• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was doing well with the red* roses on my beach until I watched Al plant a red rose right in the middle of them.

So I went back to tending my trees.

Your pictures look great, MicH. :)

MicH

Awesome. Thanks for doing this by TTing and confirming. Its frustrating waiting for so long too.
Yeah, I was very close to giving up on the red* roses so I'm very happy that I was able to confirm it.

Now let's see if I'm just as lucky with the tulips :p

Philia

I thought I was doing well with the red* roses on my beach until I watched Al plant a red rose right in the middle of them.

So I went back to tending my trees.

Your pictures look great, MicH. :)

My condolences. :\ This is why I get up before 6 am at least. My only villager that gets up that early is Caroline and she doesn't plop like crazy like the others do.

Koren

My cadastre is done!

Now, that's just a matter of placing the remaining PWP so that I'll never be bothered anymore by a move-in. Assuming I've gotten the rules right.

My condolences. :\ This is why I get up before 6 am at least. My only villager that gets up that early is Caroline and she doesn't plop like crazy like the others do.
I don't know why fireworks made everyone plop so often, but I got 15+ new flowers in a matter of minutes...

Jak140

Few things in this game make me shout obscenities like a scallop that spawns close to the buoy barrier and swims under it just as I get close.

Elija2

I have a question about the lovely phone/Katrina. Every time you get your fortune you get a little message like "Love is in the air" or something that is supposed to hint at what your good luck item will affect. But does it effect the day that you get your fortune or the next day? I got a fortune yesterday hinting at Gracie appearing, but I doubt that if I wore my lucky item that she would just magically appear. But I got a fortune today that hinted that my relationship with villagers of the opposite sex would be better, and it would be weird if it only affected me the next day. This fortune stuff is kinda confusing.

ramyeon

I have a question about the lovely phone/Katrina. Every time you get your fortune you get a little message like "Love is in the air" or something that is supposed to hint at what your good luck item will affect. But does it effect the day that you get your fortune or the next day? I got a fortune yesterday hinting at Gracie appearing, but I doubt that if I wore my lucky item that she would just magically appear. But I got a fortune today that hinted that my relationship with villagers of the opposite sex would be better, and it would be weird if it only affected me the next day. This fortune stuff is kinda confusing.
I don't think fortunes hint at special visitors appearing as they're random on boot up/start of a new day and not assigned to any specific date or day. If you boot up with a new character and Gracie is there, then quit without saving she won't be anymore. Totally randomised.

For some reason I can't paste the link on the mobile version (running beta software, bugs) but check out the Thonky guide on Katrina for the different types of luck and what they affect that day.

Ultimately Katrina says a lot of random stuff too, what do you expect from a fortune teller?:p

I fear AC GAF is going to devolve into a bloody war between the pro- and anti-tree factions.

The only man left standing will be Linius and his gold cabana set. :(

I'm pro (bamboo)shaft and bush.

Heh.

I actually like a lot of my trees. I kinda hate shaking them because I like how they look with fruit. Not sure how I'm going to organize them though.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'll probably get rid of some trees once I get my gold axe

Like maybe one or two

edit: weiiird. I was in Flurry's house, trying to get her to change her shirt (don't worry about why), and I opened her classical vanity just for the hell of it, and she told me to take it lol

Actually, I guess hers is still there! Even odder.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I'll probably get rid of some trees once I get my gold axe

Like maybe one or two

edit: weiiird. I was in Flurry's house, trying to get her to change her shirt (don't worry about why), and I opened her classical vanity just for the hell of it, and she told me to take it lol

Today, I opened my Paula's dresser and found a regal table tucked in the back. She let me keep it. I'm always gonna open closets from now on.
Alice the koala is setting camp in my town & I already have 10 neighbors..
Can others come ask her to move to their town?
Nope.

Acid08

Banned
I feel like Kicks needs to step up his selection. I swear I've seen the same shoes there for more than a month now. I love my pink sneakers but do want more colors of them.

Busaiku

Man, I wish I'd known you could get hybrid Red Roses.
I've gotten a bunch from Orange/White, thinking that a villager planted them.

Animekatt

I feel like Kicks needs to step up his selection. I swear I've seen the same shoes there for more than a month now. I love my pink sneakers but do want more colors of them.

I so agree with this. He should have a second floor with more places for shoes.

Jak140

I think I'm going to turn off bell boom. If only because it makes medal costs ridiculous without letting you earn any extra. I've probably spent 150 in medals extra because of it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
On the plus side, I got Flurry to change out of an awful design.

On a negative note, it's the BB Tee which has haunted my town since Sparro moved in :(

Elija2

Anyone have goggles that I could have (or Katrina in their town)? I didn't know your fortune changes at midnight and I've been tripping a bunch all of a sudden so I called the lovely phone and it said I need goggles.

Frogstep

I haven't bought shoes since the third day he opened up shop because of this reason.

veras

What time do island tours change? I thought it was midnight, but mine didn't change at the midnight that just passed

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I've completed the fossils but Celeste still wouldn't sell golden shovel :/

Also where would Gracie appear, inside TIY or just roaming around?

Ellix

I got tired of all the watering and switched back to Beautiful Town, and finally got a few red rose+ appearing. Still no luck with the pink cosmos/tulips though.

I've completed the fossils but Celeste still wouldn't sell golden shovel :/

Also where would Gracie appear, inside TIY or just roaming around?

Golden shovel works differently in New Leaf and is actually from buying fertilizer, which won't be until the very last Nookling upgrade and will take quite a while.

Gracie will be loitering outside at the town plaza.

I'm pro (bamboo)shaft and bush.

Heh.

I actually like a lot of my trees. I kinda hate shaking them because I like how they look with fruit. Not sure how I'm going to organize them though.

That's why I have my random trees all over the place with the fruit on. I like the colour. Plus I'm reluctant to lay down paths as I like the countryside feel to everything. But it does mean people just run about all over the place - and pee on my plants :p

Ok, little update before I go to work.

Got Katrina in town. And strangely I have also Katie again in my town. I mean, she was here yesterday and tried to shove her in the train when I was visiting a town, but she lost her ticket. Still got her present today. So you can have Katie multiple days after each other? So if someone wants her this evening. :)

And I feel a bit stupid now. Yesterday I was asking for the last fossil, the apato skull. Wel, I got today the apato skull and Blathers just ignores it, so that means that I have it in my museum, right? So I went back to the fossil and... could it be that I mistaken the skull for a tail? Does the apato has such a tiny head? Its the left part of the three part fossil that I'm missing. *sigh*

So I'm missing the apato tail, I guess...

Got some tails for fossils, but no iguadon one, so I can't help you today, Azure. :(

And harvest my first perfect peach tree. :D Planted another 3 now. :D

Well, I'm on a roll with PWP landmarks that other people probably want. In the past week I've gotten, pyramid, sphinx and now the tower. All I'm looking for is a windmill and a hot spring, lol.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Golden shovel works differently in New Leaf and is actually from buying fertilizer, which won't be until the very last Nookling upgrade and will take quite a while.

Gracie will be loitering outside at the town plaza.

Oh darn.

Also Gracie counts as a visitor yeah? I guess that means he won't appear when other visitors are around.

Zero_IYAD

Awww, she's sick again!
Hope I'll end up with her picture once she's all healed

tumblr_mr3jujZFo11srgzyyo1_400.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And I feel a bit stupid now. Yesterday I was asking for the last fossil, the apato skull. Wel, I got today the apato skull and Blathers just ignores it, so that means that I have it in my museum, right? So I went back to the fossil and... could it be that I mistaken the skull for a tail? Does the apato has such a tiny head? Its the left part of the three part fossil that I'm missing. *sigh*
Unfortunately Apato tail is one of the few fossils I don't have on me, but if you want to double check what you need you can always use the sign located outside of the museum.

Ok, little update before I go to work.

Got Katrina in town. And strangely I have also Katie again in my town. I mean, she was here yesterday and tried to shove her in the train when I was visiting a town, but she lost her ticket. Still got her present today. So you can have Katie multiple days after each other? So if someone wants her this evening. :)
Do you still need someone to take Katie? If so, I'll take her.

Unfortunately Apato tail is one of the few fossils I don't have on me, but if you want to double check what you need you can always use the sign located outside of the museum.

D'oh, that's an idea. Why I didn't thought of that? Thanks for the tip. :D

Do you still need someone to take Katie? If so, I'll take her.

Sure, that's ok. But it will have to be in the evening, cause I'm now at work and I don't have wifi here. It's now 09.30 here, so it'll be a while. If that's still ok for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom