• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Leif sold a regular axe, so I could cut 5 trees today. :D Still a lot to go... :(

If people have regular or silver axes that they don't need anymore, cause they have a golden axe, I would be happy to taken them. :)

Played this game a lot at launch then kinda lost my way with it until now. Just booted it up and I'm not sure where to start, walked out of my house with a new hairstyle and found out it was bed head. Didn't even know that existed, this game just keeps on giving.

UberTag

Can anyone help me out?

Gracie gave me the modern challenge today, and pretty much every piece of modern clothing is shirts :/ So does anyone have any of the following:

Cloche Hat
Elipse Sunglasses
Dark Polka Skirt
Stripe Pumps

I need two pieces of modern clothing to pass her challenge. I already have a shirt, so I just need one of the above. Very limited selection :/
Dark Polka Skirt is tricky because the only way for anyone to get it at this point is from a villager trade. Thankfully BGBW is hooking you up.

I'd love to catalog this as well sometime today if possible as a pre-emptive measure for this exact Gracie scenario. I would also be fine cataloging a Blue Retro Dress which would work as well.

I've already got Clogs myself. I'd order you some but I'll be at work by the time I can order from my catalog.

Chopper

Well, Leif sold a regular axe, so I could cut 5 trees today. :D Still a lot to go... :(

If people have regular or silver axes that they don't need anymore, cause they have a golden axe, I would be happy to taken them. :)
I have one regular and two silver axes I can spare for you buddy.

Ourobolus

Banned
So I got enough bells to put a down payment on my house, from digging, picking up fruit, and picking up seashells last night.

Does medicine just randomly appear in the shops or something? I got stung by like 3 beehives while I was shaking trees.

So far, the game is pretty fun. Can't wait to actually make some progress so I can start customizing the town fully.

Koren

Does medicine just randomly appear in the shops or something? I got stung by like 3 beehives while I was shaking trees.
It's available everyday but you need the first store upgrade, IIRC.

Edit : some villagers can offer you one for free, though, and you can just quit/reload.

Linius

So I got enough bells to put a down payment on my house, from digging, picking up fruit, and picking up seashells last night.

So far, the game is pretty fun. Can't wait to actually make some progress so I can start customizing the town fully.

Don't buy medicine for bee stungs. If you close down the game and restart you're alle fixed up. And I think medicine is for sale with the first shop upgrade.

zigg

Yeah, he is. If you ever give him the boot, MicH, I'll gladly take him. Cats, deer, squirrels, and wolves are my favorites.
As much as I love him, I'll let him go next time he asks. I'll try to remember to post here and we can see how it's going at that point if you're interested.

Along those lines, Anabelle is on her way out on the 9th. Another fun one :)

I apologize in advance that I'm very difficult to arrange visits with. Real life is hard ;)

Philia

I apologize in advance that I'm very difficult to arrange visits with. Real life is hard ;)

LOL don't apologize. Your work wifi sucks. Just like Animekatt's.

Anyway, I need a pep-squad tank for my fortune item of the day. I don't have such thing cataloged. Anyone has it?

And I've finally updated my dream town.

Tash

Anyway, I need a pep-squad tank for my fortune item of the day. I don't have such thing cataloged. Anyone has it?

And I've finally updated my dream town.

What's your DC Philia?

I'll post about this a little later but I have Katrina in town today if anyone wants their fortune read. I'm out this morning (US east coast) but I'll open up after noon. There's some random stuff by her tent (nothing exciting) free for the taking. Apologies for the under construction state of things. :/

And if anyone needs axes, I got my golden axe in a TT-ing friend's town last night since she's been letting me buy her saplings every day. I've got a good number I've been stockpiling that I can pass on.

Are you a Gemini too? :D (I don't have the shirt.)

As much as I love him, I'll let him go next time he asks. I'll try to remember to post here and we can see how it's going at that point if you're interested

No, no. Keep him if you love him. :) That's very kind though. I already have two lazies I'm currently waiting out.

Maybe I could come visit someday when you're free to visit him and see your flowers.

MicH

I thought they were safe there. :( Flower efforts on hold until I get my town fully laid out and then I'll get strict on hybrids.

Yeah, he is. If you ever give him the boot, MicH, I'll gladly take him. Cats, deer, squirrels, and wolves are my favorites.
He has to go no matter what

Linius

He has to go no matter what

So hypothetical question. Let's say it was Marshall moving in there on accident, what then? :p

One big down side to the game to me still is that villagers will leave if you don't the game. I know there will be a point where I stop playing for a while, maybe even a big while. And I know that when I return to this game my town will have gone to shit :(

MicH

So hypothetical question. Let's say it was Marshall moving in there on accident, what then? :p

One big down side to the game to me still is that villagers will leave if you don't the game. I know there will be a point where I stop playing for a while, maybe even a big while. And I know that when I return to this game my town will have gone to shit :(
He would have to go as well. Just two spaces above his plot is the bridge. It makes it impossible to make a good path. And I now can't switch out the bridge for the wooden one. He literally couldn't have chosen a worse spot

kubus

Please help me complete my museum!

I need these fossils:

- Apatosaurus torso
- Archaeopteryx
- Diplodocus tail
- Fern fossil
- Pteranodon right wing
- Styracosaurus torso

I have 28 unique fossils to trade and a bunch of extra Nintendo items. I really need to clear out some space in my wardrobe so I'd like to get rid of my extra items asap!

Here's everything I have to offer. Thanks :D

SuperSah

Banned
Oops. Gently losing interest in New Leaf now.

I'll try and keep playing and if I can't get back into it, you have permission to de-friend me, just alert me.

Linius

He would have to go as well. Just two spaces above his plot is the bridge. It makes it impossible to make a good path. And I now can't switch out the bridge for the wooden one. He literally couldn't have chosen a worse spot

Yup, couldn't have picked a worse spot :/

So, what are you guys exactly doing in the game everyday? Lately, I only play in the morning, find the money stone, ore stone, check shops for things I want, find fossils and... well yeah, that's it. After an hour or so I'm done playing, and it's waiting for the next day. It's... kind-of become a chore :(.

I've tried playing the game the slow/"fair" way, so I haven't done much island bug catching and I've never participated in the stalk market. My only real income each day is from the money rock and selling stuff I find/get from villagers. Because of this I've only expanded my house twice and I don't have any extra rooms. I still don't have the coffee shop because holy shit, 300k bells is a ton for me. And I play every day D: ...

Is anyone else experiencing the same? I'm considering dabbling in the stalk market coming Sunday, and then try to make some real cash. It just feels like the game is pretty poorly balanced... It's either go make a ton at the island at night/stalk market or be a poor hobo for life :p. How are you guys doing it?

Edit: Oh and none of my villagers have moved out. Bob and Pekoe are the only villagers I like and they've tried to move 3 times already. Meanwhile, whenever a shitty villagers wants to move I'm like "kbye" and then they say "lol no just kidding I'M STAYING :D". Ffs I just want new villagers :(

Going in on the stalks was the best decision I've made in a while. No more grinding, paid off my house, changed up a bunch of PWP, and hit up the trading board on GF. Go for it!

zigg

No, no. Keep him if you love him. :) That's very kind though. I already have two lazies I'm currently waiting out.
Ah, well, actually, I kinda like the idea of villagers moving around, particularly if I've had some influence on them. So it's not a problem. I actually regretted not letting him go last time he asked, heh. I felt like I was HOLDING HIM DOWN, if that makes any sense, heh.

zigg

Probably for the best anyway, haha. But yeah, being a parent and all means it can be a little unpredictable when I get time for myself, too. Hell, I don't even visit my own daughter's town as much as I'd like to. :(

What can I do to reignite my spark of love?
A nice romantic dinner, chocolates, soft music…

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yo dawgs.

What can I do to reignite my spark of love?

Don't overthink it, and don't try to force yourself.

Some of the most fulfilling things for me have been visiting others/letting them visit, and befriending new people via the island. You meet the right people and you'll have fun in life, regardless of the medium :)

Yeah I know that last bit sounds like a crappy fortune cookie, but it's true :p

SuperSah

Banned
Don't overthink it, and don't try to force yourself.

Some of the most fulfilling things for me have been visiting others/letting them visit, and befriending new people via the island. You meet the right people and you'll have fun in life, regardless of the medium :)

Yeah I know that last bit sounds like a crappy fortune cookie, but it's true :p

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm gonna invest some time in Club Tortimer tonight and make new friends visit some towns.

No-one ever seems to be open now.

Please help me complete my museum!

I need these fossils:

- Apatosaurus torso
- Archaeopteryx
- Diplodocus tail
- Fern fossil
- Pteranodon right wing
- Styracosaurus torso

I have 28 unique fossils to trade and a bunch of extra Nintendo items. I really need to clear out some space in my wardrobe so I'd like to get rid of my extra items asap!

Here's everything I have to offer. Thanks :D

Check your PMs. I've got a deal for you.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm gonna invest some time in Club Tortimer tonight and make new friends visit some towns.

No-one ever seems to be open now.

That is true, people generally don't leave their stuff open. Sunday would've been a good day though, with the fireworks show. You're welcome to hang out at some point :)

Philia

What's your DC Philia?

4000 2264 4880

Are you a Gemini too? :D (I don't have the shirt.)

Capricorn. I'm a fan of Geminis though. Two of my best friends and my beloved grandmother are these. <3333333333

You guys... Don't tell me I am the only one who ran straight for a new ID photo when I got my first bee sting. >_>

NOPE. My first photo, I did that too lol. You're not alone. :)

Hats are premium at my Re-tail today. So if anyone needs to unload a crown for some reason, let me know.

A Royal Crown goes for 600k at retail, for dupers who wants more money, Royal Crowns is the way to go instead of 99k bags. Post a topic in GameFaqs and you'll get some nice generous tips for your premium.

A full locker will get you 100 mil bells easy.

zroid

Banned
Oh man... when I saw Isabelle's greeting "In Piecroft, it's Tuesday August 6th..." I read it in Ryan Davis' voice. *sniff* ;-;

SuperSah

Banned
That is true, people generally don't leave their stuff open. Sunday would've been a good day though, with the fireworks show. You're welcome to hang out at some point :)

Thanks man, appreciate it.

When you open your gate certain things like refurbishing are disabled which discourages just leaving your gates open all evening.

Yeah, I guess so. I just feel it's hassle to come here, ask if anyone's open and wait. :p

Philia

Ah, it's just that we've had the same lucky item from the phone twice. I guess it's the same for everyone every day?

I recall two people coming into my town to see katrina had shared the same fortune item too. Ornate bottoms I recall lol. So I imagine its not that widely dispersed as we'd believe for everyone.

With that said... does anyone have a Pep-squad Tank?

Me and bluepolicebox needs it!

pep-squad-tank.jpg

http://moridb.com/items/tops/pep-squad-tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom