• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koren

Can someone tell me what a red* rose is? I know it has to do with parent genes, right?
It's a red rose you get from breeding a orange rose with a purple rose.

Roses you breed still retain some of their parents genes (we don't know yet exactly how it works), and apparently, you need specific genes to get a blue rose from red ones.

I'm still wondering if a red obtained by breeding a red* with a red* (can this happen?) is a red* or a red...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm still wondering if a red obtained by breeding a red* with a red* (can this happen?) is a red* or a red...
Yes you can get reds from red+ x red+ and I sure hope they count as red+ because I've mixed them up.

Linius

Can I get black roses from normal red roses btw? Created an extra field with normal reds just because. Does it spawn anything really? :p

ramyeon

Is rarity/aesthetics the only reason black roses and others are so desirable or are they worth bells?
Pretty much aesthetics for me. Although it's something to do to pass the time as well, and it's kind of fun booting up every morning to see the fruits of labour.

That said some people include rare hybrids in trades and stuff too.

Animekatt

Sparklers, Roman candles, and fountain fireworks work. I think the first two look like brown bags. Make sure they are on a table though.

Ah, good to know. Can you have a lot of them in one room? I want to reach 150k for the badge, and be done with it all.

Edit: Booo, Philia got kicked out of my town, when I try to open the gates again, it says the online is under maintenance...

WonderPup

I'm looking to catalogue a Rococo wall, table, chair, and shelf if anyone has the time/inclination. I'll give you an Ultra Machine, miniature car, or Ten Billion Barrel from last night's event (or all three if you want -- I'm not collecting them or anything).

My FC is in my profile.

Philia

Congrats Mich! Glad to see you kept at it! :) And yeah... that's... with some TTing I bet. A very long ass time I bet for it to happen.

And yes, that's a LOT of reds+ too. :(

EDIT: Oh I see, damn online maintenance. No worries, I only have your useless tulips on me lol (whites and yellows).

braves01

Banned
Okay, just curious because I have a single black rose which I discovered by accident thinking it was just dead roses.

Pearls before swine I guess

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Got to koala's catting party real quick, that was nice ^^

Oi Niraj, I suppose you still got a nice painting hanging for me? Try to pick it up tomorrow. Was a long day at work. Try to catch up with Dexter before my visit too, food for talk :p

No hurry. I still need to watch that POS too :p haven't heard anything postive about it, so should be a good one :p

Philia

Now that we got blue roses and purple tulips... we're now waiting on the magical purple pansy!

HNI_0004_22.jpg

They're rare because you need to get bluesxreds = reds+ into a bed together.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What is the point of the ATM on the island? If they removed that you wouldn't have that annoying robbery problem I faced the other day.

Jak140

Ah, good to know. Can you have a lot of them in one room? I want to reach 150k for the badge, and be done with it all.

Edit: Booo, Philia got kicked out of my town, when I try to open the gates again, it says the online is under maintenance...

I'm not sure if multiples of the same item will work, but you should get 7777 points for each unique lucky item.

This is the full list for August:

brown cicada
robust cicada
giant cicada
walker cicada
evening cicada
cicada skin
giant snakehead
sweetfish
napoleonfish
Sparklers
Roman candles
Fountain fireworks

zigg

I'm unsure, but I've been collecting the red offspring in a separate area just in case they do something interesting.

In other news, I made a cool stained glass at Re-Tail!

(Yeah, I'm not a girl anymore. Decided to switch back. I did make an awesome dress before I went though!)

So, any PWP contributes to your town rating right? Even lampposts? I feel like I've built so many already, but I still don't have a perfect town. :/

Animekatt

I'm unsure, but I've been collecting the red offspring in a separate area just in case they do something interesting.

(Yeah, I'm not a girl anymore. Decided to switch back. I did make an awesome dress before I went though!)

Wryyyyyyy

MicH

Beautiful

zigg

So, any PWP contributes to your town rating right? Even lampposts? I feel like I've built so many already, but I still don't have a perfect town. :/
Some PWPs can work to your perfect town detriment. Electricity, things that evoke garbage, that sort of thing. I got my PT by planting plenty of trees and flowers and doing mostly pleasant park-y PWPs.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Wryyyyyyy
Had no idea Dio Brando was opposed to trees.

Talking of Dio Brando, I kind of wanted to use the roadroller item in some way as tribute to him, but I couldn't really thing of a good way to do it outside of that one item.

Some PWPs can work to your perfect town detriment. Electricity, things that evoke garbage, that sort of thing. I got my PT by planting plenty of trees and flowers and doing mostly pleasant park-y PWPs.
I haven't built any of the "bad" ones (oil rigs, electric signs, etc.) it's almost all zen/nature type ones.

I just want to get this perfect town over with, then I can really start making my town my own.

Linius

Now that we got blue roses and purple tulips... we're now waiting on the magical purple pansy!

HNI_0004_22.jpg

Purple pansie comes from red+ X red+?

Gonna throw in my blue and red pansies to make these.

Animekatt

Had no idea Dio Brando was opposed to trees.

Talking of Dio Brando, I kind of wanted to use the roadroller item in some way as tribute to him, but I couldn't really thing of a good way to do it outside of that one item.

I had to look him up lol. He is now opposed to the ACNL default tree design.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Jacknicholsonnodding.gif

MicH

HNI_0004_22.jpg

I want to do some experimenting with this and the purple tulip. What is the tulip? Orange x orange?

LadyRiven

My zipper pouch and lanyard from Rosewine came in the mail the other day. I'm really impressed with how vibrant the colors are. They're so pretty I'm reluctant to use them! ;u;

V9y04xr.jpg

PbRI0Ik.jpg

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...

Oh! I'm pretty sure the little blue&red bed you made next to my house made a red+ It was there first thing when I woke up this morning. Do the animals plant things while you're not playing?

Philia

I want to do some experimenting with this and the purple tulip. What is the tulip? Orange x orange?

Supposedly so far. :\ I happen to get my purple from a purple x black cross. I know, its quite... confounding.

Oh! I'm pretty sure the little blue&red bed you made next to my house made a red+ It was there first thing when I woke up this morning. Do the animals plant things while you're not playing?

Yes. That's why you need to get up just before 6 am to make fucking SURE that everything is pristine without contamination. You could place them at the beach if you need to.

Chopper

Yes. Or at least, whilst you're DS is closed and whilst you're in buildings!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I want to be breeding reds and blues eh. Well I have quite a few blue pansies so I guess I can help with the purple pansy cause even if I'm really only after blue roses.

My zipper pouch and lanyard from Rosewine came in the mail the other day. I'm really impressed with how vibrant the colors are. They're so pretty I'm reluctant to use them! ;u;

V9y04xr.jpg

PbRI0Ik.jpg
Those are lovely. Nintendo really needs to step it up on the official AC merch. It would sell like crazy.

*dreams of character trading figurines*

Koren

Sh***, after doing the first round trip around the town counting the spaces, I have a 1 space error... When I did this in City folk, I was planning the trees, not the PWP, so I could more easily use holes and pattern. Doing this in a grove is more tricky.

I *really* hope it worth the time (pretty sure it does if I can control the place where new villagers settle)

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Yes. That's why you need to get up just before 6 am to make fucking SURE that everything is pristine without contamination. You could place them at the beach if you need to.

I'm usually up at 6 because of work, but it's my day off so I went to bed early. I guess they coulda planted one while I slept. But it wasn't there when I went to bed. I did move it to the beach, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom