• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
They only show up on white flowers, so if you have a lot (like I do) they are more common. I usually see at least 1 per day.

Ow, I didn't know they only show up on certain colors of flowers. Got lucky I guess for that too...

And I kind of hope that I get a nice turnips price in Retail this week. Not that I have any turnips to sell, but it would add a lot of visitors to my town at once. :) (the tips would be nice too, of course :p)

Oh, and the Gulliver stuff is layed out at my station, so if I have some time this evening, I could open for the first visitors of the catalogue party. :)

Edit: random note, but this post makes my total posts to 666. :)

And I kind of hope that I get a nice turnips price in Retail this week. Not that I have any turnips to sell, but it would add a lot of visitors to my town at once. :) (the tips would be nice too, of course :p)
Yeah, I wish I could get some decent turnip prices for once. I don't bother with them any more but I need another 38 visitors for the train station upgrade and turnip visitors would certainly help. 3 weeks in a row on the random pattern though :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, I wish I could get some decent turnip prices for once. I don't bother with them any more but I need another 38 visitors for the train station upgrade and turnip visitors would certainly help. 3 weeks in a row on the random pattern though :(
That's why I thought I'd give you a visit anyway. Every little helps. I need about 25 more myself.

Philia

Hawt late night Philia visits are the best. :D

<333333333 Resorting gardens even at 2 am is MY THING. :3

Just a heads up, My Re-Tail is buying Perfect Peaches for a premium today. I don't have the Bell Boom ordinance.

EDIT: Should note I'm not available until about 16:30 GMT+1

Nice. Too bad I don't have a lot.

I've been stocking up, but I'm gonna wait for Bell Boom to cash in. Philia might well be up for it though. Her and her 134 perfect peach trees.

LOL chopper. That was over 3 weeks ago. Those trees are long gone lol. I've just begun to get them all back now. :3 I've been reserving the empty lots to make scorpion hunts to be easier, and it finally paid off just two night ago. :)

---------

I got hybrids from gardens I've watered but NOT THE HYBRIDS I WANT. :\ Damn it. Orange tulip, orange cosmos, a red rose from the reds+ and ditto with red pansy. :\

My TIY special is a throne. Its not open yet, but I got its notice about their special item of the day on my bulletin board.

Gracie's in town! She's calling for Basic, and my fortune item of the day is tank dress. Basic tank dress I don't have. I'll be sure to get them basic items in my shops or someone's shops before ordering the damn things that'll show up at 5pm.

Koren

LOL chopper. That was over 3 weeks ago. Those trees are long gone lol. I've just begun to get them all back now. :3 I've been reserving the empty lots to make scorpion hunts to be easier, and it finally paid off just two night ago. :)
I'll probably do the same soon. I was "lucky" enough yesterday to see three scorpions (my first three) and all of them commited suicide.

I got hybrids from gardens I've watered but NOT THE HYBRIDS I WANT. :\ Damn it. Orange tulip, orange cosmos, a red rose from the reds+ and ditto with red pansy. :\
I'm feeling better if even you are getting the "wrong" hybrids from time to time ^_^

Linius

I've been stocking up, but I'm gonna wait for Bell Boom to cash in. Philia might well be up for it though. Her and her 134 perfect peach trees.

That takes some serious patience dude. I always cash in at 6000 per fruit.

This is my first time selling so they've been piling up. My poor, meager bank account is going to just about double. :3

Aha, well good on you then. I guess you don't play the stalk market? :p

Linius

Nah, not anymore. I don't want to cart around all those turnips and risk not being able to sell them. My house has been fully paid off for awhile so anything I make now is just savings and PWP funding.

I wish I could do the same. But my OCD is kicking in when it comes to those postoffice goodies and that golden badge :(

Yeah, looks like I also have Katie today. So if someone wants her this evening...

Got the third gyroid from the caffee, so one to go before I finish that job too. :)

I thinks that this also will be the last week I have to visit Dr. Shrunk for the completion of Emoticons.

But after that, there's still a lot of stuff to do...

Also got kiddie exterior for my house for the theme challenge, so that another thing done. :)

Do you guys bother with the money/ore rocks and furniture that falls out of the trees?

Still got furniture out of trees that I didn't have, so I keep doing that for now.

Rocks too, but only for gold ore. I don't bother anymore with the money ones.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Do you guys bother with the money/ore rocks and furniture that falls out of the trees?
Don't really bother with trees much. Maybe at the end of the day as one last task (as it really doesn't matter if I get stung or not).

Kind of stopped with the rocks too since a lot of mine next to my paths.

Linius

I care about the rocks, might get golden ores out of it. But for the money I don't have to do it. As for trees shaking, nope. I sometimes had a visitor who did that and came to me to bring the furniture. But it's worthless mostly so I just let him have it :p

Do you guys bother with the money/ore rocks and furniture that falls out of the trees?.
No to both. The furniture isn't worth the effort (or bee stings) and all of my rocks are surrounded by flowers and paths so I have to move loads of stuff each I want to hit one. I've also got waaaaaaaay too much unused ore clogging up all my storage (hence why I'm ditching half of it today)

Sure. I'm 1590-4796-0038.
Added and gates are open.

Chopper

That takes some serious patience dude. I always cash in at 6000 per fruit.
You may be right. I'm not sure Bell Boom is a particularly popular ordinance. Perhaps I'll pay BGBW a visit a bit later.

Got a red from my red*. I just stuck it straight back into the mix. It can't be any less powerful, can it...

Also got two red* pansies from my red x blues, so purple can't be too far away, can it?!

Animekatt

No to both. The furniture isn't worth the effort (or bee stings) and all of my rocks are surrounded by flowers and paths so I have to move loads of stuff each I want to hit one. I've also got waaaaaaaay too much unused ore clogging up all my storage (hence why I'm ditching half of it today)

Added and gates are open.

Mind if I can join in on the cataloging? :D

Also do you harvest your trees a lot?

Because well, I don't... I think I could have a lot of money if I would have done that from the beginning... Only if someone asks for fruit, I harvest a tree...

Oh, well, a lot of trees will be cut anyway, way too much trees...

Gold ore too? :p

Philia

Yall know that you only need 2 trees (non fruit or cedars) for furniture right? I had 7 for a very long ass time and they always yielded 2 furniture for me, no matter what. Seriously, once you get that gold can, alot of these trees got no purpose.

zigg

Grats! And yes it does. I love how they thought to make the animation special for the thing, but having the normal movement plus watering multiple flowers would've been fine for me too.
I really appreciate the alt animation particularly since the silver can's animation and watering pattern pretty much made no sense whatsoever. :lol

But speeding up the animation would have been nice too.

I found that if you stand here
BQ51ICLCAAAp5Tz.jpg

you can get
XXX
XXX
XXX
flowers all watered if you water them with the gold can. Thats two more flowers than normal.

BQ51Q08CEAEuidj.jpg

zigg

I was carrying an axe and I saw Walker and went up to talk to him and because he decided at that moment to pull out his net I hit him with the axe instead. It was amusing.

I guess you had to be there.

Yall know that you only need 2 trees (non fruit or cedars) for furniture right? I had 7 for a very long ass time and they always yielded 2 furniture for me, no matter what. Seriously, once you get that gold can, alot of these trees got no purpose.

Well, guess I know what to do. Farm silver axes from the island and starting to cut those up. :)

But you don't get bees either? Furniture is prior on bees? Not that I care about those bees, I already got them donated in the museum and they are not worth much anyway...

Edit: playing two months, but still a lot to learn. :) I love this community. :)

zigg

They only show up on white flowers
You know, I hadn't given much thought to this.

What color flowers (and species?) should I maintain to insure I don't kill my bug chances?

And following up to this,

- Do not-currently-fruiting fruit trees have furniture in them?

- Wasn't there something about how non-fruit trees were useful for acorns?

What color flowers (and species?) should I maintain to insure I don't kill my bug chances?

According to the guide so take this with a grain of salt:

Peacock Butterfly - Purple/Black/Blue
Tiger Butterfly - Red/Pink
Orchid Mantis - White

No. Only non-fruit trees have stuff in them: furniture, bees, bells.

Philia

Well, guess I know what to do. Farm silver axes from the island and starting to cut those up. :)

But you don't get bees either? Furniture is prior on bees? Not that I care about those bees, I already got them donated in the museum and they are not worth much anyway...

Furniture is first priority, yes. Bees do sell for 2,500 bells though.

There's no acorns in this game. What you're probably thinking of is the Cherry Blossoms when they turn pink in spring.

animal-crossing-sakura-004.jpg

Fruit trees have never furniture in them, even if they don't have fruit in them. That's I hate them sometimes, if you harvest them, you can't tell the difference (or can you?) and you keep shaking the same damn trees. :(

I don't know of any acorns. Are they in New Leaf? I see nothing about them...

Furniture is first priority, yes. Bees do sell for 2,500 bells though.

Not worth the hassle. :p If they were 10.000 each, well..., no, not even then... :)

And there I was, each day shaking the damn trees, while I could have it easier...

How much trees you can cut with silver axes? Although I should have almost the golden axe... (I hope...)

Those are really nice. :)

:3

Fruit trees have never furniture in them, even if they don't have fruit in them. That's I hate them sometimes, if you harvest them, you can't tell the difference (or can you?) and you keep shaking the same damn trees. :(

Not this time of year. Earlier in the season, non-fruit trees had lighter colored leaves. If you don't know where each are planted, you can use cedars as your non-fruit trees.

Argh, why did that have to error. Philia, did you keep the stuff you bought? Also let me know if you want me to grab the basic shirt, pants and shoes out of the museum to borrow.

I've added you Katt, and I'm opening the gates back up again.

Argh, why did that have to error. Philia, did you keep the stuff you bought? Also let me know if you want me to grab the basic shirt, pants and shoes out of the museum to borrow.

I've added you Katt, and I'm opening the gates back up again.

Argh. I hope I kept what I catalogued, but no big deal either way. Thank you so much for letting me finish this petition and drop off Katie, Azure Phoenix!

UberTag

Your towns are all so beautiful.
I'll do my part to balance out the beautiful towns (and, holy crap, is Azure Phoenix' town a work of art) once I open up for cataloging later this week.

My village is nothing but clumps of dirt where grass used to be.
It's claims to fame being that I have Katrina on Main Street and a geyser that spouts brightly lit water even in the dead of night.

On the flip side, I have amazing villagers. They counteract some of the ugly by being awesome.

Animekatt

Picture time!

I went to Farun's town, since he had his fireworks show 6 hours ahead of mine. He had a Japanese copy of the game, so I've decided to dress up for the occasion.
jQipAhI6WnSmy.jpg

When we first got our bobbers:
jh8ygqS3OoUeS.jpg

I've always liked Carlos, but after wearing THOSE CLOTHES... I'm not sure anymore:
jKtCMEOhBZcYb.jpg

With Keoni and Carlos
jVf6MYyZ8hJ5C.jpg

Didn't get a good pic of Niraj's Tree firework. But that's ok, it was a bad firework anyways:
j9JcsHjry3h8w.jpg

As per Philia's request, she wanted me to update on the number of hybrids I got after her flower consultation.

So I got one new purple rose and one new orange rose.

Philia

And I've passed Gracie's first fashion check thanks to Azure's basic clothes I've borrowed! :3 I also bought brown glasses and brown socks that he can use with it. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom