• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Quilson has returned to Gloster a second time. This time he was outside of the store walking around the shopping district. Will he be walking around town tomorrow?

image_zpsa62b3a31.jpg

image_zps6a929cbe.jpg

I know you guys said they might move in after you cycle through 17 neighbors, but is there any way to initiate a dialogue that asks them to move back to town?

I know you guys said they might move in after you cycle through 17 neighbors, but is there any way to initiate a dialogue that asks them to move back to town?

I don't think you get the same villager back.

If you let go, say, Pekoe and cycle 16 villagers, you can invite another Pekoe (or the same one in another town) to your town like a normal villager invite.

So Quilson has returned to Gloster a second time. This time he was outside of the store walking around the shopping district. Will he be walking around town tomorrow?

He'll continue to show up randomly until 16 have left since he did.

And no, you can't force a move in dialogue. The villagers you see in the shopping district are just echoes. You can't interact with them past a few pieces of dialogue.

I don't think you get the same villager back.

If you let go, say, Pekoe and cycle 16 villagers, you can invite another Pekoe (or the same one in another town) to your town like a normal villager invite.

That sucks :/

And I don't know if this was an accident, or not, but I was playing Hide-n-Seek earlier, and found beehives and coins behind some trees. Has anyone else found stuff like this?

That sucks :/

And I don't know if this was an accident, or not, but I was playing Hide-n-Seek earlier, and found beehives and coins behind some trees. Has anyone else found stuff like this?

Yes, I've found items like that, but they're just items I forgot to pick up after shaking trees : P

Elija2

I have Pokemon X sitting right next to me but I gotta go through my daily AC chores before I can start playing it. I think this is the point where AC becomes a grind.

Chopper

My gate is open if KMD or RPG Wizard are around to pick up their bits.

Also, anyone want a Football Fish Lamp? It's spare, and sitting next to my station. Just come and pick it up.

Heh, after a frustrating/confusing first ever day playing Pokemon, I happily went back to AC today.

At least my high score held in the fishing tourney despite forgetting to check back in before judging closed. I wish they posted the full scores on the board. I'm curious to see how well villagers are able to do.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Heh, after a frustrating/confusing first ever day playing Pokemon, I happily went back to AC today.

At least my high score held in the fishing tourney despite forgetting to check back in before judging closed. I wish they posted the full scores on the board. I'm curious to see how well villagers are able to do.

Yeah I was kind of surprised at that myself. I wanted to get an idea of what kind of scores would be good for second/third the next time.

Elija2

Blanche is thinking about moving out but she won't talk to me so I can stop her. Goddamnit, just spit it out already!

When I handed in a 5 inch pale chub I got in third place, so needless to say the villagers suck.

Ok, so I started the Campsite project to be able to see how close I could get it to Town Hall, and it looks like it would have to be two spaces away... which would butt the side of it up right against the line of bushes I'm planning on building.

Can I plant bushes directly next to the campsite, or would that be an issue?

Actually, could you guys check out my Dream Town and give me some feedback? Quote for the code.

There's not enough space between Town Hall and my future row of bushes (marked with a different ground design and yellow tulips) to put the Police Station, like I originally planned, so I figured I'd move the Police Station to the left of ReTail, and maybe put the campsite next to Town Hall.

Any thoughts or feedback, guys? I really want to get the layout just right.

You need at least one full space between a bush and a PWP. Campsite included.

Also be aware that you can place paths in front of the camp site, but when a camper sets up a tent there, those paths will be cleared away. So don't place a camp site right up on top of your paths.

not-like-this-gif.gif

Damn it. Guess I'll have to put the campsite elsewhere. :/ I guess it would've looked strange next to buildings anyways... just kinda wanted everything important on my main street I guess. Ah well, maybe I can find a nice cliff area for it.

Koomaster

not-like-this-gif.gif

Damn it. Guess I'll have to put the campsite elsewhere. :/ I guess it would've looked strange next to buildings anyways... just kinda wanted everything important on my main street I guess. Ah well, maybe I can find a nice cliff area for it.
Yeah you definitely want your camp site a little secluded from other things. Because think about real life, you don't normally see people setting up tents next to town hall (occupy movements excepted) or the police station. They tend to be out in the woods.

Yeah you definitely want your camp site a little secluded from other things. Because think about real life, you don't normally see people setting up tents next to town hall (occupy movements excepted) or the police station. They tend to be out in the woods.

Yep, ab. You'll definitely regret it if you put your campsite right in front of, say, your town hall. :/ Stick it out of the way somewhere since it's kind of an eyesore when it's empty which is most of the time.

Chopper

It's been a very busy week.

In amongst all the Pokemon craziness and subsequent death of the AC community (an exaggeration), I have managed to persevere with some hardcore trading with a totally awesome guy from Gamefaqs who has managed to fulfil a pretty huge amount of trades that I was sure were out of my reach. Thanks to his generosity, ALOT of ordering stuff from my catalogue, and harassing a couple of you for help, tonight we concluded our business.

As a result, I have gutted my house of every common, orderable item. I am now one of those assholes you might StreetPass, who's house contents cannot be ordered. Just admired.

Here's a rundown of the current contents of my house.

Bug, Fish and Flower Room:

dOMhuDh.jpg

Every item from the Bug, Fish and Weeding Day sets. So pleased I got the Weeding Day stuff, as I plan on unlocking those PWPs. Some of it is really cool.

Birthday Room:

N4B0uGT.jpg

Yes, I know. Fucking Balloon Set. But nicely complemeneted by the entire StreetPass balloon set and each of the Birthday items. The balloons are not only awesome, but provide an excellent, charitable, orderable option to those lucky enough to 'pass me. :)

Sloppy and Cardboard (and Zodiac) Room:

k0g7f10.jpg

The Sloppy Set is fucking awesome. You know it. Everyone knows it. And the Cardboard Set works reasonably nicely alongside it in a scruffy, student, crack-den sort of way. The Zodiac Set? I have nowhere to store it currently, so here it'll stay for the time being, thoroughly angering anyone who wants it.

Island Basement:

4gNT35J.jpg

Really, this is just a storage room for all the island exclusive stuff I have accumulated. My Cabana set is incomplete, and I am missing an Orange Wetsuit and a Treasure Chest. But I've done the majority of the hard work. I'm not really sure what I'm gonna do with all this stuff, but it's awesome.

Gold, Pirate and 7-11 room:

sum4UTW.jpg

A random combination, but one that proves convenient for space purposes. Love having a cash point in my house! Sadly, still missing a Golden Table and Wall Lamp, but otherwise pretty cool.

My main room is still full of Nintendo fortune cookie stuff from when I was gunning for 2 million HHA points, but I'll replace it all soon. I'm thinking a gold cabana room. Not sure.

I achieved most of this with a copy of Pokemon X sat in my console, an impatient non-gaming girlfriend and 3 seasons of Breaking Bad to get through. It's been emotional.

Huge thanks to those of you who helped me out. Kami in particular. If you guys need anything at all, I am in your debt.

Koomaster

Amazing work Chopper! That's a very lively house! :D

Also I didn't know there was a whole bunch of cardboard furniture; does that stuff show up at Nooklings or is it like the sloppy set?

Chopper

Amazing work Chopper! That's a very lively house! :D

Also I didn't know there was a whole bunch of cardboard furniture; does that stuff show up at Nooklings or is it like the sloppy set?
Like the Sloppy Set. Though, whilst I've come across 3 Sloppy items myself, I have never seen a Cardboard item. They're super rare. I tried to get Gaston to part with his for a long time. But I failed.

Wolfe

I've got the two golden items you're missing if you want them Chopper, not likely to do anything with them myself so they're just taking up space in my locker.

Chopper

I've got the two golden items you're missing if you want them Chopper, not likely to do anything with them myself so they're just taking up space in my locker.
I would absolutely love them!!

Would you be able to drop them over? Would you like anything in return?

Wolfe

I would absolutely love them!!

Would you be able to drop them over? Would you like anything in return?

Nothing I'm really looking for atm unless you've got spare sloppy items or the aviator shades (the gradient ones from gracie). If no on both those then don't worry about it :)

I can pop by whenever.

Chopper

Nothing I'm really looking for atm unless you've got spare sloppy items or the aviator shades (the gradient ones from gracie). If no on both those then don't worry about it :)

I can pop by whenever.
Cool. Come over. My gate's open.

Edit: Thanks alot man.

braves01

Banned
Are there any sets that look really cool with silver, amethyst, or ruby ore modifications? I've a premium on ore today and I can't decide whether or not to sell and free up space in storage.

Hugh the lazy blue pig is in boxes if anyone wants him in the next couple hours. I didn't want to lose him, but I never got a ping. It was my fault as I wasn't talking to my villagers as much lately.

Chopper

Are there any sets that look really cool with silver, amethyst, or ruby ore modifications? I've a premium on ore today and I can't decide whether or not to sell and free up space in storage.
Nope. The only good looking modified sets are Modern x Sapphire and Cabana x Gold.

Niraj

I can pop by whenever.

I can hook you up with some aviators at some point if you want. They're just sitting in my locker doing nothing.

Niraj

You got any spare gold roses dude?

From the last two days, I've gotten a total of one, despite not watering six of them. I think today there were four more wilted ones, so should have five tomorrow. I'm not ignoring you :p

Dicer

Banned
OK I am mega sad, Chrissy moved away ...I hadn't played in a little bit and now she is gone :(

Any way of getting her back?

Lopez the smug deer is moving out today, so if anyone wants him, let me know.

Posted this on GameFAQs too, so first come, first serve. (If anyone bites, that is.)

Edit: He's taken.

Frogstep

My frogs have all been wanting to move out lately. Fucking traitors, man. Good thing I'm such a tyrant and they have no say in the matter.

Wolfe

Hugh the lazy blue pig is in boxes if anyone wants him in the next couple hours. I didn't want to lose him, but I never got a ping. It was my fault as I wasn't talking to my villagers as much lately.

If the offer still stands I'll take him.

And Niraj, I'll gladly take you up on that offer :D

Elija2

I got a locked Swapnote a couple days ago and I was wondering who it was from. Well today it unlocked and turns out it was a Japanese girl I met in AC wishing me a happy birthday. How thoughtful of her to wish a happy birthday to someone that she barely played with. Now I have to remember to wish her a happy birthday too.

Niraj

I got a locked Swapnote a couple days ago and I was wondering who it was from. Well today it unlocked and turns out it was a Japanese girl I met in AC wishing me a happy birthday. How thoughtful of her to wish a happy birthday to someone that she barely played with. Now I have to remember to wish her a happy birthday too.

That's pretty nice :)

the only locked ones I've gotten are from Katt about Fire Emblem birthdays lol

Wolfe

Man, that's one of the reasons I'm paranoid to upgrade, even if it's baseless. Turn out ok?

I've changed 3DS' twice now, from my original aqua to the Zelda edition to a blue XL and I've not had any issues with data transferring or save loss/corruption.

Niraj

I've changed 3DS' twice now, from my original aqua to the Zelda edition to a blue XL and I've not had any issues with data transferring or save loss/corruption.

I'd def do it if a decent color/bundle/whatever came out, but I'd still probably hold my breath when transferring. Hell, when I pop my SD card back in after dumping my AC pics on my computer I cross my fingers just in case. You never know.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So now begins the act of balancing two games.

My average play time for New Leaf is going to take a massive dive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom