• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyRiven

What are the rules about planting bushes? The first one I ever planted was, I guess, too close to my house, and it wilted. I'm wondering if they work the same way as trees in that respect.

Jak140

What are the rules about planting bushes? The first one I ever planted was, I guess, too close to my house, and it wilted. I'm wondering if they work the same way as trees in that respect.
They can be tree or bush adjacent, but need at least one space from anything else, I think.

ramyeon

From my experience they work as trees in regard to how close they can be in relation to houses, PWPs etc but they can be planted directly next to each other unlike trees.

zigg

So while I was still a girl, I made a sweet dress. Which had nothing to do with the default flag.

3xpLMdg.jpg
t48nyiw.jpg
BPOoohr.jpg
WjHpuoo.jpg

Goes great with light-green hair and a clover.

Also: it was a real pain in the ass uploading those without removing my SD card.

Koren

From my experience they work as trees in regard to how close they can be in relation to houses, PWPs etc but they can be planted directly next to each other unlike trees.
Yes.

But there's also different rules for maximum numbers. I think I'm beginning to figure those, at last. A tree will only grow if there's 7 trees or less whose distance is 3 or lower. There's probably a limitation of bushes AND trees (I'm guessing 14), but I've yet to test it.

For bushes, it's mostly the same. You need something like 14 trees+bushes or less at a distance of 3 or lower for it to grow.

I'm pretty sure now that the density is only computed when the tree tries to grow, so you could have 9 trees in a 7x7 area, depending on your planning. But if you cut the tree in the center and try to plant a new one, it'll failed. I'm trying to verify this, but since I'm after the golden can, I must be cautious...

ramyeon

Yes.

But there's also different rules for maximum numbers. I think I'm beginning to figure those, at last. A tree will only grow if there's 7 trees or less whose distance is 3 or lower. There's probably a limitation of bushes AND trees (I'm guessing 14), but I've yet to test it.

For bushes, it's mostly the same. You need something like 14 trees+bushes or less at a distance of 3 or lower for it to grow.

I'm pretty sure now that the density is only computed when the tree tries to grow, so you could have 9 trees in a 7x7 area, depending on your planning. But if you cut the tree in the center and try to plant a new one, it'll failed. I'm trying to verify this, but since I'm after the golden can, I must be cautious...
Haha wow. Can't say I do enough planting to worry too much about this or even realise this kind of system exists haha. Probably need to start doing a bit more landscaping.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
This is likely common knowledge, but I was curious about the "furniture replacement" request, so I decided to test it out a bit. If the villager is in their house, I believe they will always give you the item they are replacing back as your "gift." Just tried it with Rhonda around 20 times, and each time she gave me a stepladder back. So if you want something that likely isn't junk you've already given them, you probably should wait until they're outside :)

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
OK, I'm cleaning out my closet, and I have a tons of duplicate fossils just taking up space. If anybody is missing any, or wants something for the 2nd floor, here is the list.

ankylo skull
apato tail x 2
apato torso x 2
archelon torso x 2
coprolite
dimetrodon tail
dinosaur track x 2
diplo skull
iguanodon skull
mammoth skull
megacero skull x2
pachy tail
pachy torso
Peking man
plesio torso
ptera skull
ptera right wing
raptor torso
shark tooth
tricera tail x 1
tricera torso x 3

There's also a few extras of last night's fireworks show (not including lovely phone, model car, or barrel)

Edit: Updated list

Despera

Banned
OK, I'm cleaning out my closet, and I have a tons of duplicate fossils just taking up space. If anybody is missing any, or wants something for the 2nd floor, here is the list.

iguanodon torso
ptera right wing x 2
plesio torso
styraco torso
tricera tail x 2

There's also a silver can, and a few extras of last night's fireworks show (not including lovely phone, model car, or barrel)
Silver watering can? Me want!

Also, I'm missing those fossils.

FC: 1220-6394-8381

Koren

I'm beginning to wonder what happen when a villager try to move in and there's no space available in town...

30 PWPs doesn't seem a really big amount, but with houses (4 human and 9 animals), special buildings and natural landscape, you can pretty much fill the map.

Galactic Fork

Sometimes... Stalking animals for hours hoping they'll start talking to each other just pays off:
UReiXPN.jpg

WonderPup

parasaur torso
spino torso
tricera skull

Edit: Updated list

May I have these three fossils? We're already friends. :D

MicH

My red* roses just spawned another blue rose which wasn't even near my first one. Whelp, nothing is stopping this train now.

Already got 4 orange tulips (and a stray black one) and 3 red* pansies. Here we go!

Linius

My red* roses just spawned another blue rose which wasn't even near my first one. Whelp, nothing is stopping this train now.

Already got 4 orange tulips (and a stray black one) and 3 red* pansies. Here we go!

The Black tulip comes from orange X orange?

Galactic Fork

If that's right I miscounted my own amount of days I have the game now :p

Still can't sit, got it on june 13th. It's late, better go to bed now :p

I've had the game since June 16th, and I was just able to sit on it today.

mantidor

So is there any reason to keep your silver tools one you get the gold ones? so far I have the gold slingshot and gold watering can, but I don't know if I should keep their silver varieties.

Despera

Banned
So is there any reason to keep your silver tools one you get the gold ones? so far I have the gold slingshot and gold watering can, but I don't know if I should keep their silver varieties.
At least have one silver tool as backup? That's what I plan on doing.

So, I'm pretty sure my Marina has literally disappeared off the face of the Earth. I have checked EVERYWHERE for her and nada.

I think she's hanging out with Resetti.

zigg

Wow, it looks cool at night!

Half-inclined to just keep this room like this as a Church of the Default Tree or something.

EDIT: I need pews.

MicH

Mystery solved?

tumblr_mr357lMMCz1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Those are red* pansies bred from blue x red parents. Took less than 10 days

Now working on purple tulips.

zigg

Those are red* pansies bred from blue x red parents. Took less than 10 days
I'm starting to get really farking irritated with the RNG in this game.

Oh I mean congratulations :)

(Seriously, that's really cool. Now grow another and pair them!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom