• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Phineas came by with my 500h badge. I don't know whether to be pleased or appalled. Must he gleefully do the hours-to-days conversion math for me? I am aware.

Could always be worse...

though to be fair, with two games, you probably passed that awhile ago, no?

Could always be worse...

though to be fair, with two games, you probably passed that awhile ago, no?

Yeah, it could. Like twice as bad. :D

I passed it for real a few weeks ago but I guess a lot of it didn't qualify. I'm surprised it took him this long to show. And not even close: I average 2 minutes per day unless someone's gardening.

Koomaster

Cool, thanks. They were taking up a lot of space in storage so I'm glad I can get rid of them.
Yeah definitely sell them. November is mushroom hunting month. Every day a couple mushrooms will spring up in your town beside trees (not tree stumps). One of them will be a piece of mushroom furniture, the rest you can sell for a nice profit. There are two that are worth 10k bells each that are rare to get. One growing above ground and another (the truffle) buried beside a tree.

Anustart

16 million bells in the bank. That damn ABD machine is still so far away. And it's not practical to buy 16 million worth of turnips next week either :/

Koomaster

These animals are going to be the death of me!

tumblr_muqj8nWG5K1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

What? Why would he sell his bed? Did he make another one or did he sell the one I gave him?

tumblr_muqjb62buo1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Where? Is? Your? Bed?!

tumblr_muqja4q6jh1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

I imagined it with a bed; so no it's not pretty nice.

tumblr_muqjc4VAEh1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

You... sold your bed!

tumblr_muqjdbVq5j1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

YOU SOLD YOUR FREAKIN' BED!!!

tumblr_muqjeeMXiv1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

You think? I'm going to mail it back to you and you better put it back in your house where it belongs I swear!

Boogiepop

Pokemon distracted me to such an immense degree that I lost a few days, but I came back to find a final Fashion Check waiting for me! Now that I'm done with those and Gracie will be opening her store, there's no need to keep around clothes I don't like anymore, right?

Hooray!

Frogstep

Pokemon distracted me to such an immense degree that I lost a few days, but I came back to find a final Fashion Check waiting for me! Now that I'm done with those and Gracie will be opening her store, there's no need to keep around clothes I don't like anymore, right?

Hooray!

Only if you want quick access to outfits you like. Also, congrats!

Sagitario

I posted in the turnip thread by mistake, so I'm reposting it here:

Is it normal to stop getting streetpasses for this game once the HHS is full? There aren't any favorite house locked, so the homes should be replaced, right?
IDK if it's because everybody is playing Pokémon, but I haven't got passes for New Leaf in a while.

Also, according to the activity log, I've played this game for 47 hours.
I am THIS close to stop playing it for good. It's getting old and repetitive, the same dialogues at the same slow pace every time, while getting money to get things done is [also] taking forever. I think 47 hours means I gave it a proper chance, but I don't know... is there something else besides expanding/decorating your house and making public works?
I kinda enjoy watering flowers in bed before falling asleep because, well, it makes me sleepy, but I've stopped feeling this game (and I REALLY hate Blathers).

Elija2

Is it normal to stop getting streetpasses for this game once the HHS is full? There aren't any favorite house locked, so the homes should be replaced, right?
IDK if it's because everybody is playing Pokémon, but I haven't got passes for New Leaf in a while.

I am THIS close to stop playing it for good. It's getting old and repetitive, the same dialogues at the same slow pace every time, while getting money to get things done is [also] taking forever. I think 47 hours means I gave it a proper chance, but I don't know... is there something else besides expanding/decorating your house and making public works?
I kinda enjoy watering flowers in bed before falling asleep because, well, it makes me sleepy, but I've stopped feeling this game (and I REALLY hate Blathers).

New houses should automatically replace older ones in the HHS, so you probably just haven't Streetpassed New Leaf players in a while.

Try doing some town landscaping. Plan out some paths across your town and decorate the areas with public works proejcts. For example, I have an area of my town where I put a bunch of camping-related projects. It's out of the way and I planted cedar trees around the area to make it look like a forest. Stuff like that can give your town it's own unique charm and should keep you busy for a while. Another thing you can set out to do is collect your villagers' pictures. If you have a good enough friendship with a villager they can give you a picture of themselves and many people such as myself like to collect them. It can take a while for a villager to give up their pic but it's really rewarding when you finally get it.

You don't have to commit too much time to the game, an hour every day (or every other day) is fine. It's a game that's meant to be played all year round so it's alright (and probably recommended) if you play it at a slower pace.

Koomaster

I posted in the turnip thread by mistake, so I'm reposting it here:

Time to put the game down if you aren't having fun.

Are there any goals or anything you want to accomplish in the game? If there is no motivation, it is hard to keep playing. For most people the game probably works best to play a little bit each day and then really splurge on playing during the event days when there is something going on. But ultimately it comes down to do you like decorating your house and do you like improving the town and interacting with neighbors. If those things aren't driving you, and you aren't having fun, you should stop playing.

Overall AC isn't a game you can play to completion like GTA or Battlefield or what have you. It's a slow relaxing game that spans out over the year. Seasons change, events come and go, neighbors move (if you let them) and new ones arrive. It's all about experiencing what the game has to offer during that time.

Frogstep

Just got a SpotPass letter from Nintendo with a Shogi Piece inside.

Kinda cool I guess, but some exclusive items would of been better.

Yeah I agree with you there. I forgot I even got the thing from Nintendo and mistook it with other junk I was selling at Re-tail. Good thing it's orderable at least.

Roto13

Two new villagers. Zell (smug) built his house in a perfect spot, nestled right in the corner of a path.

waFGiQ5.jpg

Mathilda (snooty) built her house right smack dab in the middle of a major path, on top of some sweet olive bushes.

cWZysRk.jpg

Ever get the feeling personality determines house placement?

Chopper

So Katrina finally opened up on Main Street. Feels good man. Just need about 15 more visits and I can remodel the Train Station. Then my town is pretty much "done". Crazy.

So Katrina finally opened up on Main Street. Feels good man. Just need about 15 more visits and I can remodel the Train Station. Then my town is pretty much "done". Crazy.
I think I'm just past 1/4th the way there for my Train Station remodel. Given how slow the community has gotten as new title come out, I have a feeling it's going to be a while before I get it.

Niraj

I think I'm just past 1/4th the way there for my Train Station remodel. Given how slow the community has gotten as new title come out, I have a feeling it's going to be a while before I get it.

I'm guessing there will be a small influx of new players after Christmas. If upcoming events like Halloween allow people to get prizes in other towns, that can help too. Worst case, let me know sometime, I don't mind visiting and leaving over and over to get your count up.

I'm guessing there will be a small influx of new players after Christmas. If upcoming events like Halloween allow people to get prizes in other towns, that can help too. Worst case, let me know sometime, I don't mind visiting and leaving over and over to get your count up.
Thanks, that's appreciated. :)

Koomaster

Roffle we should do a visitor event for people who need the badge for visiting other towns and those who want their town visited so they can remodel the train station. :p

Chopper

Another shout out to RPG Wizard and KMD, who have stuff waiting for them outside my station. Come and get them guys. My lack of perfect town status is fucking with my hybrid yield.

Another shout out to RPG Wizard and KMD, who have stuff waiting for them outside my station. Come and get them guys. My lack of perfect town status is fucking with my hybrid yield.

If desperate you could bury them.

I have around 30 buried items around town and still have PT (last I checked).

I would have grabbed the items back but I'm trying to restrict wireless interactions so I don't lose my free villager space ^^

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
As someone who has never had PT (cos I just leave stuff lying around) and can assure you hybrids are not affected one bit.

Managed to grow pink lilies for one house and a couple of pink cosmos for another with no difficulty, all while breeding more blue roses.

I could help too. I want my visiting badges. :)

Roffle we should do a visitor event for people who need the badge for visiting other towns and those who want their town visited so they can remodel the train station. :p
I certainly wouldn't mind the help. ;P Still gotta decide what to do with those street lamps.

Man, I am running out of places to store all this fucking candy. D:
I had to make an alt just for storage. My main storage is full of clothes. The upside is now I have another house to decorate.

Niraj

I remember visiting Azure Phoenix something like 15 times in a row to help him out lol. Admittedly not the most fun thing in the world, but I didn't mind helping.

Koomaster

Speaking of storage; does anyone have the 'storage case' you could order for me?
storage-case.jpg

It's a regular item but I don't have it in my catalog and I want some for my detective agency.

Speaking of storage; does anyone have the 'storage case' you could order for me?
storage-case.jpg

It's a regular item but I don't have it in my catalog and I want some for my detective agency.

Sure, I could drop it off tomorrow after it arrives. My very first piece of storage furniture ironically.

braves01

Banned
Typical Y player. An X player's town would still be full of life.

Funny, I had Y on pre-order but went ahead and downloaded X because the hype was too strong.
I've played AC every day since getting Pokemon, but then again I haven't beaten the E4 yet either. Just got my Xerneas and finished off Team Flare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom