round.

Linius

Another thing I noticed is that my villagers suck at this. Flurry came in third with a three inch fish and Henry took second place with 22 inch black bass. How awesome would it have been if Henry caught a Whale Shark? But nope :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well that's third place secured which is great. Will aim for items and second next month.

Guess I went overboard with the hammerhead... 105"...

Funny thing is he says he can't eat it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
BUUURP!

Managed to bag silver and bronze with my alts and a couple of sea bass. A clean sweep in one event. Happy with that.

Damn nice going! I got a red snapper chair which I gave to a friend and three octopus chairs so far lol. I don't care all too much though. The only ones I really like are the lamps

veras

I don't think it's random. I think he gives you a piece of the rare furniture if the fish you hand in is relatively large for its type - he comments when this happens e.g. "this is pretty big for a XXXX". I got some rare furniture for relatively large dabs, then handed in a bunch of relatively small sea bass (which were bigger than the dabs) and got nothing.

Screw all you Pokemon peeps. I won't be able to get the game until maybe Monday.

I'll be getting mine after work today. Having to scroll through my twitter feed and see people's impressions as they go is killing me at a slow day in work.

In other news, I managed to pick up all of the items in Group A. The sizes for the sea bass were:

So, they definitely were 40+....

My guess is that different types of fish have their own minimum requirements?

Linius

Yeah, like mentioned the relatively bigger ones for each of the fish sorts. So 40+ for Sea Bass apparently.

Lazybones, what's your current score? Can I get in maybe to grab the b items?

Koomaster

I started getting the fish furniture when I turned in a 20inch fish and received fish furniture for most of the fish I turned in thereafter so long as I beat my previous score. Every once in a while he would give me a random regular furniture thing even when he thought the fish I gave him was big for it's size. So I think there is probably like an 80%+ chance you will get fish furniture so long as it's above 20inches and you beat your previous high score.

The fish tourney is a lot easier than the bug-off since it's just based on size and not some hidden random score modifier. So getting a random piece of furniture every so often isn't bad. I got all the furniture for my town's set and stopped at a 45inch pike.

If anyone needs my extra flounder table, let me know.

As an aside the red-snapper chair functions more like a couch. I think that must have been a translation error.

Elija2

I started getting the fish furniture when I turned in a 20inch fish and received fish furniture for most of the fish I turned in thereafter so long as I beat my previous score. Every once in a while he would give me a random regular furniture thing even when he thought the fish I gave him was big for it's size. So I think there is probably like an 80%+ chance you will get fish furniture so long as it's above 20inches and you beat your previous high score.

Damn, I kept giving him sea bass and only got a fish furniture when the size went over 40. Guess I should have tried other fish first.

I got a crab clock so I'm in list A and my current record is 43.55 inches.

Koomaster

Damn, I kept giving him sea bass and only got a fish furniture when the size went over 40. Guess I should have tried other fish first.

I got a crab clock so I'm in list A and my current record is 43.55 inches.
Yeah come to think of it; most of the regular furniture he gave me came from sea bass.
Maybe he hates sea bass or something? He should get with the program because here in Dansbury...

tumblr_mon65ywZeb1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

We love Seabass! <___<

Velcro Fly

I was so organized with this. I listed every fish and it's size when I caught them. I caught plenty of fish that were small but still were a new record. I got all the A list furniture! I still have a 48 inch pike ready to turn in if I need it to win the contest. Think I may wait a little bit and try to get some more Sea Bass. Will be open to trading some A list stuff for either B list stuff or Bug Off stuff since I missed a few of those.

Overall a fun afternoon of fishing!

Elija2

Weird. My record was a 45 inch sea bass, but when I gave him a ray that was 46 inches I didn't get a fish furniture. I still beat my previous record though. I guess it does depend on the fish too.

EDIT: But a 48 inch ray did get me fish furniture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom