• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldsnap

Was convincing Beardo to move into my town a mistake?

Basement. That infamous picture is still there. Become a bit of a dumping ground.
tumblr_mutmp7osaq1svkqkfo3_400.jpg

If you don't finish that room I'm going to do finish it. For some reason the second I heard you can have a basement I instantly thought I should make the nintendo cave.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Was convincing Beardo to move into my town a mistake?

If you don't finish that room I'm going to do finish it. For some reason the second I heard you can have a basement I instantly thought I should make the nintendo cave.
I'm still up for making it, but I'd likely need a bit of help obtaining the items for it.

I'll have to go through the items I already have in the catalogue, see what items work well for it and then report back.

I may be able to get away with the need for ultra rare items like the sloppy and cardboard stuff.

bjork

Gulliver came today and I was so involved in trying to cycle him through the text that I clicked the wrong answer on the thing. I don't need a chocolate coin...

I think my only real gripe with this game, or something I could add if it were there, is an option to speed things up once you've done something x amount of times, hyper fighting mode. I don't need you to stop me and say come again, I come to your store EVERY DAY. I don't need to see the damn owls wake up and apologize. It was cute the first 50 times or so, but after almost 150 days of this... give me a patch for a new No Bullshit ordinance.

But let me still talk to Biskit and Ribbot all I want, because they're my homies.

Gulliver came today and I was so involved in trying to cycle him through the text that I clicked the wrong answer on the thing. I don't need a chocolate coin...

I think my only real gripe with this game, or something I could add if it were there, is an option to speed things up once you've done something x amount of times, hyper fighting mode. I don't need you to stop me and say come again, I come to your store EVERY DAY. I don't need to see the damn owls wake up and apologize. It was cute the first 50 times or so, but after almost 150 days of this... give me a patch for a new No Bullshit ordinance.

But let me still talk to Biskit and Ribbot all I want, because they're my homies.

I know the feeling, but I'm fine with it TBH
although mainly because I've stopped talking to Gulliver, the owls and most of the shops.

The one time it did irk me was handing in the fortune cookies during the fireworks festival. C'mon Redd, I already know what these damn cookies do and stop giving me 5 dud tickets in a row!

Linius

Retail is trolling me. Orchid Mantis is my bonus today, I haven't even caught one of these in my entire AC life :p

Anyways, Pashmina is finally leaving. Now praying BPB still has Mira in her TT town.

Can you catch them during the day? Because I have tree stumps and it's daytime for me now. If you wanna hop over?

Oh no, that's fine, but thanks for the offer : )

I'm planning to stalk my sister's town later, since she has a tree stump farm.

I think violin beetles appear during the day, but haven't checked properly (I will when I start hunting for them).

bjork

I know the feeling, but I'm fine with it TBH
although mainly because I've stopped talking to Gulliver, the owls and most of the shops.

The one time it did irk me was handing in the fortune cookies during the fireworks festival. C'mon Redd, I already know what these damn cookies do and stop giving me 5 dud tickets in a row!

I'm still going to the owl because I'm trying to make a room of nothing but fossil models, so every day I have to talk to him at least once. It's definitely better than having to mail them in or whatever it was on the GC one, but man.

I still haven't caught a violin beetle yet... got no tree stumps and don't want to ruin my town by making them : (

But you might get those design stumps. I only have one stump but it's a triforce, kinda felt like I had to leave it there when it appeared.

But you might get those design stumps. I only have one stump but it's a triforce, kinda felt like I had to leave it there when it appeared.

Yeah, that's true.

At the moment I just can't seem to fit them anywhere in my town and I'm not *too* interested in the patterns. Best place I can think of is near my campsite, but it's kind of busy there...

Koomaster

It's definitely better than having to mail them in or whatever it was on the GC one, but man.
Oh yeah I remember that now, the Faraway Museum. Thank God Blather's finally got certified in fossil identification. I didn't like having to send off fossils in the mail and wait for the next day for them to come back.

I should probably go back and check on my GC town one day just to see how far the game has come since then. I remember that as much as I complain about not having enough space today, it was worse back then. I think storage items only held like 6 objects. So if you wanted to store more you would have to put another storage item in your house. I think my basement had like 10 ranch dressers or something. :p
Yeah, that's true.

At the moment I just can't seem to fit them anywhere in my town and I'm not *too* interested in the patterns. Best place I can think of is near my campsite, but it's kind of busy there...
Why not just create a stump temporarily someplace. Chop down a few fruit trees till you catch the violin beetle and then replant afterwards.

Oh man, that sounds painful.

Guess I should appreciate the storage space a bit more in this game...

Why not just create a stump temporarily someplace. Chop down a few fruit trees till you catch the violin beetle and then replant afterwards.

Shh... I'm a weird sort of perfectionist. All of my trees are "perfectly arranged" in my town and I'm lazy to destroy one and wait for it to regrow.

Well, the main reason is that I haven't seriously played in my own town for a while... been busy acting as guardian for my sister's town.

I went ahead and built my street lamps flanking my park clock at the entrance to mini main street. Looks kinda weird with a gap between them and the bushes, but I dunno. Thought it was still a be neat look.

Still agonizing over campsite placement. :/ That I can't tear it down if I grow to dislike it is making it a hard decision. And some choice spots might be better suited for cooler projects like the windmill or lighthouse that I finally got suggested.

Koomaster

I went ahead and built my street lamps flanking my park clock at the entrance to mini main street. Looks kinda weird with a gap between them and the bushes, but I dunno. Thought it was still a be neat look.

Still agonizing over campsite placement. :/ That I can't tear it down if I grow to dislike it is making it a hard decision. And some choice spots might be better suited for cooler projects like the windmill or lighthouse that I finally got suggested.
There is nothing saying you have to build the campsite project. For like 80% of the time it's vacant anyway. Build other stuff you want first and then come back to the campsite if it's something you still want.

Strider

AC Gaf!

So far I have Apples, Cherries, and Oranges, but I'm still looking for Peaches and Pears.

Would anyone here be willing to exchange friend codes and sell me a Peach and a Pear?

bjork

AC Gaf!

So far I have Apples, Cherries, and Oranges, but I'm still looking for Peaches and Pears.

Would anyone here be willing to exchange friend codes and sell me a Peach and a Pear?

I need cherries and oranges, open your gates and let's do this.

1993-6941-5963

edit- speedrunning the trade scene is my specialty! quick and easy :)

Yes, almost everything catalogued that is catalogueable in the game. :D Some winter ables stuff missing (got everything of the Gracies clothing catalogued), but maybe I could have those tomorrow. :) And then the NYR dlc, so that is the waiting game till they are released... So, yay me. :D

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yes, almost everything catalogued that is catalogueable in the game. :D Some winter ables stuff missing (got everything of the Gracies clothing catalogued), but maybe I could have those tomorrow. :) And then the NYR dlc, so that is the waiting game till they are released... So, yay me. :D

So do you not need that red cap anymore?

Wolfe, if you're around, please stop by and talk to Canberra as soon as you can. Town is Avalon.

Edit: had to head out, sorry. :/ if you're around later I can open up.

You know, this is supposed to be a relaxing game. I'm starting to worry about what it's doing to you though.
I JUST CAN'T STOP FEELING SO MANY THINGS WHEN I PLAY. *sobs*

Frogstep

Booo hissss! No villager pic from Lily for those sigs, got a sweet shopping cart though. Reset a few times but wasn't taking. There will be more chances anyway.

Wolfe

Sorry ab, was having trouble with the password change thing the site is doing to everyone right now (still can't change mine yet) and it's not giving me much chance to post. I'm here now and can stop by whenever.

Roughly four months and nearly 400 hours and I finally got my first villager pic (Celia). Haven't tried that hard, but it's nice to finally get one. Now if a damn blue rose would show up one day...

mantidor

So I finally got tired of Tumblr not working on the 3ds and just downloaded all my pics directly to the PC, I have lots to show! but first:

tumblr_muwggpfv7X1qfl0wmo1_400.jpg

My Fireflower garden is complete! those orange tulips were a pain to get, and once I got them all they started breeding like crazy -_-, I have four extras now.

But I have a question, I want to Katt out of the town since I already got her picture, and I want to rotate characters, but it would kill me if the new villager just screws my fireflower, I did put that badly drawn "do not step" sign, would that be enough to avoid a new villager putting a house there? The Fireflower is also right next to the central plaza.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Roughly four months and nearly 400 hours and I finally got my first villager pic (Celia). Haven't tried that hard, but it's nice to finally get one. Now if a damn blue rose would show up one day...

Nice one :)

So I finally got tired of Tumblr not working on the 3ds and just downloaded all my pics directly to the PC, I have lots to show! but first:

tumblr_muwggpfv7X1qfl0wmo1_400.jpg

My Fireflower garden is complete! those orange tulips were a pain to get, and once I got them all they started breeding like crazy -_-, I have four extras now.

But I have a question, I want to Katt out of the town since I already got her picture, and I want to rotate characters, but it would kill me if the new villager just screws my fireflower, I did put that badly drawn "do not step" sign, would that be enough to avoid a new villager putting a house there? The Fireflower is also right next to the central plaza.

That's pretty cool! I would recommend looking into the alt reset trick in the OP to help you out with that. Basically you just start a new character to see where a new villager's house will be, then plant a house down if you're satisfied, save and quit, delete the character and load your main file. If you're not satisfied, you just press home, then close out without saving and start again with an alt until you are satisfied.

Wolfe

One of these days I'm going to make some dang paths.

Also one of these days (I hope) Wendy and Merengue will want to move out, they're awful and have been in my town since day one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom