• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Talking of fossils, does anyone here want to build their own mini fossil model. I have quite a few complete sets I'm willing to give.

Currently have:
Dimetrodon
Ichthyosaur
Mammoth
Megacerops
Pachysaurus
Velociraptor

I have a few sets missing just one part (including the Diplodocus) if you want to make further enquiries.

eggwolio

I just wanna state for the record that this OT is the bane of my existence. I'm trying to keep up but I'm like thirty pages behind and then I read something I want to reply to and I'm like, "oh man but that was thirty pages ago." so I don't reply and then I holler at Niraj in game and I'm like, "yo dawg do u got n e axes?" and he's all, "oh come on noob, read the thread, wee is offering silver ones" and then I come in here and act like I'm hip and cool and with the times, and wee hooks me up with silver axes and all is good except I am still thirty effing pages behind.

Whew. Felt good to get that out there. I'll read all your responses by like Friday.

Oh, and for the record, my flag has never once changed from the tree. #teamniraj

That's great! I just got bit by a mosquito while reading your post.

EDIT: Ordering my red* rose bed to PRODUCE ALREADY.

Damn. I completely gave up on trying to get red hybrid roses after failing to get anything from my purple/orange ones for a couple of weeks. Simply not worth the effort when it took me 2 weeks alone to get a single orange rose.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just wanna state for the record that this OT is the bane of my existence. I'm trying to keep up but I'm like thirty pages behind and then I read something I want to reply to and I'm like, "oh man but that was thirty pages ago." so I don't reply and then I holler at Niraj in game and I'm like, "yo dawg do u got n e axes?" and he's all, "oh come on noob, read the thread, wee is offering silver ones" and then I come in here and act like I'm hip and cool and with the times, and wee hooks me up with silver axes and all is good except I am still thirty effing pages behind.
Just read the last page. This thread is very much in real time so you don't really have to read every post.

MicH

WARNING RAGE INCOMING

What the HELL is this!?!?

tumblr_mr3svvE64l1svgayqo1_400.jpg

BEAU? WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU MOVING IN IN THE MIDDLE OF MY PATH? WHAT I DON*T EVEN

So Rodney recently moved out putting me at 9 villagers. I didn't even THINK someone would move in so I didn't do the reset trick every day. URGH this is TERRIBLE

He will FEEL MY WRATH

WARNING RAGE INCOMING

BEAU? WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU MOVING IN IN THE MIDDLE OF MY PATH? WHAT I DON*T EVEN

So Rodney recently moved out putting me at 9 villagers. I didn't even THINK someone would move in so I didn't do the reset trick every day. URGH this is TERRIBLE

He will FEEL MY WRATH

Well, at least it didn't move on your blue flower, I guess... :)

Still have 9 villagers and no new ones came too. Guess I'm lucky for now

MicH

:(

GOD WHY DIDN'T I CHECK BEFORE I LOADED UP MY GAME

Seriously sad that this happened. And I was saving that spot for Marshal too! God damn it

Linius

WARNING RAGE INCOMING

tumblr_mr3svvE64l1svgayqo1_400.jpg

He will FEEL MY WRATH

Aaaw, that sucks so hard. It could take a while before this animal moves on too :(

I've been igoring Vic now for quite a while but still nothing.

MicH

The only good things about this shitty day is that I got another pink carnation and Gracie is here for the third (!) time today. Had her every week so far.

kubus

So, what are you guys exactly doing in the game everyday? Lately, I only play in the morning, find the money stone, ore stone, check shops for things I want, find fossils and... well yeah, that's it. After an hour or so I'm done playing, and it's waiting for the next day. It's... kind-of become a chore :(.

I've tried playing the game the slow/"fair" way, so I haven't done much island bug catching and I've never participated in the stalk market. My only real income each day is from the money rock and selling stuff I find/get from villagers. Because of this I've only expanded my house twice and I don't have any extra rooms. I still don't have the coffee shop because holy shit, 300k bells is a ton for me. And I play every day D: ...

Is anyone else experiencing the same? I'm considering dabbling in the stalk market coming Sunday, and then try to make some real cash. It just feels like the game is pretty poorly balanced... It's either go make a ton at the island at night/stalk market or be a poor hobo for life :p. How are you guys doing it?

Edit: Oh and none of my villagers have moved out. Bob and Pekoe are the only villagers I like and they've tried to move 3 times already. Meanwhile, whenever a shitty villagers wants to move I'm like "kbye" and then they say "lol no just kidding I'M STAYING :D". Ffs I just want new villagers :(

Linius

The only good things about this shitty day is that I got another pink carnation and Gracie is here for the third (!) time today. Had her every week so far.

So you're keep TT'ing to speed up the process with these flowers right? Would you concider loaning a few out when you got a whole bunch of them? I feel like I'm wasting my life trying to breed blue roses :p

So, what are you guys exactly doing in the game everyday? Lately, I only play in the morning, find the money stone, ore stone, check shops for things I want, find fossils and... well yeah, that's it. After an hour or so I'm done playing, and it's waiting for the next day. It's... kind-of become a chore :(.

I've tried playing the game the slow/"fair" way, so I haven't done much island bug catching and I've never participated in the stalk market. My only real income each day is from the money rock and selling stuff I find/get from villagers. Because of this I've only expanded my house twice and I don't have any extra rooms. I still don't have the coffee shop because holy shit, 300k bells is a ton for me. And I play every day D: ...

Is anyone else experiencing the same? I'm considering dabbling in the stalk market coming Sunday, and then try to make some real cash. It just feels like the game is pretty poorly balanced... It's either go make a ton at the island at night/stalk market or be a poor hobo for life :p. How are you guys doing it?

Edit: Oh and none of my villagers have moved out. Bob and Pekoe are the only villagers I like and they've tried to move 3 times already. Meanwhile, whenever a shitty villagers wants to move I'm like "kbye" and then they say "lol no just kidding I'M STAYING :D". Ffs I just want new villagers :(

You need to make some serious bells dude. If you got more bells you can plant PWPs all over town. Create an alt for extra pattern slots so you can lay paths (unless the 10 spots from your mayor are enough for you). Indulge in trading and cataloging, visiting towns and stuff. I must admit that most of my time I'm just having visitors over or visiting others. Most of the time I go to pick something up but I usually end up talking about nothing for a long time :p

Oh and flowers are a brilliant waste of time in this game. Arranging flowerbeds takes time. Also watering. And I'm still after bugs and fish, so that's something to do as well. Though the Peteltail is a pain for me, because I hardly play between 5pm and 7pm.

MicH

Can anyone help me out?

Gracie gave me the modern challenge today, and pretty much every piece of modern clothing is shirts :/ So does anyone have any of the following:

Cloche Hat
Elipse Sunglasses
Dark Polka Skirt
Stripe Pumps

I need two pieces of modern clothing to pass her challenge. I already have a shirt, so I just need one of the above. Very limited selection :/

So you're keep TT'ing to speed up the process with these flowers right? Would you concider loaning a few out when you got a whole bunch of them? I feel like I'm wasting my life trying to breed blue roses :p
Yes I will definitely give out a lot of the stuff I have:

>20 pink roses
>20 purple roses
~10 orange roses
~20 black roses
~15 blue pansies

Those are what I've been experimenting with so far. Currently breeding the blue roses (have 4) and purple pansies (have 1). We'll see if I can get my hands on the elusive purple tulip as well.

Please bear in mind that this isn't on my main file, if anyone is wondering that.

Aaaw, that sucks so hard. It could take a while before this animal moves on too :(

I've been igoring Vic now for quite a while but still nothing.

Likewise with Rodney. Since that vermin moved in I've had Rosie (x2), Lucha, Nana, Iggly, Muffy, Chow and Tucker all want to move out but he is still here, shitting up my town.

Linius

Yes I will definitely give out a lot of the stuff I have:

>20 pink roses
>20 purple roses
~10 orange roses
~20 black roses
~15 blue pansies

Those are what I've been experimenting with so far. Currently breeding the blue roses (have 4) and purple pansies (have 1). We'll see if I can get my hands on the elusive purple tulip as well.

Please bear in mind that this isn't on my main file, if anyone is wondering that.

I know, second game heaven. I must admit, if I had the money to spare I would buy a second game to screw around with. TT'ing, villager swapping and stuff. Though I wouldn't wanna TT towards special events. Can you keep TT'ing forwards and backwards within the same season and still have your flowers grow? That way you won't get spoiled and you still have all the advantages.

Dilli666

[...]
[...]

Island all the time. Takes about an half hour for ~300.000 bells if done right.
Chop and pull all the stuff that is no palm tree. Go there at evening and scare off eveything that is not a palm tree bug and just catch those.
Learn how to correctly catch those bugs:
- really really slow sneaking for the Laprima and Herkules
- never come from above the tree, always from below or you'll scare them off
- Go in and out to refresh the spawns

MicH

I know, second game heaven. I must admit, if I had the money to spare I would buy a second game to screw around with. TT'ing, villager swapping and stuff. Though I wouldn't wanna TT towards special events. Can you keep TT'ing forwards and backwards within the same season and still have your flowers grow? That way you won't get spoiled and you still have all the advantages.
Yes, that's no problem. I usually do March > Current date

Then go back to March and start over. I don't wanna spoil myself either :p Don't participate in any of the events.

kubus

You need to make some serious bells dude. If you got more bells you can plant PWPs all over town. Create an alt for extra pattern slots so you can lay paths (unless the 10 spots from your mayor are enough for you). Indulge in trading and cataloging, visiting towns and stuff. I must admit that most of my time I'm just having visitors over or visiting others. Most of the time I go to pick something up but I usually end up talking about nothing for a long time :p

Oh and flowers are a brilliant waste of time in this game. Arranging flowerbeds takes time. Also watering. And I'm still after bugs and fish, so that's something to do as well. Though the Peteltail is a pain for me, because I hardly play between 5pm and 7pm.
I've got paths in my town, still not 100% satisfied with them though. I wish I had more bushes to plant, only just got T.I.Y. so I'm slowly collecting them. I'm using my boyfriend's character for the patterns (I got one with corners so... about 13 patterns needed total :p).

I think I'll try to participate more in this community thread and get some trading and cataloging done. I've been trying to finish my Modern living room since getting the game almost 2 months ago, might as well start trading with other GAFers to complete my sets!

I haven't done anything with hybrids yet, but my town is covered in flowers. I have the Beautiful Ordinance so I don't have to spend 2 hours watering everything :p. Is it true you can't get a Perfect Town with Beautiful Ordinance?

Thanks for your help btw :)

Island all the time. Takes about an half hour for ~300.000 bells if done right.
Chop and pull all the stuff that is no palm tree. Go there at evening and scare off eveything that is not a palm tree bug and just catch those.
Learn how to correctly catch those bugs:
- really really slow sneaking for the Laprima and Herkules
- never come from above the tree, always from below or you'll scare them off
- Go in and out to refresh the spawns
Thanks. I've done this a couple of times already and even butchered my island for it, but at some point it just became a drag... I'm a little disappointed that the only way to get some serious bells is with this island trick or using internet forums for massive profits on the stalk market. But I'll try to balance it out a little, make one island trip a day and buy a bunch of turnips this coming Sunday.

Koren

Damn. I completely gave up on trying to get red hybrid roses after failing to get anything from my purple/orange ones for a couple of weeks. Simply not worth the effort when it took me 2 weeks alone to get a single orange rose.
I've gotten a dozen oranges in a week, but the scorpion was nowhere to be seen except for a single night (and committed suicide each time)

That RNG...

WARNING RAGE INCOMING

I feel bad for you, and I'm even more interested in finishing my PWP work so that it cannot happen anymore in my town...

Animekatt

Wow, sorry to see that pic. :( But at least you're on your way to having the emporium. I haven't seen Gracie once yet.

Linius

Yes, that's no problem. I usually do March > Current date

Then go back to March and start over. I don't wanna spoil myself either :p Don't participate in any of the events.

That's better :D

I've got paths in my town, still not 100% satisfied with them though. I wish I had more bushes to plant, only just got T.I.Y. so I'm slowly collecting them. I'm using my boyfriend's character for the patterns (I got one with corners so... about 13 patterns needed total :p).

I think I'll try to participate more in this community thread and get some trading and cataloging done. I've been trying to finish my Modern living room since getting the game almost 2 months ago, might as well start trading with other GAFers to complete my sets!

I haven't done anything with hybrids yet, but my town is covered in flowers. I have the Beautiful Ordinance so I don't have to spend 2 hours watering everything :p. Is it true you can't get a Perfect Town with Beautiful Ordinance?

Thanks for your help btw :)

I don't think you have to use beautiful down, though flowers will wilt if you're not dedicated to watering them. And that can cost you your perfect town rating.

And I have the full modern set in my house. Not going to play right now, but you can always come by tonight (European time) to cat the pieces you need. Decorating the house is one of my favourite things in this game and if you solely rely on what your own shop is stocking you don't have much to play with I imagine.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I may consider starting my alt character for patterns and more quirky rooms (such as ones that would benefit from not being fully expanded). Of course one has the benefit if you're not happy with their location you can always move 'em.

Philia

I'm so sorry to see Beau had messed up your town. :\ Glad to see you're getting pink carnations. :)

Today's a good hybrid day for me too. I got another purple tulip from the other purples and my own first pink carnation! :)

Got a white carnation from Niraj a few days ago to try breeding with my carnations and what do you know, you can get pinks this way too.

Chopper

Got a couple more red* pansies today. Come oooon purple!

Also, changed my avatar until I decide I don't like it. I'm sure it looks a bit blurry on a desktop. Never mind. Mobile Gaf fo life.

NintendoHeart

Neo Member
Uhm, do any of you guys here have 7/11 or Gorgeous Counter I could catalog? I am trying to make a cafe-bar in the basement of my house. I have most of the furniture figured but really am missing a nice counter. Halp.

Linius

Catting 7/11 stuff won't help you, can't be ordered :)

So, I got my first black tulip today. Was my only hybrid sadly. Now I have a black rose, lilly and tulip.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can anyone help me out?

Gracie gave me the modern challenge today, and pretty much every piece of modern clothing is shirts :/ So does anyone have any of the following:

Cloche Hat
Elipse Sunglasses
Dark Polka Skirt
Stripe Pumps
I have the Dark Polka Skirt. I can check if my stores by chance have any of the other items later. But I will not be able to get online for about five hours from now.

MicH

I have the Dark Polka Skirt. I can check if my stores by chance have any of the other items later. But I will not be able to get online for about five hours from now.
I would really appreciate that. I ordered the wooden clogs, but not sure if they're the same as the sabots Thonky is listing. So I would really appreciate a back up just in case

afoni

Banned
I hadn't touched my town in a week because I got a bit bored.

Bunnie is gone.

Bunnie_-_Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf.png

I remember all my life
Raining down as cold as ice
A shadow of a man
A face through a window
Crying in the night
The night goes into

Morning, just another day
Happy people pass my way
Looking in their eyes
I see a memory
I never realized
How happy you made me, oh Bunnie

Well you came and you gave without taking
And I sent you away, oh Bunnie
And you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
And I need you today, oh Bunnie

I'm standing on the edge of time
Walked away when love was mine
Caught up in a world of uphill climbing
The tears are in my eyes
And nothing is rhyming, oh Bunnie

Yesterday's a dream
Now I face the morning
Crying on the breeze
The pain is calling, oh Bunnie

Animekatt

Got a couple more red* pansies today. Come oooon purple!

Also, changed my avatar until I decide I don't like it. I'm sure it looks a bit blurry on a desktop. Never mind. Mobile Gaf fo life.

I think it looks great.

Thanks to Philia's handywork, I got 1 orange and 1 pink rose today. :)

Philia

I think it looks great.

Thanks to Philia's handywork, I got 1 orange and 1 pink rose today. :)

Awesome! :) My husband's town got a pink lily, pink & orange cosmos, and a purple rose lol. It won't be long that I'll change up his town with hybrids to try for third tier hybrids.

I would really appreciate that. I ordered the wooden clogs, but not sure if they're the same as the sabots Thonky is listing. So I would really appreciate a back up just in case

I've got near full sets of every clothing theme for people to borrow, modern only has 3 non-Gracie items but if you unequip everything else it classifies as a passing grade. I'll be at work shortly but if you still need the stuff in 6 hours you can pop over and borrow them.

And no, wooden clogs do not count - they have to be just the regular clogs.

MicH

Just got another purple pansy!

Now focusing on the tulip

I've got near full sets of every clothing theme for people to borrow, modern only has 3 non-Gracie items but if you unequip everything else it classifies as a passing grade. I'll be at work shortly but if you still need the stuff in 6 hours you can pop over and borrow them.

Oooh. Thanks for sharing this info, I may just have to take you up on that offer :p

Philia

I got your mummy pants and lace-up boots, remind me later. :)

NintendoHeart

Neo Member
By the way, today at my re-tail you can get extra cash for Bananas and Horned Hercules + I have Bell Bloom ordinance, so you get 28k per bug. Just letting you guys know. :)

Linius

By the way, today at my re-tail you can get extra cash for Bananas and Horned Hercules + I have Bell Bloom ordinance, so you get 28k per bug. Just letting you guys know. :)

How long is that still going? Sounds good. Though it's nowhere close to bug catching time for me at the moment :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If I got anything today it was a red+, white+ and a yellow+(?)

Or I have some naughty neighbours.

I'm only watering my red+Xred+ and purpleXoranges

zigg

I thought I was doing well with the red* roses on my beach until I watched Al plant a red rose right in the middle of them.
…

I give up.

I can get red* roses pretty reliably, and that bed did produce two blacks (!) this morning, so hey. I moved them next to my house.

I think what I need to do now that I've achieved PT is to start gathering up the flowers from the rest of the town to concentrate the spawns into the red* bed and orange x purple pairs. They're 90% hybrids at this point so I'll have to store them.

Aw, Beau is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom