• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll do my part to balance out the beautiful towns (and, holy crap, is Azure Phoenix' town a work of art) once I open up for cataloging later this week.

My village is nothing but clumps of dirt where grass used to be.
It's claims to fame being that I have Katrina on Main Street and a geyser that spouts brightly lit water even in the dead of night.

On the flip side, I have amazing villagers. They counteract some of the ugly by being awesome.
Haha, I don't have anything that redeems my town. I place flowers and trees randomly throughout my town, and I don't have many flowers to start. And I'd build more Public Work Projects, but I'm pretty bad with the placement. The neighbors haven't really suggested anything, either.

Oh, and I'm also bad with furnishing my home. I tend to just place interesting objects along the edges of each room rather than making it actually look like a home with chairs, tables, and the like.

Koren

I wish I could do the same. But my OCD is kicking in when it comes to those postoffice goodies and that golden badge :(
100 million is an awful lot, though, especially since I'll NEVER get all the golden badges (streetpass, for example, is probably impossible). Does the postoffice goodies really worth my time?

Do you guys bother with the money/ore rocks and furniture that falls out of the trees?
I try to hit the couple of permanent rocks *not* surrounded by flowers, and the new one.

As for the trees, I've reduced their numbers to a cedar grove on the river bank, a line of normal trees in front of the plaza (for the cherry blossom and the Xmas trees), and 3-4 normal trees around the city for the same reason. I'm shaking them from time to time, but probably not each day.

Rocks too, but only for gold ore. I don't bother anymore with the money ones.
The problem is that the most efficient one for the ore is the money one when your luck is high...

You may be right. I'm not sure Bell Boom is a particularly popular ordinance.
I agree. Many of us were on Bell boom at the beginning of the game, but with stalk market, it's mostly increasing most of the prices and especially the island prices, so I don't think many of us still use it.

Yall know that you only need 2 trees (non fruit or cedars) for furniture right?
I've seen this question discussed, but not a definitive answer. Good to know...

Seriously, once you get that gold can, alot of these trees got no purpose.
I don't think a lot of things in Animal Crossing got real purposes ^_^

I like having trees everywhere outside of paths and a couple of flower patches. It's really "Animal *Forest*" (Dobutsu no *mori*) for me... The only problem with that is the scorpion hunt, it's awfully difficult now, and I'm reluctant to get rid of half my "forest" to get one.

Chopper

Nope, but I was thinking of Wild World. You had to bring acorns to Tortimer in an acorn mask, and they appeared on standard trees.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Acorn_Festival

So I guess they haven't carried that forward at all.
This a huge relief.

don't think a lot of things in Animal Crossing got real purposes ^_^

I like having trees everywhere outside of paths and a couple of flower patches. It's really "Animal *Forest*" (Dobutsu no *mori*) for me.
Yes! Good lad. A few people here are forgetting their....*ahem*... roots. Without trees, towns can look so barren.

Yes! Good lad. A few people here are forgetting their....*ahem*... roots. Without trees, towns can look so barren.

I have a hard time finding villagers in some parts of my town through all the trees. :3 But many of them still need to be cleaned up and rearranged. Forever a stump maker.

I visited your dream town a little while ago, Chopper, and I loved the arrangements of your trees. Especially the design the peach trees made.

Chopper

I have a hard time finding villagers in some parts of my town through all the trees. :3 But many of them still need to be cleaned up and rearranged. Forever a stump maker.

I visited your dream town a little while ago, Chopper, and I loved the arrangements of your trees. Especially the design the peach trees made.
Cheers. Yeah, I consider trees to be an integral part of Animal Crossing. They're just so good at dictating pathways without limiting your movements too much. I'm happy with my paths and my layout generally, but I need to adjust how much space I dedicate to certain fruits. A job best saved a few days, for when I've got my golden axe. Can't be long now.

Isn't it also easier to find the villagers in the hide and seek game if you don't have a lot of trees? Not that it is hard anyway... Do you still get that game if you haven't a lot of trees? I know they also hide behind buildings and PWP's, so I guess that will be the case then.

Well, I hope on getting my golden axe this week...

Also, a bit of a special request maybe, but could someone New Leaf my avatar? :) The New Leaf picture on the place of the fist would be nice. :)

SeZMehK

I had my first Gracie check this morning. The theme that she was asking for is........ornate! She picked the hardest one. Luckily I had the royal crown and a noble shirt. That was enough to pass her stupid test. :/ One down, three to go.

mtlam

Does anyone want tickets from the fireworks show? I have a few extras and am giving them away.

Looking for stegosaurus torso and Archelon tail if anyone does have it.

Chopper

Isn't it also easier to find the villagers in the hide and seek game if you don't have a lot of trees? Not that it is hard anyway... Do you still get that game if you haven't a lot of trees? I know they also hide behind buildings and PWP's, so I guess that will be the case then.

Well, I hope on getting my golden axe this week...
It depends how comprehensive your town is and how well you know it. I find hide and seek pretty easy cos my town has clear pathways and is easy to navigate.

Philia

Man I feel so sorry for you Niraj. Colton had once again sold me a painting for free lol because as he says "The price was, er, a little high. Now I feel awful, so take it. Don't mention it to anyone, OK?" ;)

Animekatt

Man I feel so sorry for you Niraj. Colton had once again sold me a painting for free lol because as he says "The price was, er, a little high. Now I feel awful, so take it. Don't mention it to anyone, OK?" ;)

How many paintings have you gotten from him so far? He gave me 2 yesterday; a real and a fake. At least he gave me the fake for free, like he just did for you.

Philia

How many paintings have you gotten from him so far? He gave me 2 yesterday; a real and a fake. At least he gave me the fake for free, like he just did for you.

This would be my fourth one from him. I think the last two were fakes. AND YESSSSSSSS, this fourth one is LEGIT, the one I need! :3

EDIT: He just now sold me another (not for free of course)! LOL, lets see if this famous painting legit. :3

EDITX2: YEP, LEGIT! :D

Who wants a famous painting!

Wolfe

Rodney seems to be much more giving in the painting department compared to Ken, most have been legit so far which has been nice.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Picture time!

I went to Farun's town, since he had his fireworks show 6 hours ahead of mine. He had a Japanese copy of the game, so I've decided to dress up for the occasion.
jQipAhI6WnSmy.jpg

When we first got our bobbers:
jh8ygqS3OoUeS.jpg

I've always liked Carlos, but after wearing THOSE CLOTHES... I'm not sure anymore:
jKtCMEOhBZcYb.jpg

With Keoni and Carlos
jVf6MYyZ8hJ5C.jpg

Didn't get a good pic of Niraj's Tree firework. But that's ok, it was a bad firework anyways:
j9JcsHjry3h8w.jpg

Carlos is that dude. #teamtree

And don't worry, I sent many of you a swapnote so you can keep that shit forever.

Eh it's fine. Quantity after all.

Although perhaps we ought to mention that in the art trick section of the OP?

Philia

Although perhaps we ought to mention that in the art trick section of the OP?

Its in there. :) I'm very thankful that we have another good alternative to Redd. Because seriously... even though he's not a weekly visitor anymore, the odds is too high for him to bring by DUPES you already got. :\ I'm glad I got bulk of the statues out of the way at the very beginning.

Niraj

Its in there. :) I'm very thankful that we have another good alternative to Redd. Because seriously... even though he's not a weekly visitor anymore, the odds is too high for him to bring by DUPES you already got. : I'm glad I got bulk of the statues out of the way at the very beginning.

Well, I guess I could see that applying to both, but I was just talking about Cranky villagers actually lol. I guess my poor grammar in this instance worked out lol.

Wish I had more statues :p on the plus side, I suppose I'll likely be able to gift whatever paintings I'll likely get from Redd, so good for you guys!

Ps Linius, still have that nice painting for you...

Animekatt

Its in there. :) I'm very thankful that we have another good alternative to Redd. Because seriously... even though he's not a weekly visitor anymore, the odds is too high for him to bring by DUPES you already got. :\ I'm glad I got bulk of the statues out of the way at the very beginning.

Thank God there's only 8 statues to begin with. I only have 2 myself though.

Today's NPC is Gulliver. I'm hoping Gracie graces my town with her presence this week... :{

Spent some time looking around Azure Phoenix's amazing (!!!) town this morning and encountered the one and only nightshade mistress herself for some scintillating conversation. <3

tumblr_mr29htqHHe1qa25kqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mr29htqHHe1qa25kqo2_400.jpg

Philia

Thank God there's only 8 statues to begin with. I only have 2 myself though.

Today's NPC is Gulliver. I'm hoping Gracie graces my town with her presence this week... :{

Famous painting is reserved for you Katt. :3 Hope you remind me when you get off from work to get it. :3

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I always write my Paula with implications that she's a famous thief who can acquire anything... And so far she's sold me 2 paintings. Now I wonder who she's getting these paintings from.

Right. Apparently I need to see Azure's town. You got a dream address dude?

Afraid not. My town still needs quite a bit more work (and the house isn't even started) so I don't want to get a dream address until I'm happy with it. Surprised everyone has liked it so much since I can still see tons of areas that are unfinished.

Greymanic

Neo Member
Probably a dumb question but where exactly are donations taken for the Dream Suite? I started the project days ago and I haven't been able to find it at all.

Just to check, you can store fruit for an indefinite amount of time in storage without it going bad, right?

Going to start the process of laying down paths and moving my fruit trees in the next few days or so, but I wanted to make sure I wouldn't lose my fruit I've gathered over the past month in doing so.

Probably a dumb question but where exactly are donations taken for the Dream Suite? I started the project days ago and I haven't been able to find it at all.

Train station, IIRC.

Lol at Philia and Despera's replies to my swapnote =P I've got a trash can and by doing that mess I got over 70,000 HHA point lmao XD
Just to check, you can store fruit for an indefinite amount of time in storage without it going bad, right?

Going to start the process of laying down paths and moving my fruit trees in the next few days or so, but I wanted to make sure I wouldn't lose my fruit I've gathered over the past month in doing so.
Yes, only rotton fruit I've ever gotton is when the perfect fruit trees basically died.

Krelian

I don't have the Dream Suite yet but the museum renovation's gyroid was inside the train station, so I'd look there.

Animekatt

Vesta is all packed up, and ready to leave today. I hate to see her go, but truthfully, she was so boring. And she brainwashed almost everyone into saying "Baaffo" as their catchphrase... >.>

I will be starting my camper reset trick tomorrow. I'm hoping for Fauna, but any other cool villager is welcome.

Wee's town looking like Disney World (in a good way!)
PpI9kdE.jpg

neither of us were going to get up
UIxc8U9.jpg

showing off the haircut and last night's catch
E7XQ3eS.jpg

my illuminated heart & Eugene's house
fSxduBp.jpg

watering can wars with GenericBadGuy
good luck, brother. you'll be missed
RSNKaXc.jpg

with everyone else going Zen, I had to do it
6Lk7WPV.jpg

missed you, man!
XBnWnIm.jpg

lessons from Professor Rockwell (& tutoring after class)
r4DA2CT.jpg
LQfXv4C.jpg

I'm coming for you, Nook . . .
OedyRx6.jpg

tbfBfPv.jpg

the solitary bird seeks not for company . . .
ys2WpwQ.jpg

I will be starting my camper reset trick tomorrow. I'm hoping for Fauna, but any other cool villager is welcome.

Good luck! I tried resetting my campsite for three days...for Fauna...and got one camper. A little green mouse. It's been a needle in the haystack just trying to get a camper let alone one that I actually want. Eventually I get sick of Rover's face and quit.

Niraj

Vesta is all packed up, and ready to leave today. I hate to see her go, but truthfully, she was so boring. And she brainwashed almost everyone into saying "Baaffo" as their catchphrase... >.>

I will greet you with "Baaffo" from now on to make you feel better <3

watering can wars with GenericBadGuy
good luck, brother. you'll be missed
RSNKaXc.jpg

tbfBfPv.jpg

I felt a bit sad during the fireworks stuff because it reminded me of hanging out with him during his fireworks show. Hope he's keeping safe.

And damn, sweet fireworks right there.

In other news, I have Tex as a camper today. He's a chill looking smug penguin that listens to K.K. metal. rpmurphy has him in his town, and he's pretty sweet, but I'm probably going to pass.

Haha, I don't have anything that redeems my town. I place flowers and trees randomly throughout my town, and I don't have many flowers to start. And I'd build more Public Work Projects, but I'm pretty bad with the placement. The neighbors haven't really suggested anything, either.

Oh, and I'm also bad with furnishing my home. I tend to just place interesting objects along the edges of each room rather than making it actually look like a home with chairs, tables, and the like.

My town is an unplanned mess but I'm from Boston so I justify it as an homage to my hometown :)

Linius

red + white...

Like most of us, you're out of luck without trading till next year.

We'll just wait for Mich to breed more. Then can start his white carnation rental service.

Oh and my town is pretty much a mess too. It's a lot of hybrid flower beds. Some carefully planned PWPs and a small orchard for perfect fruit. The rest? Dirt and grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom